PDA

View Full Version : need some prayers

10-31-2007, 11:47 PM
I am starting some part time work on a major case tomorrow. I dont know much of the details but this is my first case and im incredibly nervous. So id appreciate some prayers.

stephanie
10-31-2007, 11:52 PM
Prayers sent..

I have faith in ya...
Now go kick sum butt...:cheers2:

Yurt
10-31-2007, 11:53 PM
Got it. You're awesome. You have made it this far, you will succeed. Plus, it will be fun and a great learning experience.

Go get em!

Pale Rider
11-01-2007, 02:53 AM
I am starting some part time work on a major case tomorrow. I dont know much of the details but this is my first case and im incredibly nervous. So id appreciate some prayers.

It might even be interesting for us to help, in any way we can. I do realize there's that confidentiality thing, but anything else.

Support? You got it pard.

remie
11-01-2007, 07:44 AM

Come on av, you've got all that fancy book learnin'. No need to be nervous. Just in case you are, prayers sent.

diuretic
11-02-2007, 03:45 AM
Lawyer work is tough work, best of luck av.

Kathianne
11-02-2007, 04:45 AM
You know you have them! Congratulations! The learning never stops. :laugh2:

BoogyMan
11-02-2007, 07:53 AM

Go get em Avatar and good luck! :)

Immanuel
11-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Wait a minute... maybe this case adversly affects me. Maybe I should know more about this case before I send you prayers.

I definitely need more details before I send prayers.

But Good Luck anyway.

Immie

dan
11-02-2007, 08:42 AM

Just pretend your opponent is a liberal from here and tear him apart.;)

Seriously, you'll do fine. They don't just let anybody practice law, you got what it takes, now it's time to let the legal world know it!

CockySOB
11-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Be thinking of ya! Just be meticulous and it'll be OK.

actsnoblemartin
11-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Best of luck

:)

diuretic
11-05-2007, 03:11 AM
Update would be good - not in detail of course, just a general how it went thing.

dan
11-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Update would be good - not in detail of course, just a general how it went thing.

I was wondering about whether it's legal or not for a lawyer to discuss a case while it's still going on. Obviously, I know that jurors aren't supposed to be allowed to discuss cases, but I wasn't sure on lawyers. I know in John Grisham novels, the lawyers always discuss their cases with their mentors or whatever, but I'm not going to take that as fact, y'know?

Anyone wanna shed some light here? Diuretic, Avatar?

diuretic
11-05-2007, 08:08 AM
I was wondering about whether it's legal or not for a lawyer to discuss a case while it's still going on. Obviously, I know that jurors aren't supposed to be allowed to discuss cases, but I wasn't sure on lawyers. I know in John Grisham novels, the lawyers always discuss their cases with their mentors or whatever, but I'm not going to take that as fact, y'know?

Anyone wanna shed some light here? Diuretic, Avatar?

Can't help dan, I'm not a lawyer, but I do know that in my jurisdiction no-one says anything about a case while it's running (sub judice rule, judges go bunta if anyone breaches it). But I would think Av would be well advised to keep it very, very general if comments were made.

dan
11-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Can't help dan, I'm not a lawyer, but I do know that in my jurisdiction no-one says anything about a case while it's running (sub judice rule, judges go bunta if anyone breaches it). But I would think Av would be well advised to keep it very, very general if comments were made.

Waitasec, what do you do, then? Why did I think you were a lawyer?