PDA

View Full Version : Madrid terrorists will walk free...

theHawk
10-31-2007, 01:59 PM
Here's a liberal justice system at its best. Of all the convicted terrorists who murdered so many people on March 11, ALL of them will get to skip out of jail in a mere 40 years or less, because Spain has no death penalty NOR life imprisonment. :lame2:

MADRID, Spain - Three lead defendants in the 2004 Madrid train bombings were found guilty of mass murder and other charges Wednesday but four other top suspects were convicted on lesser charges and an accused ringleader was completely acquitted.

The verdicts were a partial victory for prosecutors, with 21 of the 28 people on trial convicted on at least some charges. Seven got off entirely, including an Egyptian who prosecutors said had bragged that he masterminded the March 11, 2004 blasts, which killed 191 people and injured more than 1,800.

The three lead suspects convicted of murder and attempted murder each received sentences ranging from 34,000 to 43,000 years in prison, although under Spanish law the most time they can spend in jail is 40 years. Spain has no death penalty or life imprisonment
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071031/ap_on_re_eu/spain_terror_trial

JohnDoe
10-31-2007, 03:29 PM
40 years is a fair sentence, I would have liked to have seen it for life of hard labor with no parole though....make the punishment felt, instead of killing them, where there is no long durations of pain, and misery for being in captivity....imo.

Monkeybone
10-31-2007, 07:12 PM
i don't know if that is parole....just that they can only keep them in there. is so, that is not enough. of course...they might get it in prision also..in more ways than one

Gaffer
10-31-2007, 08:29 PM
This is why it should not be done by law enforcement. It should be handled by the military with immediate executions of those captured.

The ring leader was actually acquitted and walked. The is need of a international vigilante organization that travels the world executing these shits.

Immanuel
10-31-2007, 09:11 PM
This is why it should not be done by law enforcement. It should be handled by the military with immediate executions of those captured.

The ring leader was actually acquitted and walked. The is need of a international vigilante organization that travels the world executing these shits.

And what happens when you or someone you love gets accused of being a terrorists?

Do you really want some member of the U.N. hunting your rear-end down and executing you without a trial?

Immie

Gaffer
10-31-2007, 09:40 PM
And what happens when you or someone you love gets accused of being a terrorists?

Do you really want some member of the U.N. hunting your rear-end down and executing you without a trial?

Immie

If caught in the act of doing something chicken shit like that, yeah. I said international vigilante, not un. The most the un would do is send me a letter threatening to send me another letter. I could pretty much do as I please for about 15 years with the un after me.

An asshole walked and now he's free to go do it again. How many will he kill next time?

Yurt
11-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Here's a liberal justice system at its best. Of all the convicted terrorists who murdered so many people on March 11, ALL of them will get to skip out of jail in a mere 40 years or less, because Spain has no death penalty NOR life imprisonment. :lame2:

The three lead suspects convicted of murder and attempted murder each received sentences ranging from 34,000 to 43,000 years in prison,

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071031/ap_on_re_eu/spain_terror_trial

Any country stupid enough to actually hand down a sentence beyond.... 12,000 years has got problems. I mean, seriously... and then to only allow a cap of 40!

theHawk
11-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Any country stupid enough to actually hand down a sentence beyond.... 12,000 years has got problems. I mean, seriously... and then to only allow a cap of 40!

Yup, liberalism at its finest!

Immanuel
11-01-2007, 02:27 PM
If caught in the act of doing something chicken shit like that, yeah. I said international vigilante, not un. The most the un would do is send me a letter threatening to send me another letter. I could pretty much do as I please for about 15 years with the un after me.

An asshole walked and now he's free to go do it again. How many will he kill next time?

International Community/U.N. about the same difference although you are right, the U.N. is incompetent.

My point is I don't want some elite group of vigilantes going around deciding who is a terrorist and who isn't.

Oh and by the way, 40 years is not enough for what these people did. Life at a minnimum and a short one at that would be the best ending at the end of a rope.

Immie

darin
11-01-2007, 02:31 PM
40 years is a fair sentence, I would have liked to have seen it for life of hard labor with no parole though....make the punishment felt, instead of killing them, where there is no long durations of pain, and misery for being in captivity....imo.

I thought you were a christian?

Yurt
11-01-2007, 08:18 PM
International Community/U.N. about the same difference although you are right, the U.N. is incompetent.

My point is I don't want some elite group of vigilantes going around deciding who is a terrorist and who isn't.
Oh and by the way, 40 years is not enough for what these people did. Life at a minnimum and a short one at that would be the best ending at the end of a rope.

Immie

So who decides? A bunch of people in an ivory tower?

Immanuel
11-01-2007, 08:21 PM
So who decides? A bunch of people in an ivory tower?

I don't care, but I don't want some murderous SOB with a gun and a chip on his shoulder hunting people down for sport and pretending he is an international vigilante.

Immie

Gaffer
11-01-2007, 08:48 PM
I don't care, but I don't want some murderous SOB with a gun and a chip on his shoulder hunting people down for sport and pretending he is an international vigilante.

Immie

I don't either, but if the courts aren't going to handle it then another method must be used.

Immanuel
11-01-2007, 09:05 PM
I don't either, but if the courts aren't going to handle it then another method must be used.

Well, we can always try what the Lord's disciples tried!

Luke 9:53-54

53but the people there did not welcome him, because he was heading for Jerusalem. 54When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, "Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them?

Wait a minute, that sounds contradicting. That would make us the vigilantes.

Oh well, I don't have a good solution yet, but I still don't want that SOB with a gun and a chip on his shoulder chasing me down. :laugh2:

Immie