PDA

View Full Version : Sex offender mapsite

KarlMarx
10-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Just in time for Halloween...

I just got this from a fellow worker. I think those of you with kids can use this.

www.FamilyWatchDog.us (http://www.FamilyWatchDog.us)

<TT>When you visit this site you can enter your address and a map will pop up with your house as a small icon of a house. There will be red, blue and green dots surrounding your entire neighborhood. When you click on these dots a picture of a criminal will appear with his or her home address and the description of the crime he or she has committed. </TT>

<TT>The best thing is that you can show your children these pictures and see how close these people live to your home or school. </TT>

<TT>This site was developed by John Walsh from Americas Most Wanted. This is another tool we can use to help us keep our kids safe. </TT>

No1tovote4
10-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Just in time for Halloween...

I just got this from a fellow worker. I think those of you with kids can use this.

www.FamilyWatchDog.us (http://www.FamilyWatchDog.us)

<TT>When you visit this site you can enter your address and a map will pop up with your house as a small icon of a house. There will be red, blue and green dots surrounding your entire neighborhood. When you click on these dots a picture of a criminal will appear with his or her home address and the description of the crime he or she has committed. </TT>

<TT>The best thing is that you can show your children these pictures and see how close these people live to your home or school. </TT>

<TT>This site was developed by John Walsh from Americas Most Wanted. This is another tool we can use to help us keep our kids safe. </TT>
Danke.

darin
10-31-2007, 10:08 AM
Interesting - I know a CSO and he's not on the map. Maybe those are just offenses against kids? This guy was drunk at a bar and peeked into the woman's restroom I think. Because of that his life is ruined by having to 'register'. :(

Trinity
10-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Interesting - I know a CSO and he's not on the map. Maybe those are just offenses against kids? This guy was drunk at a bar and peeked into the woman's restroom I think. Because of that his life is ruined by having to 'register'. :(

Did you know that if you get caught urinating in public and someone sees you, and you are convicted of it you will be classified as a sex offender and have to register as well which will put you in the database......

Why your friend is not in there could be many reasons. Did this just happen recently? If not it could be that they have not got him entered into yet or could be a fluke, if thats the case lucky for him, I know several people in similar situations that are in the database and they get called child molesters all the time even though their crime never involved a child.

The whole point of the sex offender registry was to make people aware of where the predators and offenses against children live. So why do I come across all these others all the time who are in the database for crimes like the one you mentioned, or peeing in public, or any other one that does not fall into a child sex crime which is a child under the age of 13, or sexual predator or rapist.

The whole database system is quite laughable and very detrimental to people who's crimes are not quite as serious as molesting a child or rape.

It lumps them all into one category and if you don't know what their conviction was for then people assume they are a child molester. Wow talk about the scarlet letter.

jackass
10-31-2007, 04:04 PM
Alright!! 2 in my immediate area! Thats awesome!! Only one has to do with children...and I knew about him already, thanks to the ex-sherrif across the street!