PDA

View Full Version : Timeline for Wilson's mission has been wrong (updated)

stephanie
02-07-2007, 10:28 PM
SNIP:
February 07, 2007
Timeline for Wilson's mission has been wrong (updated)
Clarice Feldman

From the outset, Joseph Wilson IV has insisted he was sent to Niger at the Vice President's behest. As more facts about the trip became known and the Vice President vehemently denied this claim, the scenario appeared that the CIA sent him after Cheney raised a question in an intelligence report, and that the Vice President was utterly unaware of the Mission to Africa.

This notion was reinforced when the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (SSCI) reported that the agency managed to act remarkably quickly, approving the trip so close in time after the inquiry.

But we have just learned in the course of the Libby Trial that even that timeline is wrong:

(a) Plame recommended her husband for this trip before the vice president even asked about the report;

(b) the SSCI never knew this because the CIA never turned over her memorandum of recommendation to the committee.

Why did the agency hold back this information and allow this misstatement of fact to sit on the public record for so long?

Captain Ed and Byron York have the details. York writes:
The rest at:
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2007/02/timeline_for_wilsons_mission_h.html

Also Read

Russert on the Hot Seat
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2007/02/russert_on_the_hot_seat.html

jillian
02-07-2007, 10:34 PM
You do know, love, that this is the opposite of what the testimony showed, right?

I know...you're just joshin' us. :beer:

Gunny
02-07-2007, 10:51 PM
You do know, love, that this is the opposite of what the testimony showed, right?

I know...you're just joshin' us. :beer:

Not quite. Wilson was nobody. He got the job on a recommendation from his super-duper-secret so-deep-under-cover wife who drives in and out of the gate of CIA Hqtrs every day. You know ... the one that for some reason was "outted" after 3 and a half years when the usual time for covers to be kept is 2 years?

Yeah, that one.

I tossed link after link at you on the other board; which, you ignored, and a year or so later, you come back with the same song-n-dance. Tsk tsk .....