PDA

View Full Version : For OCA

Hobbit
11-06-2007, 02:04 PM
I remember a while back a lot of people making fun of your 'turd taco' avatar. Well, there's a little Greek place near here called "Kosmos," that sells gyros, so I tried one, "The Titan." Double the beef and lamb, feta cheese, special gyros sauce, and french fries all on a big ole' piece of flatbread. It was DELICIOUS, and definitely a meal fit for a Spartan.

Guernicaa
11-06-2007, 03:30 PM
I remember a while back a lot of people making fun of your 'turd taco' avatar. Well, there's a little Greek place near here called "Kosmos," that sells gyros, so I tried one, "The Titan." Double the beef and lamb, feta cheese, special gyros sauce, and french fries all on a big ole' piece of flatbread. It was DELICIOUS, and definitely a meal fit for a Spartan.
Yeah Gyros are fuckin amazing.

Pale Rider
11-07-2007, 05:02 AM

Feta cheese? I've never seen any of that on a "yee roh." They should be lamb or lamb and beef, garlic sauce, onions and tomatoes on pita bread.

But good... I hear ya... I love 'em too. Skip the fries though. That leaves more room for gyro... :D

OCA
11-07-2007, 06:15 AM
Feta cheese? I've never seen any of that on a "yee roh." They should be lamb or lamb and beef, garlic sauce, onions and tomatoes on pita bread.

But good... I hear ya... I love 'em too. Skip the fries though. That leaves more room for gyro... :D

In Greece at the street stalls the guy asks you if you want lamb or pork, then the standard comes with tzatziki, onions and tomatoes.

A gyro is like a big mac, fast food.

Hobbit
11-07-2007, 11:37 AM
In Greece at the street stalls the guy asks you if you want lamb or pork, then the standard comes with tzatziki, onions and tomatoes.

That's what that sauce was called. I couldn't remember. Well, whatever it was, it was GOOD.

dan
11-07-2007, 12:12 PM

Can I get ketchup on my gyro?:laugh2:

I ate at an Italian hot dog place in north Jersey one time, I asked for ketchup and nearly got thrown out of the place!

OCA
11-07-2007, 03:23 PM

I ate at an Italian hot dog place in north Jersey one time, I asked for ketchup and nearly got thrown out of the place!

Ketchup........what a goon!:laugh2:

dan
11-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Ketchup........what a goon!:laugh2:

That's one way of putting it!

The worst people in the world, though, are those guys that put ketchup on a steak. Not that that has anything to do with gyros, but there ya go.

Joan
11-07-2007, 08:24 PM
I for one love Gyros. But my all time favorite was stuffed grape leaves that my cousin's wife used to male/

OCA
11-07-2007, 09:38 PM
I for one love Gyros. But my all time favorite was stuffed grape leaves that my cousin's wife used to male/

Dolmades, i've eaten so many dolmades in my lifetime that i've got grape vines growing out my ass.

OCA
11-07-2007, 09:39 PM

That and putting any steak sauce such as A1 on a steak should be a hanging offense. I'm even iffy on mushrooms on a steak.

82Marine89
11-07-2007, 09:41 PM
That and putting any steak sauce such as A1 on a steak should be a hanging offense. I'm even iffy on mushrooms on a steak.

Prime rib, rare, with real horseradish on the side.

dan
11-07-2007, 09:45 PM

You had me and you lost me, I like shrooms on a steak. Do you marinate? Ever try Dale's?

I think we've had this discussion before, but hey, what're we gonna talk about, broccolli?

OCA
11-07-2007, 10:04 PM
You had me and you lost me, I like shrooms on a steak. Do you marinate? Ever try Dale's?

I think we've had this discussion before, but hey, what're we gonna talk about, broccolli?

A marinade is fine since a marinade by definition infuses a steak with flavor and kind of does it naturally, especially if you allow the steaks to marinate over time. I'm talking smothering your steak in a gallon of saucy shit, you taste the sauce and not the steak.

If I have my rathers I simply dress the steak with olive oil, salt and fresh cracked black pepper and throw her on the bbq, thats good eatin right there.

OCA
11-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Prime rib, rare, with real horseradish on the side.

I know i'm splitting hairs but I put prime rib in a different category than steak since i'm strictly a "medium" steak eater and if you have prime rib "medium" you might as well eat the bottom of my boot.

Prime rib is the only meat i'll eat rare.

Mr. P
11-07-2007, 10:25 PM
I know i'm splitting hairs but I put prime rib in a different category than steak since i'm strictly a "medium" steak eater and if you have prime rib "medium" you might as well eat the bottom of my boot.

Prime rib is the only meat i'll eat rare.

OH NO not so! Good prime rib is difficult to find I admit, but the right one or even an average one is excellent if ya follow Mr.Ps process.

OCA
11-07-2007, 10:28 PM
OH NO not so! Good prime rib is difficult to find I admit, but the right one or even an average one is excellent if ya follow Mr.Ps process.

You missed my point P, prime rib is a beautiful thing absolutely! But prime rib that is cooked more that medium rare is bad prime rib, tell me i'm wrong! :coffee:

Mr. P
11-07-2007, 10:32 PM
You missed my point P, prime rib is a beautiful thing absolutely! But prime rib that is cooked more that medium rare is bad prime rib, tell me i'm wrong! :coffee:

I like medium rare myself, but (as much as I'd hate to do it) I can fix ya medium that you'd love.

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 04:35 AM
My favorite steak is a Porterhouse, cooked on the grill. Medium. I like to eat the tenderloin part of it without anything on it except a bit of salt and pepper, but I do like A1 on the rest. You only really taste the A1 during the first part of chewing, and then you wind up with the steak taste. Of course off the grill is a great flavor all by itself. The drippings of steak juice mixed with A1 go real nice with a baked potato.