PDA

View Full Version : Well, well, well... Pm's not read huh?

jimnyc
02-08-2007, 06:15 AM
These are threads/guidelines that Greg Bernhardt has posted on 2 of his other forums.

Does anyone STILL truly think this prick isn't violating the privacy of others at USMB? At least he warned users at other forums. I think this dishonesty is disgusting, to say the least. Personally, I find it disgusting even with a warning.

PM Guidelines:
If exclusively personal contact is needed, use the Private Message system. Do not post a topic where only one member is expected to answer. The administrator reserves the right to, and can, view all private messages.

http://www.talkroot.com/showthread.php?t=348
http://www.cool-teens.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28978

jimnyc
02-08-2007, 07:07 AM
Posted similarly over there, Kathianne conveniently and immediately locked the thread, although surprisingly she didn't delete it. She did go as far as to say that it should be privately asked via PM about the situation, and that anyone who starts a thread about it will have it deleted and banned.

So they can't ask openly in the discussion, because threads have been locked. Can't start a new thread, or will be banned. Must ask privately. I wonder what the big secret is?

She's also insinuating that I am forcing a board war and that I have motives for my 'outting' of Greg's practices.

Yes, I do have a motive, to make my friends aware of how their privacy is being breached without any warning. I spent 3 years of my life building that board into what it WAS, and gaining the respect of the members. Some may have hated me for my views but most respected me for the way I ran things and the way I allowed members input in just about everything about the board. Greg came in, solicited nothing from the members and immediately started making changes to his liking. Ok, fine, he paid for that right. But to take away the privacy of the members that I worked so hard to get to remain there is wrong, and quite frankly, insulting to me and all of those who have put their trust in me.

Dilloduck
02-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Posted similarly over there, Kathianne conveniently and immediately locked the thread, although surprisingly she didn't delete it. She did go as far as to say that it should be privately asked via PM about the situation, and that anyone who starts a thread about it will have it deleted and banned.

So they can't ask openly in the discussion, because threads have been locked. Can't start a new thread, or will be banned. Must ask privately. I wonder what the big secret is?

She's also insinuating that I am forcing a board war and that I have motives for my 'outting' of Greg's practices.

Yes, I do have a motive, to make my friends aware of how their privacy is being breached without any warning. I spent 3 years of my life building that board into what it WAS, and gaining the respect of the members. Some may have hated me for my views but most respected me for the way I ran things and the way I allowed members input in just about everything about the board. Greg came in, solicited nothing from the members and immediately started making changes to his liking. Ok, fine, he paid for that right. But to take away the privacy of the members that I worked so hard to get to remain there is wrong, and quite frankly, insulting to me and all of those who have put their trust in me.

So the AK-47 you sent me wasn't for what I thought it was? :laugh:

jimnyc
02-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Posted similarly over there, Kathianne conveniently and immediately locked the thread, although surprisingly she didn't delete it.

So much for that! I guess Greg didn't want the member base knowing how he reads PM's on his other boards and has popped on and deleted the thread. Very sad and very lame at the same time.

Dilloduck
02-08-2007, 09:36 AM
So much for that! I guess Greg didn't want the member base knowing how he reads PM's on his other boards and has popped on and deleted the thread. Very sad and very lame at the same time.

You regret selling it now, dontcha.

Jon
02-08-2007, 10:17 AM
I posted this:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23&stc=1&d=1170947681

within a few minutes I got this response:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24&stc=1&d=1170947695

Absolutely amazing. :lame2:

Mr. P
02-08-2007, 11:15 AM
I’m gonna bet the new owner is about 5’2” and has the Napoleon complex.:banned:

5stringJeff
02-08-2007, 11:40 AM
She did go as far as to say that it should be privately asked via PM about the situation, and that anyone who starts a thread about it will have it deleted and banned.

So now there's a gag rule about the "privacy" of PMs? What do they have to hide? Oh... wait...

Dilloduck
02-08-2007, 01:28 PM
It's pretty simple really --totalitarianism--love it or leave it.

Mr. P
02-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Buy a good site then 'toss the baby with the bath water'..what a businessman! NOT.:no:

Dilloduck
02-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Buy a good site then 'toss the baby with the bath water'..what a businessman! NOT.:no:

How much money do you think these sites make anyway?

Mr. P
02-08-2007, 03:00 PM

I'd guess not much but I really don't know.

jimnyc
02-08-2007, 04:51 PM
You regret selling it now, dontcha.

Nope! Those that I have the most respect for are members here and I still have the opportunity to interact with them daily. I would have had no issue if members wanted to post at both boards, but if this 6'0 140lb skinny prick wants to lower the quality of USMB, and push members away in droves, that is his right.

jimnyc
02-08-2007, 04:54 PM
I’m gonna bet the new owner is about 5’2” and has the Napoleon complex.:banned:

Read prior post, much taller but about the weight of someone at 5'2 :)

jimnyc
02-08-2007, 04:58 PM

Not as much as you might think! I guess if I was more aggressive, and solicited monthly text/banner links then it could increase. Adding popups/popunders would also add to the income. There are many ways to make money from forums but most can be considered ugly to the everyday member.

Sites about 'Law' or other high paying avenues have a much better chance of monetary gain.

My idea was to make this new board 100% add free, but times are real bad for me right now and I'd like to be able to at least afford hosting fees without having to beg members for donations!

jackass
02-08-2007, 05:23 PM
My idea was to make this new board 100% add free, but times are real bad for me right now and I'd like to be able to at least afford hosting fees without having to beg members for donations!

Do whatcha gotta do brother!! You can always take them away later right?

jimnyc
02-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Do whatcha gotta do brother!! You can always take them away later right?

Absolutely, but at least I think the ads that are here now are the least intrusive to members.

jillian
02-08-2007, 05:42 PM
I don't care what you do either, Jim. You make it work any way you have to.

I wouldn't even care if you do those ads that pop up when you log in as long as you can opt to skip the ad and tell us in advance that's what's gonna happen.

jimnyc
02-08-2007, 06:09 PM
I don't care what you do either, Jim. You make it work any way you have to.

I wouldn't even care if you do those ads that pop up when you log in as long as you can opt to skip the ad and tell us in advance that's what's gonna happen.

I absolutely despise popups and they'll never ever be here. Users should never be 'forced' to view anything, IMO.

Gaffer
02-08-2007, 06:28 PM
I dispise popups too. But the other ads don't bother me. Put em where you need em and make a little cash.

At the rate he's going USMB will go down as a money loser within a year. His kind always alienate everybody.

KarlMarx
02-08-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm sad to say that I've logged off of USMB. I don't know if I'll ever be going back there again. Nothing happened to me and I don't have anything against anyone over at the other place. It's that I've been posting there less and less and here more and more. I guess the animosity that has developed between these two boards does make me feel bad.

It's unfortunate that it came to this.

Abbey Marie
02-08-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm sad to say that I've logged off of USMB. I don't know if I'll ever be going back there again. Nothing happened to me and I don't have anything against anyone over at the other place. It's that I've been posting there less and less and here more and more. I guess the animosity that has developed between these two boards does make me feel bad.

It's unfortunate that it came to this.

Karl, if you don't mind me asking, is there a particular reason why you found yourself posting there less and less? I stopped there a while ago, but it wasn't a set in stone decision, more of a lack of interest than anything else. I couldn't put my finger on exactly why.

KarlMarx
02-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Karl, if you don't mind me asking, is there a particular reason why you found yourself posting there less and less? I stopped there a while ago, but it wasn't a set in stone decision, more of a lack of interest than anything else. I couldn't put my finger on exactly why.
I can't put my finger on it, either. I guess the other place seemed to be somewhat ... vacant? When went there recently, I noticed that I hadn't posted in almost a month! I noticed that many of the regulars weren't posting any longer, either. I guess it was just time to move on.

Mr. P
02-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Guys, IMO, it comes down to the cyber friends we have all made, love to read and see on a regular basis. Sorta like a family, cept ya don’t HAVE to see em if you don’t want too.:cheers2:

Sappy I know, but the truth.

darin
02-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Guys, IMO, it comes down to the cyber friends we have all made-love to. . .on a regular basis. Sorta like a family

SELECTIVE EDITING RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dilloduck
02-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Guys, IMO, it comes down to the cyber friends we have all made, love to read and see on a regular basis. Sorta like a family, cept ya don’t HAVE to see em if you don’t want too.:cheers2:

I think the goal over there to shoot for "Quality" means that it is for be impersonal and business-like. Personal chit chat (fun) is not welcome there and you MUST honor the two owners wishes ( which ain't always easy to do ). :bow3:

Sitarro
02-08-2007, 09:20 PM
I have to agree with the P man...... I missed all of you guys, we've been doing this thanks to Jim and his board for years. Some people have come and gone but a core group stayed and when that group left the other board, I knew I would be next. As much as I enjoyed giving crap to the newbys there, it was never on the same level as the arguments that are available from the best of the best on the left...you guys know who you are. Besides that eots dits was driving me nuts.

Mr. P
02-08-2007, 09:26 PM
I think the goal over there to shoot for "Quality" means that it is for be impersonal and business-like. Personal chit chat (fun) is not welcome there and you MUST honor the two owners wishes ( which ain't always easy to do ). :bow3:

:ali: rules, fall in place or be banned. I sure hate to see it. My only hope is some still there will find their way home.

Abbey Marie
02-08-2007, 09:28 PM

Smooches for Mr. P. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/246.gif

Dilloduck
:ali: rules, fall in place or be banned. I sure hate to see it. My only hope is some still there will find their way home.

Submit and you can post-----damn that sounds familiar. :dunno:

Gadget (fmr Marine)
I hadn't been to USMB in about a year, and only came to this site by a referral from one of my old friends.....seems like the same old comfy place that USMB was when I began pursuing other interests....(OK...taking care of personal business)

Gunny
02-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Not as much as you might think! I guess if I was more aggressive, and solicited monthly text/banner links then it could increase. Adding popups/popunders would also add to the income. There are many ways to make money from forums but most can be considered ugly to the everyday member.

Sites about 'Law' or other high paying avenues have a much better chance of monetary gain.

Perhaps you should reconsider the paying/donating memberships? I'd be willing to scratch up some change to not have to deal with popups and banners. No, they don't kill me, but if given a choice, I could do without them.

Mr. P
02-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Smooches for Mr. P. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/246.gif
You flirt! :laugh:

Back at ya..

Dilloduck
02-08-2007, 09:41 PM

Back at ya..

oh get a roo---- never mind----you can do that stuff here :p

Abbey Marie
02-08-2007, 09:42 PM

Back at ya..

Awww...

Mr. P
02-08-2007, 09:46 PM
I hadn't been to USMB in about a year, and only came to this site by a referral from one of my old friends.....seems like the same old comfy place that USMB was when I began pursuing other interests....(OK...taking care of personal business)

Hold down my seat would ya, I have the same to do myself.

Glad yer back Marine!:salute:

Dilloduck
02-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Hold down my seat would ya, I have the same to do myself.

Glad yer back Marine!:salute:

Hold your seat--????? ewwwwwwww Let abbey do it !! :)

Yurt
02-08-2007, 09:50 PM

Hey, I took it personal to my post, so what you are talking about I don't know. I made a direct question, the thread got locked. I reported it as a violation, as it should. Board wars? Get real, answer the question. She was very nice to me when I joined USMB and have always appreciated that. However, this reply has soured me. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt due to her kindness and good posts then. But, I feel the reply was an insult. Yes, an insult.

Gunny
02-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Hold your seat--????? ewwwwwwww Let abbey do it !! :)

LOL, after my comment in that Kathianne lovefest with Greg's bee-hind, I'm sure I'm no longer welcome, if even able to log in.

CockySOB
02-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Perhaps you should reconsider the paying/donating memberships? I'd be willing to scratch up some change to not have to deal with popups and banners. No, they don't kill me, but if given a choice, I could do without them.

Ditto Jim.

dan
02-09-2007, 12:26 AM
I've pretty much quit over at USMB, too. Obviously, I was going to go wherever Jim was, and everyone else from over there that I liked came over here.

But, the decision wasn't final until I saw Roomy on here!:wine: :laugh2:

And, oh, by the way, isn't this the STEEL CAGE forum?? What's with the faggy love-fest going on? Someone throw a chair!