PDA

View Full Version : I rocked, he rolled

gabosaurus
10-31-2007, 06:44 PM
I spent the last several days in Anaheim, visiting my family and going to the two Springsteen concerts with my cousin and my dad. I didn't know about the SF earthquake until I got out of the concert.
Naturally, I called my husband. I figured that the earthquake would have woke him up. Guess I was wrong. He had slept through the entire thing. He thought the seismic shocks were part of a dream he was having.
I apologized for waking him up for something as trivial as an earthquake. :lmao:

Trinity
10-31-2007, 06:59 PM
I spent the last several days in Anaheim, visiting my family and going to the two Springsteen concerts with my cousin and my dad. I didn't know about the SF earthquake until I got out of the concert.
Naturally, I called my husband. I figured that the earthquake would have woke him up. Guess I was wrong. He had slept through the entire thing. He thought the seismic shocks were part of a dream he was having.
I apologized for waking him up for something as trivial as an earthquake. :lmao:

Sounds like something I would do....... in fact I did........ several of them, when I was living out there. :laugh2:

gabosaurus
10-31-2007, 07:01 PM
It wasn't a large quake, by California standards. And my husband is a heavy sleeper. I probably would have jumped out of bed screaming. Which is what I did during the Northridge earthquake.

Trinity
10-31-2007, 07:20 PM
It wasn't a large quake, by California standards. And my husband is a heavy sleeper. I probably would have jumped out of bed screaming. Which is what I did during the Northridge earthquake.

That's true it wasn't. The last time I was out there was when that big one hit during the world series in 89. I was talking to my dad on the phone, who was in Ohio, and I was like Dad I think we just had an earthquake. He said why? I said the water in the pool is splashing way far up out of the pool when it doesn't normally do that. I was about 50 miles outside of SF. He then tells me yep it just came on the news here. Funny thing is I was awake and sitting with my feet up on a chair and didn't feel that one either.

It was the trauma it made me immune to them so they don't phase me any more.

yeah I know your like what?

No seriously though the first memory I have of when I was younger was my dad picking me up out of my crib and standing in the doorway. When I got older probably early twenties I asked him about it and he told me there was no way I should have been able to remember that he said I was about a year old and we were having in earthquake in California and yes that's where I was born.

Pale Rider
10-31-2007, 11:34 PM

It was a 5.6 quake, and the epicenter was just east of Alum Rock, CA.. Manu felt it. He started a thread about it last night right after it happened.

http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=8359

Gaffer
11-01-2007, 10:00 PM
That's true it wasn't. The last time I was out there was when that big one hit during the world series in 89. I was talking to my dad on the phone, who was in Ohio, and I was like Dad I think we just had an earthquake. He said why? I said the water in the pool is splashing way far up out of the pool when it doesn't normally do that. I was about 50 miles outside of SF. He then tells me yep it just came on the news here. Funny thing is I was awake and sitting with my feet up on a chair and didn't feel that one either.

It was the trauma it made me immune to them so they don't phase me any more.

yeah I know your like what?

No seriously though the first memory I have of when I was younger was my dad picking me up out of my crib and standing in the doorway. When I got older probably early twenties I asked him about it and he told me there was no way I should have been able to remember that he said I was about a year old and we were having in earthquake in California and yes that's where I was born.

That was the 1971 earth quake. Lasted about two or three minutes. Collapsed a Veterans hospital. It really gave our house a good shaking.

Trinity
11-02-2007, 05:55 AM
That was the 1971 earth quake. Lasted about two or three minutes. Collapsed a Veterans hospital. It really gave our house a good shaking.

Ah so that would explain it..... I had shaken baby syndrome, no wonder I started sleeping through them.:laugh2:

gabosaurus
11-02-2007, 11:25 AM
I think I was 7 years old when the Northridge earthquake hit. It threw me out of bed. I remember running screaming down the hall. My sister, who was 11, ran after me. My dad had to prepare a hasty explanation of earthquakes.