PDA

View Full Version : Minuteman group grows amid illegal immigration fight

82Marine89
11-01-2007, 10:17 PM
KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Reuters) - Retired Kansas policeman Ed Hayes lives a quiet life with his wife and pet poodles in a spacious suburban home near Kansas City, far from the main front line over illegal immigration along the U.S. border with Mexico.

But over the last 18 months the 66-year-old grandfather has been drawn into the battle nonetheless, becoming active on a second front.

He has joined many individuals, who, with state and municipal leaders, have given up waiting for federal action and are working to control illegal immigration themselves.

The issue has become a priority not only for activists like Hayes but also for state and local leaders around the United States who say illegal immigration limits job opportunities for Americans and severely strains community resources.

Hayes is a member of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps (MCDC), a national organization that is one of several groups that have formed, including one in Oklahoma called Outraged Patriots.

"It's not about skin color, it's about breaking the law," said Hayes, who oversees Kansas and Missouri chapters of the

MCDC.

Hayes hasn't yet engaged in a Minuteman border patrol, in which armed members actually search along the U.S.-Mexican border for those trying to cross illegally.

His efforts are generally restricted to joining with other like-minded Midwesterners in picketing construction sites employing undocumented workers or handing out pamphlets at carnivals and gun shows.

CONTROVERSIAL

The Minuteman group has a controversial reputation. Critics see it as a sometimes violent, racist organization of would-be vigilantes and some classify it as a hate group. But supporters say the group is non-violent and only aims to enforce the law.

"We demand border security, enforce our immigration laws, and make sure you hold people who hire illegal immigrants accountable," said MCDC national executive director Al Garza.

Minuteman membership has been growing nationally recently, with hundreds of new members added in the last three months, according to Garza.

A new chapter is starting in Colorado with a new-member meeting November 17, and the group now has some form of representation in nearly every state with a total of more than 9,000 members, Garza said.

Kansas City parks and recreation board member Frances Semler said she joined the MCDC last year because she was so frustrated with a lack of action by Congress and an increasing strain on community resources. Her membership has cost the city convention business and some have called for her dismissal.

Still, MCDC members say they see their fight against illegal immigration becoming more mainstream as states and municipalities around the country pass laws to curb illegal immigration.

Forty-three states enacted 182 immigration-related laws this year, "an unprecedented level of activity," according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

"This is not a political thing," said Hayes. "It's not a Democrat or a Republican thing. It's an American thing."

LINK (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071101/us_nm/immigration_states_minuteman_dc)

82Marine89
11-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Hayes hasn't yet engaged in a Minuteman border patrol, in which armed members actually search along the U.S.-Mexican border for those trying to cross illegally.

You can always tell when these article are written by members of the OBL.

gabosaurus
11-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Do we really need a group of armed vigilantes? Have them work on the government first.

Nukeman
11-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Do we really need a group of armed vigilantes? Have them work on the government first.Apparently we do!!! The current administration doesn't seem to get it do they!!!

How about you go down to Mexico and remind the Mexicans how to treat their illegal aliens who are coming to their ****ry. When these hypocriticle bastards start treating all of the illegals coming across their southern border fairly than they can complain to us....:slap:

GW in Ohio
11-02-2007, 01:11 PM
This seems a great way for militant right-wingers to get to see a different part of the country, get some exercise in the fresh air, and commune with like-minded right-wing wackos. I can see them sitting around the campfire, singing Protestant hymns and God Bless America as they sip their low-cal mocha lattes.

And if this plays out right.........Bonus...You get to shoot some Mexicans.

Nukeman
11-02-2007, 01:39 PM
This seems a great way for militant right-wingers to get to see a different part of the country, get some exercise in the fresh air, and commune with like-minded right-wing wackos. I can see them sitting around the campfire, singing Protestant hymns and God Bless America as they sip their low-cal mocha lattes.

And if this plays out right.........Bonus...You get to shoot some Mexicans.So tell me when exactly did the MM shoot a mexican?? and since when is it militant to want to PROTECT your own country form illegals??

Because someone may be 1. religous, 2. right wing, they are automaticly wakos in your book!

Gaffer
11-04-2007, 02:08 PM
The MM is armed with cell phones. They call the Border Patrol when theysee illegals coming in.

But they they are loyal Americans and the libs hate Americans.

actsnoblemartin
11-04-2007, 05:08 PM
The minutemen are heroes.

The MM is armed with cell phones. They call the Border Patrol when theysee illegals coming in.

But they they are loyal Americans and the libs hate Americans.

LuvRPgrl
11-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Nobody owns the world. If a person can provide for themselves , they should be able to go anywhere and live anywhere they want. period. its called FREEDOM. I dont recall Jesus having a passport or visa.

Pale Rider
11-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Nobody owns the world. If a person can provide for themselves , they should be able to go anywhere and live anywhere they want. period. its called FREEDOM. I dont recall Jesus having a passport or visa.

What planet did you just arrive from?

Pale Rider
11-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Do we really need a group of armed vigilantes? Have them work on the government first.

The only thing the MM are armed with is a pair of binoculars and a cell phone.

Believe me, if they were allowed to carry guns... I'D BE THERE!

82Marine89
11-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Do we really need a group of armed vigilantes?

You must love Jorge Arbusto Bush something fierce in order to spew his rhetoric almost word for word.

actsnoblemartin
11-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Americans own america, this isnt about jesus, isnt about borders.

Every country has a right to have them

gabosaurus
11-05-2007, 12:27 AM
The "Minutemen" tried their luck in Alhambra last summer. They were going to "stake out" some day labor places and take photos of those who conducted business there.
When they got back to their vehicles, someone had stripped them. :lmao:

Gaffer
11-05-2007, 03:13 AM
The "Minutemen" tried their luck in Alhambra last summer. They were going to "stake out" some day labor places and take photos of those who conducted business there.

And guns came into play here when?

Nukeman
11-05-2007, 08:15 AM
I bet it was those illegal mexicans that did it!!!!!

82Marine89
11-05-2007, 08:50 AM

And if this plays out right.........Bonus...You get to shoot some Mexicans.

Sorry, but there are plenty of democrats out there as well. Protecting the sovereignty of this great Nation has nothing to do with party line rhetoric and everything to do with patriotism.

You and Gabosaurus are nothing more than modern day slave masters.

gabosaurus
11-05-2007, 11:32 AM
"Modern day slave masters"? :lmao

We are not vigilantes. The job of establishing and enforcing American immigration laws is up to the state and federal governments. I don't recall hearing of any "minutemen" at the Canadian border. Which is where many of the actual terrorists enter the country.
The dudes are operating at a serious disadvantage. Like the two "minutemen" who were gunned down while patrolling the Arizona border. At least 30 people were in the area, but none of them actually "saw" the incident.
"No habla ingles senor..." :)

Nukeman
11-05-2007, 11:56 AM

We are not vigilantes. The job of establishing and enforcing American immigration laws is up to the state and federal governments. I don't recall hearing of any "minutemen" at the Canadian border. Which is where many of the actual terrorists enter the country.
The dudes are operating at a serious disadvantage. Like the two "minutemen" who were gunned down while patrolling the Arizona border. At least 30 people were in the area, but none of them actually "saw" the incident.
"No habla ingles senor..." :)Once again you don't UNDERSTAND what your talking about!!!

The MM are there to locate and tell the authorities of where Illegal crossing are occuring, nothing more.

As for terrorist, they (the MM) are not on the borders looking for terrorist, they are looking for the LARGE number of illegal crossers and thats it. Now when we have the numbers of illegals coming across the Canadian border that we have coming across the Mexican border you can argue to your hearts content but untill then the MM will be where the most illegal activity takes place.

Your just upset that they may catch one of your relatives aren't you????:slap:

LuvRPgrl
11-05-2007, 05:16 PM
What planet did you just arrive from?

Yea, you think the natives should have told Columbus to go home since he had no passport, and the europeans had a history of enslaving those they came across in their explorations?

But anyways, I see you dont want to respond to my actual statement, who has the right to ownership of the world to tell me where or when I can travel, as long as I take care of my own needs? Who has the right to tell me whom I can employ? Or work for? when and where the two agreeing parties want to do it?

LuvRPgrl
11-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Americans own america, this isnt about jesus, isnt about borders.

Every country has a right to have them

Really? So, if Americans decided you cant walk down public streets, they can? as long as its american streets they are talking about?

EVERYTHING is about Jesus, and borders is exactly what the entire issue is about, what planet did you just come from?

actsnoblemartin
11-05-2007, 07:13 PM
This isnt about walking down the streets, so dont change the subject.

Seconds, its not about jesus.

its about the facts that every country has a right to a border, if you cant understand that i suggest you leave me alone, because you dont understand common sense.

and not everybody believes in jesus thank you very much

but thank you for assuming everyone on this board and in the world does

:slap:

Really? So, if Americans decided you cant walk down public streets, they can? as long as its american streets they are talking about?

EVERYTHING is about Jesus, and borders is exactly what the entire issue is about, what planet did you just come from?

Pale Rider
11-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Yea, you think the natives should have told Columbus to go home since he had no passport, and the europeans had a history of enslaving those they came across in their explorations?

But anyways, I see you dont want to respond to my actual statement, who has the right to ownership of the world to tell me where or when I can travel, as long as I take care of my own needs? Who has the right to tell me whom I can employ? Or work for? when and where the two agreeing parties want to do it?

You're argument is so utterly ridiculous, it doesn't hardly deserve a response. You talk as though the planet is one big, happy family of man where everyone walks free from country to country, holding hands, no laws, no borders, and singing Kum Ba Ya, when in reality, it's the absolute opposite.

Get real.

REDWHITEBLUE2
11-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Who has the right to tell me whom I can employ? Or work for? :poke:the same people who tell us we have to rent to queers the LIBERALS

82Marine89
11-05-2007, 11:54 PM

:link:

"No habla ingles senor..." :)

So you condone citizens from another country attacking and shooting Americans? You're scum.

82Marine89
11-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Yea, you think the natives should have told Columbus to go home since he had no passport, and the europeans had a history of enslaving those they came across in their explorations? But anyways, I see you dont want to respond to my actual statement, who has the right to ownership of the world to tell me where or when I can travel, as long as I take care of my own needs? Who has the right to tell me whom I can employ? Or work for? when and where the two agreeing parties want to do it?

Go to another country and tell them that. Tell them you don't need no stinking passport because you're a citizen of the earth. God, I pray you're sterile.

actsnoblemartin
11-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Their was no border at the time the europeans came here, just a bunch on native american tribes.

Nice try lprgirl