PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Nightmare?

-Cp
10-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Has anyone else watched this show? Gordon Ramsay is THE FREAKIN' MAN. You can catch all the episodes online (free) at:

http://www.fox.com/kitchennightmares/

Mr. P
10-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Has anyone else watched this show? Gordon Ramsey is THE FREAKIN' MAN. You can catch all the episodes online (free) at:

http://www.fox.com/kitchennightmares/

I love it and watch every week! I'm surprised someone hasn't thrown a punch yet.

mrg666
10-23-2007, 11:56 AM
i think he's a little more reserved over there check out hells kitchen (uk)

Abbey Marie
10-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Love the show, but it makes me nervous about the cleanliness of all restaurants now.

Hagbard Celine
10-23-2007, 12:21 PM
B*tchy Brit + Idiots = Reality Show Success. Basic formula.

Mr. P
10-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Love the show, but it makes me nervous about the cleanliness of all restaurants now.

You'd be surprised at HOW many are like that. I've worked in some with shall we say 'questionable' standards...Tis why I hate to eat out.

Hagbard Celine
10-23-2007, 12:25 PM
You'd be surprised at HOW many are like that. I've worked in some with shall we say 'questionable' standards...Tis why I hate to eat out.

You've gotta check out their health score. They're required by law to post it in a visible area near the entrance in GA. I don't know about the rest of the country.

Mr. P
10-23-2007, 12:29 PM
You've gotta check out their health score. They're required by law to post it in a visible area near the entrance in GA. I don't know about the rest of the country.

Health score means little on a daily basis. Really, it's an exam score they get to prepare for...the rest of the time you, the public, have no idea what goes on in that kitchen. Believe me.

Hagbard Celine
10-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Health score means little on a daily basis. Really, it's an exam score they get to prepare for...the rest of the time you, the public, have no idea what goes on in that kitchen. Believe me.

That's why I'm always sure to tip 20 percent and not present any problems to my server. I try to avoid the loogie burgers.

Mr. P
10-23-2007, 12:35 PM
That's why I'm always sure to tip 20 percent and not present any problems to my server. I try to avoid the loogie burgers.

:laugh2: Your 20% tip doesn't keep the owner from recycling food. Seen it happen.

Abbey Marie
10-23-2007, 12:37 PM
We were eating at a *clean-looking* Chinese restaurant last summer, and about 1/2 way through the meal, we actually saw a roach crawling on my daughter's plate! All I could think of as we ran out of there, was how bad the kitchen must be, if the roaches are on the table, in the light, with people around. I haven't been able to eat Chinese food since.

-Cp
10-23-2007, 12:39 PM
I would give most anything for the chance to learn from Chef Ramsay....

Hagbard Celine
10-23-2007, 12:41 PM
:laugh2: Your 20% tip doesn't keep the owner from recycling food. Seen it happen.

All I can do is spread the chi around and hope that good karma will continue to stay with me.

Mr. P
10-23-2007, 12:43 PM
I would give most anything for the chance to learn from Chef Ramsey....

Same here!

Hagbard Celine
10-23-2007, 12:48 PM
I would give most anything for the chance to learn from Chef Ramsay....

I'd rather him just make me something good chop-chop.

Abbey Marie
10-23-2007, 04:28 PM
I'l hold out for the Dinner Impossible guy!

-Cp
10-23-2007, 04:56 PM
I'l hold out for the Dinner Impossible guy!

Yup.. that is Chef Robert Irvine - he's really good too! I'd love to see either him or Ramsay as a challenger someday on Iron Chef America....

Abbey Marie
10-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Yup.. that is Chef Robert Irvine - he's really good too! I'd love to see either him or Ramsay as a challenger someday on Iron Chef America....

That would be so much fun to watch. Though lots of bleeping would be needed, lol.

dan
10-23-2007, 05:22 PM

Now HERE'S a show I can talk about! I love this show, Alton Brown is the perfect host for that sort of thing, he's always been more interesting when he's talking about food than when he's actually cooking it, I think. His Feasting on Asphalt was the best thing Food Network ever produced, IMO.

And, also, it's official, Bobby Flay is a d-bag. Just something about him rubs me the wrong way.

shattered
10-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Haven't seen that, but used to watch Hell's Kitchen.. Dude IS the man. :cheers2:

shattered
10-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Now HERE'S a show I can talk about! I love this show, Alton Brown is the perfect host for that sort of thing, he's always been more interesting when he's talking about food than when he's actually cooking it, I think. His Feasting on Asphalt was the best thing Food Network ever produced, IMO.

And, also, it's official, Bobby Flay is a d-bag. Just something about him rubs me the wrong way.

Alton Brown is a riot.. Who'd have thought of using an old turntable to frost a cake, or an old drill as a pepper grinder. :D Good Eats is better than Feasting oon Asphalt..You actually *learn* things from him..

*doesn't think Flay is a d-bag, either* :)