PDA

View Full Version : DebatePolicy Presidential Poll - REPUBLICAN

Pale Rider
11-06-2007, 11:25 AM
If the Presidential election were held today, who would you vote for if you were voting Republican?

Pale Rider
11-06-2007, 01:05 PM
It always amazes me... so far, 24 people have viewed this thread, and only eight have voted... :dunno:

Does this board count the views when "visitors" view a thread?

typomaniac
11-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Giuliani, because he's the least bad of a pretty horrid bunch.

The only GOOD Republicans I could actually be proud to vote for aren't running (as of now, anyway). :(

Pale Rider
11-06-2007, 01:09 PM
And I see we've got DEMOCRATS voting in the REPUBLICAN poll. That's NOT the idea folks. You either vote dem or repub, NOT BOTH!

Christ... can't do anything around here without a fucking liberal fucking it up.

I'm going to make a "MORON" list of the people voting BOTH parties if it continues... unless you have a real good reason and explain yourself.

hjmick
11-06-2007, 01:13 PM
And I see we've got DEMOCRATS voting in the REPUBLICAN poll. That's NOT the idea folks. You either vote dem or repub, NOT BOTH!

Christ... can't do anything around here without a fucking liberal fucking it up.

I'm going to make a "MORON" list of the people voting BOTH parties if it continues... unless you have a real good reason and explain yourself.

Well hell, I screwed it up as well. I thought you wanted opinions in both threads from all people. My mistake.

typomaniac
11-06-2007, 01:14 PM

Excuse me, but all the poll said was "If you were voting Republican." You didn't say anything originally about not being able to vote in both polls.

That's it; I'll shut up now.

Pale Rider
11-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Alright... my mistake... I shouldn't have ASSumed people would treat it like a REAL election...

Have at it.

11-06-2007, 01:20 PM
I totally forgot Alan Keyes was in this race until now:)

BTW Newt isnt running. why is he on the list?

manu1959
11-06-2007, 01:26 PM

i am from chicago....i vote early and often.....

oh...and i voted for fred....because my first name is fred....his wife is hot...my greatgrandma was from tennesee and i liked his tv show

11-06-2007, 01:28 PM
why is it the Democrat thread tells us who voted for whom? and this one doesnt?

manu1959
11-06-2007, 01:29 PM

shows on my screen

Pale Rider
11-06-2007, 01:30 PM
I totally forgot Alan Keyes was in this race until now:)

BTW Newt isnt running. why is he on the list?

I just threw him in there to make it an even ten.

Pale Rider
11-06-2007, 01:31 PM

It does. Click on one of the numbers of votes on the right.

Pale Rider
11-06-2007, 01:32 PM
i am from chicago....i vote early and often.....

oh...and i voted for fred....because my first name is fred....his wife is hot...my greatgrandma was from tennesee and i liked his tv show

All the right reasons I see... :uhoh:

And I see McCain is sucking serious hind tit... good.

manu1959
11-06-2007, 01:37 PM
All the right reasons I see... :uhoh:

just trying to live up to the red state stereotype.....not sure i like any of them yet.....i usually vote for the guy i would like to work for and will run the company the best....i don't see a good CEO in the bunch....

Pale Rider
11-06-2007, 01:43 PM
just trying to live up to the red state stereotype.....not sure i like any of them yet.....i usually vote for the guy i would like to work for and will run the company the best....i don't see a good CEO in the bunch....

I knew you were joking pard... and I'm voting for the best conservative that's strict on illegal immigration, and I've got the two best guys for that job in my sig line.

manu1959
11-06-2007, 01:55 PM
I knew you were joking pard... and I'm voting for the best conservative that's strict on illegal immigration, and I've got the two best guys for that job in my sig line.

i would agree they are the two best for that single issue .... i see the US as a large company ..... so i tend to vote for who i want to run that company and for the potential cabinet they will deliver .... the board of directors if you will .... i also vote to try to make sure that who i don't want doesn't get in....that said...living in california....i never win....

Pale Rider
11-06-2007, 01:58 PM
i would agree they are the two best for that single issue .... i see the US as a large company ..... so i tend to vote for who i want to run that company and for the potential cabinet they will deliver .... the board of directors if you will .... i also vote to try to make sure that who i don't want doesn't get in....that said...living in california....i never win....

So if there isn't a man on the list you like, who is your write in at this point?

hjmick
11-06-2007, 02:04 PM
....that said...living in california....i never win....

I hear ya brother.

musicman
11-06-2007, 03:58 PM
I hear a lot of criticism about the "one-issue voter", and - in different circumstances - that criticism might have some merit. But, this particular election - involving this particular party - has turned the rules upside down. Every once in a while, an issue comes along that provides what the less than honest politician fears most: a window to his soul. Such an issue is immigration. The Republican candidates can blather until they're blue in the face; state your position on immigration, and you've told me all I need to know about you.

Tom Tancredo.

theHawk
11-06-2007, 04:24 PM
I hear a lot of criticism about the "one-issue voter", and - in different circumstances - that criticism might have some merit. But, this particular election - involving this particular party - has turned the rules upside down. Every once in a while, an issue comes along that provides what the less than honest politician fears most: a window to his soul. Such an issue is immigration. The Republican candidates can blather until they're blue in the face; state your position on immigration, and you've told me all I need to know about you.

Tom Tancredo.

Hunter as well. I like both Trancredo and Hunter because both are very anti-Free trade with China. Most of the others are neocons that believe free trade with China is "good for our changing economy."

stephanie
11-06-2007, 04:41 PM
It was a tough choice for me..

I REALLY REALLY like Duncan Hunter..

I'm very impressed with Fred Thompson also..

So....with that..I'm not gonna say which one I picked...:coffee:

11-06-2007, 04:43 PM

You picked Fred. Your name is on the poll:-p

Pale Rider
11-06-2007, 04:45 PM

Hate to break it to ya Steph... but the voting is public. You choose Thompson. :D

All you have to do to view who voted how is click on a vote total on the right hand side and wwhhaaaalla!

stephanie
11-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Hate to break it to ya Steph... but the voting is public. You choose Thompson. :D

All you have to do to view who voted how is click on a vote total on the right hand side and wwhhaaaalla!

Damn..I was trying to pull a slick Willy...:laugh2:

musicman
11-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Hunter as well. I like both Trancredo and Hunter because both are very anti-Free trade with China. Most of the others are neocons that believe free trade with China is "good for our changing economy."

Immigration - the window to the soul. Is the candidate a true conservative, ready to protect and defend the Constitution - or is he a globalist prick who has learned to mouth conservative-sounding platitudes whenever political expediency dictates? Immigration - the unerring locater of his true heart. I am not surprised by the two men's attitudes toward China; they would concern themselves with American interests.

I chose Tancredo over Hunter only because I know slightly more about him; they're both good men. Tancredo enjoys the distinction of being told by Karl Rove to "never darken the White House door again"; he ought to campaign on that. It is a badge of honor.

Abbey Marie
11-06-2007, 05:12 PM
As always, it's Hunter for me.

glockmail
11-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Giuliani, because he's the least bad of a pretty horrid bunch.

The only GOOD Republicans I could actually be proud to vote for aren't running (as of now, anyway). :(
It's pretty damning for a GOP candidate when a liberal would vote for him.

hjmick
11-06-2007, 05:17 PM

Damn..I was trying to pull a slick Willy...:laugh2:

She voted for Duncan Hunter before she voted for Fred Thompson.

stephanie
11-06-2007, 05:21 PM
She voted for Duncan Hunter before she voted for Fred Thompson.

tee hee..:cheers2:

I actually wanted to vote for both of them, but could only pick one..Whose bright idea was that...:laugh2:

typomaniac
11-06-2007, 06:41 PM
It's pretty damning for a GOP candidate when a liberal would vote for him.

The whole premise of this is if YOU were voting Republican. Besides, as much as I hate to break this to ya, there are such things as liberal republicans.

glockmail
11-06-2007, 09:31 PM
The whole premise of this is if YOU were voting Republican. Besides, as much as I hate to break this to ya, there are such things as liberal republicans. That's one branch of the GOP that I would like to see cut off and turned into chip board.:pee:

actsnoblemartin
11-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Im not taking sides, but i vote in liberal polls ocassionally. if the thread said please only liberals vote, then id respect that, but a poll is a poll?

actsnoblemartin
11-06-2007, 09:37 PM
I dont think the democrats would allow a reagan democrat today, they are too busy kissing code stinks butt, and move on, and who needs common sense's balls

typomaniac
11-06-2007, 10:24 PM
I dont think the democrats would allow a reagan democrat today, they are too busy kissing code stinks butt, and move on, and who needs common sense's balls

I have no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds cool... :laugh2:

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Tancredo held his own here... very nice to see that.

JohnDoe
11-08-2007, 06:41 PM
I don't like Rudi AT ALL and if he wins the nomination or the presidency, I think our country will be in BIG BIG trouble....I could live with any of the other candidates, even Romney.

Tancredo and Hunter are good if you care about immigration.

Ron Paul if you care about the constitution

Romney if you don't have an opinion on anything that sticks

Huckabee if you are religious and you if like rock and roll :)

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 07:30 PM
I don't like Rudi AT ALL and if he wins the nomination or the presidency, I think our country will be in BIG BIG trouble....I could live with any of the other candidates, even Romney.
I think that's a little extreme about Giuliani. In any case, I wouldn't vote for him period, under any circumstances. He's a liberal. We're in BIG, BIG TROUBLE if hitlery wins the White House though. Then you better pray. Mexico will look good to me then. I'll meet up with manfrommaine down there.

Tancredo and Hunter are good if you care about immigration.
That's a large part of it, but Tancredo and Hunter are also good if you're a "true conservative." And just to mention, immigration is the number one voting issue.

Ron Paul if you care about the constitution
I like this guy, right up until he starts talking about national security. Then he scares the shit out of me.

Romney if you don't have an opinion on anything that sticks
Exactly. Romney is your mister slick, status quo man.

Huckabee if you are religious and you if like rock and roll :)
I could vote for Huckabee as a third choice since he's changed his tune about illegal aliens. Somebody finally told him he didn't stand a chance in hell if he didn't.

5stringJeff
11-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Definitely Huckabee.

Abbey Marie
11-08-2007, 09:58 PM
I noticed that McCain has no votes. Not even on the "whose your second choice" poll. Wow.

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 11:49 PM
I noticed that McCain has no votes. Not even on the "whose your second choice" poll. Wow.

Yup. "Hey John... remember that amnesty thingy you and teddy *hickup* kennedy tried to shove down everybody's throat? Yeah aaahh... it's come back to haunt you time."

Abbey Marie
11-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Yup. "Hey John... remember that amnesty thingy you and teddy *hickup* kennedy tried to shove down everybody's throat? Yeah aaahh... it's come back to haunt you time."

Yup. I also remember how he tried to ruin GWB during the elections.

Pale Rider
11-12-2007, 03:38 AM
Well, Fred Thompson willing this little poll with Duncan Hunter a close second. I could bring myself to vote for either I guess, if it was against hitlery.

John McCain... go cry on your buddy ted *hick* kennedy's shoulder. :fu: