PDA

View Full Version : Black Bean Ravioli

MtnBiker
02-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Last night for dinner I had a black bean ravioli with chipotle-raspberry grilled chicken, pepperjack cheese and avocado. Wow! it was fantastic!

Hagbard Celine
02-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Last night for dinner I had a black bean ravioli with chipotle-raspberry grilled chicken, pepperjack cheese and avocado. Wow! it was fantastic!

Today for lunch I had sausage balls, pasta salad, blue and pink cake, blue and pink punch and a roast beef sandwich with chips! We had a baby shower here at the office.

5stringJeff
02-07-2007, 03:40 PM
I had a beef brisket that my wife cooked. It was good. My only complaint was that she used ketchup for a sauce to go with it instead of BBQ sauce. However, in her defense, she was just following my aunt's recipe.

MtnBiker
02-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Oh I love brisket.

jillian
02-09-2007, 11:27 PM
J's Brisket

2 medium vidalia onions (diced)
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
3 bay leaves
1 can beef broth
1 can of chicken broth
1 5-lb brisket
peanut oil
vegetable oil

saute onions in vegetable oil in a large pasta pot. When they become translucent, toss in garlic. Saute until onions start to brown but aren't carmelized. Add both cans of broth. Toss in the bay leaves.

While the onions are cooking, pan sear the brisket in a fry pan in the peanut oil. After it's pan seared, place, fat side up, in a disposable roasting pan (make sure it has a slight edge around the pan).

When onion/broth mixture comes to a boil, pour over the brisket. Seal the roasting pan with aluminum foil. Make sure it's sealed tight so no moisture escapes.

Cook at 400 degrees for about 4 to 4 1/2 hours.

MtnBiker
02-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Nice recipe Jillian. Do you season the brisket before pan searing?

Joan
02-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Jillian --
That sounds like a great recipe!! Will try it this week! Thanks

jillian
02-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Jillian --
That sounds like a great recipe!! Will try it this week! Thanks

Hi, Joan!

All I know is when I make it, there aren't any leftovers. ;)

I had it at the house of a friend of mine and thought it was the best I've ever had. I really should give HER credit for it... but I figured no one here would know who Susan is. ;)

Nienna
02-10-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm gonna try this one too, Jillian. Sounds great! :)

jillian
02-10-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm gonna try this one too, Jillian. Sounds great! :)

Let me know how it goes! The most important thing is having a really good seal between the roasting tray and the tinfoil. If it's not sealed, it gets dried out.

Also, I find BJ's has the best brisket. Cooks up softest. Meat falls apart with a fork when it's done properly.

jillian
02-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Nice recipe Jillian. Do you season the brisket before pan searing?

Nope...nada. The peanut oil has all the flavor you need, especially when you're going to cook it in all the seasoning from the liquid mixture.

Nienna
02-11-2007, 06:58 PM
What do you serve with your brisket?

jillian
02-14-2007, 06:41 PM

You can do all kinds of stuff. Mashed potatoes is good. So is orzo with carmelized onions or rice and peas.

Depends on what rocks you.

5stringJeff
02-14-2007, 07:24 PM

Texas Toast.

Baked beans.

Fried apples with glaze.

Mashed potatoes.

Nienna
02-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Texas Toast.

Baked beans.

Fried apples with glaze.

Mashed potatoes.

You got a lotta carbs, there, Cowboy. Country cooking. MMMhmmm. :D

Jeff, you ever eat fried apples & onions?

5stringJeff
02-14-2007, 07:25 PM
You got a lotta carbs, there, Cowboy. Country cooking. MMMhmmm. :D

You balance all those carbs by eating lots of meat. That's where the brisket comes in. :D

Nienna
02-14-2007, 07:27 PM
You balance all those carbs by eating lots of meat. That's where the brisket comes in. :D

Or baling hay & settin' tobacco. :)

I added another question, maybe you didn't see it? You ever eat fried apples & onions?

darin
02-15-2007, 10:21 AM
you guys eat weird food...wow.

5stringJeff
02-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Or baling hay & settin' tobacco. :)

I added another question, maybe you didn't see it? You ever eat fried apples & onions?

Fried apples, yes.

Fried onions - or any type of onions - no.

Nienna
02-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Fried apples, yes.

Fried onions - or any type of onions - no.

No ONIONS? *GASP*
well, everyone has different taste I guess. :)

Nienna
02-21-2007, 08:01 PM
J's Brisket

2 medium vidalia onions (diced)
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
3 bay leaves
1 can beef broth
1 can of chicken broth
1 5-lb brisket
peanut oil
vegetable oil

saute onions in vegetable oil in a large pasta pot. When they become translucent, toss in garlic. Saute until onions start to brown but aren't carmelized. Add both cans of broth. Toss in the bay leaves.

While the onions are cooking, pan sear the brisket in a fry pan in the peanut oil. After it's pan seared, place, fat side up, in a disposable roasting pan (make sure it has a slight edge around the pan).

When onion/broth mixture comes to a boil, pour over the brisket. Seal the roasting pan with aluminum foil. Make sure it's sealed tight so no moisture escapes.

Cook at 400 degrees for about 4 to 4 1/2 hours.

Had this for dinner tonight, Jillian. Very good. Served it with newpotatoes & glazed baby carrots. Thanks for the recipe. :)

jillian
02-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Had this for dinner tonight, Jillian. Very good. Served it with newpotatoes & glazed baby carrots. Thanks for the recipe. :)

So glad it worked out for you!! I love hearing that!