PDA

View Full Version : Those who get the facts wrong

truthmatters
10-28-2007, 09:53 AM
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/international_security_bt/102.php?nid=&id=&pnt=102&lb=brusc

An in-depth analysis of a series of polls conducted June through September found 48% incorrectly believed that evidence of links between Iraq and al Qaeda have been found, 22% that weapons of mass destruction have been found in Iraq, and 25% that world public opinion favored the US going to war with Iraq. Overall 60% had at least one of these three misperceptions.

Such misperceptions are highly related to support for the war. Among those with none of the misperceptions listed above, only 23% support the war. Among those with one of these misperceptions, 53% support the war, rising to 78% for those who have two of the misperceptions, and to 86% for those with all 3 misperceptions. Steven Kull, director of PIPA, comments, “While we cannot assert that these misperceptions created the support for going to war with Iraq, it does appear likely that support for the war would be substantially lower if fewer members of the public had these misperceptions.”

The frequency of Americans’ misperceptions varies significantly depending on their source of news. The percentage of respondents who had one or more of the three misperceptions listed above is shown below.

Said1
10-28-2007, 12:17 PM
:laugh2:

And no, I didn't read it. I just looked at he thread title then the thread starter and couldn't stop laughing.

Gaffer
10-28-2007, 01:14 PM
A lot of people didn't believe the liberal polls so they are all wrong in how they think. That makes sense.

April15
10-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Sorry but the republican conservatives here still do believe Iraq is the ones who hit the towers.

Gaffer
10-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Sorry but the republican conservatives here still do believe Iraq is the ones who hit the towers.

You really are an ignorant follower of the left aren't you.

MtnBiker
10-28-2007, 03:06 PM

Post a link to a quote of any conservative on this board that believes Iraq was resposible for the attack on 9/11 or retract your statement.

April15
10-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Post a link to a quote of any conservative on this board that believes Iraq was resposible for the attack on 9/11 or retract your statement.Here is where I live not on this board! I have no clue what any conservative on this board thinks.

Abbey Marie
10-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Here is where I live not on this board! I have no clue what any conservative on this board thinks.

Then how can you justify making this statement:

April15
10-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Then how can you justify making this statement:Because I am talking about the republicans and conservatives I know here in my town. Perhaps I use a different form of english but I would have considered here to be understood as in my real world.

Abbey Marie
10-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Because I am talking about the republicans and conservatives I know here in my town. Perhaps I use a different form of english but I would have considered here to be understood as in my real world.

When you are talking to people on this board, "here" is commonly understood to be on this board. But whatever; I get you now!

REDWHITEBLUE2
10-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Sorry but the republican conservatives here still do believe Iraq is the ones who hit the towers. :poke:Hey asshole PLEASE pull your head out of your ass. Saddam and Iraq supported the terrorists of 9-11 There was no Iraq's on the planes but yes they had their fingerprints all over 9-11

MtnBiker
10-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Because I am talking about the republicans and conservatives I know here in my town. Perhaps I use a different form of english but I would have considered here to be understood as in my real world.

Perhaps you do use a different form of english. All of the memebers on this board are real, the commonality that we share is that we all converse here on this board. To say that all of the conservatives of your town believe a certain thing is baseless and has no meaning in the context of debate on this board.

MtnBiker
10-28-2007, 03:50 PM
:poke:Hey asshole PLEASE pull your head out of your ass. Saddam and Iraq supported the terrorists of 9-11 There was no Iraq's on the planes but yes they had their fingerprints all over 9-11

I would disagree, there is no evidence that Saddam supported the 9/11 terrorists.

REDWHITEBLUE2
10-28-2007, 03:59 PM
I would disagree, there is no evidence that Saddam supported the 9/11 terrorists. did you forget the training planes found in Iraq that were used by AQ for training purposes

10-28-2007, 05:13 PM
except there was a connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda and WMDs were found (even if they werent the amounts expected).

How can someone be incorrect if they believe the truth?

manu1959
10-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Here is where I live not on this board! I have no clue what any conservative on this board thinks.

we thinks you are a loon ......

Gunny
10-28-2007, 10:22 PM

Really? Name one.

From all I've seen and heard, only lefties believed Iraq had anything to do with 9/11, and WAY after the fact for no more reason than to try and make bullshit accusations. Not because anyone really believed it.

Yurt
10-28-2007, 11:18 PM

Did you lie to me about what you do for a living? Or "did" for a living?