PDA

View Full Version : The new Witch Hunters?

Abbey Marie
10-28-2007, 02:36 PM
First there was Salem.

Then there was McCarthy

Both were all-out efforts to expose people for alleged bad behaviors, for the odd misspoken word or action. They were attempts to discredit and destroy those who might think differently. It occurred to me that we have modern-day witch hunters as well.

Vote for your top witch hunters.

82Marine89
10-28-2007, 02:50 PM
I say the liberal media since they need to create news. Being on the air 24/7 creates a need for something to talk about. The ACLU will only attack already politicized topics and Sharpton/Jackson only demonize white folk.

Abbey Marie
10-28-2007, 03:11 PM
It's hard to argue that it is not the liberal media. I chose the ACLU because through their endless lawsuits, they have made whole cities, towns, school districts, etc., change their constitutional behaviors, just out of fear of being sued.

actsnoblemartin
10-28-2007, 03:11 PM
It was a touch choice, but the aclu is public enemy #1 in my opinion.

First there was Salem.

Then there was McCarthy

Both were all-out efforts to expose people for alleged bad behaviors, for the odd misspoken word or action. They were attempts to discredit and destroy those who might think differently. It occurred to me that we have modern-day witch hunters as well.

Vote for your top witch hunters.

April15
10-28-2007, 03:18 PM
The patriotic bush appologizers.

Dilloduck
10-28-2007, 03:19 PM
You are excluding certain religious groups as a choice?

Abbey Marie
10-28-2007, 03:24 PM
You are excluding certain religious groups as a choice?

If you are referring to my poll choices, feel free to make your own poll that is more to your liking!

PostmodernProphet
10-28-2007, 05:28 PM
had to go with "liberal media".....sharpton and Jackson limit their investigations to race issues, and the ACLU to Christiantity....

I think you can focus more generally on the Dot Democrats.....MoveonDOTorg and SalonDOTcom....and lots of other dizzydots......

REDWHITEBLUE2
10-28-2007, 06:04 PM
it's gotta be the liberal media. the Drive by media makes up more lies and conspiracy's against the Right and then dumb asses drink the liberal kool-aid and post nonsense. LIBERALS are Americas home grown terrorists and if they get their way most of America will bow to mecca when the Muslims take over.hopefully America gets smart before these Liberal clowns take America down the path of communism

Pale Rider
10-28-2007, 06:54 PM
I say all three choices together are the devil incarnate.

But to pick just one, I think I'd have to say the liberal media. They're at it 24/7 as mentioned, and they probably do more to influence empty heads than the other two.

Yurt
10-28-2007, 11:21 PM
I say the liberal media since they need to create news. Being on the air 24/7 creates a need for something to talk about. The ACLU will only attack already politicized topics and Sharpton/Jackson only demonize white folk.

honky

Yurt
10-28-2007, 11:23 PM
It's hard to argue that it is not the liberal media. I chose the ACLU because through their endless lawsuits, they have made whole cities, towns, school districts, etc., change their constitutional behaviors, just out of fear of being sued.

Yes.

So, if you disagree with the ACLU, what do you think they call you? In other words, how can they justify a stance and yet, what is their stance given that others disagree with their stance.