PDA

View Full Version : Garage wouldn't serve soldier (uk)

mrg666
10-25-2007, 12:50 AM
AN ASIAN worker at a BP filling station provoked fury by turning away a soldier because he was in uniform.

The shocked Army officer – wearing combat fatigues – was told to go away and change before he could buy beer from the service station shop.

But witnesses claimed the snub was due to the attendant’s antiwar views.

The incident is the latest in a series of blows to Forces personnel, who feel neglected by the nation.

The officer is a captain with 16 Air Assault Brigade, whose 5,000 troops fought heroically against the Taliban in Afghanistan last summer.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article380310.ece

glockmail
10-25-2007, 05:55 AM
When I end up next to a uniformed soldier I buy him his lunch. :salute:

PostmodernProphet
10-25-2007, 07:49 AM
I would say that the gas station worker should be free to exercise his opinion of other's actions......as should his employer.....as should his employer's previous customers.......

Gaffer
10-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Asian in Britain mean a pakistani or that general area, and usually means he's a mulsim as well. Sounds like that BP station needs some special attention from its customers.

mrg666
10-25-2007, 10:29 AM
I would say that the gas station worker should be free to exercise his opinion of other's actions......as should his employer.....as should his employer's previous customers.......

outside of work he's free to do whatever he likes if its legal however in work
he should just do his job . the company he works for made a pathetic attempt at an excuse "we fired him " was the only acceptable one with a silent tip off to the anti terrorist squad , its sickening

darin
10-25-2007, 10:42 AM

If I did that, I'd go broke! Ever see the line at an on-post Burger King at lunch time? Yowsers! :)

However, when I'm in line in front of an E4 or below, I often buy their lunch...cuz...they are the folk who make it happen.

:D

Hagbard Celine
10-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Jesus, I should join the military for the free lunch benefits. Mmmm. Burger King....

darin
10-25-2007, 10:50 AM
if I saw you there, I'd make you buy lunch for ME. :)

glockmail
10-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Asian in Britain mean a pakistani or that general area, and usually means he's a mulsim as well. Sounds like that BP station needs some special attention from its customers.
Good point. When I reas "asian" I naturally thought "chink". Hoodwinked by the MSM yet again. :o

Hagbard Celine
10-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Good point. When I reas "asian" I naturally thought "chink". Hoodwinked by the MSM yet again. :o

Could be a Malaysian. They are majority Muslim. I hate speculation about things like this though. Could be he's just a guy who's really passionate about being anti-war. It was definately a d*ck move though.

darin
10-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Could be a Malaysian.

I used to date an American-Polynesian...you know...an Am-Nesian. She kept forgetting my name.

Immanuel
10-25-2007, 11:03 AM

I agree the employer should be free to put the employee on the unemployment line. :lol:

Immie

glockmail
10-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Could be a Malaysian. They are majority Muslim. I hate speculation about things like this though. Could be he's just a guy who's really passionate about being anti-war. It was definately a d*ck move though.
His race doesn't matter. But his chosen religion may be the reason he's such a slime ball, and the MSM is likely hiding that little fact.

Hagbard Celine
10-25-2007, 11:56 AM
His race doesn't matter. But his chosen religion may be the reason he's such a slime ball, and the MSM is likely hiding that little fact.

Oh lay off the MSM. It's made up of people just like you and me. Besides, if you read the article, everything in it comes down on the side of the soldier and the tone even seems skeptical of the sincerity of BP's apology. If the clerk is in fact a Muslim, the editors probably chose to leave it out not only because it might inflame unfair animosity toward the whole of the Muslim community but also because this one clerk, even if he is Muslim, can't be made to represent the attitudes of all his fellow Muslims. That's called stereotyping. I know a lot of you disagree with me and the MSM here, but it's probably the most responsible decision they could've made with this story, plus, it isn't really relevant imo. The real issue is that this one guy was a d*ck to this soldier. And to be honest, when you break it down like that it isn't really anything at all but some gas clerk being a d*ck. Maybe if there were documented, multiple cases of Muslims refusing service to troops, then the story would be "Muslim community shuns troops" but this is just an isolated incidence and regardless of your personal prejudices, it isn't definative proof of a wider problem--that is to say, you can't exactly jump to shame the entire Muslim population for this incident.

hjmick
10-25-2007, 11:58 AM

It's dinners for me. I never go out for lunch.

mrg666
10-25-2007, 12:05 PM
it's a sign of the contempt held by the muslim community towards the home land(s) that they have seeked sanction in,
be it the uk / us / france etc
its not just the anti war its everything

theHawk
10-25-2007, 01:36 PM

LOL, yup. Just like how those riots in France were caused by "youths". The media is too afraid to tell the truth if it will piss of Muzzies. Instead of reporting the facts they smudge the truth. Exposing the truth of the Muslim threat to Western society doesn't mesh with the MSM's own political agendas.

glockmail
10-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Oh lay off the MSM. It's made up of people just like you and me. Besides, if you read the article, everything in it comes down on the side of the soldier and the tone even seems skeptical of the sincerity of BP's apology. If the clerk is in fact a Muslim, the editors probably chose to leave it out not only because it might inflame unfair animosity toward the whole of the Muslim community but also because this one clerk, even if he is Muslim, can't be made to represent the attitudes of all his fellow Muslims. That's called stereotyping. I know a lot of you disagree with me and the MSM here, but it's probably the most responsible decision they could've made with this story, plus, it isn't really relevant imo. The real issue is that this one guy was a d*ck to this soldier. And to be honest, when you break it down like that it isn't really anything at all but some gas clerk being a d*ck. Maybe if there were documented, multiple cases of Muslims refusing service to troops, then the story would be "Muslim community shuns troops" but this is just an isolated incidence and regardless of your personal prejudices, it isn't definative proof of a wider problem--that is to say, you can't exactly jump to shame the entire Muslim population for this incident. Ill have to give you credit, for once you came up with a good point. Although you took enough words to say it. :laugh2:

mrg666
10-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Oh lay off the MSM. It's made up of people just like you and me. Besides, if you read the article, everything in it comes down on the side of the soldier and the tone even seems skeptical of the sincerity of BP's apology. If the clerk is in fact a Muslim, the editors probably chose to leave it out not only because it might inflame unfair animosity toward the whole of the Muslim community but also because this one clerk, even if he is Muslim, can't be made to represent the attitudes of all his fellow Muslims. That's called stereotyping. I know a lot of you disagree with me and the MSM here, but it's probably the most responsible decision they could've made with this story, plus, it isn't really relevant imo. The real issue is that this one guy was a d*ck to this soldier. And to be honest, when you break it down like that it isn't really anything at all but some gas clerk being a d*ck. Maybe if there were documented, multiple cases of Muslims refusing service to troops, then the story would be "Muslim community shuns troops" but this is just an isolated incidence and regardless of your personal prejudices, it isn't definative proof of a wider problem--that is to say, you can't exactly jump to shame the entire Muslim population for this incident.

when that stops we are are in big trouble

manu1959
10-25-2007, 02:07 PM

tell me....where is there an article from the MSM praising the troops ?....condeming muslims......those pussies won't even publish cartoons....

as for stereotyping....you are reverse stereotyping.....

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2007, 02:41 PM
I hope that worker gets a beat down, for acting like an asshole. And everyone stops using that gas station.

AN ASIAN worker at a BP filling station provoked fury by turning away a soldier because he was in uniform.

The shocked Army officer – wearing combat fatigues – was told to go away and change before he could buy beer from the service station shop.

But witnesses claimed the snub was due to the attendant’s antiwar views.

The incident is the latest in a series of blows to Forces personnel, who feel neglected by the nation.

The officer is a captain with 16 Air Assault Brigade, whose 5,000 troops fought heroically against the Taliban in Afghanistan last summer.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article380310.ece