PDA

View Full Version : Daylight savings time

jimnyc
11-04-2007, 01:38 PM
You may need to "turn off" DST under options in your UserCP if the time is displaying incorrectly on the board for you.

diuretic
11-05-2007, 03:18 AM
*Rant*

Bloody northern hemisphere dominance! I have to put up with this all the time! It's winter, no, it's summer; it's cold, no it isn't it's bloody hot! It's snowing - no snow here chum, the bloody ground looks like a shake and bake! Jeez I dunno. And then when I'm freezing my arse off in 6 degrees centigrade weather all you lot in the northern hemisphere are whining about your sunburn!

And NOW I get the DST tap on the shoulder. That's the last straw! We ARE on daylight saving, we have been for two weeks! My cat is bouncing on my bloody head at 0530, my dog is trying to get out to take a pee in the back yard as soon as she sees the cat bouncing on my head (tag team pets). I drag my arse home after work and I can sit out in the back yard and drink beer and not even worry about a torch (flashlight) until about 2100! Reminder? I don't need no steenking reminder! I know it's DST!

:laugh2:

Just kidding :D

:cheers2:

Gaffer
11-05-2007, 03:31 AM
*Rant*

Bloody northern hemisphere dominance! I have to put up with this all the time! It's winter, no, it's summer; it's cold, no it isn't it's bloody hot! It's snowing - no snow here chum, the bloody ground looks like a shake and bake! Jeez I dunno. And then when I'm freezing my arse off in 6 degrees centigrade weather all you lot in the northern hemisphere are whining about your sunburn!

And NOW I get the DST tap on the shoulder. That's the last straw! We ARE on daylight saving, we have been for two weeks! My cat is bouncing on my bloody head at 0530, my dog is trying to get out to take a pee in the back yard as soon as she sees the cat bouncing on my head (tag team pets). I drag my arse home after work and I can sit out in the back yard and drink beer and not even worry about a torch (flashlight) until about 2100! Reminder? I don't need no steenking reminder! I know it's DST!

:laugh2:

Just kidding :D

:cheers2:

You bloody aussies live arse backwards. It's spring time there now right? Seems DST sucks on both sides of the world. :laugh2:

diuretic
11-05-2007, 06:17 AM
I just got off eighteen months of shift work (24x7 Comms supervisor) and I can't believe it's taken me this bloody long to get used to daylight saving. It happens every time we do the spring forwards thing, takes me a few weeks to get used to it. And the weird part (this is Australia, after all we do have black swans when nearly everyone else has white ones) is that the different states have different time zones - http://www.abc.net.au/backyard/timezone.htm - jeez and to think I thought El Paso was out of whack with the rest of Tx when I was there. :cool:

Gaffer
11-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Until a couple of years ago Indiana, like Arizona, ignored the DST. Since the time zone runs through Indiana it could get very confusing in that state along the borders with other states.

diuretic
11-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Until a couple of years ago Indiana, like Arizona, ignored the DST. Since the time zone runs through Indiana it could get very confusing in that state along the borders with other states.

We've only got six states and two territories and we still manage to make it a dog's breakfast :laugh2:

Did I tell you about our railway system and each colony having different gauges? We make the EU look like a hippie commune :laugh2:

Gaffer
11-05-2007, 08:36 AM
We've only got six states and two territories and we still manage to make it a dog's breakfast :laugh2:

Did I tell you about our railway system and each colony having different gauges? We make the EU look like a hippie commune :laugh2:

Sounds like Australia is not a place you want to move around in much. If you stand in one place the world stops spinning after a while. :laugh2:

diuretic
11-06-2007, 06:19 AM
And cos we're on the bottom of the world all the blood rushes to our head.

That explains me I suppose :laugh2:

Pale Rider
11-06-2007, 12:55 PM
And cos we're on the bottom of the world all the blood rushes to our head.

That explains me I suppose :laugh2:

My ex brother in law told me that the hottest blonde women he'd ever met were in Australia. He was in the Navy and sailed all over, and Australia women were his favorite.

manu1959
11-06-2007, 01:04 PM
My ex brother in law told me that the hottest blonde women he'd ever met were in Australia. He was in the Navy and sailed all over, and Australia women were his favorite.

you should travel to norway sweden finland and danmark....best year of my life....