PDA

View Full Version : Line up here with your complaints!

jimnyc
11-01-2007, 10:22 AM
I've done this before and I'm willing to try again. We ask users to leave general complaints and complaints about staff off the board. We also ask that the PM system be used for requests, changes, beefs, problems...

Please use this thread to voice what issues you might have with the board and I'll do my best to address them, if possible. This is not to complain directly about other users, and others shouldn't address or question one another's complaints. Just make believe you are writing to me directly, but this way the entire board sees what others feel is wrong and how it will be handled going forth.

Please be mature about this thread and use it to have your say. Abuse will have you removed from this thread.

As in the past, I'll leave this open for a few days before locking it down and addressing all the issues.

hjmick
11-01-2007, 11:14 AM
I got nothing.

It strikes me as petty and juvenile to complain about something you get for free, something of which you choose to partake. It's not as if any of us are forced to read and/or post.

Pale Rider
11-01-2007, 11:35 AM
No complaints here. Of course maybe I didn't need to post to say it. Remove this if you like, but at least now you know I have no complaints.

manu1959
11-01-2007, 11:41 AM
i think you and the staff do a great job.....

to complain about something that is free and is what you make it....

Hagbard Celine
11-01-2007, 12:12 PM
I have a crick in my neck and a sore shoulder from sanding drywall in my kitchen yesterday. :dance: Owwwww. It really huuuurts! Ahhgggnnnnnhngn!

BoogyMan
11-01-2007, 12:17 PM
I've done this before and I'm willing to try again. We ask users to leave general complaints and complaints about staff off the board. We also ask that the PM system be used for requests, changes, beefs, problems...

Please use this thread to voice what issues you might have with the board and I'll do my best to address them, if possible. This is not to complain directly about other users, and others shouldn't address or question one another's complaints. Just make believe you are writing to me directly, but this way the entire board sees what others feel is wrong and how it will be handled going forth.

Please be mature about this thread and use it to have your say. Abuse will have you removed from this thread.

As in the past, I'll leave this open for a few days before locking it down and addressing all the issues.

This board is great. No complaints from me. :D

dan
11-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Jackass keeps hitting on me through PMs.:laugh2:

gabosaurus
11-01-2007, 01:52 PM
The only complaints I have would get me banned. Since there are those are can't handle being told they are not perfect.

Otherwise, I primarily complain just for the heck of it. Since we liberals are always complaining about something.

PostmodernProphet
11-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Line up here with your complaints!

my feet hurt.....

OCA
11-01-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm not allowed to seek revenge for wrongs against me. I'm being censored, threads deleted, posts deleted, sigs messed with.

The sanitization of the board goes against the grain, would like to see the board resemble USMB circa middle of 2004.

Since i'm not allowed to rip into other members thats all I have.

Abbey Marie
11-01-2007, 02:25 PM
What on earth is taking LiberalNation so long to post in here? :popcorn:

PostmodernProphet
11-01-2007, 07:02 PM
she doesn't need a dedicated thread....she's already posted all her complaints.....

actsnoblemartin
11-01-2007, 07:23 PM
I have nothing to complain about, the mods are nice and fair. I really enjoy the debates

Kathianne
11-01-2007, 07:27 PM
My only complaint, where is the 'free popcorn'? I keep hearing about it, seeing smilies, but not real popcorn, just virtual. Now THAT is a complaint! Jim, you got to do something about it!

82Marine89
11-01-2007, 07:29 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/hmpf.gif

actsnoblemartin
11-01-2007, 07:32 PM
I got a complaint, how come im only five foot seven (inches tall)

:lol:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/hmpf.gif

Yurt
11-01-2007, 08:47 PM

I want to be a sheeple, I don't like all these independent, think for themselves conservatives on this board. Please make them go away. I baaeeg you.

Nah, most good. Did you ever look into that advert that comes up once a day like the CIV forum I visit? You mentioned it a while back, not sure how it turned out. Not a bad thing if it brings in good revenue for a good product with a minimal distraction to the overall product. IMO.

I think this site has great characters and topics. My only "complaint" would be that I like some of the controversial threads left open. I did not say all. For instance, I think the banning a user from a thread for "flaming" might be a wee sensitive now. This is an internet board, sometimes people come to just let off steam, whatnot. Besides, controversy, whether you like it or not, gets attention/viewers.

Don't get me wrong, I love that I have known some here for a few years, but, it is fun to get fresh........blood........errr, posters.

:)

diuretic
11-02-2007, 03:36 AM
Not a bad joint for a right wing lunatic asylum......hah, just kidding. :laugh2:

Sorry, no complaints. I like a bit of verbal biffo but I reckon I've been left alone pretty well (mods, I only need a tap on the shoulder) and I reckon the place is run with a pretty light hand and, more importantly, impartially.

Thanks to those who take the time to run things.

jackass
11-02-2007, 05:39 AM

I told you...that was going to be our big secret!

dan
11-02-2007, 06:43 AM
I told you...that was going to be our big secret!

And, I told you, I don't know what a Hot Carl is and I'm not interested in finding out!!!!

chesswarsnow
11-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But this is a great board, and getting better.
2. Seems some flamers have had their torches put out a bit.
3. Which is a good thing, for civil society.
4. We all know who they are, so no need to name names.
5. I am not a flamer, I am more or less a FFFFEU.
6. *Four By Four Fire and Flamer Extinguishing Unit*:laugh2:
7. Some of us are better at some things than others.
8. We all have talents.
9. I do my best in helping folks get real.:pee:Flamers
10. Maybe if things get dull for some here, which is perhaps a possibility.
11. The mods here could make a section called, *Flame Wars*.
12. That way you know what you're getting into when you click on it.
13. Just a thought.:poke:

gabosaurus
11-02-2007, 11:19 AM
A forum for unlimited debate would be good. You could say what you want.

There are always people who get offended when others disagree with their opinions.

Then there are the people who believe that free speech should be disabled, if it offends their sensibilities.

When I start caring about what you think, I will let you know. :)

darin
11-02-2007, 11:27 AM
No specific complaints with the board. Very specific complaints with some users who can't read and follow very specific, simple guidlines and rules. But - they know who they are cuz they hear from me. :D

Take this thread, for instance - it's VERY specifically NOT for bitching about the staff - yet...what did we have? RIGHT...somebody bitching about the staff...(sigh).

hjmick
11-02-2007, 11:53 AM
No specific complaints with the board. Very specific complaints with some users who can't read and follow very specific, simple guidlines and rules. But - they know who they are cuz they hear from me. :D

Take this thread, for instance - it's VERY specifically NOT for bitching about the staff - yet...what did we have? RIGHT...somebody bitching about the staff...(sigh).

For some people, comprehension is an issue.

BoogyMan
11-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Not a bad joint for a right wing lunatic asylum......hah, just kidding. :laugh2:

Sorry, no complaints. I like a bit of verbal biffo but I reckon I've been left alone pretty well (mods, I only need a tap on the shoulder) and I reckon the place is run with a pretty light hand and, more importantly, impartially.

Thanks to those who take the time to run things.

Well said Diuretic, well said!

JohnDoe
11-02-2007, 12:26 PM

i got one:

when you or your staff decides to censor a post and delete it, it should be shown on the thread, that the post was deleted, and the reason given, in the post box that was censored.

Also, when you or your staff decides to censor a poster, by removing them from a thread, via banning them from the thread, there should be notification to the people on that thread that a poster that you were debating with, had been removed from the thread, via a ban, and the specific reason for the ban, should be posted..... doing it clandestantly, in darkness and not in the light of day can lead to all kinds of speculation on partisanship or abuse of power....

i do recognize that you own the joint, and u can do as you please, but you asked for suggestions....well, with exceptions that is.... this post of mine will probably be removed also!!! :eek: but if they do remove this opinion or comments of mine, i think it should remain on the thread, but with blacked out lines of the stuff you and your staff chose to censor. or a big red stamp across the poster's box with CENSORED on the box, and a reason given why the person was censored, so everyone on this board or thread, can SEE what is going on. I know this would take courage, guts to do, but it would be a learning experience for all of us, and help us figure out why the main poster in the thread of a hundred posts, all of a sudden is not there to answer the posts being shot at them!!!

May you and your staff,
have a nice day!!! :)

jd

11-02-2007, 12:48 PM
not enough beautiful women posting pictures of themselves. But then i doubt you can control that

other than that i dont got nothing.

hjmick
11-02-2007, 12:51 PM
other than that i dont got nothing.

So what you're saying is, you've got something. :coffee:

dan
11-02-2007, 01:04 PM
i got one:

when you or your staff decides to censor a post and delete it, it should be shown on the thread, that the post was deleted, and the reason given, in the post box that was censored.

Also, when you or your staff decides to censor a poster, by removing them from a thread, via banning them from the thread, there should be notification to the people on that thread that a poster that you were debating with, had been removed from the thread, via a ban, and the specific reason for the ban, should be posted..... doing it clandestantly, in darkness and not in the light of day can lead to all kinds of speculation on partisanship or abuse of power....

i do recognize that you own the joint, and u can do as you please, but you asked for suggestions....well, with exceptions that is.... this post of mine will probably be removed also!!! :eek: but if they do remove this opinion or comments of mine, i think it should remain on the thread, but with blacked out lines of the stuff you and your staff chose to censor. or a big red stamp across the poster's box with CENSORED on the box, and a reason given why the person was censored, so everyone on this board or thread, can SEE what is going on. I know this would take courage, guts to do, but it would be a learning experience for all of us, and help us figure out why the main poster in the thread of a hundred posts, all of a sudden is not there to answer the posts being shot at them!!!

May you and your staff,

jd

Going along with this, I think it should be public why members have been banned, unless it is a personal issue. I know I'm not the only one who's seen people get banned for stuff that wasn't very fair, and we can't voice our opinions on this issue publicly. I think we should be allowed to.

darin
11-02-2007, 01:31 PM
i got one:

May you and your staff,

jd

User banned from thread for bitching about the staff - which, based on the OP, wasn't appropriate.

Immanuel
11-02-2007, 01:44 PM
User banned from thread for bitching about the staff - which, based on the OP, wasn't appropriate.

Tell me this is just a joke and you really didn't ban her from the thread.

I didnt read that as a bitch session, but more as a suggestion.

Immie

darin
11-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Tell me this is just a joke and you really didn't ban her from the thread.

I didnt read that as a bitch session, but more as a suggestion.

Immie

It's a joke. :D

Perhaps it's just ME who thinks it'd be funny to "ban" her from a thread where she was complaining about banning from threads. Sorry...my 'humor' is odd at times.

:D

Immanuel
11-02-2007, 01:46 PM
It's a joke. :D

Perhaps it's just ME who thinks it'd be funny to "ban" her from a thread where she was complaining about banning from threads. Sorry...my 'humor' is odd at times.

:D

Hahaha, it was funny, but it looked real.

Immie

LiberalNation
11-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Staff sucks, all probs stem from that.

jimnyc
11-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Staff sucks, all probs stem from that.

I've dealt with issues for the past 36 hours and have been going crazy trying to get this site back online, and seeking out alternatives. Your thoughts are taken under advisement. My thoughts are for you: go fuck yourself.

jimnyc
11-04-2007, 01:35 PM
I have a crick in my neck and a sore shoulder from sanding drywall in my kitchen yesterday. :dance: Owwwww. It really huuuurts! Ahhgggnnnnnhngn!

Go to your local CVS and get some ice heat patches, they work wonderfully!

He does it to me too. Just ignore him.

The only complaints I have would get me banned. Since there are those are can't handle being told they are not perfect.

Otherwise, I primarily complain just for the heck of it. Since we liberals are always complaining about something.

Your complaints wouldn't have gotten you banned if you stated them in a mature manner. PM me if you have any outstanding issues.

my feet hurt.....

PM Jackass, he likes to give a good foot massage to other guys.

I'm not allowed to seek revenge for wrongs against me. I'm being censored, threads deleted, posts deleted, sigs messed with.

The sanitization of the board goes against the grain, would like to see the board resemble USMB circa middle of 2004.

Since i'm not allowed to rip into other members thats all I have.

Asking you to abide by the rules is not censoring you. Threads and posts that repeatedly break the rules can possibly be deleted. Signatures will be deleted as well if they aren't within the board guidelines.

What on earth is taking LiberalNation so long to post in here? :popcorn:

She was probably busy being a pain in the ass to staff at another board at the time.

My only complaint, where is the 'free popcorn'? I keep hearing about it, seeing smilies, but not real popcorn, just virtual. Now THAT is a complaint! Jim, you got to do something about it!

Jackass is responsible for this too! He hogs all the popcorn. Send him some negative rep for being a pig!

I got a complaint, how come im only five foot seven (inches tall)

:lol:

Can't help you there, but I can forward a few emails to you that I got if you're interested in a penis enlargement!

I want to be a sheeple, I don't like all these independent, think for themselves conservatives on this board. Please make them go away. I baaeeg you.

Nah, most good. Did you ever look into that advert that comes up once a day like the CIV forum I visit? You mentioned it a while back, not sure how it turned out. Not a bad thing if it brings in good revenue for a good product with a minimal distraction to the overall product. IMO.

I think this site has great characters and topics. My only "complaint" would be that I like some of the controversial threads left open. I did not say all. For instance, I think the banning a user from a thread for "flaming" might be a wee sensitive now. This is an internet board, sometimes people come to just let off steam, whatnot. Besides, controversy, whether you like it or not, gets attention/viewers.

Don't get me wrong, I love that I have known some here for a few years, but, it is fun to get fresh........blood........errr, posters.

:)

We will work harder on allowing controversy to exist within the threads and leave them open so long as the thread remains on topic for the most part. If the thread goes south far enough it may be closed and/or moved to the cage.

A forum for unlimited debate would be good. You could say what you want.

There are always people who get offended when others disagree with their opinions.

Then there are the people who believe that free speech should be disabled, if it offends their sensibilities.

When I start caring about what you think, I will let you know. :)

This entire board is for unlimited debate, and you can say what you want.

i got one:

May you and your staff,

jd

Staff will work harder to announce within threads when another member has been removed, this way nobody expects a response from said user any longer. It's no one else's business as to why we delete posts, so that will remain as is. We also need not notify everyone as to why a user was removed from a thread, suffice to say that they broke the rules and were deservedly removed from said thread. There is no reason whatsoever for the entire board to be aware when a single member is disciplined and why. It only leads to further public complaints and whining.

Going along with this, I think it should be public why members have been banned, unless it is a personal issue. I know I'm not the only one who's seen people get banned for stuff that wasn't very fair, and we can't voice our opinions on this issue publicly. I think we should be allowed to.

Nobody really needs to know why another member was banned. Again, it's sufficient to know they broke the written rules and were disciplined as a result. The reason being public knowledge is only for "rubberneckers" and it serves the board no good purpose. If reminders are needed for the entire board as to rules that are being broken, I will make an announcement so everyone is aware.