PDA

View Full Version : Muslims sue to stone women

Hobbit
02-07-2007, 01:27 PM
A town in Quebec has passed a measure that bans stoning or burning women, or forcing them to wear head coverings. In response, Muslims are suing to have the measure overturned. Muslims don't need IEDs to defeat us, PC is working just fine.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=72d7b831-6e45-46f7-9d33-55ec4324f3e6&k=87787

Hagbard Celine
02-07-2007, 01:35 PM
A town in Quebec has passed a measure that bans stoning or burning women, or forcing them to wear head coverings. In response, Muslims are suing to have the measure overturned. Muslims don't need IEDs to defeat us, PC is working just fine.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=72d7b831-6e45-46f7-9d33-55ec4324f3e6&k=87787

These people are savages.

Nienna
02-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Yesterday, Premier Jean Charest, reacting to Drouin's latest sortie, said the furor has gone too far and is provoking dangerous excesses in the current debate in the province over what accommodations for immigrants are reasonable in Quebec society.

Not burning women alive or stoning them seems pretty reasonable to me. I like those rules.

The ClayTaurus
02-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Not burning women alive or stoning them seems pretty reasonable to me. I like those rules.You would, woman. ;)

Hagbard Celine
02-07-2007, 01:53 PM
You would, woman. ;)

Haha. :flameth:

Nienna
02-07-2007, 02:11 PM
You would, woman. ;)

Are you implying that women SHOULD be stoned? or burned alive???? Are you implying that women overreact, and because of their emotions, are UNABLE to REASON???? I thought you were one of the sensitive ones, Clay!

:jim hasn't installed the crying smiley, but it would be here if he had:

;)

The ClayTaurus
02-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Are you implying that women SHOULD be stoned? or burned alive???? Are you implying that women overreact, and because of their emotions, are UNABLE to REASON???? I thought you were one of the sensitive ones, Clay!

:jim hasn't installed the crying smiley, but it would be here if he had:

;)Don't forget "talks too much" :)

Gaffer
02-07-2007, 04:45 PM
After they lose in court they begin the rioting. Then the demands for autnomy. Dearborn is next.

jillian
02-07-2007, 04:54 PM
You get to the part where it said there isn't a single Muslim in the town?

When was the last time someone tried to stone someone in Canada?

You think if the Muslim League sues it will be for the right to stone women or the right to wear headscarves?

It's a racist measure intended to send a racist message.

By the by, the thread title doesn't accurately reflect the article. Kinda tacky.

Hagbard Celine
02-07-2007, 05:11 PM
You get to the part where it said there isn't a single Muslim in the town?

When was the last time someone tried to stone someone in Canada?

You think if the Muslim League sues it will be for the right to stone women or the right to wear headscarves?

It's a racist measure intended to send a racist message.

By the by, the thread title doesn't accurately reflect the article. Kinda tacky.

Headscarves are ugly

jillian
02-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Headscarves are ugly

Well, I wouldn't wear one.

Tatooing one's face is ugly, too. No laws against ugly, though.

Abbey Marie
02-07-2007, 05:45 PM
France may not be in the pickle it is today, if it had taken some preventative measures long ago.

Yurt
02-07-2007, 10:20 PM
People have a right to the law, but any lawyer that takes this case who does not believe as these idiots do is a legal whore.

Seriously, a criminal lawyer defends "after" the fact and is there to ensure constitutional rights are provided. But to argue that one should be able to commit deadly bodily harm BEFORE is ludicrious and has no foundation in law.

Muslims....

jillian
02-07-2007, 10:23 PM
People have a right to the law, but any lawyer that takes this case who does not believe as these idiots do is a legal whore.

Seriously, a criminal lawyer defends "after" the fact and is there to ensure constitutional rights are provided. But to argue that one should be able to commit deadly bodily harm BEFORE is ludicrious and has no foundation in law.

Muslims....

Again. Where does it say they intend to sue for the right to stone anyone? That was the garbage put in the law in this little town that's never seen a Muslim. Like I said earlier. If they sue for anything, it's the right to wear headcoverings... assuming they decide to bother.

I love watching the spin....:cheers2:

Yurt
02-07-2007, 11:36 PM
Again. Where does it say they intend to sue for the right to stone anyone? That was the garbage put in the law in this little town that's never seen a Muslim. Like I said earlier. If they sue for anything, it's the right to wear headcoverings... assuming they decide to bother.

I love watching the spin....:cheers2:

You're right, the article in the link did not say they were suing. Don't read every link, thanks for drawing my attention to it.

Whats up with the link and title to this thread?

Abbey Marie
02-07-2007, 11:54 PM
The article said:
"The Muslim Council of Canada and the Muslim Forum of Canada have threatened to lodge a formal complaint with the provincial human rights commission that the Herouxville measures are in violation of the Canadian Charter of Rights."

While the quote does not actually say the words, "They are suing to stone women", I think it is sufficiently vague and could mean a lot of things; possibly up to and including an eventual lawsuit for the right to follow their particular religious customs.

As for the thread title, it surely wouldn't be the first to make a small leap to garner interest. I don't think we want to start parsing titles for accuracy levels, do we?

Hobbit
02-08-2007, 12:17 AM
You're right, the article in the link did not say they were suing. Don't read every link, thanks for drawing my attention to it.

Bah! I messed up. I only carefully read about half the article, and the place I got it from said they were suing. Yay me for just believing something at face value. My bad.

Still, it says something about the state of Canada when a local measure has to be passed to ban stoning women.

But yeah, my bad. Sorry. Where's the damn blushing smilie when I need it?

Yurt
02-08-2007, 12:17 AM
The article said:
"The Muslim Council of Canada and the Muslim Forum of Canada have threatened to lodge a formal complaint with the provincial human rights commission that the Herouxville measures are in violation of the Canadian Charter of Rights."

While the quote does not actually say the words, "They are suing to stone women", I think it is sufficiently vague and could mean a lot of things; possibly up to and including an eventual lawsuit for the right to follow their particular religious customs.

As for the thread title, it surely wouldn't be the first to make a small leap to garner interest. I don't think we want to start parsing titles for accuracy levels, do we?

Damn, read way to much today and missed that. You are right, this may not say "sue" but the this is actually WORSE than suing. They are lodging a complain with the "human rights" commission.

Sheesh, must read more closely.

Shame on the idiot who got lucky with me. He actually thought this was a lesser "complaint" than suing. Unreal.

Yurt
02-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Bah! I messed up. I only carefully read about half the article, and the place I got it from said they were suing. Yay me for just believing something at face value. My bad.

Still, it says something about the state of Canada when a local measure has to be passed to ban stoning women.

But yeah, my bad. Sorry. Where's the damn blushing smilie when I need it?

No worries, Abbey cleared it up and actually made the post MUCH stronger than suing.

jillian
02-08-2007, 04:11 AM

Was intended to sound like they have no justification. It's called spin.

manu1959
02-08-2007, 04:21 AM
if i sue can i shoot the towel heads?

Gaffer
02-08-2007, 08:41 PM
The article said:

Unfortunately your right. The print media loves to bury the real story in a bunch of liberal garbage and usually takes some serious reading to find what they are talking about. especially if its something they don't want out there in the open.

Gaffer
02-08-2007, 08:43 PM
if i sue can i shoot the towel heads?

I'm with you. If they want the right to stone women I want the right to shoot ragheads. Its only fair.