PDA

View Full Version : Smokers

Guernicaa
10-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Why do you smoke? I know your addicted, but why wont you quit?

Classact
10-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Why do you smoke? I know your addicted, but why wont you quit?I started smoking as a teen... it was really cool then... girls and other guys would apologize for not smoking making excuses like I have asthma or I tried it but it made me sick. Every home in America had a nice ashtray on the living room coffee table, even the non smoking families.

To your question... I quit for ten months in the worst of conditions and then in a very stressful event I started smoking again. That was maybe 18 years ago... then in the year 2000 I quit for ten months and started smoking cigars, the flavored ones... it drove my wife crazy to the point she screamed I'd rather you smoke cigs... so I did. Then in May of this year I went to the VA and this doctor told me the best way to quit and so I did... He said the best way to quit is to fool your brain by smoking only for 7-11 seconds and then cut the cig with scissors and act as if you smoked an entire cig... it worked great and soon I quit... about six weeks ago I decided life was missing one of my favorite vices and I used the doctors quitting plan to have the best of both worlds... I smoke 7 seconds and its out... hardly costs anything. I love cigs and they give me pleasure... and, yes I know how nasty they smell and make stuff smell but they are simply a wonderful friend.

Gaffer
10-27-2007, 05:57 PM
I like the taste.

Yurt
10-27-2007, 07:50 PM

Why do you smoke reefer?

OCA
10-28-2007, 09:22 AM

Why do you have liberal views? I know you are addicted but why don't ya change?