PDA

View Full Version : Is Rosie Right For MSNBC?

stephanie
11-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Oh Boy...just another reason not to watch msnbc...:dance:

The NYTimes' Jacques Steinberg follows up on his story about MSNBC being in "serious discussions" with Rosie O'Donnell about a primetime show on the network.

Rosie would fit the roster, Steinberg writes, because "[T]he cable channel believes there is ratings gold in shows that criticize the [Bush] administration (that's some real BDS there):laugh2:with the same vigor with which Fox News's hosts often champion it." Countdown with Keith Olbermann being the standout.

"Officials at MSNBC emphasize that they never set out to create a liberal version of Fox News," Steinberg writes, quoting NBC SVP Phil Griffin the former Hardball EP who now runs the network. "It happened naturally," said Griffin, "There isn't a dogma we're putting through. There is a 'Go for it.'"

IF you want to read the rest..
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/msnbc/is_rosie_right_for_msnbc_70505.asp

BoogyMan
11-06-2007, 05:55 PM
I can see her and Chris Matthews getting along just fine, and hey, Chris won't be the only drooling moron on the network anymore. :D

hjmick
11-06-2007, 05:58 PM
I can see her and Chris Matthews getting along just fine, and hey, Chris won't be the only drooling moron on the network anymore. :D

He's not alone now. You seem to forget that Olbermann shares the airwaves over there. Nothing like a failed, third rate sportscaster sharing his political views with the nation.

stephanie
11-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Can you imagine...creating a program all over the HATERED for a person..

I know Du and Kos and Huffo post will love it..

Idiots..

April15
11-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Fox was started as an anti liberal network. So the hatred thing is not new. And those people you guys don't like are people who carry my sentiments over the air.

Hobbit
11-06-2007, 06:13 PM
http://wzus.ask.com/r?t=a&d=us&s=a&c=p&ti=1&ai=30751&l=dir&o=0&sv=0a300519&ip=46a68460&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.100yen.co.uk%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2007%2F05%2Fdo_not_want.jpg

stephanie
11-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Fox was started as an anti liberal network. So the hatred thing is not new. And those people you guys don't like are people who carry my sentiments over the air.

Bull..Fox news hosts... don't shoot spittle out of their mouths when they talk about liberals..:coffee:

11-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Steinberg writes, because "[T]he cable channel believes there is ratings gold in shows that criticize the [Bush] administration with the same vigor with which Fox News's hosts often champion it."

MSNBC can do whatever the heck they want and put on whomever they want. (Im not planning to watch it). But this has got to be some of the most short sighted planning I've ever seen. What the hell is the point of creating an anti Bush show on with less than a year left in the Bush administration? It's simply stupid.

Not to mention Rosie isnt exactly the pillar of credibility.

April15
11-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Bull..Fox news hosts... don't shoot spittle out of their mouths when they talk about liberals..:coffee:Androids don't have saliva to spittle with!

actsnoblemartin
11-06-2007, 06:35 PM
exactly

:)

bunch of political hacks.

He's not alone now. You seem to forget that Olbermann shares the airwaves over there. Nothing like a failed, third rate sportscaster sharing his political views with the nation.

stephanie
11-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Androids don't have saliva to spittle with!

made me chuckle..:laugh2:

April15
11-06-2007, 06:36 PM
MSNBC can do whatever the heck they want and put on whomever they want. (Im not planning to watch it). But this has got to be some of the most short sighted planning I've ever seen. What the hell is the point of creating an anti Bush show on with less than a year left in the Bush administration? It's simply stupid.

Not to mention Rosie isnt exactly the pillar of credibility.Ratings is most likely the plan. And it is stupid. Rosie is about equal with bush in credibility for me.

BoogyMan
11-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Bull..Fox news hosts... don't shoot spittle out of their mouths when they talk about liberals..:coffee:

I have tried to watch Chris Matthews a couple of times and the guy is so gross with the spitting thing I just can't finish the show. It is funny though, when he gets really excited about a discussion his chin shines with spittle under the lights. LOL

11-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Ratings is most likely the plan. And it is stupid. Rosie is about equal with bush in credibility for me.

I know its about ratings. But like I said they are poorly planning this. Bush is out of office in a year. Then what? It will take time to get Rosie's show up and running and whats going to be the point of attacking Bush when the next Republican administration is in control?

stephanie
11-06-2007, 06:47 PM
I have tried to watch Chris Matthews a couple of times and the guy is so gross with the spitting thing I just can't finish the show. It is funny though, when he gets really excited about a discussion his chin shines with spittle under the lights. LOL

The two worst for spittle and bulging rotating eyes when they speak about President Bush or Cheney...

Olbermann from msnbc and Rick Cafferty over at CNN...very scary..:laugh2:

Gaffer
11-06-2007, 08:26 PM
msnbc is determined to beat Bush in the next election. That's what its all about. They are pulling out all the stops this time. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
11-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Yet another freak representing the lib pov in the media. How embarassing!

April15
11-06-2007, 09:06 PM
I know its about ratings. But like I said they are poorly planning this. Bush is out of office in a year. Then what? It will take time to get Rosie's show up and running and whats going to be the point of attacking Bush when the next Republican administration is in control?Somebody thinks it is a good idea. And I sure hope there is no more republicans for a while.

KarlMarx
11-06-2007, 09:20 PM
The only place I want to see Rosie is in an anechoic chamber.

hjmick
11-06-2007, 09:25 PM
The only place I want to see Rosie is in an anechoic chamber.

I'd settle for the bottom of the Mariana Trench.

actsnoblemartin
11-06-2007, 09:26 PM
if this doesnt pan out rosie can work for al jazeera in english

11-06-2007, 10:21 PM

is there enough room there? Should we really pollute the ocean like that?

musicman
11-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Rosie is more right for MSNBC than anyone has ever been right for anything in the entire history of rightness. She is the overblown, obnoxious embodiment - the yowling, repulsive voice - the contorted, hysterical face of MSNBC; she is perfect. I'm surprised they didn't come to this arrangement long ago.

Gaffer
11-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Rosie is more right for MSNBC than anyone has ever been right for anything in the entire history of rightness. She is the overblown, obnoxious embodiment - the yowling, repulsive voice - the contorted, hysterical face of MSNBC; she is perfect. I'm surprised they didn't come to this arrangement long ago.

Yep I agree. She is the true face of msnbc. Now the troofers have their own tv channel. And one more reason for me never to watch it.

KarlMarx
11-07-2007, 04:16 AM
Let's compromise... how about in the crater of an active volcano?

I feel sorry for the volcano

KarlMarx
11-07-2007, 04:18 AM
is there enough room there? Should we really pollute the ocean like that?

And raise the average sea level by a few meters to boot!

11-07-2007, 11:12 AM
And raise the average sea level by a few meters to boot!

but then the global warming nuts would be like "See we were right"

hjmick
11-07-2007, 11:29 AM
but then the global warming nuts would be like "See we were right"

Damn it! We can't win!

Abbey Marie
11-07-2007, 11:39 AM
I've always though she'd be the perfect lead on Broadway in "Your Arms Too Short to Box With God".

http://lonestartimes.com/images/2006/12/rosie-and-donald-trump.jpg

http://www.wildbluffmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/rosie_odonnell_01_header.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_Arms_Too_Short_to_Box_with_God

11-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Damn it! We can't win!

we could shoot her to the sun.... but it would probably take so much energy we would be dependent on the middle east for the next century

Hobbit
11-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Let's compromise... how about in the crater of an active volcano?

I feel sorry for the volcano

Still, it is the mode of death most befitting a virgin.

KarlMarx
11-08-2007, 02:48 PM
So long as we have Rosie, there will never be a lard shortage

Gaffer
11-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Looks like nbc has backed off now on hiring rosie.