PDA

View Full Version : Red Alert, Friends!

stephanie
10-23-2007, 02:13 AM
Email I received............

Date: Monday 22oct07 11:55 p.m. EDT

Sen. Reid just filed for cloture to bring AMNESTY to vote on Wednesday -- All must phone Tuesday

RED ALERT, FRIENDS!

This is not a drill. This is the real thing.

A massive amnesty for illegal aliens is probably coming up for a vote Wednesday in the Senate.

Our Capitol Hill Team just contacted me and reported that Senate Majority Leader Reid (D-Nev.) has just filed for "cloture" on S. 2205 (the DREAM Act amnesty).

If Americans don't phone Tuesday until the switchboard shuts down, it looks like we're going to have a brand new amnesty for illegal aliens coming out of the Senate later this week.

PLEASE CALL YOUR TWO SENATORS AND PLEAD THAT THEY VOTE 'NO' ON THE S. 2205 CLOTURE ON WEDNESDAY.

Phone Senate Switchboard
202-224-3121

Sen. Reid is hell-bent on getting this amnesty through the Senate as fast as possible and before we can fully mobilize the country as happened when we defeated his Comprehensive Amnesty bill in June.

Here is something pretty amazing: After the American people overwhelmingly rose up against the big compromise in June that traded an amnesty for some mediocre extra enforcement, Sen. Reid is trying to push through an amnesty WITHOUT ANY ENFORCEMENT MEASURES!

He is using the Rule 14 that I told you about last night to avoid any committee debate, hearings or deliberations. Filing for cloture means that he can bring the amnesty up on Wednesday.

The first vote will be on whether to allow the amnesty to come to the Senate floor for full debate and eventual vote. If we can hold the YES votes below 60, we can stop the bill in its tracks. We need 41 NO votes to guarantee killing it.

You can see all the direct Capitol office phone numbers and the numbers for their offices back home at:
www.numbersusa.com/congressinfo/

You must emphasize to your Senators that a YES vote on cloture will be interpreted by all of us as a vote for rewarding millions of illegal aliens with amnesty.

Hugh Lincoln
10-23-2007, 06:59 PM
The traitors won't stop.

manu1959
10-23-2007, 07:04 PM
just think......any sleeper cell terrorist that snuck in.... will suddenly be a us citizen.....what a country....

Angel Heart
10-24-2007, 12:22 AM
This isn't a blanket amnesty. It requires:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=s110-2205

(a) Special Rule for Certain Long-Term Residents Who Entered the United States as Children-

(1) IN GENERAL- Notwithstanding any other provision of law and except as otherwise provided in this Act, the Secretary may cancel removal of, and adjust to the status of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, subject to the conditional basis described in section 4, an alien who is inadmissible or deportable from the United States, if the alien demonstrates that--

(A) the alien has been physically present in the United States for a continuous period of not less than 5 years immediately preceding the date of enactment of this Act, and had not yet reached the age of 16 years at the time of initial entry;

(B) the alien has been a person of good moral character since the date of enactment of this Act;

(C) the alien--

(i) is not inadmissible under paragraph (2), paragraph (3), subparagraph (B), (C), (E), (F), or (G) of paragraph (6), or subsection (C) of paragraph (10) of section 212(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1182(a)), except that if the alien is inadmissible solely under subparagraph (C) or (F) of paragraph (6) of such section, the alien had not yet reached the age of 16 years at the time the violation was committed; and

(ii) is not deportable under subparagraph (E) or (G) of paragraph (1), paragraph (2), subparagraph (B), (C), or (D) of paragraph (3), paragraph (4), or paragraph (6) of section 237(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1227(a)), except that if the alien is deportable solely under subparagraph (C) or (D) of paragraph (3) of such section, the alien had not yet reached the age of 16 years at the time the violation was committed;

(D) the alien, at the time of application, has been admitted to an institution of higher education in the United States, or has earned a high school diploma or obtained a general education development certificate in the United States;

(E) the alien has never been under a final administrative or judicial order of exclusion, deportation, or removal, unless the alien--

(i) has remained in the United States under color of law after such order was issued; or

(ii) received the order before attaining the age of 16 years; and

(F) the alien was had not yet reached the age of 30 years on the date of enactment of this Act.

(2) WAIVER- Notwithstanding paragraph (1), the Secretary of Homeland Security may waive the ground of ineligibility under section 212(a)(6) of the Immigration and Nationality Act and the ground of deportability under paragraphs (1), (3), and (6) of section 237(a) of that Act for humanitarian purposes or family unity or when it is otherwise in the public interest.

(3) PROCEDURES- The Secretary shall provide a procedure by regulation allowing eligible individuals to apply affirmatively for the relief available under this subsection without being placed in removal proceedings.

I fully support this move. It's for children that have been raised here. That are in their hearts Americans. I personally have known several of these children and work with them daily. It's not the child's fault. These are also not your average illegal child being raised here. They have to be excepted to a college.

Classact
10-24-2007, 07:04 AM
I get his emails regularly and have helped to kill the Dream Act several times... the Senate switchboard will be shut down once again today because of this amnesty bill. Bet I've sent twenty faxes and lost count of the calls. I provided his email to my bleeding heart liberal sister-in-law in Philly and she sent it to hundreds of her friends who also don't support illegals.

You did a great service by posting the page but I thought it was against the rules and that is why I didn't post it. Now if we could only get a few more people to read your posting we can guarantee shutting down amnesty today once again!

glockmail
10-24-2007, 07:32 AM
.... They have to be excepted to a college. Unlike you, apparently. :laugh2:

theHawk
10-24-2007, 08:17 AM
They have to be excepted to a college.

Oh yea thats just great. Heaven forbid we actually get our own people higher education. There shouldn't be one illegal alien child in a college so long as there are American students that want and need those slots on college campuses. Is it too much to ask that we put America's kids first above those of Mexico and Guatamala?

Classact
10-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Oh yea thats just great. Heaven forbid we actually get our own people higher education. There shouldn't be one illegal alien child in a college so long as there are American students that want and need those slots on college campuses. Is it too much to ask that we put America's kids first above those of Mexico and Guatamala?If they do go to college then they should be deported with their families to their home country to fix what is broke there with their new gained education. Definitely not reward them by displacing Americans who sit across the isle from them.

glockmail
10-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Oh yea thats just great. Heaven forbid we actually get our own people higher education. There shouldn't be one illegal alien child in a college so long as there are American students that want and need those slots on college campuses. Is it too much to ask that we put America's kids first above those of Mexico and Guatamala? I don't think displacement of American citizens is an issue. There are too many slackers on college campii now and these kids would just eliminate some of them. I like this part of the proposal, but don't see why we need to bring their entire extended family along for the ride.

Classact
10-24-2007, 12:33 PM
I don't think displacement of American citizens is an issue. There are too many slackers on college campii now and these kids would just eliminate some of them. I like this part of the proposal, but don't see why we need to bring their entire extended family along for the ride.Anyone with a heart wouldn't want to deny the kids advancing but the problem is the way the left always tries to do stuff. Just watched the debate on the bill on the Senate floor and Senator Durbin I think made some real good arguments but the problem is that which was posed by the right is that it puts the illegal kids in the front of the line ahead of those who have tried to enter legally... approval of the bill would even weaken the desire to have a comprehensive immigration bill... and several other points like legal immigrant migrant worker programs and border security first... the bill failed once again and it would have failed it the CA Senators had been present to vote also.

stephanie
10-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Defeated!

U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 110th Congress - 1st Session

as compiled through Senate LIS by the Senate Bill Clerk under the direction of the Secretary of the Senate

Vote Summary

Question: On the Cloture Motion (Motion to Invoke Cloture on the Motion to Proceed to Consider S. 2205 )
Vote Number: 394 Vote Date: October 24, 2007, 12:27 PM
Required For Majority: 3/5 Vote Result: Cloture Motion Rejected
Measure Number: S. 2205
Measure Title: A bill to authorize the cancellation of removal and adjustment of status of certain alien students who are long-term United States residents and who entered the United States as children, and for other purposes.
Vote Counts: YEAs 52
NAYs 44
Not Voting 4

How they voted at the site....
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=1&vote=00394