PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Abortion Ban Clears Miss. Senate

5stringJeff
02-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Because what political message board would be complete without a baby-killers vs. woman-haters argument over abortion?!? :D

-------------
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - The Mississippi Senate passed a bill Wednesday that would ban most abortions and charge those who perform the procedures with a misdemeanor.

The bill would prohibit abortions except in cases of rape, incest or if the woman's life were endangered. Anyone found guilty of providing an abortion would face misdemeanor charges, a $5,000 fine and up to a year in jail.

Mississippi joins a handful of other states, including South Dakota and Utah, in considering abortion bans or restrictions this year in their statehouses.

http://www.persecution.org/suffering/newsdetail.php?newscode=4541

darin
02-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Gawd that's awesome. Gives me hope liberals have NOT grown enough, like cancer, to cause the destruction of our society. ;)

Hagbard Celine
02-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Gawd that's awesome. Gives me hope liberals have NOT grown enough, like cancer, to cause the destruction of our society. ;)

:puke: Isn't this technically illegal? Roe v. Wade took this decision out of the states' hands didn't it? Not that I agree with taking away state powers by any means.

theHawk
02-08-2007, 04:00 PM
:puke: Isn't this technically illegal? Roe v. Wade took this decision out of the states' hands didn't it? Not that I agree with taking away state powers by any means.

That really depends on how the Judges of the day view it. And Roe vs Wade is a court ruling, not a law passed by the elected representatives of the country that allows abortion.

Hobbit
02-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Exactly. It's a precedent, which the judges may take into account, and overturn. As much as judges like to legislate from the bench, it's not technically legal, and so, can be technically overturned almost on a whim.

theHawk
02-08-2007, 04:54 PM
The funny thing is if and when Roe v Wade is overturned, its not going to outlaw abortion, as many abortion-on-demand liberals fear. It will simply allow states to make their own laws about it. States already have laws that restrict abortion, so not much is really going to change - "red states" will have laws such as this one, "blue states" will have closer to abortion-on-demand ones.

Hagbard Celine
02-08-2007, 05:11 PM
The funny thing is if and when Roe v Wade is overturned, its not going to outlaw abortion, as many abortion-on-demand liberals fear. It will simply allow states to make their own laws about it. States already have laws that restrict abortion, so not much is really going to change - "red states" will have laws such as this one, "blue states" will have closer to abortion-on-demand ones.

lol, you really are actually convinced that you are more superior than everyone else aren't you? :laugh:

You're right on this but I love the language you use. Haha.

krisy
02-08-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how people that murder pregnant women can be sentenced for the killing of the fetus as well,yet a woman can legally have an abortion. Apparently in Texas a individual is defined as "an unborn child at every stage of gestation form fertilization until birth"

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FETUS_KILLING_SENTENCE?SITE=7219&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2007-02-07-19-35-27

I agree with the sentencing,but it all seems contradictory.