PDA

View Full Version : Free meal for all Vets!!!

theHawk
10-31-2007, 09:16 AM
Golden Corral has been doing this for several years now. I think its pretty cool of them :salute:

Golden Coral Restaurants are conducting their seventh annual Military Appreciation Monday on November 12, 2007. On this day, all 486 restaurants across the country will offer a free "Thank You" dinner buffet and beverages from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. to any person who has served in the U.S. military.
A new component of this year's event is an essay contest open to anyone who has served or has a parent who has served in the military. Essays of 1,000 words or less should explain why the entrant is proud of their service or that of their parents. Three prizes, starting at $1,000 will be awarded to further the winners'educations. For more information visit the Golden Corral Restaurants website www.goldencorral.com/military/ .

I plan on being there!

Mr. P
10-31-2007, 10:10 AM
Golden Corral has been doing this for several years now. I think its pretty cool of them :salute:

I plan on being there!

WOW, that's GREAT! I don't see anything about proof, which means they are willing to give meals away to anyone for one night just to say THANKS to the real vets! That's corp. leadership, IMO! :clap: :salute:

darin
10-31-2007, 10:11 AM
I'd have to drive for a few hours to get there. But Neat policy!

Guernicaa
10-31-2007, 05:19 PM
"My daddy destroyed hundreds of other people’s lives. He stole their life from them, and got paid to do it. I'm so proud of my daddy! Two rights DEFFINETLY make a right in my dad’s case!!!!"

"Oh how wonderful!!...Here’s a thousand dollars!!!!!"

Pale Rider
10-31-2007, 05:23 PM
"My daddy destroyed hundreds of other people’s lives. He stole their life from them, and got paid to do it. I'm so proud of my daddy! Two rights DEFFINETLY make a right in my dad’s case!!!!"

"Oh how wonderful!!...Here’s a thousand dollars!!!!!"

I don't get it.... are you being sarcastic disrespecting the military for fighting, spilling their blood and dying to give you this great nation and your rights?

Or are you sincere?

actsnoblemartin
10-31-2007, 06:34 PM
Golden Corral

:salute:

I plan on being there!

Guernicaa
10-31-2007, 07:52 PM
I don't get it.... are you being sarcastic disrespecting the military for fighting, spilling their blood and dying to give you this great nation and your rights?

Or are you sincere?
Very sincere.

Honestly, if it meant my life ends for the sake of 100 people’s lives, I have no problem dying. I don't need their protection, and I dont expect it either.

"As a member of the clergy once eloquently said, 'let us not become the evil that we deplore'"

82Marine89
10-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Sorry, there are no locations for the state given. Please check your entry or try another state.

Just damn.

Guernicaa
10-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Just damn.
Aww too bad.

Gaffer
10-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Very sincere.

Honestly, if it meant my life ends for the sake of 100 people’s lives, I have no problem dying. I don't need their protection, and I dont expect it either.

"As a member of the clergy once eloquently said, 'let us not become the evil that we deplore'"

If I ever have the opportunity to let you die, you can be sure I will do so.

actsnoblemartin
10-31-2007, 08:19 PM
I really feel the love in this thread. :laugh2:

If I ever have the opportunity to let you die, you can be sure I will do so.

82Marine89
10-31-2007, 08:44 PM
Aww too bad.

No biggy. I don't need a free meal, I would like to go there and thank those that paved the way for me to be able to serve and give you the right to be an idiot.

Pale Rider
11-01-2007, 02:48 AM
Very sincere.

I still don't get it... but believe I know the reason why.

So, just to understand, you'd rather die so that 100 islamofacist terrorists can live?

Abbey Marie
11-01-2007, 10:36 AM
If we had a GC around here, we'd go that day and pay for our meal to support their generosity. :salute:

typomaniac
11-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Just damn.

There's probably one in Bakersfield. Or Fresno. :laugh2:

I'm thinking of going to the one in Tracy and seeing if they'll serve me for being 4F. Hell, it's not like I didn't try.