PDA

View Full Version : Rifftrax

Hobbit
02-08-2007, 02:56 AM
In case anybody missed it on the other board, the MST3K guys have started a site called Rifftrax (http://www.rifftrax.com). At this site, you can buy audio files for $3 apiece that correspond to certain movies. Each file contains instructions on how to synch up the file to the movie, as well as a disembodied voice named 'Disembaudio' that will occasionally say a line of dialog with the movie to make sure you stay in synch. The audio file is the MST3K guys making fun of the movie, much like they did in the MST days. However, since they don't provide the movie, they've taken on the big movies, good and bad. So far, the list includes such titles as:

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
The Matrix
The Grudge
Daredevil
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
The Fellowship of the Ring
Halloween
X-Men
and even the scientology turd Battlefield Earth

It's hilarious. Try it and piss yourself laughing.

dan
02-10-2007, 10:36 PM
I love Mike Nelson. Back when I had cable, they had Roadhouse on demand, and I kept meaning to get the Rifftrax for that, because I've heard that that's the best one.

Hobbit
02-10-2007, 11:28 PM
I love Mike Nelson. Back when I had cable, they had Roadhouse on demand, and I kept meaning to get the Rifftrax for that, because I've heard that that's the best one.

Phantom Menace is the best one, though Roadhouse is definitely up here. The difference is that the Rifftrax are a lot better when there's multiple people, and Roadhouse is just mike. Three of the newest ones have all three MSTers, and one has Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka from Something Awful (if you've ever browsed their movie reviews, it's Troll 2). Be forwarned, though. After seeing The Phantom Menace with Rifftrax, you will be keenly aware of how utterly horrible the movie is.