PDA

View Full Version : Mexicans who feel the same way you do

gabosaurus
10-31-2007, 07:14 PM
I was visiting my sister and her husband last weekend and heard a very interesting story. Something I never would have imagined or considered. It happened in East Los Angeles, an almost totally Mexican area where they live.
There was a huge bust of day laborers a few weeks ago. Someone had tipped off the feds about two places where companies came to hire illegal immigrants. There was all sorts of outrage about who had tipped the feds off. Many felt it was the Anglo owner of one of the places, who had to go into hiding after getting all sorts of death threats.

Turns out that the tipsters were a couple of brothers, both Mexican-Americans who were born here. They were upset about being fired by a company who replaced with with illegals, who worked for half the price and didn't require benefits. So they turned their compadres in.

Last I checked, LULAC has issued no comment about the matter. :)

actsnoblemartin
10-31-2007, 08:38 PM
Their are some legal hispanics in america, who dont like illegals taking their jobs, housing, and things, they didnt legally earn.

The minutemen have hispanics in their organization too. So this is no big surprise to me.

I was visiting my sister and her husband last weekend and heard a very interesting story. Something I never would have imagined or considered. It happened in East Los Angeles, an almost totally Mexican area where they live.
There was a huge bust of day laborers a few weeks ago. Someone had tipped off the feds about two places where companies came to hire illegal immigrants. There was all sorts of outrage about who had tipped the feds off. Many felt it was the Anglo owner of one of the places, who had to go into hiding after getting all sorts of death threats.

Turns out that the tipsters were a couple of brothers, both Mexican-Americans who were born here. They were upset about being fired by a company who replaced with with illegals, who worked for half the price and didn't require benefits. So they turned their compadres in.

82Marine89
10-31-2007, 08:40 PM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

hjmick
10-31-2007, 09:13 PM

Your thread title is misleading.

"Mexicans who feel the same way you do"

The brothers aren't Mexicans, they are Americans of Mexican descent.

Yurt
10-31-2007, 10:35 PM

I have told YOU this since for a long, long time gabby. :poke:

edit, will you now stop the racist comments?

Pale Rider
10-31-2007, 11:00 PM

You mean illegal "aliens." OK... just wanted to get that straight, because there's no such thing as an illegal immigrant. It is quite impossible to be illegal, and an immigrant. If you're here illegally, you're an "alien." If you're here legally, you're an immigrant.

And I don't get the impression the brothers feel the same way I do at all. The only thing I get is they were pissed they lost their jobs so they ratted out the business, who they were cool with before they got fired. Only points out their vindictiveness to me.

manu1959
10-31-2007, 11:10 PM
You mean illegal "aliens." OK... just wanted to get that straight, because there's no such thing as an illegal immigrant. It is quite impossible to be illegal, and an immigrant. If you're here illegally, you're an "alien." If you're here legally, you're an immigrant.

And I don't get the impression the brothers feel the same way I do at all. The only thing I get is they were pissed they lost their jobs so they ratted out the business, who they were cool with before they got fired. Only points out their vindictiveness to me.

actually they are felons.....

Pale Rider
10-31-2007, 11:29 PM

That too... :salute:

Yurt
10-31-2007, 11:43 PM
IMO, I don't think illegal immigrant or illegal alien does anything to the meaning of their status. I checked some law out and in fact people who are here legally under certain status are termed nonimmigrants:

8 CFR PART 214 -- NONIMMIGRANT CLASSES

Sec. 214.1 Requirements for admission, extension, and maintenance of status.
Sec. 214.2 Special requirements for admission, extension, and maintenance of status.
a. Foreign government officials.
b. Visitors.
c. Transits.
d. Crewmen.
e. Traders and Investors.
f. Students in colleges, universities, seminaries, conservatories, academic high schools, other academic institutions, and in language training programs.

http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?dockey=cab75104b7d73e7b6bca9c886cc72 455

Another good source: http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode08/usc_sec_08_00001101----000-.html

Seems to me that alien and immigrant are interwined under the legislative definitions, unless certain classes are exempt. I have not found the exemption for one here "illegally." Could be there in the haystick.

Undocumented however it total BS.

Pale Rider
11-01-2007, 02:34 AM
IMO, I don't think illegal immigrant or illegal alien does anything to the meaning of their status. I checked some law out and in fact people who are here legally under certain status are termed nonimmigrants:

Another good source: http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode08/usc_sec_08_00001101----000-.html

Seems to me that alien and immigrant are interwined under the legislative definitions, unless certain classes are exempt. I have not found the exemption for one here "illegally." Could be there in the haystick.

Undocumented however it total BS.

I think we all know what the definition of illegal is, so I won't bother with that. But the definition of alien is very straight forward, and I don't believe there's any need for semantics or dissection.

al·ien /ˈeɪlyən, ˈeɪliən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[eyl-yuhn, ey-lee-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a resident born in or belonging to another country who has not acquired citizenship by naturalization (distinguished from citizen).
2. a foreigner.
3. a person who has been estranged or excluded.
4. a creature from outer space; extraterrestrial.
–adjective
5. residing under a government or in a country other than that of one's birth without having or obtaining the status of citizenship there.

Thus, the proper term for for an "alien" who is here "illegally" is "illegal alien." And that is what they used to be called until the liberal PC crowd cried about it and demanded we all call them something else in an attempt to deflect away from what they are and soften their image, and the latest attempts at furthering this are articulated in another thread started here recently where they now want to stop everyone from saying "illegal" period! It's bull shit. They're illegal aliens, plain and simple. Have the balls to stand up to the liberal PC crowd and call a spade a spade, because if they have thier way, they won't stop until they have everyone calling illegal aliens, undocumented immigrants, and I already know what you think of "undocumented."

Yurt
11-01-2007, 07:49 AM
I think we all know what the definition of illegal is, so I won't bother with that. But the definition of alien is very straight forward, and I don't believe there's any need for semantics or dissection.

al·ien /ˈeɪlyən, ˈeɪliən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[eyl-yuhn, ey-lee-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a resident born in or belonging to another country who has not acquired citizenship by naturalization (distinguished from citizen).
2. a foreigner.
3. a person who has been estranged or excluded.
4. a creature from outer space; extraterrestrial.
–adjective
5. residing under a government or in a country other than that of one's birth without having or obtaining the status of citizenship there.

Thus, the proper term for for an "alien" who is here "illegally" is "illegal alien." And that is what they used to be called until the liberal PC crowd cried about it and demanded we all call them something else in an attempt to deflect away from what they are and soften their image, and the latest attempts at furthering this are articulated in another thread started here recently where they now want to stop everyone from saying "illegal" period! It's bull shit. They're illegal aliens, plain and simple. Have the balls to stand up to the liberal PC crowd and call a spade a spade, because if they have thier way, they won't stop until they have everyone calling illegal aliens, undocumented immigrants, and I already know what you think of "undocumented."

As long as the word "illegal" is there, then as you stated we are ok.

Your definition of Alien also fits people who are here legally, but are not yet citizens. In fact, my wife was technically considered a "resident alien" (see above post that calls students nonimmigrants) when she was here as a student, legally. She was not an immigrant that point. However, when we hooked up and began the legal process of her citizenship, she then became an immigrant and was then given a "green" card or permanent residency card as she chose to reside her permanently.

immigrant
One entry found.

immigrant

Main Entry: im·mi·grant
Pronunciation: \ˈi-mə-grənt\
Function: noun
Date: 1789
: one that immigrates: as a: a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence b: a plant or animal that becomes established in an area where it was previously unknown

In fact, I use to tease her about the "alien" status the government gave her.

Yurt
11-01-2007, 07:51 AM
Actually, I just remembered, she was also considered a "resident alien" when she had her permanent residency status. I'll ask her to get the paperwork to make sure.

Trigg
11-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Lots of people who have immigrated to this country legally are sick and tired of illegals.

For those who are always screaming racism, maybe they will change their minds when they start noticing how much illegals cost us. Here is an article regarding those caught in the wildfires.

Last year, San Diego County hospitals provided $619 million in uncompensated care, and an estimated 10 percent to 17 percent of that paid for treatment for undocumented immigrants, according to the Hospital Association of San Diego and Imperial Counties.

Burn care requires ventilators, multiple surgeries, round-the-clock intensive care and grafts from human cadaveric skin. McAfee said grafts can be grown from patients' own skin to minimize tissue rejection at $500,000 per patient.

Last year, the average cost of treating a burn patient at UCSD was $45,000 for an average 15-day stay.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20071031-9999-1n31burn.html

gabosaurus
11-01-2007, 02:00 PM
I don't blame the illegal aliens at all. I consider them refugees. Until our government does something about our immigration policies, you expect people to take advantage of them.
It is the same principle where you don't leave you windows open and your doors unlocked. There is always someone who wants something that is not theirs.

Most of you either can't put yourself in someone else's shoes, or you are unwilling to. Dude needs to feed his family. He can make $5 a day, or he can walk across the border and make $5 an hour. He can live in some shack with no power and no water, at the mercy of bandidos and crooked police, or he can sneak across the border.
Doesn't make it right. Neither is cheating on your taxes or stealing office supplies.

We waste far more money on unnecessary munitions and illegal military invasions than we do on dealing with illegal aliens.

manu1959
11-01-2007, 03:49 PM
I don't blame the illegal aliens at all. I consider them refugees. Until our government does something about our immigration policies, you expect people to take advantage of them.
It is the same principle where you don't leave you windows open and your doors unlocked. There is always someone who wants something that is not theirs.

Most of you either can't put yourself in someone else's shoes, or you are unwilling to. Dude needs to feed his family. He can make $5 a day, or he can walk across the border and make $5 an hour. He can live in some shack with no power and no water, at the mercy of bandidos and crooked police, or he can sneak across the border.
Doesn't make it right. Neither is cheating on your taxes or stealing office supplies.

We waste far more money on unnecessary munitions and illegal military invasions than we do on dealing with illegal aliens.

they are felons and their govt. should take care of this issue....

Abbey Marie
11-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Gabby,
Ae you saying that this feeling is widespread among Mexican-Americans, or are these two guys anomalies?

Yurt
11-01-2007, 08:09 PM

Refugees?? From what? Mexico may have a crap government and not so good economy, however, it is better than many countries. I don't think you know what the hell you are talking about though, because you example of envy over an unlocked is NOT at all related to what a refugee deals with and is.

You thought about "having" to sneak over the border is plain silly. They can unite HERE in America over what they perceive as some sort of issue: "A day without Mexicans." YET, they cannot change their own country? Why don't they march on the mexican capital? Why don't you go read up on what an actual refugee is.

More importantly, refugees STILL must apply for special status, else they are ILLEGAL.

Immanuel
11-01-2007, 08:17 PM

No, not until convicted and since they would probably not ever be tried just deported they would never be felons... unless convicted of another crime that is.

;)

Immie

{edit referring to Yurt's comment after mine}

don't be a party pooper :)

Sooooorrrrrrrry. :D

Yurt
11-01-2007, 08:19 PM
No, not until convicted and since they would probably not ever be tried just deported they would never be felons... unless convicted of another crime that is.

;)

Immie

don't be a party pooper :)

manu1959
11-01-2007, 08:35 PM
;)
Immie
{edit referring to Yurt's comment after mine}
Sooooorrrrrrrry. :D

well gee wiz i guess they are all innocent then.....

they have broken federal law....they are running from the law .... so that also makes them a fugitve....and anyone that hires or helps them guilty of aiding and abetting a felon.....

when convicted they would be a convicted felon.......

this may help...
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/felon
Main Entry: 1fel·on
Pronunciation: \ˈfe-lən\
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French felun, fel evildoer, probably of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German fillen to beat, whip, fel skin — more at fell
Date: 13th century
1: one who has committed a felony
2archaic : villain
3: whitlow

seems the word conviction is not in there....

Immanuel
11-01-2007, 08:58 PM
well gee wiz i guess they are all innocent then.....

they have broken federal law....they are running from the law .... so that also makes them a fugitve....and anyone that hires or helps them guilty of aiding and abetting a felon.....

when convicted they would be a convicted felon.......

this may help...
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/felon
Main Entry: 1fel·on
Pronunciation: \ˈfe-lən\
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French felun, fel evildoer, probably of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German fillen to beat, whip, fel skin — more at fell
Date: 13th century
1: one who has committed a felony
2archaic : villain
3: whitlow

seems the word conviction is not in there....

Okay, then I stand corrected.

Immie

manu1959
11-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Okay, then I stand corrected.

Immie

yikes!.......i have never seen that happen....:laugh2:

Yurt
11-01-2007, 09:04 PM
I hate to do this, but who decides who has "actually" committed a felony? E.g., when exactly is it determined under American Jurisprudence when you have actually committed a felony?

Immanuel
11-01-2007, 09:10 PM
yikes!.......i have never seen that happen....:laugh2:

Sheesh! I haven't been around long enough to do that. I've only got 300 or so posts. Give me a month or two, will ya? :D

Immie

manu1959
11-01-2007, 09:18 PM
I hate to do this, but who decides who has "actually" committed a felony? E.g., when exactly is it determined under American Jurisprudence when you have actually committed a felony?

i belive when you commit a crime against the federal govt / break a federal law or one of the dozen or so crimes that by most deffinitions are felonies....

my dad so wished i would have become an attorney....:laugh2:

mrg666
11-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Your thread title is misleading.

"Mexicans who feel the same way you do"

The brothers aren't Mexicans, they are Americans of Mexican descent.

are we forgetting that america is built up from all nationalities , who eventually can trace back to an italian , portugese . irish , greek etc etc etc decent ? ooooooh and english :D

Their are some legal hispanics in america, who dont like illegals taking their jobs, housing, and things, they didnt legally earn.

The minutemen have hispanics in their organization too. So this is no big surprise to me.

cuz they are basicly american martin

manu1959
11-01-2007, 09:26 PM
are we forgetting that america is built up from all nationalities , who eventually can trace back to an italian , portugese . irish , greek etc etc etc decent ? ooooooh and english :D
cuz they are basicly american martin

question...in england ...if you are a citizen do you call various folks of various decent...

african english
mexican english
italian english
irish english
etc........

Immanuel
11-01-2007, 09:28 PM
You forgot the hyphen. Here let me help...

question...in england ...if you are a citizen do you call various folks of various decent...

african-english
mexican-english
italian-english
irish-english
etc........

And lastly, don't forget "American-English" :laugh2:

Immie

Hmm, I tried bolding the hyphen in the quote but it didn't work. Oh well... pretend they are bolded.

Yurt
11-01-2007, 09:30 PM
i belive when you commit a crime against the federal govt / break a federal law or one of the dozen or so crimes that by most deffinitions are felonies....

my dad so wished i would have become an attorney....:laugh2:

again, who makes that decision that you actually broke the law? is there not a presumption of innocence in America? OJ is not a felon for murder, despite that most believe he is.

I am not sure if you say someone committing a felony you would immediately call them a felon, my hunch is, you would call them a murderer, rapists, grand theft stealer, or idiot.

:)

As I said, hate to do this, but then ........ :laugh2: defendants...... post conviction......:laugh2:

mrg666
11-01-2007, 09:38 PM

african english
mexican english
italian english
irish english
etc........

ill be honest
a pakistani is a paki
and im not going into the rest ( we dont have a mex problem )
essentialy after a generation or two they are british .
however the current immigration laws have opened the floodgates up and it is chaos.
imagine congress tommorow saying.
as from tommorow all south american citizens are legaly entitled to come and seek work in the usa .
ok ok so lets say 50 % ?
we have had a steady stream of common wealth immigrants over the years notably jamaicans , irish etc .
but the current onslaught from mostly eastern europe ie poland, latvia, russia etc (and iraq ) is beyond anything we have ever known .
your country is built up on immigrants ours isn't (unless you count all the invasions bc )
to answer your question fully.
no :D

Kathianne
11-01-2007, 09:42 PM
I've yet to find a Mexican that feels the same as I do, at least regarding illegal immigration.

manu1959
11-01-2007, 09:59 PM
I've yet to find a Mexican that feels the same as I do, at least regarding illegal immigration.

they do.....try to be from south america and get into mexico and watch what happens.....

Yurt
11-01-2007, 11:25 PM
they do.....try to be from south america and get into mexico and watch what happens.....

ratta ta tat, ratta ta tat

oh, are you bleeding?

manu1959
11-01-2007, 11:28 PM
ratta ta tat, ratta ta tat

oh, are you bleeding?

badges......we don't need no stinking badges.....

Yurt
11-01-2007, 11:41 PM
badges......we don't need no stinking badges.....

gringo

manu1959
11-01-2007, 11:42 PM
gringo

cracker ass cracker

Yurt
11-01-2007, 11:44 PM
cracker ass cracker

manu should have his posting license removed

Yurt
11-01-2007, 11:52 PM
WHAT, no outrage. I am been discrimatededed. Jesse the WomanLovin Reverend Jackson would have been all over this in two seconds, two seconds.

I am helpless.....

btw, saltine crackers with swiss and a pinch of gouda, hmmmm, for a kick, jalepeno jelly

Immanuel
11-02-2007, 07:02 AM

My brother spent a week in Belize on a missions trip. He told me that the power throughout the country goes off on a regular basis. They asked why this kept happening and were told that power is supplied by Mexico and Mexico doesn't like the fact that "Illegal Immigrants" are allowed to cross the border from Belize into Mexico so they shut the power off. Go figure! Hypocritical SOB's :)

I don't know for sure that is accurate but that was what they told him.

Immie

Pale Rider
11-02-2007, 11:51 AM
As long as the word "illegal" is there, then as you stated we are ok.

Your definition of Alien also fits people who are here legally, but are not yet citizens. In fact, my wife was technically considered a "resident alien" (see above post that calls students nonimmigrants) when she was here as a student, legally. She was not an immigrant that point. However, when we hooked up and began the legal process of her citizenship, she then became an immigrant and was then given a "green" card or permanent residency card as she chose to reside her permanently.

In fact, I use to tease her about the "alien" status the government gave her.

Precisely.