PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Military: Iranian-Made Rockets Hit Base Near Baghdad

red states rule
10-29-2007, 07:05 AM
and yet, the left says Iran is not a major problem........

U.S. Military: Iranian-Made Rockets Hit Base Near Baghdad
Sunday, October 28, 2007

Rockets fired at a U.S. base southeast of Baghdad were manufactured in Iran, showing again that country’s continued logistical support for insurgents inside Iraq, U.S. military officials said on Saturday.

Nobody was injured in the October 23rd attack on Combat Outpost Cashe, but one U.S. vehicle was damaged, officials said.

According to the military, the 107mm rocket was made in Iran sometime in March. Troops investigating the launch site seized six rocket rails – used to aim and launch the rockets, an unfired rocket and a timing device.

The seized rocket is the 40th Iranian manufactured rocket that soldiers have captured in the last four months, the military said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,305686,00.html

retiredman
10-29-2007, 07:12 AM
I don't recall ever suggesting that Iran was not a "problem". I merely recall laughing at your assertions that Iran was backing Al Qaeda in Iraq in its fight against indigenous Iraqis, the vast majority of which are shiites supported by Iran.

and let's face it.... Iranian rockets would not be an issue in Iraq if we hadn't invaded.conquered and occupied them in the first place.

Nukeman
10-29-2007, 07:23 AM
I want to start be saying I in no way am condoning the fact that Iran is probably selling arms, but what the hell do we do every freaking day. If we stopped selling our arms to every phsyco out there most of the world wouldnt be quite so nicely armed now would they.

All I am saying is that we live in a very large glass house and the last thing we need is to start throwing those stones.

I find these type of articles very hypocriticle to say the least. Our government is guilty a hundred times over for this particular offense!!

Like I said dont get me wrong it is very wrong for Iran to be doing this just as it has been wrong for us to do this. If this is to stop we need to stop all shipments across the Iraqi borders plain and simple..

Gaffer
10-29-2007, 09:24 AM
I want to start be saying I in no way am condoning the fact that Iran is probably selling arms, but what the hell do we do every freaking day. If we stopped selling our arms to every phsyco out there most of the world wouldnt be quite so nicely armed now would they.

All I am saying is that we live in a very large glass house and the last thing we need is to start throwing those stones.

I find these type of articles very hypocriticle to say the least. Our government is guilty a hundred times over for this particular offense!!

Like I said dont get me wrong it is very wrong for Iran to be doing this just as it has been wrong for us to do this. If this is to stop we need to stop all shipments across the Iraqi borders plain and simple..

We don't sell arms to psyco countries. The biggest arms sellers are russia and china. We sell arms to friendly countries. And we don't sell them to countries attempting to take over other countries.

iran is making weapons to be used to attack our troops in iraq and afghanistan. They are supplying shite forces to take over the government, and al qaeda forces to kill Americans and create more unrest in the region. But don't let all that stand in the way of blaming America first.

Regardless of whether we have sold arms in the past and even now. Our enemy is supplying weapons to other enemies who are using those weapons.

manfrommaine I don't recall ever suggesting that Iran was not a "problem". I merely recall laughing at your assertions that Iran was backing Al Qaeda in Iraq in its fight against indigenous Iraqis, the vast majority of which are shiites supported by Iran.

and let's face it.... Iranian rockets would not be an issue in Iraq if we hadn't invaded.conquered and occupied them in the first place.

iran IS backing al qaeda. They are helping them attack our troops by supplying weapons. They also want to create as much unrest in iraq as they can. If you think they care about the people there you are a fool.

retiredman
10-29-2007, 09:30 AM
iran IS backing al qaeda. They are helping them attack our troops by supplying weapons. They also want to create as much unrest in iraq as they can. If you think they care about the people there you are a fool.

Iran is backing Al Qaeda in Iraq because you say so?

I think the fact of the matter is that Iran is backing shiite militias in Iraq.

darin
10-29-2007, 10:28 AM
MFM - why aren't you blaming George Bush yet?

retiredman
10-29-2007, 10:35 AM
MFM - why aren't you blaming George Bush yet?

dmp...why aren't you blaming Bill Clinton yet?

manu1959
10-29-2007, 10:39 AM
dmp...why aren't you blaming Bill Clinton yet?

because it is actually carters fault...

manu1959
10-29-2007, 10:41 AM
I don't recall ever suggesting that Iran was not a "problem". I merely recall laughing at your assertions that Iran was backing Al Qaeda in Iraq in its fight against indigenous Iraqis, the vast majority of which are shiites supported by Iran.

actually if the moors had not invaded europe we would not be having this discussion.....