PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero III

Hobbit
11-05-2007, 11:26 AM
I beat Guitar Hero I & II on hard. I nearly beat 1 on expert and got about halfway through 2 on expert, but nothing could prepare me for Guitar Hero 3. This game is sick. The shreds are long and horrible. Some of the *impossible* parts just never seem to end. The final song, The Devil Went Down to Georgia, which is a guitar battle with Satan (referred to in the game as Lou...as in Lou C. Fer), is so ridiculously hard that it sends pain shooting through my hand, and I can't even pass it. Yet...I couldn't be happier (unless I could beat Lou, that s.o.b.). The game is loads of fun. And now, for your viewing pleasure...some guy 5-starring the hardest song in the game. It's called Through the Fire and Flames, by Dragonforce, and you unlock it when you beat the game on any difficulty (you play it during the closing credits).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4M7f4-bhbE

Nukeman
11-05-2007, 12:12 PM
That was F***ing awsome!!! I just got this for the kids for Christmas so its put up for now. I suck at this game but hopefully I'll get better!!!!

Great post Hobbit:clap::clap::clap:

manu1959
11-05-2007, 02:00 PM
my son and i play these games on co-op....it is a blast....can't wait for the one with two guitars a mic for singing and a drum set....

Hobbit
11-05-2007, 02:15 PM
my son and i play these games on co-op....it is a blast....can't wait for the one with two guitars a mic for singing and a drum set....

Rock Band

The 'deluxe' package comes with a guitar (you should already have the other from Guitar Hero), mic, and drum set. It will cost around $300.

manu1959
11-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Rock Band

The 'deluxe' package comes with a guitar (you should already have the other from Guitar Hero), mic, and drum set. It will cost around $300.

rock band won't be issued on ps2 so i get to buy a whole bunch of new stuff....

dan
11-05-2007, 02:27 PM
rock band won't be issued on ps2 so i get to buy a whole bunch of new stuff....

:laugh2: Don't forget, the game looks best on a 68" widescreen HDTV!

Hobbit
11-05-2007, 02:42 PM
:laugh2: Don't forget, the game looks best on a 68' widescreen HDTV!

There, fixed it for ya.

manu1959
11-05-2007, 05:17 PM
:laugh2: Don't forget, the game looks best on a 68" widescreen HDTV!

have a 42" is that ok.....with a dennon reciever and two nice klh book shelf speakers.....will that do or or should i upgrade.....

dan
11-06-2007, 10:42 PM
I bought this yesterday, it's pretty fun. More or less the same thing as 2, with a battle mode added (which sucks, in my opinion). The song choices are better, and there's more original recordings, which I like. Most of the covers from the second ones were really accurate, but it's just better when you're jamming with Axel Rose, y'know?

In sadder news, i somehow messed up my guitar controller. The toggle switch you hit has gotten slightly loose, but I guess it's enough, because when I hit it, it comes back loose enough that it makes it hit another note on the way back. Does that make sense?

manu1959
11-06-2007, 10:58 PM
I bought this yesterday, it's pretty fun. More or less the same thing as 2, with a battle mode added (which sucks, in my opinion). The song choices are better, and there's more original recordings, which I like. Most of the covers from the second ones were really accurate, but it's just better when you're jamming with Axel Rose, y'know?

In sadder news, i somehow messed up my guitar controller. The toggle switch you hit has gotten slightly loose, but I guess it's enough, because when I hit it, it comes back loose enough that it makes it hit another note on the way back. Does that make sense?

what system are you playing it on?

dan
11-07-2007, 05:36 AM
what system are you playing it on?

PS2. Graphics-wise, I've read there's no big difference between the systems, the main advantage to playing on XBOX360 or Wii is that you can compete online as well as download new songs online. Also, each system has a slightly different playlist, I think.

Hobbit
11-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Well, I finally beat the career mode of this mofo on hard. Holy crap...the last guitar battle...holy crap. It took me a good 30+ tries to do it.

manu1959
11-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Well, I finally beat the career mode of this mofo on hard. Holy crap...the last guitar battle...holy crap. It took me a good 30+ tries to do it.

nicely done...i can't even beat the last set on medium.....

manu1959
11-07-2007, 06:59 PM
PS2. Graphics-wise, I've read there's no big difference between the systems, the main advantage to playing on XBOX360 or Wii is that you can compete online as well as download new songs online. Also, each system has a slightly different playlist, I think.

i play it on ps2....the reason i asked is i now have four guitars.....you said yours is broken....want one?

dan
11-12-2007, 12:32 PM
i play it on ps2....the reason i asked is i now have four guitars.....you said yours is broken....want one?

Hey, I appreciate the offer, but I guess I was exaggerating a little bit. It's not broken, or at least not so bad that I would want you to have to go through all the hassle of sending me a new one, though I really appreciate the offer.

Honestly, when I bought the thing, the guy at Gamestop told me that the guitars are notorious for breaking easily, so I got the no-questions-asked replacement plan, so I just need to dig up that receipt and go get myself a new guitar.

Incidentally, I'm a little underwhelmed with III. It's hard, sure, hard enough that it wasn't fun for me after a while. But, the game felt shorter to me, for some reason. When I got it, the guy at Gamestop was going on and on about how many songs are unlockable, but when I go to the store, there's only like five or ten songs available. Keep in mind, I haven't beaten the game, but I have gotten up to the final tier.

And, I wasn't as excited over the song selection as I was in the second one. The only songs I can remember thinking were really good, not obvious choices were The Killers' "When You Were Young" and Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock".

manu1959
12-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Hey, I appreciate the offer, but I guess I was exaggerating a little bit. It's not broken, or at least not so bad that I would want you to have to go through all the hassle of sending me a new one, though I really appreciate the offer.

Honestly, when I bought the thing, the guy at Gamestop told me that the guitars are notorious for breaking easily, so I got the no-questions-asked replacement plan, so I just need to dig up that receipt and go get myself a new guitar.

Incidentally, I'm a little underwhelmed with III. It's hard, sure, hard enough that it wasn't fun for me after a while. But, the game felt shorter to me, for some reason. When I got it, the guy at Gamestop was going on and on about how many songs are unlockable, but when I go to the store, there's only like five or ten songs available. Keep in mind, I haven't beaten the game, but I have gotten up to the final tier.

And, I wasn't as excited over the song selection as I was in the second one. The only songs I can remember thinking were really good, not obvious choices were The Killers' "When You Were Young" and Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock".

i agree....I was harder than III for me and i liked II the best......rock the 80's is pretty fun as well....

CockySOB
12-04-2007, 06:50 AM

Actually, I think the guitar controller for GH3 for the 360 has a stronger spring in the strum trigger causing it to rebound as another hit note when you just flick the trigger down and release.

GH3 rocks!

CockySOB
12-04-2007, 06:52 AM
BTW, one of our department's students brought his Rock Band and 360 in this past week to play on our big-screen projectors over lunch. Personally, I was disappointed in it. GH3 is tougher and has MUCH better graphics than RB from what I saw.