PDA

View Full Version : Obama takes questions from 5-year-old

stephanie
11-01-2007, 09:58 PM
I will not make any wisecracking remarks here...I promise..:coffee:

By MIKE BAKER, Associated Press Writer
2 hours, 4 minutes ago

DURHAM, N.C. - Here's one way to get a presidential candidate to change his mind: If you're a 5-year-old, shed a few tears.

ADVERTISEMENT

That's how Hadassah Jones, of Durham, got Barack Obama to answer questions Thursday after the campaign initially denied such requests from reporters.

Crouching to the ground after a rally with 4,000 supporters, Obama briefly outlined for Hadassah his plan to provide health insurance for everyone and to improve schools. He also suggested to the first-grader that wealthier people should help those who are less fortunate.

SNIP:
"We've got to make sure that people who have more money help the people who have less money," Obama said. "If you had a whole pizza, and your friend had no pizza, would you give him a slice?"

read the rest...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071102/ap_on_el_pr/obama_child_reporter

mrg666
11-01-2007, 10:11 PM
"We've got to make sure that people who have more money help the people who have less money," Obama said. "If you had a whole pizza, and your friend had no pizza, would you give him a slice?"
all good words a kid would agree as well.
take this on to a national level ie national health / social security system (like ours)
the rot sets in ' african immigrants (with aids ) have been known to come here not declare the condition they have then rape our nhs it costs thousands in aids treatments ( we all pay a contributuion ) .
so sharing the pizza when we are all big kids isnt so quaint .
russian communisn could well have had better answers without the corruption

82Marine89
11-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Obama takes questions from 5-year-old

And finally he understood what someone was asking.

PostmodernProphet
11-01-2007, 10:28 PM
"If you had a whole pizza, and your friend had no pizza, would you give him a slice?"

to which she replied, "Why no, Mr. Obama....I would make the grocery store give him a free frozen pizza.....I'm a Democrat, remember?".......

stephanie
11-01-2007, 10:38 PM
to which she replied, "Why no, Mr. Obama....I would make the grocery store give him a free frozen pizza.....I'm a Democrat, remember?".......

:2up:

manu1959
11-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Obama said. "If you had a whole pizza, and your friend had no pizza, would you give him a slice?"

my friend yes.....a random slacker...no

Mr. P
11-01-2007, 10:45 PM

then she added:
.....cept it's really not free...someone must pay for it, that would be a rich guy like you, Mr. Obama. How's that?

manu1959
11-01-2007, 10:59 PM
"We've got to make sure that people who have more money help the people who have less money," Obama said.

kid should have asked him for his gold watch....

Yurt
11-01-2007, 11:43 PM
"We've got to make sure that people who have more money help the people who have less money," Obama said.

kid should have asked him for his gold watch....

how un-communist of you :slap: the watch belongs to the "state", him....