PDA

View Full Version : Say goodbye to Dwayne "Dog" Chapman

hjmick
10-31-2007, 07:06 PM
I've never watched an episode, luckily I probably never will.

After this recording hits the ears of Al or Jesse, A&E will cancel his show.

http://staging.nationalenquirer.com/2007/popup/full-wmv.html

DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER'S RACIST RANT -- CAUGHT ON TAPE!

Dog Chapman has been captured spewing foul-mouthed racist slurs on a tape obtained exclusively by The NATIONAL ENQUIRER.

And now a civil rights leader is calling for Dog's TV show to be removed from the airwaves.

In a shocking world exclusive The ENQUIRER has obtained tapes of two revolting phone conversations in which Duane "Dog" Chapman unleashes a filthy bigoted attack, littered with the N-word and other disgusting racial insults.

The star of the A&E reality show Dog, The Bounty Hunter directed his racist hatred at his son Tucker's girlfriend Monique Shinnery, who is black.

"Dog Chapman should not have a show. That show should be taken off the air!"

That's the opinion of prominent civil rights leader Roy Innis, who has served as the chairman of the Congress for Racial Equality (CORE) since 1968. Innis was shocked and outraged when The ENQUIRER played Dog Chapman's racist telephone conversations for him.

"This man should not be held up as a role model for children," Innis told The ENQUIRER. "He has venom deep in his soul. This is a picture of his heart — a revelation of his true nature.

Innis believes that cable network A&E needs to take swift action in response to Dog's vicious outburst.

"He needs to answer for his behavior," says Innis.

"When someone gets the opportunity to use the airwaves, he becomes a role model, whether he likes it or not. Dog Chapman should not be in that position, posing as a good guy.

"His comments show that he certainly is not a good guy."

Full details are in the new issue of the NATIONAL ENQUIRER.

Update: In response to this story, A&E network has released a statement saying: "A&E has just learned of the story released by the National Enquirer concerning Duane Dog Chapman. We take this matter very seriously. Pending an investigation, we have suspended production on the series. When the inquiry is concluded we will take appropriate action."

DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER'S RACIST RANT (http://www.nationalenquirer.com/dog_bounty_hunter_racial_slur_tape/celebrity/64325)

Christ, I can't believe I just sourced The National Enquirer...

darin
10-31-2007, 07:10 PM
Thought POLICE on the MARCH!

NO MAN with hair that bad is a role-model for ANYBODY.

hjmick
10-31-2007, 07:11 PM

ROFLMAO

gabosaurus
10-31-2007, 07:15 PM

I take back my comment about dmp not having a sense of humor. :lmao:

OCA
10-31-2007, 07:50 PM
Ol' Roy got anything to say when Chris Rock, 50 Cent, Martin Lawrence, Puff Daddy etc. etc. etc. use the word "nigger" disparingly?

Hell no he don't.

stephanie
10-31-2007, 07:59 PM
When did the National Enquire all of sudden become a reputable paper...It's mostly just a gossip rag...

actsnoblemartin
10-31-2007, 08:11 PM
So when white people make a racist statement thats not ok, but when blacks act racist, and use words like cracker, white boy, and blame modernwhites for problems we didnt create,its ok?

Todays civil rights leaders, need to get a real job, and stop living in the past.

hjmick
10-31-2007, 08:15 PM
So when white people make a racist statement thats not ok, but when blacks act racist, and use words like cracker, white boy, and blame modernwhites for problems we didnt create,its ok?

Todays civil rights leaders, need to get a real job, and stop living in the past.

Well, I haven't heard any minorities making racist statements lately, but I assure you that if I do, I'll be starting a thread about it...unless someone beats me to it.

actsnoblemartin
10-31-2007, 08:17 PM
Charles barkley, years ago.

Black people using the n word.

Its so bad, even black people are mad about it.

The media should cover the civil war between hard working, america loving blacks, and the bums, who blame whitey, use the n word, and are losers.

Well, I haven't heard any minorities making racist statements lately, but I assure you that if I do, I'll be starting a thread about it...unless someone beats me to it.

Guernicaa
10-31-2007, 08:22 PM
When did the National Enquire all of sudden become a reputable paper...It's mostly just a gossip rag...
I love it though.
I know most of its bull shit, but the headlines they use and the funny pictures make me laugh.

There was one edition of Rosie with her mouth wide open with her nasty fat face and Barbara Walters with her mouth open and it said:
Walters to Rosie: "YOU MAKE ME SICK!"....I don't know why but I thought it was the funniest thing in the world.

actsnoblemartin
10-31-2007, 08:23 PM
It broke jessie's love child :laugh2:

I love it though.
I know most of its bull shit, but the headlines they use and the funny pictures make me laugh.

There was one edition of Rosie with her mouth wide open with her nasty fat face and Barbara Walters with her mouth open and it said:
Walters to Rosie: "YOU MAKE ME SICK!"....I don't know why but I thought it was the funniest thing in the world.

hjmick
10-31-2007, 08:29 PM

The scary thing is, they frequently get the story right and first. It makes me shudder.

Immanuel
10-31-2007, 08:50 PM

Don't forget... according to that renowned institute of higher learning, The University of Delaware, all white people are racists and people of minority cannot be racist because they don't fit the definition. Come on man, get with the program.

Immie

Said1
10-31-2007, 08:54 PM
his wife has the biggest jugs I've ever seen. Total overkill.

stephanie
10-31-2007, 10:19 PM
his wife has the biggest jugs I've ever seen. Total overkill.

:laugh2:No kidding..
If those things were mine, they'd be getting REDUCED..

I know another one of his ex wives...she used to live in my town with their two daughters, Lisa and Barbara..... Lisa is now on the show...
I don't watch the show anymore, got real boring in my opinion..

Yurt
10-31-2007, 10:34 PM
The problem that I am amazed so many libs here have missed is that anytime the libs don't like a comment, they call for censorship or outright denial of livelihood. They claim that only the republicans are out to strip people of "freedoms" but every chance they get they rob someone of their livelihood. So what, he made a bad comment. Does that mean he should be FORCED to lose his show? Let the market decide. Where are the freedoms?

They keep this up, it will come back to haunt them.

Pale Rider
10-31-2007, 10:48 PM
Ol' Roy got anything to say when Chris Rock, 50 Cent, Martin Lawrence, Puff Daddy etc. etc. etc. use the word "nigger" disparingly?

Hell no he don't.

No shit, and I'll admit, being TOTALLY honest, I've said "nigger" myself a time or two in my life... "IN PRIVATE." I wasn't spewing it in public, or in front of an audience of three or four thousand, or broadcasting from a radio station or on TV, like BLACK people do.

It's a double standard. I'll bet anyone here I can turn on either BET or the Comedy channel, and it won't be all that long before I'll hear a black comedian say "NIGGER." Ok maybe "nigga."

So this with Dog will rekindle the whole debate on who is and who isn't allowed to say nigger. Either we all are, or we all aren't. The double standard is over.

Immanuel
11-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Having listened to the clip that was provided on the thread link, I find the langauage to be highly offensive and down right inappropriate and insensitive not to mention having the appearance of being racist. But, it was real odd, there was no context to the conversation, something about his son dating a black girl and he was not going to have someone accuse him of being racist?

Who was he talking about? Not that it excuses the language, but if he were speaking of one person in particular that would indicate he was not thinking about all black people just one person who had really pissed him off.

Again, that doesn't excuse the language, but I tend to let my mouth run (I do not use racial slurs) but I'll say, "that F'ng Jackass" or something more derrogatory during a rant then be sorry for the outburst. I won't say I have never used the word, because I imagine I did when I was an immature teenager, but I would never use it now.

I'd sure like to know the context of this rant before I condemn the man.

Immie

chesswarsnow
11-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well the way I see it, it was recorded without his knowledge.
2. And he was explaining how he would not want to be caught disparaging blacks, even thou one of his sons really pisses him off by having a black gf.
3. And what he was saying, was, I don't want my son involved with a black women, its more than I can handle, and no blacks are not scum, and soulless, just I don't like the idea, that he is going against my wishes, and dating this black chick.
4. He didn't want the idea of him being a racist to get out on his TV show, which is rather good, and he shows a lot of heart, doing a dangerous job.
5. He talks rather fatherly to these thugs, and explains to them, *You gotta change dude*.
6. Which some times these bail jumpers, get it.
7. I like This guy, and understand what he was saying, and he has a right to his feeling about his son dating black chicks.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Monkeybone
11-01-2007, 08:56 AM
since it was in private, who are we to dictate how he talks? that was my first thought. yah, not exactly cool that he said those things, but at the same time, he doesn't act like that on his show.

without Dog the Bounty Hunter, we wouldn't have another funny episode of South Park.

hjmick
11-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Having listened to the clip that was provided on the thread link, I find the langauage to be highly offensive and down right inappropriate and insensitive not to mention having the appearance of being racist. But, it was real odd, there was no context to the conversation, something about his son dating a black girl and he was not going to have someone accuse him of being racist?

Who was he talking about? Not that it excuses the language, but if he were speaking of one person in particular that would indicate he was not thinking about all black people just one person who had really pissed him off.

Again, that doesn't excuse the language, but I tend to let my mouth run (I do not use racial slurs) but I'll say, "that F'ng Jackass" or something more derrogatory during a rant then be sorry for the outburst. I won't say I have never used the word, because I imagine I did when I was an immature teenager, but I would never use it now.

I'd sure like to know the context of this rant before I condemn the man.

Immie

The original clip was much longer, apparently NE shortened it either to sensationalize the sound bite or to shorten the time it takes to listen to it cutting down on the traffic to it's website, or both. He was talking to his son about his girlfriend and one or two of her friends. He had heard or was worried that one or both of them had plans to catch him using the derogatory term and ruining him, selling the tape to some media outlet. In the original clip you get the impression that it is a term that rolls easily and frequently from his tongue.

hjmick
11-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Oh, he's so sorry. He didn't mean it. He has "utmost respect and aloha for black people..."

Whatever. When will celebrities and politicians start thinking about what they are saying rather than continually apologizing for the things they say? Does the apology make everything alright? Does anyone really believe that they didn't mean what they said the first time?

'Dog' Chapman Sorry for Using N-Word
Nov. 1, 2007, 1:05 AM EST

HONOLULU (AP) -- TV bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman on Wednesday apologized for using the N-word repeatedly in a profanity-laced tirade during a private phone conversation with his son that was recorded and posted online.

Chapman, star of A&E's hit reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," responded after The National Enquirer posted a clip of the conversation in which Chapman uses the racial slur in reference to his son's black girlfriend.

The Enquirer and TMZ.com reported A&E suspended production on the series, the cable network's highest rated show, pending an inquiry. A&E did not immediately return phone messages seeking comment.

The recording was first posted online by the Enquirer. It was unclear who recorded the conversation or how the tabloid obtained the 1 1/2-minute clip in which the N-word was used six times. A woman at the Enquirer said no one would be available to comment after hours.

In the conversation, Chapman urges his son to break up with his girlfriend. He also expresses concern about the girlfriend going public about the TV star's use of the N-word.

"I'm not going to take a chance ever in life of losing everything I've worked for 30 years because some (expletive) n--- heard us say 'n---' and turned us in to the Enquirer magazine."

In the clip, Chapman also stated he doesn't care that his son's girlfriend is black and it wasn't about race.

In a statement, the 54-year-old Chapman said he has "utmost respect and aloha for black people who have suffered so much due to racial discrimination and acts of hatred.

"I did not mean to add yet another slap in the face to an entire race of people who have brought so many gifts to this world," he said.

(Story Continues...) (http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=281977&GT1=7703&mpc=2)

Immanuel
11-01-2007, 10:05 AM
The original clip was much longer, apparently NE shortened it either to sensationalize the sound bite or to shorten the time it takes to listen to it cutting down on the traffic to it's website, or both. He was talking to his son about his girlfriend and one or two of her friends. He had heard or was worried that one or both of them had plans to catch him using the derogatory term and ruining him, selling the tape to some media outlet. In the original clip you get the impression that it is a term that rolls easily and frequently from his tongue.

Then he is just plain stupid.

It did seem that it was natural conversation with him.

I have watched the program off and on. I tend to call him and all Bounty Hunters arrogant SOB's. They think they are above the law and can do whatever the hell they want.

A co-worker actually had one bust into his home threatening him and his wife, tearing up their home and generally scaring the crap out of them only to find out they had the wrong address. No apology, nothing, and as far as I know they didn't even fix the door or clean up the mess.

TV bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman on Wednesday apologized for using the N-word repeatedly in a profanity-laced tirade during a private phone conversation with his son that was recorded and posted online...

It was unclear who recorded the conversation or how the tabloid obtained the 1 1/2-minute clip in which the N-word was used six times. A woman at the Enquirer said no one would be available to comment after hours.

See what can happen when the government illegally taps our phone lines in order to capture foreign terrorists? This man's life has essentially been ruined. He was terribly wrong in his racists statement, but maybe the next victim of NE, won't be racist but will just be a victim of their sensationalism.

Immie

Trigg
11-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't it illegal to tape someone without their knowledge??

I understand selling a message left on a phone, the person obviously knows they're being taped. I would think in this case though he could sue whoever taped him and then sold it.

actsnoblemartin
11-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Never, non whites can be just as racist meaning hateful as whites any day.

just cause you cant meet both definitions doesnt mean they are not capable.

Fuck delaware

Don't forget... according to that renowned institute of higher learning, The University of Delaware, all white people are racists and people of minority cannot be racist because they don't fit the definition. Come on man, get with the program.

Immie

Immanuel
11-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Never, non whites can be just as racist meaning hateful as whites any day.

just cause you cant meet both definitions doesnt mean they are not capable.

Fuck delaware

Why do I always feel like people are trying to tell me things I already know? Remember, I am only reminding you what those highly intelligent people at the University of Delaware expect everyone of their students to conform too and then to send those student out to the rest of the world and convert, convert, convert.

Immie

actsnoblemartin
11-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Until black people stop calling themselves niggers, I dont find what dog did wrong, infact.. I find it very hypocritical to call dog on it, but not black people and not non whites.

Then he is just plain stupid.

It did seem that it was natural conversation with him.

I have watched the program off and on. I tend to call him and all Bounty Hunters arrogant SOB's. They think they are above the law and can do whatever the hell they want.

A co-worker actually had one bust into his home threatening him and his wife, tearing up their home and generally scaring the crap out of them only to find out they had the wrong address. No apology, nothing, and as far as I know they didn't even fix the door or clean up the mess.

See what can happen when the government illegally taps our phone lines in order to capture foreign terrorists? This man's life has essentially been ruined. He was terribly wrong in his racists statement, but maybe the next victim of NE, won't be racist but will just be a victim of their sensationalism.

Immie

Immanuel
11-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Until black people stop calling themselves niggers, I dont find what dog did wrong, infact.. I find it very hypocritical to call dog on it, but not black people and not non whites.

I disagree. Black people can call themselves that word if they want and it has an entirely different meaning then if I used it. It is like when my generation used the word, "bad" to mean "good". Did we really do that?

Immie

actsnoblemartin
11-01-2007, 07:39 PM
They are pretending they can take a bad word, and make it good by taking a letter off it.

It would be like jews calling themselves kikies, instead of kikes.

It is lying to themself, it is self hate/self racism

And to not acknowledge that blacks can be just as racist as whites, (im not saying your doing this) and to not get on black for acting badly but only whites is hypocritical.

blacks arent held to account when they say white boy.

I dont think nigger ever has a good meaning, so i guess well have to agree to disagree

I will always respect whatever you have to say, just wanted you to know that

:salute:

I disagree. Black people can call themselves that word if they want and it has an entirely different meaning then if I used it. It is like when my generation used the word, "bad" to mean "good". Did we really do that?

Immie

stephanie
11-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Here's the deal...

I don't tell black people to stop calling each other...nigga or nigger...

And they don't tell me that I CAN'T say nigga or nigger, either...(not that I ever use those words,) but I don't need someone else telling me what WORDS I'm allowed to say....

:cheers2:

chesswarsnow
11-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Another white man gets railroaded for using a common word.
2. Hell there's a country named after it.
3. I find the word when used by white people to be degrading.
4. And I find when black people use it it to be degrading.
5. But I also think everyone who wants to use it, for whatever reason, *The Thought Police* shouldn't be called out.
6. If so, they should be called when ever and where ever its used.
7. And when anyone uses it, it should carry certain penalties, like a fine, lets say 500.00 per usage.
8. Where the money goes to the United Negro Fund for College.
9. All I am seeing is Ol Whitey getting canned from his job, while I see ol Blackie getting moe money as a pay check.
10. Why should anyone take blacks seriously?
11. Bunch of hypocrites.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Said1
11-01-2007, 07:53 PM
I didn't read the full Enquirer article......how did they get this recording? Isn't there any privacy issues surrounding this?

Kathianne
11-01-2007, 07:53 PM

Funny thing, I totally disavow affinity with any blathering off racist rantings. With that said, all of us, liberals and conservatives have 'prejudices', those of us 'more enlightened' are aware of them and careful regarding them. In this case it seems to me that the 'bad guy' assumed he was on a private call with his son, he didn't like that the son was dating a minority. He was communicating, again he thought privately with his son.

I disagree in essence with the father, as I've dated outside my race, married outside my religion and wouldn't have a problem with any of my children doing so. On the other hand, I've disagreed with my kids from time to time, including their choices of 'boyfriends' or 'girlfriends', for various reasons. I speak to them as parent to child, not teacher to student; not as employer to employee; etc.

I think this guy has been broadsided.

hjmick
11-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Funny thing, I totally disavow affinity with any blathering off racist rantings. With that said, all of us, liberals and conservatives have 'prejudices', those of us 'more enlightened' are aware of them and careful regarding them. In this case it seems to me that the 'bad guy' assumed he was on a private call with his son, he didn't like that the son was dating a minority. He was communicating, again he thought privately with his son.

I disagree in essence with the father, as I've dated outside my race, married outside my religion and wouldn't have a problem with any of my children doing so. On the other hand, I've disagreed with my kids from time to time, including their choices of 'boyfriends' or 'girlfriends', for various reasons. I speak to them as parent to child, not teacher to student; not as employer to employee; etc.

I think this guy has been broadsided.

I tend to agree.

Was he broadsided? Without a doubt. However, he has no one to blame but himself.

Kathianne
11-01-2007, 08:03 PM
I tend to agree.

Was he broadsided? Without a doubt. However, he has no one to blame but himself.

Only in the sense of being careful of whom one is speaking around and whether on internet or cell phone. If he'd been on a landline, in his office, no problem. At home, probably no problem. So yes, he made his own problem, but I'm damned curious who screwed him over.

Yurt
11-01-2007, 08:04 PM
I think this was mentioned before, but now seems glossed over:

Why are people calling for him to be fired when he made those comments in PRIVATE?

DMP said it best, this is thought police. This is beyond someone on the airwaves, this is an intrusion into our privacy.

Kathianne
11-01-2007, 08:04 PM
I think this was mentioned before, but now seems glossed over:

Why are people calling for him to be fired when he made those comments in PRIVATE?

DMP said it best, this is thought police. This is beyond someone on the airwaves, this is an intrusion into our privacy.

Yep.

hjmick
11-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Well, we now know where the National Enquirer got the tape:

Lawyer: Chapman's Son Sold N-Word Tape
Nov. 2, 2007, 12:01 AM EST

HONOLULU (AP) -- Television bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman's son taped a private phone conversation in which the reality star used a racial slur repeatedly, then sold it to a tabloid for "a lot of money," Chapman's lawyer said Thursday.

"I guess because of whatever level of anger he had of his father, he felt the need to express it in that manner," attorney Brook Hart told The Associated Press.

Complete story... (http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=282185&GT1=7703)

You know it's going to be a tough week when your own kid sells you out.

Trigg
11-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Well, we now know where the National Enquirer got the tape:

You know it's going to be a tough week when your own kid sells you out.

Isn't it illegal to tape someone without their knowledge???????????

Immanuel
11-02-2007, 01:40 PM

I believe it is, but what do you think Dog is going to do about it come to find out that it is his son that sold him out? Having watched him on tv before, it would surprise me to find out he did anything at all. Then again the language he used was very surprising as well.

Immie

Trigg
11-02-2007, 01:50 PM
I believe it is, but what do you think Dog is going to do about it come to find out that it is his son that sold him out? Having watched him on tv before, it would surprise me to find out he did anything at all. Then again the language he used was very surprising as well.

Immie

Well I personnally wouldn't sue my own son.

If I were him I would look into suing the national inquirer for purchasing and releasing a tape made illegally.

hjmick
11-04-2007, 02:57 PM

Hawaii is a one party consent state. What this means is, only one party in the conversation need consent to the recording. No laws were broken.

Haw. Rev. Stat. §§803-42(b)(3) & 711-1111(1)(d) It is neither invasion of privacy nor eavesdropping to record a telephone conversation if a party to the conversation.

LuvRPgrl
11-04-2007, 05:26 PM

Believe it or not, the N Enquirer is a very reputable source. I kid you not. Do some research on it.

Pale Rider
11-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Believe it or not, the N Enquirer is a very reputable source. I kid you not. Do some research on it.

Suuuuurrre they are.... even with headlines like, "103 YEAR OLD WOMAN GIVES BIRTH TO SPACE ALIEN." :laugh:

shattered
11-04-2007, 06:08 PM

Unless I missed something major, A) The National Enquirer is hardly a "reputable source" for anything.. (Have you SEEN Bat Boy??).. B) It was a *private* phone call - what business is it of anyone elses what he says in private? C) It has nothing whatsoever to do with the work he does - why pull the show?

I think it's a total crock of shit.

(And his wife DOES need a boob reduction, and some looser clothes) :D

REDWHITEBLUE2
11-04-2007, 06:12 PM

(And his wife DOES need a boob reduction, and some looser clothes) :D And to lose about a 100 lbs :dance:

hjmick
11-04-2007, 06:28 PM
A) The National Enquirer is hardly a "reputable source" for anything.. (Have you SEEN Bat Boy??)..

It's reputable when the tape comes directly from the son who recorded it then sold it to the NE. Otherwise, I get your point and I did express my disbelief at my own sourcing of the NE. (Interestingly, they do occasionally break a story and get it right. Which is really kind of scary.)

B) It was a *private* phone call - what business is it of anyone elses what he says in private?

The son made it the business of everyone.

C) It has nothing whatsoever to do with the work he does - why pull the show?

Because A&E will want to distance themselves from the issue lest they come under fire from the Sharpton's and Jackson's of the world. That and, dare I say, that in some households he is held up as a role model. We can't have our role models using words that denigrate an entire race.

I think it is indicative of some family strife, certainly best left behind closed doors. It would appear as if the son is quite angry with dear old dad.

(And his wife DOES need a boob reduction, and some looser clothes) :D

I've only ever seen the two of them for a brief minute on the Glenn Beck show (I quickly turn the channel) and can't say that either one of them is a prize.

LuvRPgrl
11-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Suuuuurrre they are.... even with headlines like, "103 YEAR OLD WOMAN GIVES BIRTH TO SPACE ALIEN." :laugh:

I will bet you never even read the actual article did you? :), I mean of the space alien.

If one were to do some actual research on them, you will find that there serious articles on issues like the OJ trial, Lewinsky blowjobs etc. they are a very credible source. Prove me otherwise,,,,

hjmick
11-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Personally, I would not say that the NE is very credible, but they do occasionally get a story right and before the msm. But then again, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.