PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana going Red

-Cp
10-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Huh... and here I thought Katrina's fallout was all Bush's fault and the republican party.... Seems as if the actual citizens of that state have learned that not to be the case :)

http://www.economist.com/world/na/displaystory.cfm?story_id=10024699

10-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Let's just hope they can do something to eliminate the widespread corruption in that state.

hjmick
10-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Let's just hope they can do something to eliminate the widespread corruption in that state.

Whoa whoa whoa...Hold on now. How long have the Dems had control of the stae? How long have they been funneling money into their own pockets and freezers? It's time for the Republicans to get their slice of the pie, at least for a short time.

:sarcasm: (At least I hope it's sarcasm)

typomaniac
10-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Huh... and here I thought Katrina's fallout was all Bush's fault and the republican party.... Seems as if the actual citizens of that state have learned that not to be the case :)

Wash away all the poor neighborhoods and that's what happens. :poke:

Good luck to them when they find out that the state can't function with only stockbrokers and lawyers.

glockmail
10-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Wash away all the poor neighborhoods and that's what happens. :poke:

Good luck to them when they find out that the state can't function with only stockbrokers and lawyers.

Is that the source of your hatred? Class envy?

typomaniac
10-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Is that the source of your hatred? Class envy?

No. It's other people's out-of-control greed at anyone else's expense.

Most rich people give generously to various causes, and I have no problem with them at all.

glockmail
10-26-2007, 03:31 PM
No. It's other people's out-of-control greed at anyone else's expense.

Most rich people give generously to various causes, and I have no problem with them at all.
Someone's a stockbroker or a lawyer and they are automatically greedy? And republican? Or are just republican stockbrokers and lawyers greedy?

typomaniac
10-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Someone's a stockbroker or a lawyer and they are automatically greedy? And republican? Or are just republican stockbrokers and lawyers greedy?

Even you are smart enough to know that I said nothing remotely like this.

glockmail
10-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Even you are smart enough to know that I said nothing remotely like this.
Then clue me in on who is greedy and shit in the GOP.

typomaniac
10-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Then clue me in on who is greedy and shit in the GOP.

Dick Cheney. Tom DeLay. Jeff Skilling.
The list goes on, but you get the idea.

glockmail
10-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Dick Cheney. Tom DeLay. Jeff Skilling.
The list goes on, but you get the idea.
Yes I do. Basically you have a list of names and an accusation withou basis.

So what's so bad about greed? Greed is good for a capitalist society, isn't it?

actsnoblemartin
10-26-2007, 09:05 PM
its about dam time :dance:

typomaniac
10-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Yes I do. Basically you have a list of names and an accusation withou basis.

So what's so bad about greed? Greed is good for a capitalist society, isn't it?

Greed is neither good nor bad: it's just an emotion, like bliss or anger.

I see you're still in :lalala: mode, as always.

glockmail
10-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Greed is neither good nor bad: it's just an emotion, like bliss or anger.

I see you're still in :lalala: mode, as always. It looks like it is you in la-la. My comment was about greed in its relation to capitalism. So either you dodged the question or swung and missed!:laugh2:

typomaniac
10-30-2007, 02:54 PM
It looks like it is you in la-la. My comment was about greed in its relation to capitalism. So either you dodged the question or swung and missed!:laugh2:

I didn't dodge the question at all (even though accusing me of doing so is your new favorite tactic). I said "Greed is neither good nor bad." That's about as direct an answer as you could get.

glockmail
10-30-2007, 02:59 PM
I didn't dodge the question at all (even though accusing me of doing so is your new favorite tactic). I said "Greed is neither good nor bad." That's about as direct an answer as you could get. With respect to capitalism, greed is the engine that makes it work. Therefore it is good. :coffee:

typomaniac
10-30-2007, 03:01 PM
With respect to capitalism, greed is the engine that makes it work. Therefore it is good. :coffee:

"Greed is the engine?" How in the unholy fuck do you arrive at THAT conclusion?

glockmail
10-30-2007, 03:04 PM
"Greed is the engine?" How in the unholy fuck do you arrive at THAT conclusion? Econ 101.

typomaniac
10-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Econ 101.

:lol:

That's like saying, "Anger is the engine that makes warfare work. Military Science 101."

(Oh wait, you probably believe that, too...)

glockmail
10-30-2007, 06:42 PM
:lol:

That's like saying, "Anger is the engine that makes warfare work. Military Science 101."

(Oh wait, you probably believe that, too...) Nice deflection.

manu1959
10-30-2007, 09:47 PM

http://www.economist.com/world/na/displaystory.cfm?story_id=10024699

the left accuses the right of their own failures.....they have done it over and over and over.....

typomaniac
10-31-2007, 12:01 PM
the left accuses the right of their own failures.....they have done it over and over and over.....

And the right blames whatever's going wrong on everybody but themselves. They've never done anything else.