PDA

View Full Version : Obama Refuses to say pledge?

manu1959
11-06-2007, 03:36 PM
anyone know if this is true?

Senator Barack Obama, Governor Bill Richardson, Senator Hillary Clinton and Ruth Harkin stand during the national anthem.
Barack Hussein Obama's photo (that's his real name)......the article said he REFUSED TO NOT ONLY PUT HIS HA ND ON HIS HEART DURING THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, BUT REFUSED TO SAY THE PLEDGE.....how can a man like this expect to be our next Commander-in-Chief????

Hobbit
11-06-2007, 03:55 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

That's the Snopes page on it. It's an unaltered photo, but we can't know the validity of the conclusion without seeing the context.

manu1959
11-06-2007, 04:04 PM

That's the Snopes page on it. It's an unaltered photo, but we can't know the validity of the conclusion without seeing the context.

found a video on cspan but can't link it up......looks like it was the national anthem and not the pledge.....

Guernicaa
11-06-2007, 04:14 PM
That's because it never happened you fucking moron.

And I think it is SOO funny that this type of bull shit thats not even true is the best you guys have come up with to trash him.

Hobbit
11-06-2007, 04:18 PM
That's because it never happened you fucking moron.

And I think it is SOO funny that this type of bull shit thats not even true is the best you guys have come up with to trash him.

Ease up there, buddy. It did, in fact, happen. "The Star Spangled Banner" was playing and he deliberately didn't put his hand on his heart. That much is undisputed. Obama admits it, himself. The question at this point is, what does it mean? To me, it means little, since I didn't intend to vote for the guy, anyway, but to some people, if you're not patriotic enough to make sure that hand is on your heart every time, it's a deal breaker.

hjmick
11-06-2007, 04:25 PM
I don't think that I have ever placed my hand over my heart for the national anthem. I do it for the recitation of the Pledge, even if I am not saying the words. I make sure that if I am wearing a hat I remove it for both. I was never urged to place my hand over my heart for the anthem.

I don't think this is a big deal except that he recently made headlines when he stopped wearing his flag lapel pin.

I'll have to give this some thought...

theHawk
11-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Since I am former military I tend to just stand at attention with arms striaght down the sides of my body. For him to just stand there clasp his hands together is pretty disrespectful. Especially when he is a politician and on a stage, he should know better. But then again, Democrats quite often how no clue how to even exhibit any sort of patriotism. Thats why when they pretend to its so transparent. Anyone remember the good 'ol Dukakis tank ride?

:lol:

glockmail
11-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Since I am former military I tend to just stand at attention with arms striaght down the sides of my body. For him to just stand there clasp his hands together is pretty disrespectful. Especially when he is a politician and on a stage, he should know better. But then again, Democrats quite often how no clue how to even exhibit any sort of patriotism. Thats why when they pretend to its so transparent. Anyone remember the good 'ol Dukakis tank ride?

:lol: Gee I don't remember that.

chesswarsnow
11-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But this is a major screw up, if you asked me.
2. Problem is he was on the left.
3. The flag was to his right.
4. He never looked over to his left, to see he was the odd man out.
5. This will haunt him.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Missileman
11-06-2007, 11:11 PM

Did you play the video they have on the snopes page? If I'd been there, I'd have had my hands over my ears, not my heart...I think Rosanne sang it better.

82Marine89
11-06-2007, 11:45 PM

:lol:

I stand at attention as well. Whether on TV or in person. I make my girls do the same. I actually find it disrespectful when fans start cheering before the anthem is finished.