PDA

View Full Version : What a sad but beautiful child

Sitarro
11-05-2007, 10:56 AM
What an adorable child, hopefully medical science can save her life.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23419627-details/Toddler+with+eight+limbs+branded+'reincarnation+of +Hindu+god'+to+undergo+life-saving+operation/article.do

Toddler with eight limbs branded 'reincarnation of Hindu god' to undergo life-saving operation

A toddler born with eight limbs and believed by some to be the reincarnation of the multi-limbed Hindu goddess Vishnu, is set to undergo a 40-hour operation to remove half of her limbs.
Lakshmi Tatma was born joined to a 'parasitic twin' and will go under the knife at the hands of 30 surgeons to remove two of her useless arms and legs.

Torment: Lakshmi can not walk or crawl and is unlikely to survive her teens without surgery

The headless 'twin' is joined to Lakshmi at the pelvis and has its own spinal column and kidney.
Without the operation the little girl would never be able to walk or crawl and would be unlikely to live past her early teens, doctors said.
The extraordinary eight-limbed baby was born in a poverty-stricken region of Bihar, India - on the day devoted to the celebration of the four-armed Hindu deity Vishnu.

glockmail
11-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Wow. Good thing we've had advancement in medical science to do this operation. Imagine if socialized medicine was world-wide. That kid would be toast!

Hagbard Celine
11-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Wow. Good thing we've had advancement in medical science to do this operation. Imagine if socialized medicine was world-wide. That kid would be toast!

Yeah, because the fact that it's Socialized would change what doctors know about biology and medicine. :rolleyes: That's right. You're an imbecile.

glockmail
11-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Yeah, because the fact that it's Socialized would change what doctors know about biology and medicine. :rolleyes: That's right. You're an imbecile. You are correct it would. Without the incentive for profit medical scientists don't normally take the risks necessary for advancment of the technology. That's why most of the advancements in the last 20 years have been in the US.

Hagbard Celine
11-05-2007, 02:17 PM
You are correct it would. Without the incentive for profit medical scientists don't normally take the risks necessary for advancment of the technology. That's why most of the advancements in the last 20 years have been in the US.

I have the feeling that you're the type of person who forgets your own name every now and then. Am I right?

typomaniac
11-05-2007, 02:19 PM
You are correct it would. Without the incentive for profit medical scientists don't normally take the risks necessary for advancment of the technology. That's why most of the advancements in the last 20 years have been in the US.

You're not even fooling the conservatives with that crap. You must be really desperate for love today.
:wank2:

glockmail
11-05-2007, 02:49 PM
I have the feeling that you're the type of person who forgets your own name every now and then. Am I right? Don't have "oldtimers" yet! :laugh2:

glockmail
11-05-2007, 02:50 PM
You're not even fooling the conservatives with that crap. You must be really desperate for love today.
:wank2: Din't yo' mumma tell you not to do that in public? :slap:

Immanuel
11-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Thought you all might like to see this story:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071107/ap_on_re_as/india_eight_limbs

8-limbed girl has successful surgery

BANGALORE, India - Doctors in southern India completed a grueling 24-hour operation Wednesday on a girl born with four arms and four legs that surgeons said will give the 2-year-old a chance at a normal life.

The surgery went "wonderfully well," said Dr. Sharan Patil, who led a team of more than 30 surgeons in performing the marathon procedure to remove Lakshmi's extra limbs, salvage her organs and rebuild her pelvis area.

Immie

Guernicaa
11-07-2007, 02:41 PM
If I were that girl I'd have them preserve the legs they cut off and then I'd keep them in a big glass case.

Abbey Marie
11-07-2007, 03:06 PM
If I were that girl I'd have them preserve the legs they cut off and then I'd keep them in a big glass case.

Why?