View Full Version : "...and YOU are a great American" - moved

retiredman
10-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Overheard on the Sean Hannity Show this afternoon on the drive home from work:

Sean: “Let’s go to Fred from Chicago. Fred, you’re on the Sean Hannity Show”

Fred: “Sean, thanks for taking my call. You are a great American”

Sean: "Fred, YOU are a great American...”

STOP RIGHT THERE!

How in the world can Sean Hannity possibly know that this disembodied voice claiming to be Fred from Chicago belongs to a man who is, in fact, a “GREAT AMERICAN”???? The ONLY thing that Sean Hannity knows about Fred is that Fred thinks that SEAN is a great American. Is Sean Hannity so egocentric and vain that he believes the someone’s expression of HIS “great American“-ness is all it takes to make that someone a “great American” as well?

I immediately flashed to Star Trek episodes where Vulcans greeted one another with “Live Long and Prosper”.

“You are a Great American” “You are a Great American” “You are a Great American” “You are a Great American" “You are a Great American” “You are a Great American"... it has become a mindless greeting for people who apparently don’t really know what it means.

If Jeffrey Dahmer were alive today and called Sean Hannity and Sean had said, Let’s go to Jeffrey from Milwaukee. Jeffrey, you’re on the Sean Hannity Show and Jeffrey had said, Sean you are a great American, you KNOW that Hannity would have replied, And YOU are a “great American“, Jeffrey... or... YOU are a “great American“, Tim McVeigh... or... YOU are a “great American“, Benedict Arnold.

It is clear to me that Sean Hannity does not have a fucking CLUE what being a “great American” entails. It CERTAINLY entails MORE than being an adoring fan of Sean Hannity, that is for DAMNED sure.

stephanie
10-24-2007, 07:54 PM
:eek:

10-24-2007, 08:47 PM
well what was the rest of the conversation about?

glockmail
10-24-2007, 08:51 PM
HFM, "you are a lousy American". :pee:

retiredman
10-24-2007, 09:18 PM
well what was the rest of the conversation about?

I was laughing so hard, I really have no idea..... but Fred from Chicago....now HE is one great motherfucking American..that is for sure! :laugh2:

retiredman
10-24-2007, 09:20 PM
HFM, "you are a lousy American". :pee:

from my perspective, a comment like that from glock is a badge of honor.

manu1959
10-24-2007, 09:33 PM
you claim to be a great american.........................:finger3::dance:

STOP RIGHT THERE!

How in the world can Sean Hannity possibly know that this disembodied voice claiming to be Fred from Chicago belongs to a man who is, in fact, a “GREAT AMERICAN”???? The ONLY thing that Sean Hannity knows about Fred is that Fred thinks that SEAN is a great American. Is Sean Hannity so egocentric and vain that he believes the someone’s expression of HIS “great American“-ness is all it takes to make that someone a “great American” as well?

I immediately flashed to Star Trek episodes where Vulcans greeted one another with “Live Long and Prosper”.

“You are a Great American” “You are a Great American” “You are a Great American” “You are a Great American" “You are a Great American” “You are a Great American"... it has become a mindless greeting for people who apparently don’t really know what it means.

If Jeffrey Dahmer were alive today and called Sean Hannity and Sean had said, Let’s go to Jeffrey from Milwaukee. Jeffrey, you’re on the Sean Hannity Show and Jeffrey had said, Sean you are a great American, you KNOW that Hannity would have replied, And YOU are a “great American“, Jeffrey... or... YOU are a “great American“, Tim McVeigh... or... YOU are a “great American“, Benedict Arnold.

It is clear to me that Sean Hannity does not have a fucking CLUE what being a “great American” entails. It CERTAINLY entails MORE than being an adoring fan of Sean Hannity, that is for DAMNED sure.

retiredman
10-24-2007, 09:35 PM
you claim to be a great american.........................:finger3::dance:

"great" is a tough call. honest? patriotic? certainly.

how about you?

manu1959
10-24-2007, 09:39 PM

how about you?

i am a wise ass californian......

retiredman
10-24-2007, 09:43 PM
i am a wise ass californian......

no argument from me on that one

Yurt
10-24-2007, 09:52 PM

STOP RIGHT THERE!

:lol:

Good lord senior, don't lose another marble over radio show hosts.

Another thing, maybe Sean greets most/all people who call into his show with that greeting until they do something un-american. Who the boondoggle poodle are you to say who can and cannot say who is a great american?

You're a nimrod. Think about it. By your very thread, you have anointed yourself as the ONE who anoints who is and is not a great american. No? Yes you are, for are saying Sean is wrong and you are therefore, must be right. You further your ignorance by saying Sean doesn't have a fuckin clue, LOOOOOOL. And you do?

You do realize that you then put yourself in the same situation that Sean has, that you both "think" you know what an American is.

Personally, Sean admits when he is wrong. YOU, however do not. YOU sit on your lovely chair and pontificate your simplemindedness.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/wpr0127l.jpg

Yurt
10-24-2007, 09:54 PM
no argument from me on that one

go back to your chair....

retiredman
10-24-2007, 09:58 PM

Good lord senior, don't lose another marble over radio show hosts.

Another thing, maybe Sean greets most/all people who call into his show with that greeting until they do something un-american. Who the boondoggle poodle are you to say who can and cannot say who is a great american?

You're a nimrod. Think about it. By your very thread, you have anointed yourself as the ONE who anoints who is and is not a great american. No? Yes you are, for are saying Sean is wrong and you are therefore, must be right. You further your ignorance by saying Sean doesn't have a fuckin clue, LOOOOOOL. And you do?

You do realize that you then put yourself in the same situation that Sean has, that you both "think" you know what an American is.

Personally, Sean admits when he is wrong. YOU, however do not. YOU sit on your lovely chair and pontificate your simplemindedness.

no. I merely point out that Sean cannot know who or who is not a great american simply by ascertaining that the individual thinks that he, Sean Hannity, is a great american. I merely point out that thinking that Sean Hannity is a great American is not the definition of what makes a great American. Do you really disagree with that premise?????

manu1959
10-24-2007, 10:03 PM
no. I merely point out that Sean cannot know who or who is not a great american simply by ascertaining that the individual thinks that he, Sean Hannity, is a great american. I merely point out that thinking that Sean Hannity is a great American is not the definition of what makes a great American. Do you really disagree with that premise?????

it is simply a greeting.......give the rehtoric a rest dude.....

Yurt
10-24-2007, 10:20 PM

I will echo what Manu said, it is a greeting.

My point still stands. YOU point out. YOU say. YOU merely point. You conclude that Sean cannot IN HIS opinion ascertain who is or is not a great american. This is a conclusion.

By you saying Sean is not the definition, you are logically concluding that you must then have the definition. If not, what then is your authority that Sean is wrong?

manu1959
10-24-2007, 10:25 PM

he stands on his head in that thing......

Yurt
10-24-2007, 10:31 PM
he stands on his head in that thing......

:lmao:

glockmail
10-25-2007, 05:19 AM
from my perspective, a comment like that from glock is a badge of honor.You are the one who expressed desire to get into a young boys pants, not me. I call that being a lousy American.

retiredman
10-25-2007, 06:35 AM
it is simply a greeting.......give the rehtoric a rest dude.....

that was my POINT..... dude.

Live long and prosper

nanu nanu

retiredman
10-25-2007, 06:41 AM
I will echo what Manu said, it is a greeting.

My point still stands. YOU point out. YOU say. YOU merely point. You conclude that Sean cannot IN HIS opinion ascertain who is or is not a great american. This is a conclusion.

By you saying Sean is not the definition, you are logically concluding that you must then have the definition. If not, what then is your authority that Sean is wrong?

I am saying that it is literally impossible for ANYONE to ascertain the citizenship or the greatness of anyone else from listening to them say one sentence over the phone. Are you suggesting that is an incorrect conclusion?

And I am certainly not saying that Sean is not the definition.... Sean Hannity may or may not be one of the greatest Americans in the universe... or at least in this solar system - that is not the issue here... I only point out that his reply that Fred from Chicago is a great American is a meaningless platitude as it is impossible for Sean to know that about Fred from the one sentence Fred spoke.

Hagbard Celine
10-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Sean Hannity IS a great American. And maybe the most important voice in "journalism." If not for Sean, the American public would never know about important "issues" like Obama's lapel pin or Hillary's cleavage or John Edward's haircut or Dennis Kucinich's dwarfism.

retiredman
10-25-2007, 08:50 AM
Sean Hannity IS a great American. And maybe the most important voice in "journalism." If not for Sean, the American public would never know about important "issues" like Obama's lapel pin or Hillary's cleavage or John Edward's haircut or Dennis Kucinich's dwarfism.

Hagbard...obviously, YOU are a great American!

Hagbard Celine
10-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Hagbard...obviously, YOU are a great American!

Donker shane buddy. I do what I can for the glory of this land but I am only one man:cheers2:

darin
10-25-2007, 09:21 AM
MFM: "(Insert whining about something which is nothing)"
manu1959: "Dude - it's nothing. Get over it."
MFM: "I KNOW! That's my point! It's NOTHING! That's why I'm making something out of it!! See? You're proving my point that the NOTHING is, in fact, SOMETHING now that I've made a stink! that's what I'm trying to say!"

me: :wtf:

??

retiredman
10-25-2007, 09:35 AM
I am not whining about anything dmp...I am laughing at Hannity and the rest of the conehead conservatives who greet one another with that ridiculous platitude. It is like the secret codeword/handshake on that show. Every moron who calls him tells Sean that he is a great American and Hannity replies by telling the callers that they are all great Americans. It is funny. Get it?:lol:

darin
10-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Sure. I Get it. I suppose I'll have to move this thread to the "Who gives a shit" forum though.

:D

:lol: :D

retiredman
10-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Sure. I Get it. I suppose I'll have to move this thread to the "Who gives a shit" forum though.

:lol: :D

hey .... you are the power crazed omnipotent admin/moderator. move it wherever the hell YOU want to.:laugh2:

and, no doubt, you are a great American in the most Hannity-esque meaning of the word!

Gaffer
10-25-2007, 09:54 AM
sean hannity is a talking head for gulliani. Most of the things he points out on his shows have already been pointed out by other not so well known radio hosts and bloggers. His great American signature is much like Limbaugh's mega dittos that callers use on his show.

The more accurate thing to say about hannity is he's a true political hack. There's any number of other hosts I would rather listen too than him.

retiredman
10-25-2007, 09:59 AM
sean hannity is a talking head for gulliani. Most of the things he points out on his shows have already been pointed out by other not so well known radio hosts and bloggers. His great American signature is much like Limbaugh's mega dittos that callers use on his show.

The more accurate thing to say about hannity is he's a true political hack. There's any number of other hosts I would rather listen too than him.

I agree!
live long and prosper!

darin
10-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Moved to the lounge. Wasnt really "Political" - more of an Op/Ed of a TalkingHead.

Hagbard Celine
10-25-2007, 10:04 AM
MFM: "(Insert whining about something which is nothing)"
manu1959: "Dude - it's nothing. Get over it."
MFM: "I KNOW! That's my point! It's NOTHING! That's why I'm making something out of it!! See? You're proving my point that the NOTHING is, in fact, SOMETHING now that I've made a stink! that's what I'm trying to say!"

me: :wtf:

??

Whatever happened to the :wtf: emoticon? It was one of my favorites and now I never get to use it anymore. Me want! ME WANT!
Back to the topic, doesn't Stephen Colbert already make fun of this nonsense on his show? Everybody's already aware of how ridiculous pundits are.

10-25-2007, 10:24 AM
I was laughing so hard, I really have no idea..... but Fred from Chicago....now HE is one great motherfucking American..that is for sure! :laugh2:

well dude, the conversation is everything. Sean knows what the guy is going to talk about because of what he told the call screener and he could easily determine that he was a great american with that information. Fred could be a frequent caller that Sean knows well.

You still havent figured out that context matters have you?

retiredman
10-25-2007, 10:46 AM
well dude, the conversation is everything. Sean knows what the guy is going to talk about because of what he told the call screener and he could easily determine that he was a great american with that information. Fred could be a frequent caller that Sean knows well.

You still havent figured out that context matters have you?

like I said....dude... EVERY caller on the Hannity Show tells him that he is a great American and he pays back the compliment to every one of them. In that case, context does not matter.

He would tell Jeffrey Dahmer he was a great American if Jeff from Milwaukee told the screener he wanted to complain about Hillary ...AND, if Jeff from Milwaukee started the exchange by calling Sean a great American first.:laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
10-25-2007, 10:47 AM
like I said....dude... EVERY caller on the Hannity Show tells him that he is a great American and he pays back the compliment to every one of them. In that case, context does not matter.

He would tell Jeffrey Dahmer he was a great American if Jeff from Milwaukee told the screener he wanted to complain about Hillary ...AND, if Jeff from Milwaukee started the exchange by calling Sean a great American first.:laugh2:

Why do you listen to that tripe in the first place?

retiredman
10-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Why do you listen to that tripe in the first place?

I want my blood pressure medication to have to work on something!

Since I am on the treadmill every morning before work, my wife has it every evening and I get to make dinner - which I thoroughly enjoy. Sean gets my blood pumping and that helps my creative juices let me cook with abandon!:laugh2:

-Cp
10-25-2007, 11:25 AM
I suppose that knowing the history of the "Great American" slogan may help provide some context to this matter.

Sean has a talk show host friend named Bill Cunningham in Cincinnati, Ohio who coined the phrase as a way of thanking other good American's who don't hate this country like most libs do.

The slogan stuck and Sean ran with it - so now whenever a caller starts with that greeting to Sean - Sean assumes he/she is a long time listener and knows what the slogan is all about.

While I agree that it sounds awfully foam-fingerish, that's a bit of the history behind it...

retiredman
10-25-2007, 11:34 AM
I suppose that knowing the history of the "Great American" slogan may help provide some context to this matter.

Sean has a talk show host friend named Bill Cunningham in Cincinnati, Ohio who coined the phrase as a way of thanking other good American's who don't hate this country like most libs do.

The slogan stuck and Sean ran with it - so now whenever a caller starts with that greeting to Sean - Sean assumes he/she is a long time listener and knows what the slogan is all about.

While I agree that it sounds awfully foam-fingerish, that's a bit of the history behind it...

you are a great American.

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Um, its just how hanity does his show.

how about you?

Pale Rider
10-25-2007, 03:18 PM

STOP RIGHT THERE!

It's just a greeting. The same as people calling into Rush saying mega dittos. It's code for "I'm a conservative also Sean, and we agree."

Liberals are not great Americans. They're like gab, who would rather shot a man for defending the honor of the American flag on American soil, rather than the illegal aliens disrespecting it. You all are just ass backwards.

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Apparently I did a terrible job of communicating what i was trying to say.

Being a left wing liberal does NOT automatically make you un-patriotic, or anti american.

What i was trying to say was: Some of the actions I have seen, by some people who are left wing liberals, seem unpatriotic. I am specifically talking about people like code pink, or any left wing protestor who uses violence and intimidation to shut someone up they dont like.

I dont believe this slams anyone on the left side of the political spectrum.

I could be wrong. My intent was not to paint all democrats as liberals, or all left wing people, as anti american or unpatriotic.

Just wanted to make that clear.

glockmail
10-25-2007, 03:28 PM
:), Left wing liberals are not patriotic.
No they are not. One more reason why HFM is such a crappy American.

retiredman
10-25-2007, 04:50 PM
:), Left wing liberals are not patriotic.

I beg to differ.

troll.:pee:

glockmail
10-25-2007, 04:59 PM
I beg to differ.

troll.:pee:
You'd be beggin' fo' yo' life in Yadkin County, boy.

Pale Rider
10-25-2007, 05:04 PM

Glock... "you're a great American." :salute: - - - :laugh:

glockmail
10-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Glock... "you're a great American." :salute: - - - :laugh::2up:

retiredman
10-25-2007, 05:14 PM

why in the world would I want to spend a minute of my life in that pigsty?

glockmail
10-25-2007, 05:17 PM
why in the world would I want to spend a minute of my life in that pigsty?

We don't grow pigs here. We have a long history of moonshine and now, wine.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z256/glockmail/map.jpg

Get you ass down here boy. Its only a day's drive!

Said1
10-25-2007, 05:33 PM
I can see my house. :laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2007, 07:49 PM
I agree with you, that saying a slogan to someone hasnt earned it, doesnt render the words meaningless, but were talking about a talk show.

sean has a first amendment right to say it, even if you think he's a dumb fuck

you are a great American.

chesswarsnow
10-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I am *A Great American* not unlike other *Great Americans*, like Sean Hannity, Fred Thompson.
2. Many Americans are *Great Americans*.
3. Not *Neoliberals*.
4. Neoliberals want to destroy this *Great Nation*.:pee:Neoliberals
5. Laughing at *Great Americans* reveals your lack thereof.
6. Its very strange to me what the Democratic Party has become.
7. These troubling times deserve more, *Great Americans*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

82Marine89
10-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I am *A Sorry American* not like other *Great Americans*, like Sean Hannity, Fred Thompson.
2. Many Americans are *Great Americans*, just not me.
3. Not *Neoliberals*.
4. Neoliberals want to destroy this *Great Nation*.:pee:Neoliberals
5. Laughing at *Sorry Americans* reveals your vast wealth of common sense.
6. Its very strange to me what the Democratic Party has become.
7. These troubling times deserve more, *Great Americans*.
8. I wish I could be one.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
10-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Warms me heart. 82~89
2. You have nothing but empty hollow words.
3. So you need to try and twist mine.
4. Your as low as they get.
5. Your dignity is in the dirt.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

OCA
10-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Warms me heart. 82~89

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

And you have nothing but empty rhetoric.

Bring it.

OCA
10-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I am *A Great American*
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Liar.

retiredman
10-25-2007, 09:39 PM
We don't grow pigs here. We have a long history of moonshine and now, wine.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z256/glockmail/map.jpg

Get you ass down here boy. Its only a day's drive!

I'd rather get a fucking root canal than spend a minute in Piggly-Wiggly-ville.

OCA
10-25-2007, 09:45 PM
I'd rather get a fucking root canal than spend a minute in Piggly-Wiggly-ville.

Oh yeah, and its so fucking happening in Maine, Maine is a cultural shithole.

82Marine89
10-25-2007, 09:47 PM
1. Warms me heart. 82~89

You queer?

Empty hollow? Isn't that redundant and repetitive?

I did nothing of the sort.

Thanks.

Huh?

retiredman
10-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Oh yeah, and its so fucking happening in Maine, Maine is a cultural shithole.

so show me where I posted a map from YOUR house and invited YOU to come visit.:lol:

I could give a FUCK if you ever get within two time zones of Maine.

Please realize that, if you did, everyone here would laugh at you.:laugh2:

OCA
10-25-2007, 09:49 PM
You queer?

Empty hollow? Isn't that redundant and repetitive?

I did nothing of the sort.

Thanks.

Huh?

No worries 82, Chessy is just a dirtbag who got shamed off another board, couldn't debate worth a shit was what I was told.

82Marine89
10-25-2007, 09:51 PM
No worries 82, Chessy is just a dirtbag who got shamed off another board, couldn't debate worth a shit was what I was told.

And he couldn't handle a Muslim being a mod, so he ran away.

OCA
10-25-2007, 09:52 PM
so show me where I posted a map from YOUR house and invited YOU to come visit.:lol:

I could give a FUCK if you ever get within two time zones of Maine.

Please realize that, if you did, everyone here would laugh at you.:laugh2:

Wife's family is from a little craphole called Boothbay Harbor, ME. Had to jerkoff 10 times a day just to keep from eating a 9mm bullet because of the boredom. Plus, you guys speak English ever there? There is not a fucking R on the end of every word in the English language.

retiredman
10-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Wife's family is from a little craphole called Boothbay Harbor, ME. Had to jerkoff 10 times a day just to keep from eating a 9mm bullet because of the boredom. Plus, you guys speak English ever there? There is not a fucking R on the end of every word in the English language.

then please...don't feel compelled to return. We get enough flatlander suckers to drop their tourist dollars duing the summer without having to put up with total assholes like you. Really...stay the fuck away.... I never invited you and would love it if you never ever crossed the Piscataqua river bridge.

chesswarsnow
10-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But you two really are not worth my time to post.
:finger3:
2. Another good thread you losers have ruined.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

retiredman
10-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

shouldn't the second "time" in your inane signature be plural like the first, or are you trying to prove a point?

82Marine89
10-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Does that mean you aren't gonna bring your wrath down on us?

Pussy.

82Marine89
10-25-2007, 10:02 PM
shouldn't the second "time" in your inane signature be plural like the first, or are you trying to prove a point?

He's inbred. Let it go.

OCA
10-25-2007, 10:03 PM
then please...don't feel compelled to return. We get enough flatlander suckers to drop their tourist dollars duing the summer without having to put up with total assholes like you. Really...stay the fuck away.... I never invited you and would love it if you never ever crossed the Piscataqua river bridge.

Oh yeah......lol Maine is one of the top tourist destinations in America! ROTFLMFAO! Well I guess if you like giant mosquitoes and pale fat White people then it would be cool.

Anyway Marine taxicab, I don't need anyone's fucking permission to go anywhere, especially the likes of you. See ya on my way to someplace interesting next summer like............Nova Scotia.

chesswarsnow
10-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But you losers don't know when you get beat.
2. And I don't want to beat a dead horse forever.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

OCA
10-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Sorry bout that,

2. Another good thread you losers have ruined.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Fucking bitch ass pussy! Go ahead, slink off motherfucker with your fucking tail between your legs, go on boy! Run!

Don't ever try to fuck with me again.

OCA
10-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But you losers don't know when you get beat.
2. And I don't want to beat a dead horse forever.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You ain't beat nothing boy but my balls against your chin.

chesswarsnow
10-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Sorry bout that,

Fucking bitch ass pussy! Go ahead, slink off motherfucker with your fucking tail between your legs, go on boy! Run!

Don't ever try to fuck with me again.

1. Ahhhahahaha,........
2. You two are nothing to me.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

OCA
10-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Ahhhahahaha,........

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You talked like you had game but ran when the whistle blew for opening kickoff, you have zero credibility here.

retiredman
10-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Oh yeah......lol Maine is one of the top tourist destinations in America! ROTFLMFAO! Well I guess if you like giant mosquitoes and pale fat White people then it would be cool.

Anyway Marine taxicab, I don't need anyone's fucking permission to go anywhere, especially the likes of you. See ya on my way to someplace interesting next summer like............Nova Scotia.

actually, Acadia is the second most visited national park behind only yellowstone...but redneck, losers like you would not find anything of interest here. No Po'Boys, No Piggly Wiggly. No NASCAR...go wherever the fuck you wanna go....all I am saying is, I didn't invite you and could give a fuck if you ever show up.

OCA
10-25-2007, 10:11 PM
actually, Acadia is the second most visited national park behind only yellowstone...but redneck, losers like you would not find anything of interest here. No Po'Boys, No Piggly Wiggly. No NASCAR...go wherever the fuck you wanna go....all I am saying is, I didn't invite you and could give a fuck if you ever show up.

Me? A redneck? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

You don't know your asshole from your elbow do ya boy?

82Marine89
10-25-2007, 10:12 PM
You talked like you had game but ran when the whistle blew for opening kickoff, you have zero credibility here.

HFM has more credibility than he does. He's a disgrace to Texans.

retiredman
10-25-2007, 10:13 PM

here is what I do know; i didn't invite you here and I really could give a fuck where you are from or what shade of pink your neck is...

boy.

82Marine89
10-25-2007, 10:14 PM

Hey dipshit, you say redneck like it's a bad thing.

Kathianne
10-25-2007, 10:15 PM

Being 'pro-illegals' doesn't negate your redneck take on blacks and others. Only in your own mind does it do so.

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2007, 10:15 PM
I think unpatriotic is determined by actions.

If you physically or verbally intimidate or use violence to stop peaceful protestors, that is unpatriotic.

To tell people who dissent, they are anti american, or unpatriotic, Actually that is unpatriotic.

Dissent, is NOT unpatritioc.

Calling an american soldiers names, or spitting on him, unpatriotic

Recognizing america is not perfect, but has some faults, fine

Calling america most evil country /terrorist in world, not patriotic.

Where am i wrong on this

I didnt say liberal or conservative.

people are physically and verbally assaulted with all kinds of political positions.

People are silenced for having non popular views.

OCA
10-25-2007, 10:16 PM
HFM has more credibility than he does. He's a disgrace to Texans.

Went to school in Texas, ACU in Abilene, I doubt Chessy is a Texan.

OCA
10-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Being 'pro-illegals' doesn't negate your redneck take on blacks and others. Only in your own mind does it do so.

Whats my take on Blacks?

Hint........its slowly changed the last year or so.

OCA
10-25-2007, 10:18 PM
here is what I do know; i didn't invite you here and I really could give a fuck where you are from or what shade of pink your neck is...

boy.

And you are in charge of inviting visitors?:laugh2:

retiredman
10-25-2007, 10:19 PM

only if being a redneck is combined with disrespect for our most northeastern new england state.

Kathianne
10-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Whats my take on Blacks?

Hint........its slowly changed the last year or so.

We crossed, I mean our posts. I'm going to back off and let you respond.

retiredman
10-25-2007, 10:23 PM
And you are in charge of inviting visitors?:laugh2:

of couse not...I only point out that I have not actively sought your presence in Maine...in juxtaposition to post #47

DO try to keep up from now on, willya?

82Marine89
10-25-2007, 10:24 PM
only if being a redneck is combined with disrespect for our most northeastern new england state.

You mean Southern Canada? :poke:

OCA
10-25-2007, 10:27 PM
of couse not...I only point out that I have not actively sought your presence in Maine...in juxtaposition to post #47

DO try to keep up from now on, willya?

Well anyway Gomer, whether you actively seek my presence in Maine, whether you have herpes, whether your armpits get chafed by deodarant or whether you enjoy big fat chick websites don't mean shit to me...............you are a pimple on this website's ass.

retiredman
10-25-2007, 10:29 PM
You mean Southern Canada? :poke:

you could never make it further than Foxwoods on your trip north and it wouldn't bother us in the least!

glockmail
10-25-2007, 11:55 PM
I'd rather get a fucking root canal than spend a minute in Piggly-Wiggly-ville. You wouldn't last 30 fucking seconds.

glockmail
10-26-2007, 12:00 AM

Got family in NS. Awesome place, Down East. We drive through Maine as fast as we can. Shithole Maine.

glockmail
10-26-2007, 12:04 AM

1. Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tenn. 9,192,477
2. Grand Canyon National Park, Ariz. 4,401,522
3. Yosemite National Park, Calif. 3,304,144
4. Olympic National Park, Wash. 3,142,774
5. Yellowstone National Park, Wyo.-Mont.-Idaho 2,835,651
6. Rocky Mountain National Park, Colo. 2,798,368
7. Zion National Park, Utah 2,586,665
8. Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Ohio 2,533,827
9. Grand Teton National Park, Wyo. 2,463,442
10. Acadia National Park, Maine 2,051,484

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004743.html

Another LIE. Looks like THE SOUTH tops again, by a factor of 5. :pee:

glockmail
10-26-2007, 12:08 AM
HFM callled me a redneck a while back and I called him on it 15 times in a row, asking him why. He fiannly said some BS like "cuz you talks like one".

Truth is anyone below M-D line is a redneck to MFM.

:fu: @ PFM (pedophile from maine)

actsnoblemartin
10-26-2007, 01:21 AM
There is nothing wrong with being a redneck.

Other then that, im staying out of your fight with maineman.

HFM callled me a redneck a while back and I called him on it 15 times in a row, asking him why. He fiannly said some BS like "cuz you talks like one".

Truth is anyone below M-D line is a redneck to MFM.

:fu: @ PFM (pedophile from maine)

retiredman
10-26-2007, 06:46 AM
You wouldn't last 30 fucking seconds.

Like I said.... why in the world would I WANT to go to a redneck county filled with flea infested dogs and toothless inbred hicks like YOU?

I wouldn't last 30 seconds on the surface of Mercury, but it is a moot point because I have no intention of going there either!

retiredman
10-26-2007, 06:48 AM
1. Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tenn. 9,192,477
2. Grand Canyon National Park, Ariz. 4,401,522
3. Yosemite National Park, Calif. 3,304,144
4. Olympic National Park, Wash. 3,142,774
5. Yellowstone National Park, Wyo.-Mont.-Idaho 2,835,651
6. Rocky Mountain National Park, Colo. 2,798,368
7. Zion National Park, Utah 2,586,665
8. Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Ohio 2,533,827
9. Grand Teton National Park, Wyo. 2,463,442
10. Acadia National Park, Maine 2,051,484

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004743.html

Another LIE. Looks like THE SOUTH tops again, by a factor of 5. :pee:

I stand corrected. I had always heard that Acadia ranked that high.... so tell me again....where is the national park in your state?

red states rule
10-26-2007, 07:10 AM

STOP RIGHT THERE!

A great American to a leftie is someone who spends all of his/her time on the air smearing the troops and running down America

MM, if you do not like what Sean says - turn the dial to a liberal talk show host (if you can find one)

retiredman
10-26-2007, 07:51 AM
A great American to a leftie is someone who spends all of his/her time on the air smearing the troops and running down America

MM, if you do not like what Sean says - turn the dial to a liberal talk show host (if you can find one)

I disagree with your ridiculous characterization. I don't like anyone smearing our troops...and I do not think that pointing out where my country has gone astray is "running down america". I am only running down the current administration!

And I like Sean...I think he is theraputic for me. I just get a big kick out of the "you're a great american" mindless greeting.

live long and prosper, RSR!

glockmail
10-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Like I said.... why in the world would I WANT to go to a redneck county filled with flea infested dogs and toothless inbred hicks like YOU?

I wouldn't last 30 seconds on the surface of Mercury, but it is a moot point because I have no intention of going there either!

Sorry pal, but the only tooth that I lost was as a teen when my dentist in Massachusetts screwed up.

I don't see how I could be inbred as my parents came from two different countries.

As far as being a hick or a redneck. I've got no problem with that. :pee:

My dogs are well cared for, no fleas. But they do have teeth. Lots of them.

retiredman
10-26-2007, 08:29 AM
glock...really...here is the bottom line:

You think I live in a shithole. I think that you live in a shithole.
You think that I am an asshole. I think that you are an asshole.

I don't see any chance for those opinions to change. I also don't see any chance of either of our opinions mattering all that much to the other one.

What's say we just give it a rest? How would that be?

glockmail
10-26-2007, 08:31 AM
I stand corrected. I had always heard that Acadia ranked that high.... so tell me again....where is the national park in your state?

Not only do you stand corrected you have now been beaten to a lifeless pulp:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z256/glockmail/GRSMmap2.jpg

NUMBER FUCKING ONE BABY! :lol:

glockmail
10-26-2007, 08:35 AM
glock...really...here is the bottom line:

You think I live in a shithole. I think that you live in a shithole.
You think that I am an asshole. I think that you are an asshole.

I don't see any chance for those opinions to change. I also don't see any chance of either of our opinions mattering all that much to the other one.

What's say we just give it a rest? How would that be?

The fact is that you do live in a shithole and are an asshole, while I live in the greatest State in the union and am a great American.

Sorry that you feel so defeated but until you fess up for what you wrote and repent I will continue to expose you for the queer lying pedophile that you are. :coffee:

retiredman
10-26-2007, 12:07 PM
The fact is that you do live in a shithole and are an asshole, while I live in the greatest State in the union and am a great American.

your confusion between facts and opinions is noted.:fu:

Abbey Marie
10-26-2007, 12:41 PM

You listen to Sean's entire show every day? I'm sure he'd be pleased to know you are such a devoted fan!

retiredman
10-26-2007, 01:13 PM
You listen to Sean's entire show every day? I'm sure he'd be pleased to know you are such a devoted fan!

I listen to his show for nearly an hour every weekday afternoon on my drive home and have done so for several years.

I can honestly say that I cannot recall a single instance where, when told he was a great American by a caller, Sean Hannity did not immediately compliment the caller with the exact same greeting. Caller after caller. Day after day. Year after year.

Again....it is ridiculous... it is a platitude...it is a phrase so overused and misused that it has lost any real meaning... its only meaning today is encoded... and I find it laughable that the right presumes some mantle of patriotism as their birthright.

glockmail
10-26-2007, 01:32 PM
... I find it laughable that the right presumes some mantle of patriotism as their birthright. Its not our birthright; we had to earn it.
:coffee:

glockmail
10-26-2007, 01:48 PM
your confusion between facts and opinions is noted.:fu:
I'm glad that you agree: Number Fucking One by a criteria of your choosing. :lol:

retiredman
10-26-2007, 02:16 PM
a criteria of my chosing? How about pounds of lobsters caught per year? How about tons of potatoes harvested? How about ships built? How about low murder rate per capita?

national parks are hardly a criteria of my choosing.

I agree that you think the shithole you live in is better than the pristine beauty of the place where I live in. Your opinion.... everyone's got 'em. big fucking deal.

glockmail
10-26-2007, 02:27 PM
a criteria of my chosing? .... It was the criteria that you chose ealier in this thread. You fucked up.

OCA
10-26-2007, 02:31 PM
national parks are hardly a criteria of my choosing.

*OCA watches a fucking human joke backpedal like a sumbitch*

actsnoblemartin
10-26-2007, 03:42 PM
What is your characterization of the troops at this point, besides the war in iraq, what about the military in general. In all the other countries in the world, between all the branches.

Your a patriot.

Give us your opinion.

I disagree with your ridiculous characterization. I don't like anyone smearing our troops...and I do not think that pointing out where my country has gone astray is "running down america". I am only running down the current administration!

And I like Sean...I think he is theraputic for me. I just get a big kick out of the "you're a great american" mindless greeting.

live long and prosper, RSR!

retiredman
10-26-2007, 05:23 PM
What is your characterization of the troops at this point, besides the war in iraq, what about the military in general. In all the other countries in the world, between all the branches.

Your a patriot.

Give us your opinion.

I hold all of the branches of the uniformed services in the highest regard and always have. They are undoubtedly the best trained and the best equipped fighting force on the planet.

My ONLY beef is with their current civilian leadership.

Pale Rider
10-26-2007, 05:41 PM

Actually, Acadia barely makes the top ten...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2047/1766162468_385d1ad3e6_o.jpg

retiredman
10-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Actually, Acadia barely makes the top ten...

I guess you don't actually read threads from start to finish but just sort of jump in whenever you want.

That same table has been posted earlier. I remarked - earlier - that I stood corrected. Obviously, you missed that.

Maine is a sparsely populated state at the end of the line....we're way the hell up as far north and east as you can go. Acadia is a cool place. A lot of people come to Maine to see it and other cool places here. If inbred toothless nascar lovin' southern rednecks don't want to come to experience maine, that really won't break our hearts up here. We really probably aren't their "cup of tea" anyway.:laugh2:

Pale Rider
10-26-2007, 05:58 PM
I guess you don't actually read threads from start to finish but just sort of jump in whenever you want.

That same table has been posted earlier. I remarked - earlier - that I stood corrected. Obviously, you missed that.

Maine is a sparsely populated state at the end of the line....we're way the hell up as far north and east as you can go. Acadia is a cool place. A lot of people come to Maine to see it and other cool places here. If inbred toothless nascar lovin' southern rednecks don't want to come to experience maine, that really won't break our hearts up here. We really probably aren't their "cup of tea" anyway.:laugh2:

Sorry I missed it being posted.

I like out of the way, sparsely populated myself. That's why I like Nevada and Montana. Nevada actually has the most uninhabited land of any state. No wonder, since 87% of Nevada is owned by the state. And Montana still has less than a million people in the whole damn state, at last count, and it's a big state. Give me elbow room with no stinking, bitching, whiny neighbors anyday over a Super Wal Mart a mile and half away.

Abbey Marie
10-26-2007, 05:59 PM
You really cannot beat a well-made, no-mayo lobster roll.

retiredman
10-26-2007, 06:07 PM
You really cannot beat a well-made, no-mayo lobster roll.

Red's Eats....right on Route 1 just before the bridge in Wiscasset. Best lobster rolls on the planet!

Abbey Marie
10-26-2007, 06:11 PM
Red's Eats....right on Route 1 just before the bridge in Wiscasset. Best lobster rolls on the planet!

I'd really enjoy testing that out. :D

retiredman
10-26-2007, 06:11 PM

I like out of the way, sparsely populated myself. That's why I like Nevada and Montana. Nevada actually has the most uninhabited land of any state. No wonder, since 87% of Nevada is owned by the state. And Montana still has less than a million people in the whole damn state, at last count, and it's a big state. Give me elbow room with no stinking, bitching, whiny neighbors anyday over a Super Wal Mart a mile and half away.

no sweat.

I like sparsely populated too...

Did you know that the second congressional district in Maine is the largest (i.e. the most sparsely populated) congressional district east of the mississippi?

I am just growing weary of Maine winters which, while not as brutally cold as the ones in Illinois when I was growing up, do seem to last LONGER than winters anywhere else I have been.

My wife and I were all set to buy a home in San Miguel Mexico last month, but the buyer backed out at the last minute....we will go there eventually, and finally escape the cold (and the heat) once and for all!

retiredman
10-26-2007, 06:27 PM
I'd really enjoy testing that out. :D

http://tinyurl.com/ywakes

My wife and I will meet you there if you'd like!

Pale Rider
10-26-2007, 07:01 PM
no sweat.

I like sparsely populated too...

Did you know that the second congressional district in Maine is the largest (i.e. the most sparsely populated) congressional district east of the mississippi?

I am just growing weary of Maine winters which, while not as brutally cold as the ones in Illinois when I was growing up, do seem to last LONGER than winters anywhere else I have been.

My wife and I were all set to buy a home in San Miguel Mexico last month, but the buyer backed out at the last minute....we will go there eventually, and finally escape the cold (and the heat) once and for all!

I've often thought of living in Mexico myself. It's a beautiful country, and I could live quite well down there on my retirement income. But... I'd miss family. Hell I already miss family. I've lived hundreds if not thousands of miles away from family the majority of my life. I'd like to spend my last years by somebody, and I've decided that's going to be my older sister and her family up in Montana. I'm currently looking at a newer ranch house with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathes, a three car detached garage, horse coral with loafing shed sitting on 5.49 acres, all with views to die for in Ennis, not 50 miles from Yellowstone Park. Reno is starting to get to me. It's a damn tourist rat race here, and I'm getting sick of the crowds and all the traffic.

retiredman
10-26-2007, 07:07 PM
I've often thought of living in Mexico myself. It's a beautiful country, and I could live quite well down there on my retirement income. But... I'd miss family. Hell I already miss family. I've lived hundreds if not thousands of miles away from family the majority of my life. I'd like to spend my last years by somebody, and I've decided that's going to be my older sister and her family up in Montana. I'm currently looking at a newer ranch house with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathes, a three car detached garage, horse coral with loafing shed sitting on 5.49 acres, all with views to die for in Ennis, not 50 miles from Yellowstone Park. Reno is starting to get to me. It's a damn tourist rat race here, and I'm getting sick of the crowds and all the traffic.

your place sounds marvelous!

once we've decided to live someplace without winter, we are a plane ride from all of our children. Mexico City is not significantly more of a hassle for my kids from NYC, ME and RI to get to than Arizona or Florida is..... and vice versa...

my guess is, once they experience San Miguel, they will be vacationing there all the time!

Pale Rider
10-26-2007, 07:21 PM
your place sounds marvelous!

once we've decided to live someplace without winter, we are a plane ride from all of our children. Mexico City is not significantly more of a hassle for my kids from NYC, ME and RI to get to than Arizona or Florida is..... and vice versa...

my guess is, once they experience San Miguel, they will be vacationing there all the time!

What about that big vulcano that Mexico City is built next to? Popocatepetl? Don't the "experts" think that thing is ready to blow sometime soon and wipe out the whole city?

Not unlike the great vulcanic cauldron in Yellow Stone Park, which if that went, it would probably thrust the world into a another ice age.

retiredman
10-26-2007, 07:29 PM
What about that big vulcano that Mexico City is built next to? Popocatepetl? Don't the "experts" think that thing is ready to blow sometime soon and wipe out the whole city?

Not unlike the great vulcanic cauldron in Yellow Stone Park, which if that went, it would probably thrust the world into a another ice age.

Mexico City is just the nearest bigtime airport. San Miguel is the town....you should check it out online. It is gorgeous...high in the mountains and perpetual spring!

typomaniac
10-26-2007, 07:30 PM

No such luck, man. Every household address in the original 48 United States is within 25 miles of a Wal Mart. How depressing is that? :(

Abbey Marie
10-26-2007, 07:34 PM
http://tinyurl.com/ywakes

My wife and I will meet you there if you'd like!

I've been to Ogunquit, Wells, Kennebunkport, Boothbay, Belgrade Lakes, Bar Harbor and Camden. Anywhere near any of those?

retiredman
10-26-2007, 07:52 PM
I've been to Ogunquit, Wells, Kennebunkport, Boothbay, Belgrade Lakes, Bar Harbor and Camden. Anywhere near any of those?

If you went to Boothbay, you drove right by Red's Eats...just as you passed the two old shipwrecks in the kennebec river!

glockmail
10-26-2007, 07:57 PM
If you went to Boothbay, you drove right by Red's Eats...just as you passed the two old shipwrecks in the kennebec river! That's what I remember about Maine. No one cleans shit up. And they all have old cars in their yards, next to a washing machine or two.

retiredman
10-26-2007, 08:03 PM
That's what I remember about Maine. No one cleans shit up. And they all have old cars in their yards, next to a washing machine or two.

who the fuck asked you, douchebag?

what I remember about north carolina is skibum daddies doing the nasty with their children right there in their front yards.

glockmail
10-26-2007, 08:10 PM
who the fuck asked you, douchebag?

what I remember about north carolina is skibum daddies doing the nasty with their children right there in their front yards.

Gee, why the vitriol?

Do you remember the location of this front yard? Just the name of a town would suffice. Otherwise I'll have to assume that you are lying about that as well.

retiredman
10-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Gee, why the vitriol?

Do you remember the location of this front yard? Just the name of a town would suffice. Otherwise I'll have to assume that you are lying about that as well.

why the vitriol?

do you really need to ask such an inane question?:lol:

and why would I give a fuck what you assume?

Abbey Marie
10-26-2007, 08:20 PM
If you went to Boothbay, you drove right by Red's Eats...just as you passed the two old shipwrecks in the kennebec river!

We went on a whale-watching tour there. I don't remember the shipwrecks, but my husband and I will definitely check out Red's next time we go.

Now, you two: both states are beautiful, and have their share of problems. You should argue about something else, lol.

actsnoblemartin
10-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Nice to see hannity and colmes in the thread, but i really dont know who is who

retiredman
10-26-2007, 08:23 PM
We went on a whale-watching tour there. I don't remember the shipwrecks, but my husband and I will definitely check out Red's next time we go.

Now, you two: both states are beautiful, and have their share of problems. You should argue about something else, lol.

it really is just a little shack along side the road...but the lobster rolls are known to be the best

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Writeup.aspx?ReviewID=2938&RefID=2959

Pale Rider
10-27-2007, 01:44 AM
No such luck, man. Every household address in the original 48 United States is within 25 miles of a Wal Mart. How depressing is that? :(

I'm sure it seems that way, but that's not true.

Pale Rider
10-27-2007, 01:49 AM
it really is just a little shack along side the road...but the lobster rolls are known to be the best

The lobster absolutely makes my mouth water, but I don't think the lobster in the roll looks that good.

Abbey Marie
10-27-2007, 09:53 AM
The lobster absolutely makes my mouth water, but I don't think the lobster in the roll looks that good.

Oh, no, Pale you have got to try one! And it has to be just like the one at Red's. No mayo, just chunks of lobster on a buttered and grilled New England bun. Some places cheat and put mayo all over it, and it just ruins the taste, IMO.

MFM, you are right, that is one great looking roll. I just showed the picture to my husband and daughter, and they both are vowing to go to Red's when we are in Maine next summer.

Pale Rider
10-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Oh, no, Pale you have got to try one! And it has to be just like the one at Red's. No mayo, just chunks of lobster on a buttered and grilled New England bun. Some places cheat and put mayo all over it, and it just ruins the tatse, IMO.

MFM, you are right, that is one great looking roll. I just showed the picture to my husband and daughter, and they both are vowing to go to Red's when we are in Maine next summer.

I'll have to see if I can find anything like that around Reno or Tahoe, since we do have some very fine restaurants here.

Kathianne
10-27-2007, 11:26 AM

I just spent 15 minutes looking for this link! Abbey started it with something like, 'that roll looks wonderful!', now I'm starving. How long from Chicago to Red's? :laugh2:

retiredman
10-27-2007, 01:33 PM
I'll have to see if I can find anything like that around Reno or Tahoe, since we do have some very fine restaurants here.

I must admit that I am something of a loster purist myself, and don't really prefer lobster rolls to getting a big pot of cold seawater, putting the lobsters in when the water is cold and then bringing it to a boil over a big propane burner on the beach. Much like the old adage about a frog jumping out of a pot of boiling water but staying and getting boiled alive if put in when the water is cold and warming it slowly, the lobsters - or so the natives tell me (and I believe them) - go to sleep if cooked in that manner and their muscles are, therefore tender and relaxed and not tightened in the immediate horror of being plunged into boiling water.

But my wife hates to go through all that trouble, so Red's gets our business fairly regularly as we head to the beaches in the summer.

retiredman
10-27-2007, 01:34 PM
I just spent 15 minutes looking for this link! Abbey started it with something like, 'that roll looks wonderful!', now I'm starving. How long from Chicago to Red's? :laugh2:

the flight from Chicago to Portland is just about two hours, and the drive from Portland Jetport to Red's is less than an hour.

Kathianne
10-27-2007, 01:51 PM
the flight from Chicago to Portland is just about two hours, and the drive from Portland Jetport to Red's is less than an hour.

I'm driving, can't afford airfare.

retiredman
10-27-2007, 10:05 PM
I'm driving, can't afford airfare.

make it to the capital city, you've got a place to stay (us Illinois folks gotta stick together) and we'll hed down to Red's the next day. I'll drive.

actsnoblemartin
10-27-2007, 10:08 PM
What if hannity said your a GREAT Anti-American or a Patheticly GREAT American?

make it to the capital city, you've got a place to stay (us Illinois folks gotta stick together) and we'll hed down to Red's the next day. I'll drive.

retiredman
10-27-2007, 10:14 PM
What if hannity said your a GREAT Anti-American or a Patheticly GREAT American?

you obviously have missed the point that I could give a fuck what hannity says about me....I began this thread simply because I find him and his "you're a great American" horshshit to be funny.

actsnoblemartin
10-27-2007, 10:19 PM
sorry :(, i was just trying to lighten up the mood.

I agree with you that its horseshit. But why be upset about it?

you obviously have missed the point that I could give a fuck what hannity says about me....I began this thread simply because I find him and his "you're a great American" horshshit to be funny.

red states rule
10-29-2007, 06:08 AM

So you don't give a fuck what Hannity says - you sure whine alot about what he says

I think it has more to do with the fact Hannity tells the truth about your side and his audience is growing

retiredman
10-29-2007, 06:33 AM
So you don't give a fuck what Hannity says - you sure whine alot about what he says

I think it has more to do with the fact Hannity tells the truth about your side and his audience is growing

you are mistaken. I am not whining about anything. I am laughing at him. He is a hack....just like you.... but he, at least, is a humorous hack.

Pale Rider
10-29-2007, 01:07 PM
I must admit that I am something of a loster purist myself, and don't really prefer lobster rolls to getting a big pot of cold seawater, putting the lobsters in when the water is cold and then bringing it to a boil over a big propane burner on the beach. Much like the old adage about a frog jumping out of a pot of boiling water but staying and getting boiled alive if put in when the water is cold and warming it slowly, the lobsters - or so the natives tell me (and I believe them) - go to sleep if cooked in that manner and their muscles are, therefore tender and relaxed and not tightened in the immediate horror of being plunged into boiling water.

But my wife hates to go through all that trouble, so Red's gets our business fairly regularly as we head to the beaches in the summer.

I've never heard that about cooking a lobster like that, but makes sense. Now I have a new mission. "Buy lobster, cook in water cold to boiling." I don't have sea water readily available, so I'll have to use some sea salt.

I wonder how many people have had to go have lobster since this talk about Reds and the lobster rolls? :laugh:

Pale Rider
10-29-2007, 01:08 PM
you are mistaken. I am not whining about anything. I am laughing at him. He is a hack....just like you.... but he, at least, is a humorous hack.

I find it a chore sometimes to listen to Hannity myself, ever since he became a mouth piece for Giuliani.

retiredman
10-29-2007, 01:25 PM
I've never heard that about cooking a lobster like that, but makes sense. Now I have a new mission. "Buy lobster, cook in water cold to boiling." I don't have sea water readily available, so I'll have to use some sea salt.

I wonder how many people have had to go have lobster since this talk about Reds and the lobster rolls? :laugh:

I had a friend whose aunt and uncle lived in Sedgwick Maine...right on the coast.... the Uncle's name was "Horace Means"...and he lived in a lovely old federalist home that was built by his direct ancestors in 1790 or thereaboutsand which had been in the family ever since. His mailing address was Horace Means, Means Hill, Sedgwick, Maine, He had a cast iron pot so big it could have been King Kong's army helmet. He'd load up the back of his pickup truck with forty or fifty plastic milk bottles, take them down to the deepwater dock where his local lobsterman friend was waiting with a load of lobsters. Horace would fill the milk jugs with seawater, bring them home along with the crustaceans, where the "army helmet" was sitting poised over an ENORMOUS propane burner. The cold seawater would be dumped into the "helmet" along with a dozen or more 2 lb bugs.... after they got all acclimated to their new digs, he'd turn the burner on, and some indeterminant amount of time later, we'd feast on lobsters and cold cold beer at a big outdoor picnic table overlooking Eggemoggin Reach. wicked good!

Pale Rider
10-29-2007, 01:56 PM
I had a friend whose aunt and uncle lived in Sedgwick Maine...right on the coast.... the Uncle's name was "Horace Means"...and he lived in a lovely old federalist home that was built by his direct ancestors in 1790 or thereaboutsand which had been in the family ever since. His mailing address was Horace Means, Means Hill, Sedgwick, Maine, He had a cast iron pot so big it could have been King Kong's army helmet. He'd load up the back of his pickup truck with forty or fifty plastic milk bottles, take them down to the deepwater dock where his local lobsterman friend was waiting with a load of lobsters. Horace would fill the milk jugs with seawater, bring them home along with the crustaceans, where the "army helmet" was sitting poised over an ENORMOUS propane burner. The cold seawater would be dumped into the "helmet" along with a dozen or more 2 lb bugs.... after they got all acclimated to their new digs, he'd turn the burner on, and some indeterminant amount of time later, we'd feast on lobsters and cold cold beer at a big outdoor picnic table overlooking Eggemoggin Reach. wicked good!

That sounds WONDERFUL! (The house and the lobster.) Shit... now I will HAVE to have lobster today... :laugh:

retiredman
10-29-2007, 02:14 PM
That sounds WONDERFUL! (The house and the lobster.) Shit... now I will HAVE to have lobster today... :laugh:

I am actually in charge of "viral marketing" for the Maine Lobster Council. I tell enough of these Horace Means stories all over the internet and after a while it noticeably increases lobster consumption.:laugh2:

j/k

Pale Rider
10-29-2007, 02:16 PM
I am actually in charge of "viral marketing" for the Maine Lobster Council. I tell enough of these Horace Means stories all over the internet and after a while it noticeably increases lobster consumption.:laugh2:

j/k

Hooked me... :thumb:

(Good job.)

retiredman
10-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Hooked me... :thumb:

(Good job.)

sunny july day.... a cool breeze blowing the scent of the Atlantic up the hill.... good friends... cold beer.... corn on the cob.... big red losters... a few labrador retrievers hanging out waiting for scraps....

life in maine.

ahhhhhh.

you may not be able to experience all of it right this very afternoon...but you can get a taste of it with some real maine lobsters from the tank at your local supermarket.

be sure to stop on by on the way home....pick two up and surprise your spouse with a little taste o' maine.

typomaniac
10-29-2007, 03:18 PM
sunny july day.... a cool breeze blowing the scent of the Atlantic up the hill.... good friends... cold beer.... corn on the cob.... big red losters... a few labrador retrievers hanging out waiting for scraps....

life in maine.

ahhhhhh.

you may not be able to experience all of it right this very afternoon...but you can get a taste of it with some real maine lobsters from the tank at your local supermarket.

be sure to stop on by on the way home....pick two up and surprise your spouse with a little taste o' maine.

What's Maine got that Massachusetts hasn't got? ;)

Pale Rider
10-29-2007, 03:51 PM

Colder weather?

Abbey Marie
10-29-2007, 03:51 PM

Fewer tax and spend liberals. ;)

Abbey Marie
10-29-2007, 03:53 PM

j/k

I can't imagine why anyone would have to be convinced to eat lobster. :)

typomaniac
10-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Fewer tax and spend liberals. ;)

And fewer dittoheads. That's a plus right there! :)

retiredman
10-29-2007, 08:10 PM

lobsters from colder, unpolluted waters, obviously

mrg666
10-29-2007, 08:12 PM
lobsters from colder, unpolluted waters, obviously

and where exactly are the unpolluted waters :D

retiredman
10-29-2007, 08:13 PM
I can't imagine why anyone would have to be convinced to eat lobster. :)

few people have to be convinced to eat lobster...everyone could be convinced to eat more lobster.

Abbey Marie
10-29-2007, 08:38 PM
few people have to be convinced to eat lobster...everyone could be convinced to eat more lobster.

That's easy. Just lower the price per lb.

mrg666
10-29-2007, 08:40 PM

you got it
it's a very nice eat but way too many £'s or \$'s for us normal folk
you will be starting a caviar thread next :laugh2:

retiredman
10-29-2007, 08:48 PM

do you actually produce anything to earn your living?

and if so, what would it be?

Abbey Marie
10-29-2007, 08:58 PM
do you actually produce anything to earn your living?

and if so, what would it be?

I swear, you can turn even the most pleasant converation into a weird challenge. I think I'll pass on this one.

retiredman
10-29-2007, 09:02 PM
I swear, you can turn even the most pleasant converation into a weird challenge. I think I'll pass on this one.

no...my point was.... if lobstermen make a living selling their lobsters for X dollars per pound, do you expect them to continue to be able to make a living if they reduced their price to .3X per pound?

in fact, lobstermen don't operate with a very large profit margin at all.

I certainly was not trying to be unpleasant.

If you made widgets at work, and your company sold widgets for X dollars, and you wanted to increase demand, lowering your price to a fraction of X might accomplish that.... but in the world of fish, increasing demand does not actually cause more lobsters to grow!

and another interesting fact: when the tourists leave, the price drops! ;)

chesswarsnow
10-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Lobsters are forbidden food.
2. Scavengers, not unlike vultures.
3. Lobsters are, *Vultures of the Sea*.
4. Hehehehe,.........:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

retiredman
10-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Sorry bout that,

3. Lobsters are Vultures of the Sea.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

you are forbidden from having any lobsters!

don't even think about it. more for the rest of us!

mrg666
10-29-2007, 09:19 PM
ok
less £ or $ per lb (or kilo ) of lobster = sell more lobster
or are prices kept up for a reason ?

retiredman
10-29-2007, 09:27 PM
ok
less £ or $ per lb (or kilo ) of lobster = sell more lobster
or are prices kept up for a reason ?

cut the price of diamonds to a nickel a carat.... you'd sell more diamonds!

mrg666
10-29-2007, 09:29 PM
cut the price of diamonds to a nickel a carat.... you'd sell more diamonds!

dont forget diamonds are forever lobster is for dinner

glockmail
10-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Sorry bout that,

3. Lobsters are, *Vultures of the Sea*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas We used to call them rats of the sea. Just like seagulls are rats of the air.

Abbey Marie
10-30-2007, 02:20 PM
We used to call them rats of the sea. Just like seagulls are rats of the air.

And rats are rats of the land? :laugh2:

glockmail
10-30-2007, 02:54 PM
And rats are rats of the land? :laugh2: No. Those would be Democrats. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
10-30-2007, 02:56 PM
No. Those would be Democrats. :laugh2:

I tip my theoretical hat to you, Glock! :clap:

mrg666
11-04-2007, 06:47 PM

yes excellant glock

glockmail
11-05-2007, 12:18 PM
*takes a bow* :coffee:

typomaniac
11-05-2007, 12:53 PM

But rats are soft and cuddly. No one wants to cuddle a Repugnican. :laugh2:

glockmail
11-05-2007, 01:40 PM
But rats are soft and cuddly. No one wants to cuddle a Repugnican. :laugh2:
I'll let you cuddle your rat and I'll cuddle my cute republican any day of the week.

typomaniac
11-05-2007, 02:14 PM
I'll let you cuddle your rat and I'll cuddle my cute republican any day of the week.

"Beyond lame." Besides, Repugnican females are either skanks or old bags.

glockmail
11-05-2007, 02:48 PM
"Beyond lame." Besides, Repugnican females are either skanks or old bags.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z256/glockmail/bushtwins.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z256/glockmail/Politicalwomen.jpg

:coffee:

typomaniac
11-05-2007, 03:03 PM
First one's a photoshop job, and all the pics in the second group are at least 20 years old. :lol:

As for the others, I've never had the hots for any of them, so I don't care.

glockmail
11-05-2007, 03:24 PM
First one's a photoshop job, and all the pics in the second group are at least 20 years old. :lol:

As for the others, I've never had the hots for any of them, so I don't care.

I'm sure Helen and Andrea would love to arrange a threesome with you. :poke:

typomaniac
11-05-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm sure Helen and Andrea would love to arrange a threesome with you. :poke:

Fatties aren't among my fetishes. :smoke:

glockmail
11-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Fatties aren't among my fetishes. :smoke:
That appears to be inconsistent with your post 181.

Abbey Marie
11-06-2007, 05:43 PM
A couple more Republican women...

http://www.tvguide.com/images/pgimg/bo-derek1.jpg

http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/celebs/patriciaheaton/patricia_heaton_1.jpg

typomaniac
11-06-2007, 06:36 PM
That appears to be inconsistent with your post 181.

I don't see how. There are women out there (you've probably never seen one in Yadkin county) who aren't fat, old, or skanky.

typomaniac
11-06-2007, 06:38 PM

Alright! I never thought I'd see the words "Jesus Christ" so close to Patricia Heaton's tits. Point to Abbey. :laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
11-06-2007, 09:29 PM

http://www.tvguide.com/images/pgimg/bo-derek1.jpg

http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/celebs/patriciaheaton/patricia_heaton_1.jpg

boobies :banana:

glockmail
11-06-2007, 09:48 PM
A couple more Republican women...Such babes.... And Bo seems to get better with age. Amazing how taking an intellectual perspective on life instead of an emotional one tends to do that to you.