PDA

View Full Version : To the Catholics

Said1
10-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Now be honest. Did any of you ever lie in confession? I've asked this question before and have gotten lots of yeses. I'll admit I did.

82Marine89
10-26-2007, 08:35 PM
As a kid.

actsnoblemartin
10-26-2007, 09:24 PM
I thought all humans lied lol

As a kid.

diuretic
10-27-2007, 12:29 AM
Now be honest. Did any of you ever lie in confession? I've asked this question before and have gotten lots of yeses. I'll admit I did.

Damn right I did. I had to go to confession every Friday afternoon (because I was an altar boy and was let out of school early for Benediction). I used to get in the confessional and think, "damn I've been perfect all week, what the heck do I tell the confessor?" So then I'd make up a story about how I was bad and then tell the confessor. I got absolved for my non-sins but my little white lie slid by. How's that for a conundrum? I'm surprised I didn't get de-frocked. :laugh2:

JohnDoe
10-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Nope. I might have left "out" things, but never lied about them.... :eek:

Eventually, my last confession before I was excommunicated (due to a divorce and remarrying 6 years later), I confessed it all....every single sin that I could think of that I did since birth....it was with a visiting Monsegnor who was giving confessions on a Saturday. I waited till everyone was done with their confessions so I was the last parishioner in the booth... I began, Bless me Father for I have sinned and it has been....(then I started to cry).... and it has been 10 years since my last TRUE Confession.... (now I am sobbing, forget the crying)....I got no further than that, when the Monsegnor stopped me and asked me if I wanted to do this confession face to face with him, instead of behind the screen.... I THOUGHT, NO, NO, NO, NO.....I do NOT want to do this face to face, and out of my mouth came my answer to him, "Yes" and the Monsegnor pulled a chair in to his booth and sat me down facing him.... Oh Dear Lord!!! It was time for me to be honest, about everything, and I didn't think I would be able to do it....I was shaking and crying so hard, I could hardly get a word out of my mouth... the monsegnor grabbed my hands and held them, it actually looked like he was going to cry just by watching me sob and I hadn't confessed a single sin yet!!!!

Then I did. They just flowed right out of my mouth...still sobbing, but able to say them...things I had even forgotten about, flashed before me and came right out of my mouth....

The Monsegnor squeezed my hands and said to me, my Dear, Christ died for your sins, God gave you a Savior, your sins have already been forgiven....you need to forgive yourself, it is a slap in the face to God if you continue to hold on to your sins so tightly, when God Himself has forgiven you.

It was the best confession and only confession that I gave that was truely honest, that covered all. For the first time in my life, I think I really understood the Shedding of Jesus's blood for my sins....I know I thought I understood it before this confession, but I really hadn't before then.

Two days later, I married my soul mate, in his nondenominational Bible Study Community Church. And I was excommunicated from the Catholic church, for this marriage....I no longer could receive communion in the Catholic Church.

Sad really, that I received such an enlightening gift from this Monsegnor with my true confession, only to be discarded, 2 days later....oh well, that is what bureaucracy of a Church can do, I suppose? :(

jd

gabosaurus
10-27-2007, 11:22 AM
The confession booth seems like a very good place to engage in sex with a priest. Who would suspect?

JohnDoe
10-27-2007, 11:28 AM
The confession booth seems like a very good place to engage in sex with a priest. Who would suspect?
and where did this opinion of yours come from gabby?

i never heard of even the pedofile priests engaging in sex in the confessional booth?

jd

diuretic
10-27-2007, 06:24 PM

Unless there's a secret trapdoor in the floor that people can sneak in and out of.....no :laugh2: You front up and in you go, everyone can see you open the door of the confessional but of course no-one can hear the conversation (hopefully).

jd - I'm glad you had your personal revelation, I'm sad the church didn't support you.

Guernicaa
10-27-2007, 06:45 PM
I never went, and still don't go to confession.

Actually I never really go to church either.

I'm Catholic culturally.

diuretic
10-27-2007, 07:02 PM
I never went, and still don't go to confession.

Actually I never really go to church either.

I'm Catholic culturally.

I'm Catholic reluctantly, they won't let me resign.

Said1
10-27-2007, 07:12 PM

Wow, your constant preoccupation with sex is very telling. I almost think you're the one who has been exposed to inappropiate sexual acts, you little sociopath. You'd be surprised at how much you reveal through your cheesy little internet persona. I like how you cry about sexist comments when you're the one always dropping sexual remarks and innuendo into almost EVERY thread. Get a life. You're a phoney and an idiot. :laugh2:

It's funny, but I've never set foot inside a confessional. I sat in a chair, quite far from the priest, like all the other kids.

Said1
10-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Nope. I might have left "out" things, but never lied about them.... :eek:

Eventually, my last confession before I was excommunicated (due to a divorce and remarrying 6 years later), I confessed it all....every single sin that I could think of that I did since birth....it was with a visiting Monsegnor who was giving confessions on a Saturday. I waited till everyone was done with their confessions so I was the last parishioner in the booth... I began, Bless me Father for I have sinned and it has been....(then I started to cry).... and it has been 10 years since my last TRUE Confession.... (now I am sobbing, forget the crying)....I got no further than that, when the Monsegnor stopped me and asked me if I wanted to do this confession face to face with him, instead of behind the screen.... I THOUGHT, NO, NO, NO, NO.....I do NOT want to do this face to face, and out of my mouth came my answer to him, "Yes" and the Monsegnor pulled a chair in to his booth and sat me down facing him.... Oh Dear Lord!!! It was time for me to be honest, about everything, and I didn't think I would be able to do it....I was shaking and crying so hard, I could hardly get a word out of my mouth... the monsegnor grabbed my hands and held them, it actually looked like he was going to cry just by watching me sob and I hadn't confessed a single sin yet!!!!

Then I did. They just flowed right out of my mouth...still sobbing, but able to say them...things I had even forgotten about, flashed before me and came right out of my mouth....

The Monsegnor squeezed my hands and said to me, my Dear, Christ died for your sins, God gave you a Savior, your sins have already been forgiven....you need to forgive yourself, it is a slap in the face to God if you continue to hold on to your sins so tightly, when God Himself has forgiven you.

It was the best confession and only confession that I gave that was truely honest, that covered all. For the first time in my life, I think I really understood the Shedding of Jesus's blood for my sins....I know I thought I understood it before this confession, but I really hadn't before then.

Two days later, I married my soul mate, in his nondenominational Bible Study Community Church. And I was excommunicated from the Catholic church, for this marriage....I no longer could receive communion in the Catholic Church.

Sad really, that I received such an enlightening gift from this Monsegnor with my true confession, only to be discarded, 2 days later....oh well, that is what bureaucracy of a Church can do, I suppose? :(

jd

Pretty intense to say the least. No way to have the marraige enulled(SP??)

JohnDoe
10-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Pretty intense to say the least. No way to have the marraige enulled(SP??)
I am certain that I could have gotten the marriage annuled, looking back on it now... but at the time I was very young, married at 19 to a never married Catholic who was nearing a decade older than me and I was divorced within 3 years.... I just thought that I would be single the rest of my life as the Church requested when divorced, I didn't have the money to file for it or the time to file for one because I was on my own at that point, had a career to build, if I wanted any of the finer things in life, and a roof overhead and food on the table, I had to get them on my lonesome with no hubby to help... was my attitude and I delved myself in to advancing my career...to HECK with men! hahahaha....

Then, cupid's arrow, met my husband to be...actually I knew him for years, he was a best buddy...knew all about his bad girlfriend experiences and good ones too, and he with mine...we worked for the same company, he got transfered to Tampa Division of the Company, we stayed in touch via phone, I was in ft lauderdale division, which a year later closed, the company kept me and transfered me to Tampa Division, he had lost over 50lbs and looked great...hahahaha, I mean, that was it...cupid's arrow struck...been with him for 17 years now...never looked back on the first marriage, never felt it was a marriage at all...

This is what I mean regarding bureaucracy of the Church....in order for it "all" to be legal within the Church, I just see it as bullcrud now....

jd

TheSage
10-28-2007, 06:34 AM

jd

HIS nondenominational bible study church? So you were excommunicated for gay marriage? Thats so funny considering all the queers in the priesthood.

JohnDoe
10-28-2007, 07:30 AM
HIS nondenominational bible study church? So you were excommunicated for gay marriage? Thats so funny considering all the queers in the priesthood.You silly soul! John Doe is really Jane Doe's alias..... I am female. :laugh2:

KarlMarx
10-28-2007, 07:38 AM
Wait... I know you!

You had the lead role in "Night of the Brain Dead"!

I swear if brains were dynamite, you wouldn't have enough to blow your nose.

Abbey Marie
10-28-2007, 02:51 PM
I was raised Catholic, but as I grew up, I could not understand why Catholics feel the need for an intermediary between themselves and God to confess their sins. Why the apparent assumption that God can't or won't listen to us directly? :dunno:

diuretic
10-29-2007, 04:45 AM
Because the church said so? I don't mean that to be simplistic, think about it for a minute. It's the difference between the Quaker experience and the Catholic experience. You want power, control, sound, light and a really, really good show - Catholic, but you have to surrender yourself to the church. You want to commune with your God without all the other stuff - you go Quaker.

darin
10-29-2007, 10:26 AM

User removed from thread