PDA

View Full Version : Westboro Baptists lose $11M

10-31-2007, 10:57 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071031/ap_on_re_us/funeral_protests

Looks like harassing funerals is not protected speech.

Monkeybone
11-01-2007, 07:48 AM
i read about that last night. "first thought was good". not that i am against freedom of speech and yes this ppl are entitled to their opinions, but doing that at funerals has to be one of the scummiest things i have ever seen. hopefully this will stop them.

Trigg
11-01-2007, 11:44 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071031/ap_on_re_us/funeral_protests

Looks like harassing funerals is not protected speech.

:clap::clap::clap:

Immanuel
11-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Good, I'm glad Westboro lost. Too bad the father will never collect a dime.

But, I would have been much more satisfied had I found out that Westboro had lost that money because no one would support their cause. In other words had it been a "business loss". They spent the money but could not get the contributions.

Immie

Hagbard Celine
11-01-2007, 12:54 PM
These people are slimebags. They should be tarred and feathered and then fed to lions.

dan
11-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Fred Phelps and his entire family need a solid ass-beating, losing money isn't going to hurt them. It really takes a lot for me to genuinely wish physical harm on somebody, but these pieces of crap deserve it.

Guernicaa
11-01-2007, 04:48 PM
I wonder if people constantly vandalize their "Church".

I know I'd have absolutely no problem doing some late night drive by shootings with any automatic weapon I can get my hands on.

PostmodernProphet
11-01-2007, 07:00 PM
I wonder if people constantly vandalize their "Church".

I know I'd have absolutely no problem doing some late night drive by shootings with any automatic weapon I can get my hands on.

actually, I sorta had you pictured as someone who had no problem with that regarding any church.....

actsnoblemartin
11-01-2007, 07:33 PM
actually it looks like they have a million dollars in assets

Good, I'm glad Westboro lost. Too bad the father will never collect a dime.

But, I would have been much more satisfied had I found out that Westboro had lost that money because no one would support their cause. In other words had it been a "business loss". They spent the money but could not get the contributions.

Immie

Immanuel
11-01-2007, 07:39 PM
actually it looks like they have a million dollars in assets

A million dollars in assets? I don't know where you got that figure, but a million in assets really isn't that much. A single piece of property can be worth a million dollars and it didn't even need to have been contributed. Mr Phelps, I refuse to call him Pastor or Rev, could have owned that before establishing the church.

Immie

Gaffer
11-01-2007, 09:08 PM
It will curtail their getting around to attend funerals now which was the objective. Kinda like the guy that sued the kkk and won.