PDA

View Full Version : Eight (Illegal Aliens) Detained For Allegedly Stealing Qualcomm Supplies

82Marine89
10-24-2007, 10:40 PM
San Diego Police officials say they detained eight undocumented immigrants today after the suspects allegedly stole emergency supplies for evacuees at Qualcomm Stadium. KPBS reporter Amita Sharma has more.

Authorities say evacuees at Qualcomm Stadium told police they noticed a group of people loading supplies onto a truck and driving away. San Diego Police Spokeswoman Monica Munoz says witnesses saw the group return three times to pick up supplies.

Munoz: What they were doing was taking those supplies and selling them so what we did was detain those individuals and spoke to them and they told us they were undocumented and what exactly they were doing so we turned them over to the Border Patrol.

Munoz says four of the eight people taken into custody were released. She said she did not know where the group resold the items, nor to whom.

Amita Sharma, KPBS News.

LINK (http://kpbs.org/news/local;id=9979)

manu1959
10-24-2007, 10:43 PM
no worries they will be citizens soon and you can put them in jail.....

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2007, 02:54 PM
why am i ot suprised?

no worries they will be citizens soon and you can put them in jail.....

Pale Rider
10-25-2007, 02:58 PM
San Diego Police officials say they detained eight undocumented immigrants today after the suspects allegedly stole emergency supplies for evacuees at Qualcomm Stadium. KPBS reporter Amita Sharma has more.

Authorities say evacuees at Qualcomm Stadium told police they noticed a group of people loading supplies onto a truck and driving away. San Diego Police Spokeswoman Monica Munoz says witnesses saw the group return three times to pick up supplies.

Munoz: What they were doing was taking those supplies and selling them so what we did was detain those individuals and spoke to them and they told us they were undocumented and what exactly they were doing so we turned them over to the Border Patrol.

Munoz says four of the eight people taken into custody were released. She said she did not know where the group resold the items, nor to whom.

Amita Sharma, KPBS News.

LINK (http://kpbs.org/news/local;id=9979)

How did they know they were illegal? I thought law enforcement wasn't allowed to ask.

So, just let them take what they had in hand and turn them lose. That's what we always do anyway.

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2007, 02:59 PM
How about a novice idea. A national id card. So you have to prove youre a citizen.

How did they know they were illegal? I thought law enforcement wasn't allowed to ask.

So, just let them take what they had in hand and turn them lose. That's what we always do anyway.

Pale Rider
10-25-2007, 03:23 PM
How about a novice idea. A national id card. So you have to prove youre a citizen.

We should have one. One that can NOT be forged. And if you don't have one, you'll be jailed and deported.

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2007, 03:35 PM
and the mexican government fined, and has to give us oil :)

We should have one. One that can NOT be forged. And if you don't have one, you'll be jailed and deported.

April15
10-25-2007, 04:02 PM
How about a novice idea. A national id card. So you have to prove youre a citizen.I won't get one. I don't need to prove I am a citizen. When that day comes I will give serious thought to a new nation to live in as this one will be just like the one my grandparents fled.

As for the thief's; stealing from the helpless is just to low for words. Legal or not they need a long time to think about the actions, say life or more.

Pale Rider
10-25-2007, 04:15 PM
I won't get one. I don't need to prove I am a citizen. When that day comes I will give serious thought to a new nation to live in as this one will be just like the one my grandparents fled.

As for the thief's; stealing from the helpless is just to low for words. Legal or not they need a long time to think about the actions, say life or more.

The nation your grandparents fled was in a completely different day and age. I agree, I wouldn't like it. But I also concede, we need it.

Trigg
10-25-2007, 05:11 PM
I won't get one. I don't need to prove I am a citizen. .

You have a SS card and drivers license, NO???

gabosaurus
10-25-2007, 05:38 PM
What about those that were arrested that were NOT illegal aliens? Kind of slants the story, does it not?

Pale Rider
10-25-2007, 06:25 PM
What about those that were arrested that were NOT illegal aliens? Kind of slants the story, does it not?

How?

82Marine89
10-25-2007, 07:14 PM

Yeah, who would have expected KPBS to do a derogatory story on illegals?

April15
10-25-2007, 07:21 PM
You have a SS card and drivers license, NO???No. An operators license for motor vehicle but no SS card. I know my number and it is not to be used for identification purposes. I do not have to prove who I am or my citizenship. It is recumbent on the authoritize to verify the information I give them verbally.

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2007, 07:53 PM
I really dont understand april or crack-o-sauru's point.

What is wrong, with indentifying who you are, and that you have or have not earned the right to be here, work here, drive a vehicle, have housing, and every other service.

The u.s. is not a giant piggy bank for illegals.

Why cant april, and gabo get that through their head

Hugh Lincoln
10-25-2007, 07:57 PM
In a true nation, your skin is your ID.

April15
10-25-2007, 09:19 PM
I really dont understand april or crack-o-sauru's point.

What is wrong, with indentifying who you are, and that you have or have not earned the right to be here, work here, drive a vehicle, have housing, and every other service.

The u.s. is not a giant piggy bank for illegals.

Why cant april, and gabo get that through their headFirst of all I am of German descent. I know who I am! I really don't give a shit if the government doesn't believe I am who I say I am. It is not my job to prove I am legal. That is the job of the federal government. Now if the government were to say ok we failed to protect you it would be a nice admission but I don't wear a star of david and I won't let this kind of thing happen again!

According to the republican way of life I have not earned enough money to live here. As for the right to work here it is where I was born.

Kathianne
10-25-2007, 09:31 PM
First of all I am of German descent. I know who I am! I really don't give a shit if the government doesn't believe I am who I say I am. It is not my job to prove I am legal. That is the job of the federal government. Now if the government were to say ok we failed to protect you it would be a nice admission but I don't wear a star of david and I won't let this kind of thing happen again!

According to the republican way of life I have not earned enough money to live here. As for the right to work here it is where I was born.

Seriously, what is it you are babbling about?

It is not my job to prove I am legal. That is the job of the federal government. Now if the government were to say ok we failed to protect you it would be a nice admission but I don't wear a star of david and I won't let this kind of thing happen again!

Are you legal or not, not a difficult question. Who is asking you to wear a Star of David?

Exactly what are you referring to with this 'republican way of life'? What would be enough money, I'm assuming info from a group? Link please.

OCA
10-25-2007, 09:35 PM
This is the first step when beginning a campaign of ethnocide and deportation, villify your opponent, make him into a monster.

Hey, anybody got anything to say about the thousands of legal Americans areested for robbery everyday right here in the good ol' US of A?

Gaffer
10-25-2007, 10:17 PM
This is the first step when beginning a campaign of ethnocide and deportation, villify your opponent, make him into a monster.

Hey, anybody got anything to say about the thousands of legal Americans areested for robbery everyday right here in the good ol' US of A?

Yeah, they are locked up with the thousands of illegals that commit those same crimes. If illegals were kept out our jails wouldn't be so crowded.

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Nobody is talking about rounding up all hispanics and burning them in ovens. So i have no idea what your talking about.

What this is really to me is, you dont want the illegals to be forced to leave.

The government has failed, you dont need them to tell you that.

You dont say, well he failed, so ill do nothing.

I respect you, I just think youre wrong.

First of all I am of German descent. I know who I am! I really don't give a shit if the government doesn't believe I am who I say I am. It is not my job to prove I am legal. That is the job of the federal government. Now if the government were to say ok we failed to protect you it would be a nice admission but I don't wear a star of david and I won't let this kind of thing happen again!

OCA
10-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Yeah, they are locked up with the thousands of illegals that commit those same crimes. If illegals were kept out our jails wouldn't be so crowded.

Personally, I don't give a rip about crowded jails, let them all live like rats on top of each other and shank each other in the yard.

Trigg
10-26-2007, 11:30 AM
No. An operators license for motor vehicle but no SS card. I know my number and it is not to be used for identification purposes. I do not have to prove who I am or my citizenship. It is recumbent on the authoritize to verify the information I give them verbally.

Really? EVERY job I've ever gotten wants to make a copy of my SS card. A verbal of the number will not due since I could pull any number out of the air.

A person is only supposed to have a SS# if they are a citizen or are working in this country legally. Not much different than a national ID card.

Trigg
10-26-2007, 11:36 AM

At lest they're commiting crimes in their own country instead of sneaking somewhere else.

gabosaurus
10-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Nice to see the racism inherent in DP rearing its ugly head again. Let's just racially profile everyone. Make the country safe for decent white people again.

jimnyc
10-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Nice to see the racism inherent in DP rearing its ugly head again. Let's just racially profile everyone. Make the country safe for decent white people again.

Not wanting scumbag illegals running rampant around our country is NOT racist. Personally, I think they should shoot every one of these filthy scumbags who illegally enter our country and siphon off of our economy.

gabosaurus
10-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Good. Let's start with Michelle Malkin's parents.

jimnyc
10-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Good. Let's start with Michelle Malkin's parents.

Don't care in the slightest bit about her. Start EVERYWHERE for all I care. Exterminate these scummy cockroaches where they crawl.

Trigg
10-26-2007, 11:52 AM

If you weren't so blinded you would notice that people here want illegals deported no matter what country they come from.

gabosaurus
10-26-2007, 11:53 AM
I suppose we could always send them all to Gitmo.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa137/gabriella8406/human_rights2.jpg

Trigg
10-26-2007, 12:21 PM
I suppose we could always send them all to Gitmo.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa137/gabriella8406/human_rights2.jpg

A little history on gitmo, seems Clinton wasn't innocent either. It seems that, thanks to Clinton, the foreign prisoners do not have due process.

http://www.slate.com/id/2132979/?nav=ais

A smidgen of history: Our first Guantanamo detention camp was established in the late stages of the George H.W. Bush presidency. The detainees there weren't terror suspects, but 300 innocent Haitian refugees seeking safe haven from the military regime that ousted Haiti's democratically elected leader, Jean-Bertrand Aristide, in September 1991. These refugees—brought to Guantanamo after the U.S. Coast Guard intercepted their vessels on the high seas between Haiti and Cuba—faced a terrible predicament. In interviews with U.S. immigration officials, they'd all proved a legitimate fear of political persecution were they to be returned to Haiti. Under U.S. policy, they should have been promptly flown to the American mainland (as were a number of other Haitians). But then this small group of men, women, and children also tested positive for HIV. Fear of AIDS was still extreme at that time, and the Bush administration refused to let these hapless refugees into the country. So, instead they were detained in a remote corner of Guantanamo with no prospect of release.

All this would only seem to give Democrats more ammunition to criticize the president today: like father, like son. But of course, the Bush dynasty was interrupted by Bill Clinton in 1992—and his record on Guantanamo was an ugly one. Despite signals on the campaign trail that he intended to shut down the camp, Clinton changed his mind. As a result, the refugees remained, even after he assumed office, in leaky barracks with poor sanitation, surrounded by razor wire and guard towers. They responded with a hunger strike, and after raucous protests against their confinement, a number were thrown in the naval brig as if they were criminals. (Here's a videotape of a crackdown against the Haitians while Bush I was still running the camp.) Worse still, federal authorities refused to release the sickest Haitians, even though military physicians on Guantanamo lacked the means to treat them.

the Clinton administration finally shut down the camp and allowed the Haitians to come to the United States. At the same time, though, the administration managed to undo the new precedent recognizing due process rights for foreigners on Guantanamo.