PDA

View Full Version : Too many kids?

darin
10-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Mary has been 'nesting' lately. She wants another bay-bee. I sorta like the two we have. I'd have to sell my car for a (gulp) sedan (thinking CTS-V (http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/1087/thumbs/cts_v.jpg)). But...I'd love the chance to be somebody else's daddy. :)

I already have to be the father-figure to a few of you nutball libs; I think I could handle another. :)

:D

I'll keep ya posted.

mrg666
10-24-2007, 01:21 PM
you aint my real daddy :D

darin
10-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Only if you were to debate me. :)

:poke:

:beer:

mrg666
10-24-2007, 01:28 PM
oooooh
ive heard you are good at mass debating:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
10-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Mary has been 'nesting' lately. She wants another bay-bee. I sorta like the two we have. I'd have to sell my car for a (gulp) sedan (thinking CTS-V (http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/1087/thumbs/cts_v.jpg)). But...I'd love the chance to be somebody else's daddy. :)

I already have to be the father-figure to a few of you nutball libs; I think I could handle another. :)

I'll keep ya posted.

Either way, it's fun trying. :coffee:

darin
10-24-2007, 01:31 PM
oooooh
ive heard you are good at mass debating:laugh2:

HA! that aint a sin! :)

Either way, it's fun trying. :coffee:

ha! :) I suppose so!

Trigg
10-24-2007, 01:44 PM

I'll keep ya posted.

Well if she's already nesting it might be to late to change her mind.

The more kids the more interresting life becomes.

Enjoy the "trying" !!!

Joan
10-24-2007, 01:46 PM
When I first got married, I couldn't wait to get pregnant. Had a horrible pregnancy and decided that was IT! The along came Janeen, then John, and finally Jim. There were times I wanted to kill them all (especially the last two), but all in all, they brought me more joy than grief! Now that I am a whole lot older (and not in the best of health), I thank God every day for the wonderful children He has given to me!

darin
10-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Interesting? that's a word for it. :)

I think -Cp was the guy who said he's NEVER known ANYONE to say, 20 years later, "boy, I sure regret having (x-many) kids.."

I'm just Glad my wife's parents didn't stop after FIVE kids. :D

Trigg
10-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Interesting? that's a word for it. :)

I think -Cp was the guy who said he's NEVER known ANYONE to say, 20 years later, "boy, I sure regret having (x-many) kids.."

I'm just Glad my wife's parents didn't stop after FIVE kids. :D

I guess I could have used another word but it really does get interesting with more kids. It also get louder and busier :laugh2:

It's fun to watch my older two interract with the younger ones. Trying to talk me out of putting them in time out, giving them hugs behind my back.

It's amazing and exhausting all at the same time.

darin
10-24-2007, 01:57 PM

My eldest and youngest would be about 9 years apart - same as me and my oldest brother.

:)

Trigg
10-24-2007, 02:03 PM

My eldest and youngest would be about 9 years apart - same as me and my oldest brother.

My oldest and youngest are 9 1/2 yrs apart and I thought at the time that was a huge difference.

Now, for better or worse, my 14yr old is the 5yr olds hero.

actsnoblemartin
10-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Tell her to get a puppy :laugh2:

but seriously, two is enough.

Dont have more, you dont need anymore

I'll keep ya posted.

darin
10-24-2007, 02:22 PM

It's not about us 'needing' more kids, I suppose - it's about us 'desiring' more kids. :)

actsnoblemartin
10-24-2007, 02:28 PM
with all due respect, I worry she is one desiring more, and pressuring you to have more.

It's not about us 'needing' more kids, I suppose - it's about us 'desiring' more kids. :)

Abbey Marie
10-24-2007, 02:35 PM
with all due respect, I worry she is one desiring more, and pressuring you to have more.

Don't worry, Martin. When a strong, solid family like this has more kids, it's a good thing. It helps to balance out all the poor messed-up kids from wacko families out there.

actsnoblemartin
10-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Thanks for understanding where im coming from :)

Your a class act :dance:

:clap:

Don't worry, Martin. When a strong, solid family like this has more kids, it's a good thing. It helps to balance out all the poor messed-up kids from wacko families out there.

darin
10-24-2007, 02:53 PM
We love eachother. We'd never do something like that, Martin

actsnoblemartin
10-24-2007, 03:21 PM
ok, well thank you also, for not taking what i said the wrong way, or in an offensive mannor.

This may just be a message board, but i care about you, and the other members of this board.

We love eachother. We'd never do something like that, Martin

darin
10-24-2007, 03:23 PM
You can't have my bud light.

actsnoblemartin
10-24-2007, 03:26 PM
johnny :lol:

You can't have my bud light.

manu1959
10-24-2007, 04:06 PM

no offense.....you may have opinions.....but until you have children there is no way you can possibly understand this issue.....

glockmail
10-24-2007, 04:27 PM

I'll keep ya posted.
A happy wife is a happy life, Dad.

10-24-2007, 04:38 PM
no such thing as too many kids. the more you have the less you have to mow the lawn.

actsnoblemartin
10-24-2007, 04:42 PM
fair enough, but does having a niece count :laugh2:

no offense.....you may have opinions.....but until you have children there is no way you can possibly understand this issue.....

-Cp
10-24-2007, 04:58 PM

Who the hell are you dude to tell someone whether or not they need more kids? What or who put you in that position of child-bearing dictator? lol...

Two is "enough" for whom? By who's standards?

darin
10-24-2007, 05:04 PM
no such thing as too many kids. the more you have the less you have to mow the lawn.

Uh...Why would kids do that? That's the wife's job.

:p

Anybody show her this thread and you'll get banned!

:-p

darin
10-24-2007, 05:06 PM
fair enough, but does having a niece count :laugh2:

I know you are being silly - but the honest answer is 'no'. Same to those who claim their pets are their 'kids'. It's never the same. :D

And I LOVE my cats. But they are cats.

Just cats. With personalities, sorta...but cats nonetheless.

typomaniac
10-24-2007, 05:07 PM

I'll keep ya posted.

Adopt me! I don't need diapers, you don't have to burp me, and (since I've been done with school for a while) I can just play video games all day! :laugh2:

darin
10-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Might be a way, Typo, to beat some sense into ya! :D

actsnoblemartin
10-24-2007, 05:11 PM
dictator, are you serious. What power do i have over them?

you need to read what i actually said.

If dmp, understood what i said, and isnt offended, why you having a cow :laugh2:

Who the hell are you dude to tell someone whether or not they need more kids? What or who put you in that position of child-bearing dictator? lol...

Two is "enough" for whom? By who's standards?

typomaniac
10-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Might be a way, Typo, to beat some sense into ya! :D

:lol: If you think that's worth paying all my expenses for, then go for it!

Yurt
10-24-2007, 07:38 PM

Very true. Right now I think, wow, D is thinking of having more, I can't even think of having one. Man I come home on friday and think, yeah, the whole weekend to me and the mrs, stay up late friday, sleep in sat, then go hiking, kayaking, road trip, whatever...kids will end all that.

I don't know.

darin
10-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Very true. Right now I think, wow, D is thinking of having more, I can't even think of having one. Man I come home on friday and think, yeah, the whole weekend to me and the mrs, stay up late friday, sleep in sat, then go hiking, kayaking, road trip, whatever...kids will end all that.

I don't know.

When you have kids you'll frequently stay up late at night, sleep during the day (when they sleep), take them hiking, kayaking and on road-trips. :)

Yurt - when you look down at a tiny face and see your own eyes looking back at you...not much matters after that.

shattered
10-25-2007, 08:43 AM
I know you are being silly - but the honest answer is 'no'. Same to those who claim their pets are their 'kids'. It's never the same. :D

And I LOVE my cats. But they are cats.

Just cats. With personalities, sorta...but cats nonetheless.

Sigh.

Cows, Darin. COWS.

*I* have "cats".

remie
10-25-2007, 08:48 AM

Not to worry, my oldest is 28 and my youngest 6. My two young sons absolutely adore my two grown daughters. I obviously love kids and am really happy I didnt stop at two.

darin
10-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Sigh.

Cows, Darin. COWS.

*I* have "cats".

moooeow?? :)

Trigg
10-25-2007, 04:45 PM
When you have kids you'll frequently stay up late at night, sleep during the day (when they sleep), take them hiking, kayaking and on road-trips. :)

Yurt - when you look down at a tiny face and see your own eyes looking back at you...not much matters after that.

I was about to write the same thing.

Yurt: They grow up ya know, and then you can take them with you.

I need to post pics of our camping trips they were a blast this summer. In fact we're planning a trip to Kentucky next summer with the in-laws can't wait.

gabosaurus
10-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Never been a problem in my family. The limit has always been two. Because it is too difficult to provide and care for larger families.
Just talking about my family, by the way, not anyone else's.

5stringJeff
10-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Dude, three kids is a lot of work... but it's a lot of fun! :D go for it!