PDA

View Full Version : RSR Update

actsnoblemartin
10-24-2007, 02:52 PM
They removed the tumor but the cancer spread, so he will need chemo

It made me cry to hear that to be honest, and i dont cry that much.

Please pray for him, and if your athiest, please keep in your heart.

mrg666
10-24-2007, 02:58 PM
my thoughts are with him martin
the older you get you are confronted with this more and more its not nice seeing friends and family suffer or for that matter doing the suffering .

glockmail
10-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Chemo works, man. They've really perfected the science in the last decade or so so keep your chin up and God Bless!

manu1959
10-24-2007, 03:24 PM
give that tough old bastard my best......

jimnyc
10-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Damn, I was hoping he would pop back in here any day now and be his usual self. Glock is right though, chemo is more and more effective than ever before now. It sucks while going through it but it's saving more and more lives. Let him know the board is thinking of him and we all send him our best.

Abbey Marie
10-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Please tell RSR we care about him.

Immanuel
10-24-2007, 03:52 PM
God speed your recovery RSR.

Get well soon.

Immie

typomaniac
10-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Damn, I was hoping he would pop back in here any day now and be his usual self. Glock is right though, chemo is more and more effective than ever before now. It sucks while going through it but it's saving more and more lives. Let him know the board is thinking of him and we all send him our best.

Damn, I was hoping he would pop back in here any day now and (feeling so much better) start saying intelligent and progressive things!

What can I say? I'm a hopeless dreamer. :dunno:

Jim's right, though: we are all sending him our best. I hope a little of mine will rub off on the guy. :)

stephanie
10-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Keep up the good fight, RsR..
Looking for you to come back soon..:cheers2:

Yurt
10-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Hang tough.

And yes, chemo is better. My aunt has the most serious kind of cancer, damn, forgot the name, but they even had to do bone marrow transplants. Had it for 3 years now, first year VERY hard, second still hard and now she is doing better. Chemo treatments are down, but they seem to be working, the cancer is in slight remission. She has gone to HI twice, really loves life and is in to everyone and what life is all about. I spent a year in the marshall islands and when I came back she was like, oh, how nice. Last christmas I rented the family a surf video or two (step into liquid and riding giants) and she was so into it and even asked me about the islands all over again.

Sometimes a bad thing can have some good. RSR man, focus on life and living it, see it anew and be as strong as you can.

CockySOB
10-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Hang in there RSR, and keep the faith. You never walk alone.

KarlMarx
10-25-2007, 06:26 AM
A Catholic Prayer for Times of Sickness

O Jesus, You suffered and died for us;
You understand suffering;
Teach Red States Rule to understand his suffering as You do;
To bear it in union with You; To offer it with You to atone for his sins
And to bring Your grace to souls in need.
Calm his fears; increase his trust.
May he gladly accept Your holy will and become more like You in trial.
If it be Your will, restore him to health so that he may work for Your honor and glory and the salvation of all men.
Amen.

diuretic
10-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Yes, the modern therapy is extremely effective - thanks for the update Martin, best to RSR of course.

red states rule
10-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Hey guys, thnks for all the get well wishes and kind words. I am curretly staying at my girlfrieds place and she is taking good care of me.

Right now, the 25 or so staples I have in my gut are starting to pull, and that is causing me muvch pain

I will have them taken out on Monday, and I will then go home and try to get by on my own

I am a lucky man to have good family and friends (like you on this board) cheering me on

I will beat the cancer, and I will show it who is the boss. I assume I will find out when to start the kemo treatments once I am healed as far as the surgery

Again, thanks to all of you for your support

Kathianne
10-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Hey guys, thnks for all the get well wishes and kind words. I am curretly staying at my girlfrieds place and she is taking good care of me.

Right now, the 25 or so staples I have in my gut are starting to pull, and that is causing me muvch pain

I will have them taken out on Monday, and I will then go home and try to get by on my own

I am a lucky man to have good family and friends (like you on this board) cheering me on

I will beat the cancer, and I will show it who is the boss. I assume I will find out when to start the kemo treatments once I am healed as far as the surgery

:clap::clap::clap:

Prayers for your recovery and positive attitude are plentiful! God Bless You and may you keep getting stronger.

red states rule
10-25-2007, 06:52 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

Prayers for your recovery and positive attitude are plentiful! God Bless You and may you keep getting stronger.

Thanks Kathy.

I have all that so much more coming from so many different people.

I am a very lucky man to have so much support from so many people.

glockmail
10-25-2007, 07:03 PM
....I am curretly staying at my girlfrieds place and she is taking good care of me.

Pics!! French maid outfit? :coffee:

CockySOB
10-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Good to hear from ya again, RSR. Staples are a bitch as I recall - had my gut stapled together back in the day after an abdominal surgery. Hopefully they've improved that technology as well.

Godspeed, brother.

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2007, 10:31 PM
You rule!

:salute:

diuretic
10-26-2007, 02:47 AM
Good onya RSR - and good to hear from you :)

red states rule
10-26-2007, 07:16 AM
Good to hear from ya again, RSR. Staples are a bitch as I recall - had my gut stapled together back in the day after an abdominal surgery. Hopefully they've improved that technology as well.

Godspeed, brother.

Everytime I move the pain level increases. They will be out Monday afternoon however

There are at leat 2 postivie things to come from this. I have lost about 35 pounds and I have had only 5 cigarttes since I was let out of the hospital on Tues

I will keep the weight off, and I am continuing to try not to smoke

Trinity
10-26-2007, 07:26 AM
Prayers for you.....

Here is a link to a site my mom sent to me to read about natural cures for cancer, it looked pretty informative although I have not had the chance to read it through yet.

http://cancerfightingstrategies.com/

glockmail
10-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Everytime I move the pain level increases. They will be out Monday afternoon however

There are at leat 2 postivie things to come from this. I have lost about 35 pounds and I have had only 5 cigarttes since I was let out of the hospital on Tues

I will keep the weight off, and I am continuing to try not to smoke Cigarettes are poison man. Get off that stupid habit right now and don't look back. I quit in college when this girl I really liked would not go out with me unless I did. 25 years later I still have the girl and don't miss the cigs one iota.:salute:

chesswarsnow
10-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Hang in there old buddy, I am pulling for you.
2. Stopping smoking would help you a whole lot.
3. Glad you are on the road to recovery, we are in this thing together buddy.
4. God Bless You Old Buddy.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Guernicaa
10-27-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm happy to hear that you're doing better RSR!!

Like everyone else said, current chemo treatments are very good at getting rid of the cancer. Chances for survival are higher than ever these days. The key to chemo is making sure you keep up a good diet. Never stop eating and drinking. Ask for synthetic THC if you have to. Not eating and drinking because of the side effects chemo has is what makes people weaker.
But your a strong person so I'm sure with good spirit you'll get through this tremendously well.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers! Keep us updated.

actsnoblemartin
10-27-2007, 09:58 PM
:clap:

Cigarettes are poison man. Get off that stupid habit right now and don't look back. I quit in college when this girl I really liked would not go out with me unless I did. 25 years later I still have the girl and don't miss the cigs one iota.:salute: