PDA

View Full Version : 'This Will Make voter fraud EASIER...

stephanie
11-02-2007, 12:11 PM
This is their plan all along..

Why does Mrs. Clinton want driver's licenses for illegal aliens?

Friday, November 2, 2007 12:01 a.m. EDT

Sen. Hillary Clinton was asked during a debate this week if she supported New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer's plan to give driver's licenses to illegal immigrants. At first she seemed to endorse the idea, then claimed, "I did not say that it should be done, but I certainly recognize why Governor Spitzer is trying to do it."

The next day she took a firmer stand (sort of) by offering general support for Gov. Spitzer's approach, but adding that she hadn't studied his specific plan. She should, and so should the rest of us. It stops just short of being an engraved invitation for people to commit voter fraud.

The background here is the National Voter Registration Act, commonly known as "Motor Voter," that President Bill Clinton signed into law in 1993. It required all states to offer voter registration to anyone getting a driver's license. One simply fills out a form and checks a box stating he is a citizen; he is then registered and in most states does not have to show any ID to vote.

But no one checks if the person registering to vote is indeed a citizen. That greatly concerns New York election officials, who processed 245,000 voter registrations at DMV offices last year. "It would be [tough to catch] if someone wanted to . . . get a number of people registered who aren't citizens and went ahead and got them drivers' licenses," says Lee Daghlian, spokesman for New York's Board of Elections. Assemblywoman Ginny Fields, a Long Island Democrat, warns that the state's "Board of Elections has no voter police" and that the state probably has upwards of 500,000 illegal immigrants old enough to drive.

read the rest..
http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110010814

JohnDoe
11-02-2007, 12:37 PM
HOGWASH. Not that I agree with what Spitzer is doing but I saw a segment on this last night that explains that these driver's licences to the illegals DO NOT IN ANY WAY represent a valid gvt id for these people to get any benefits, or a voters registration card, or even to fly on an airplane or to cross the border. They are specifically different than the real id driver's licences that are issued to citizens of the United States.

jd

JohnDoe
11-02-2007, 12:40 PM
who cares about Clinton, what about the fact that our Homeland security Chief for ALL OF the USA, Cherkoff OKAYED this proposal by Spitzer? That's pretty frightening

stephanie
11-02-2007, 12:48 PM
who cares about Clinton, what about the fact that our Homeland security Chief for ALL OF the USA, Cherkoff OKAYED this proposal by Spitzer? That's pretty frightening

Gotta agree with ya there..
I'd like to see Chertoff.........gone..

And there are a lot of people who care...at not seeing the little Missy Clinton in the Whitehouse...:cheers2: