PDA

View Full Version : Evolution or Creation?

HotPinkConsevative
11-07-2007, 01:52 AM
I know that some of you may think me wrong, but the answer is Creation!! I'll tell you why tomorrow, because I HAVE to go to bed-it's 12:51 central time!!

Pale Rider
11-07-2007, 02:16 AM
I know that some of you may think me wrong, but the answer is Creation!! I'll tell you why tomorrow, because I HAVE to go to bed-it's 12:51 central time!!

Yeah HotPink... we have a pretty militant liberal evolution crowd here. You're going to have a hard sell ahead to them.

Me... I'm a Christian. I'm with ya on creation.

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2007, 07:11 AM
/shrugs......God gave us "bird"....evolution gave us blue jays and hummingbirds......God gave us "canine".....evolution gave us St. Bernards and Shitzus.......God gave us "human".....evolution gave us intelligent voters and Democrats

Immanuel
11-07-2007, 08:06 AM
God gave us the heavens and the earth and let it evolve from there.

So, I guess PMP and I agree on this part.

Immie

Hagbard Celine
11-07-2007, 09:34 AM

Wow Pink! I for one can't wait and am sitting on the edge of my seat in anticipation of the ground-breaking post in which you will finally put this debate to rest in favor of creationism. Proving God exists is a pretty big deal. Are you sure an Internet message board is the best place to reveal an Earth-shattering theory like this? Do you have a book deal yet? :dance:

HotPinkConsevative
11-07-2007, 11:56 AM
/shrugs......God gave us "bird"....evolution gave us blue jays and hummingbirds......God gave us "canine".....evolution gave us St. Bernards and Shitzus.......God gave us "human".....evolution gave us intelligent voters and Democrats

Actually PostmodernProphet, God gave us yes one dog BUT "evolution" did not give us 'St. Bernards and Shitzus' the changes that you see in dogs, are really preprogrammed information and mutations (which are changes for the worse-not the better) -not 'evolution'.

HotPinkConsevative
11-07-2007, 12:07 PM
God gave us the heavens and the earth and let it evolve from there.

So, I guess PMP and I agree on this part.

Immie

I have a question for you- if God is so powerful why did he (supossedly) just let the world evolve (which is actually impossible one of Newtons laws say that 'Everything must go from order to dissorder' do you think that it was diffrent from the beginning? and if so, why would it suddenly change? wouldn't everything just continue getting better? when you buy fruit at the store shouldn't it just get better and better the longer that you have it- not yuckyer and grossier? in short, the theory of evolution is compleatly stupid! I'll write more in about 10 minutes and then Ill tell ya'll EVERYTHING

Hobbit
11-07-2007, 12:07 PM
I tend to believe creation (though not a literal, 6-day creation) over evolution, since evolution has a tough sell on the initial creation of complex systems. However, I think the how is pretty much irrelevant. If you don't believe in God, you're going to vehemently deny anything that points to His existence, and if you do believe in God, then any device discovered by man is created by God, including evolution.

gabosaurus
11-07-2007, 12:10 PM
If you don't believe man evolved from apes, you have never been to a strip club or a NASCAR race.

manu1959
11-07-2007, 12:10 PM
i say you kill yourself and find out if you are right......

Hagbard Celine
11-07-2007, 12:13 PM
I tend to believe creation (though not a literal, 6-day creation) over evolution, since evolution has a tough sell on the initial creation of complex systems. However, I think the how is pretty much irrelevant. If you don't believe in God, you're going to vehemently deny anything that points to His existence, and if you do believe in God, then any device discovered by man is created by God, including evolution.

The evidence that evolutionary processes have governed the progression of biological diversity on Earth is undeniable. If one wants to attribute the advent of these processes to God, that is one's prerogative. End of story.

Hagbard Celine
11-07-2007, 12:15 PM
If you don't believe man evolved from apes, you have never been to a strip club or a NASCAR race.

Man didn't evolve from apes. Man and apes evolved from an ape-like common ancestor.

Trigg
11-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Recently the Pope stated that evolution and creationism are both correct.

Basically what Immie and Pale stated. God created the heaves and the earth and things progressed and changed from there.

Immanuel
11-07-2007, 01:14 PM
I have a question for you- if God is so powerful why did he (supossedly) just let the world evolve (which is actually impossible one of Newtons laws say that 'Everything must go from order to dissorder' do you think that it was diffrent from the beginning? and if so, why would it suddenly change? wouldn't everything just continue getting better? when you buy fruit at the store shouldn't it just get better and better the longer that you have it- not yuckyer and grossier? in short, the theory of evolution is compleatly stupid! I'll write more in about 10 minutes and then Ill tell ya'll EVERYTHING

I'm sorry, but you are going to have to ask God why he did things the way he did. However, I have a few questions of my own for him so get in line. :laugh2:

Immie

Trigg
11-07-2007, 01:14 PM
I have a question for you- if God is so powerful why did he (supossedly) just let the world evolve. The theory of evolution is compleatly stupid!

Why wouldn't he let things evolve?

If there is no such thing as evolution why do we have so many different species of snake? spider? Survival of the fittest, people pass onto their offspring those things that will help them survive.

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Actually PostmodernProphet, God gave us yes one dog BUT "evolution" did not give us 'St. Bernards and Shitzus' the changes that you see in dogs, are really preprogrammed information and mutations (which are changes for the worse-not the better) -not 'evolution'.

actually, it did....evolution is nothing more or less than the changes which occur through cross breeding, whether it occurs deliberately through an intentional breeding program, or naturally, through the unavailability of certain genetic strains.....actually, I doubt God would have avoided such a handy tool as genetic manipulation when creating the different species.....why create a DNA system that will produce vastly different results by simply altering a single chromosome if you don't intend to use it to create vastly different results.....after all, if he can cause a deity to come forth out of a human womb, it shouldn't be challenging to cause a horse to come forth from a hippodrome.....

don't get me wrong....I think that it is wrong to conclude that "dog" and "cat" both derived randomly from some earlier mammal that was a joint ancestor, but evolution does well to explain the differences between a Carolina warbler and a redstart......

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2007, 03:07 PM
The evidence that evolutionary processes have governed the progression of biological diversity on Earth is undeniable.

??....no it isn't....I deny it....see, it's deniable......there is no evidence out there that is not equally 'evidence' of creation.....the only evidence available is that a creature existed.....it could have been created, it could have evolved.....the explanation for it's origin is unevidenced theory.....

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2007, 03:15 PM
if God is so powerful why did he (supossedly) just let the world evolve.

why are there only two alternatives in your response....1) God created or 2) God just let the world evolve?.....how about 3) God caused the world to change in the way he chose and at the time he chose....evolution may simply be another word for the act of creation....God created a marvelous little computer called DNA that enables any organism to grow to adapt to it's environment....the earth goes through a climate change and glaciers cover the earth?....bears develop white insulating water resistant fur.....or do you think God created both polar bears and those that live in tropical regions seperately?.......

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2007, 03:17 PM
personally, I think God is fairly indifferent to the idea of "creation".....the Bible I use is about two inches thick, but he only devoted three pages to creation. And that could be generally paraphrased down to "You know all that stuff that happened at the beginning of the world? That was me!"....if it was that important to him, I think he would have made more of an issue over it.....

Hagbard Celine
11-07-2007, 03:40 PM
??....no it isn't....I deny it....see, it's deniable......there is no evidence out there that is not equally 'evidence' of creation.....the only evidence available is that a creature existed.....it could have been created, it could have evolved.....the explanation for it's origin is unevidenced theory.....

You may "deny" it by saying, "I deny it," but that doesn't make it representative of reality. The reality is that the fossil record shows the clear progression of life on Earth beginning with simple creatures and leading up to modern, complex creatures. It's undeniable. Now unless you're willing to grossly augment the book of Genesis to include the part where God put fossils into the Earth to fool us all then I'm afraid you either have to choose to believe that either the Bible is a collection of oral history, parables and fables written by ancient men with zero scientific understanding of their world and therefore isn't an accurate template by which to measure physical scientific facts or that it's possible God created the Earth and set evolutionary principles to work in his creation.
Either way, you're never going to prove that Genesis is a literal account of creation because it isn't. You should also know that you're never going to prove the existence of God because nobody ever has or ever will. The whole point of God is to have faith in a higher power. The key word being "faith." This creation vs. evolution debate is an endless argument that has no point. Either you're on one side or the other. You are one of two things: a rational person who accepts physical evidence that you can see and feel that backs up current scientific theories regarding the evolution of life on Earth or you irrationally believe that the ancient Jews were the ones who got it right when it comes to the creation myth game. :dunno: Pick your poison.

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2007, 03:49 PM
The reality is that the fossil record shows the clear progression of life on Earth beginning with simple creatures and leading up to modern, complex creatures.

no it doesn't....the fossil record shows a bunch of dead animals.....your theory, which cannot be scientifically proven, is that these are related to each other by the path of evolution.....an alternative theory, which also cannot be scientifically proven, is that God created each of those dead animals.......

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2007, 03:51 PM
You are one of two things: a rational person who accepts physical evidence that you can see and feel that backs up current scientific theories regarding the evolution of life on Earth

actually, I am a rational person who sees the holes in your theory that you like to gloss over......

Hagbard Celine
11-07-2007, 03:56 PM
actually, I am a rational person who sees the holes in your theory that you like to gloss over......

You want to talk about holes? Let's start with the biggest one in your story. *ahem* Show one shred of evidence to support God's existence.

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2007, 03:58 PM
the existence of the universe is just as much evidence of God's existence as it is of any other theory of origin....the fact that you don't credit the evidence as sufficient, doesn't mean there is no evidence.....

however, I will say that the Christian explanation of origin follows more rationally from their foundational beliefs than does the secular views of origin.....when the secular who denies the existence of the metaphysical begins to talk about origin, they find themselves violating their own beliefs by reaching for metaphysical explanations....totally irrational.....

Hagbard Celine
11-07-2007, 04:00 PM
the existence of the universe is just as much evidence of God's existence as it is of any other theory of origin....the fact that you don't credit the evidence as sufficient, doesn't mean there is no evidence.....

Not conclusive. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

Oh yeah. I should mention this theory is based on physically observable evidence. Unlike the whole God idea. Keep trying! Good luck!

April15
11-07-2007, 06:50 PM
God is a convenient explanation for those who are inherently insecure. In the past, long ago, the concept was used for mind control of the oppressed to keep them subservient. That is how many religionuts are today, unable to make a true logical deduction. If they did republicans would be a forgotten specie.

HotPinkConsevative
11-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Why wouldn't he let things evolve?

If there is no such thing as evolution why do we have so many different species of snake? spider? Survival of the fittest, people pass onto their offspring those things that will help them survive. As I said before, changes in snakes and spiders are simply preprogrammed changes

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Not conclusive. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

Oh yeah. I should mention this theory is based on physically observable evidence. Unlike the whole God idea. Keep trying! Good luck!

lol, Hag.....the Jews and Christians were the earliest proponents of the Big
Bang theory....we even know what it sounded like......."Let there be....." in Hebrew......

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2007, 08:55 PM
If they did republicans would be a forgotten specie.

funny....you would think all those wealthy folks would be the ones most likely to survive, wouldn't you......

HotPinkConsevative
11-07-2007, 09:04 PM
I was reading a book the other day, and I found out that in the early 1990's a T-Rex was found to have red blood cells! I found this discovery quite amazing because red blood cells are only supposed to last a couple thousand years before the compleatly break down, I also found out that there has been quite a few discoveries like that in the past hundred years or so.
Also, have any of you read anything on DNA, or even a "simple cell"? each so called simple cell works like a hugh city, nothing that unscientific make belief could create.
Somebody said that pretty much anything that humans create was created by God, this is wrong for at least two reasons, 1. God created humans and angels, one third of all the angels dicided that they 'could be as God' and therefore fell from heaven. Saten then dicided to convence as many humans as possible to follow him, if only to spite God, because Saten knows that God loves humans so much that it hurts him very much to see them hurting.
The only reason that Saten can hurt people is that God allows it - He doesn't want everyone just to follow him because they have to- he wants to follow him because they love him and want to follow him.

82Marine89
11-07-2007, 09:09 PM

If you believe in creationism, then how did Adam and Eve's children, Cain, Abel, and Seth, get wives? Did they marry their sisters?

If you believe in evolution, then when did man first stand erect?

82Marine89
11-07-2007, 09:11 PM

How did it reproduce?

HotPinkConsevative
11-07-2007, 09:13 PM
why are there only two alternatives in your response....1) God created or 2) God just let the world evolve?.....how about 3) God caused the world to change in the way he chose and at the time he chose....evolution may simply be another word for the act of creation....God created a marvelous little computer called DNA that enables any organism to grow to adapt to it's environment....the earth goes through a climate change and glaciers cover the earth?....bears develop white insulating water resistant fur.....or do you think God created both polar bears and those that live in tropical regions seperately?.......

actually you are quite right, I shouldn't have just put just two alternatives. I'm not sure that we both agree on what he did, after the flood, God then let all the animals go all over the world and had them adapt to the climates that they were in

HotPinkConsevative
11-07-2007, 09:14 PM
How did what reproduce?

82Marine89
11-07-2007, 09:19 PM
How did what reproduce?

You said God gave us one dog. How did it reproduce? How did Adam and Eve's children reproduce?

HotPinkConsevative
11-07-2007, 09:20 PM
If you believe in creationism, then how did Adam and Eve's children, Cain, Abel, and Seth, get wives? Did they marry their sisters?

If you believe in evolution, then when did man first stand erect?

Yes Cain Abel and Seth all married there sisters (I mean, I else would Cain say that marrying his sister and moving to certain place where he would build a city, was too much for him to bare?:-) ) it wasn't till Moses time that God said for Family members not to marry other family members (which by that time there children would be born deformed as well as a few other reasons)

HotPinkConsevative
11-07-2007, 09:23 PM
You said God gave us one dog. How did it reproduce? How did Adam and Eve's children reproduce?
No, no, no! God gave us one 'type' of dog with a hugh DNA range, he gave us a male and a female dog!

gabosaurus
11-07-2007, 10:58 PM
The Gospel According to Bill Hicks:

Fundamentalist Christianity - fascinating. These people actually believe that the the world is 12,000 years old. Swear to God. Based on what? I asked them.

"Well we looked at all the people in the Bible and we added 'em up all the way back to Adam and Eve, their ages: 12,000 years."

Well how fucking scientific, okay. I didn't know that you'd gone to so much trouble. That's good. You believe the world's 12,000 years old?

"That's right."

Okay, I got one word to ask you, a one word question, ready?

"Uh-huh."

Dinosaurs.

You know the world is 12,000 years old and dinosaurs existed, they existed in that time, you'd think it would have been mentioned in the fucking Bible at some point.

"And lo Jesus and the disciples walked to Nazareth. But the trail was blocked by a giant brontosaurus... with a splinter in his paw. And O the disciples did run a shriekin': 'What a big fucking lizard, Lord!' But Jesus was unafraid and he took the splinter from the brontosaurus's paw and the big lizard became his friend.

"And Jesus sent him to Scotland where he lived in a loch for O so many years inviting thousands of American tourists to bring their fat fucking families and their fat dollar bills.

manu1959
11-07-2007, 11:03 PM
why did god create the universe and only one planet with life on it......

gabosaurus
11-07-2007, 11:17 PM
How do you know that there is only life on one planet?

manu1959
11-07-2007, 11:21 PM
How do you know that there is only life on one planet?

wmd argument.....if you haven't found them they don't exist....

or god argument...if you can't prove he exists he doesn't...

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2007, 11:29 PM
then how did Adam and Eve's children, Cain, Abel, and Seth

you didn't think those were the only kids they had, did you?

How did Adam and Eve's children reproduce?

my money is on "the same way we do today"......

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2007, 11:34 PM
No, no, no! God gave us one 'type' of dog with a hugh DNA range, he gave us a male and a female dog!

I think there were 137 of them......15 were males.....if you disagree you are a heretic and should be burned at the stake.....

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2007, 11:36 PM
why did god create the universe and only one planet with life on it......

who says he only created life on one planet.....I don't recall seeing anything about that in the Bible.....

God created stars so we could look up in the sky and say "oooh, how pretty"......except he created some so far away we can't even see them yet.....go figure....

if I was a "God" I would have created a few alternative worlds....the question is, are we the experiment or the control group......

manu1959
11-07-2007, 11:51 PM
who says he only created life on one planet.....I don't recall seeing anything about that in the Bible.....

God created stars so we could look up in the sky and say "oooh, how pretty"......except he created some so far away we can't even see them yet.....go figure....

if I was a "God" I would have created a few alternative worlds....the question is, are we the experiment or the control group......

ok ....why did he create us.....

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2007, 11:57 PM
maybe he wanted to see what we would do if he said "Don't touch that tree!".....

manu1959
11-08-2007, 12:00 AM
maybe he wanted to see what we would do if he said "Don't touch that tree!".....

so he did it out of boredom....

PostmodernProphet
11-08-2007, 12:01 AM
ok ....why did he create us.....

actually, I don't think we're the control group....I think we are the experiment.....we're the ones he created in such a way that we find your avatar funny.....all the other ones just wouldn't get it......

manu1959
11-08-2007, 12:03 AM
actually, I don't think we're the control group....I think we are the experiment.....we're the ones he created in such a way that we find your avatar funny.....all the other ones just wouldn't get it......

but why bother?

PostmodernProphet
11-08-2007, 12:04 AM
so he did it out of boredom....

well, du'h.....the whole first third of eternity with nothing to look at but formless void?.....think about it.....

PostmodernProphet
11-08-2007, 12:06 AM
but why bother?

what's the good of being leet if there's no-one around to say "hey, he's leet!"....

HotPinkConsevative
11-08-2007, 12:10 AM

Ok..think about this- God cursed all of his creation for what Adam and Eve had done. Why would God make all his creation suffer for what Adam and Eve did here on earth? I mean that doesn't seem like a very nice God to me!

manu1959
11-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Ok..think about this- God cursed all of his creation for what Adam and Eve had done. Why would God make all his creation suffer for what Adam and Eve did here on earth? I mean that doesn't seem like a very nice God to me!

cursed...suffer...you must be joking....

manu1959
11-08-2007, 12:13 AM
well, du'h.....the whole first third of eternity with nothing to look at but formless void?.....think about it.....

sounds peacefull.....sunrise ....sun set..... full moons....silence....

HotPinkConsevative
11-08-2007, 12:38 AM
cursed...suffer...you must be joking....

Nope, I am not joking

carbonbased
11-08-2007, 04:27 AM
While "Evolution or Creation" is a rather amusing topic I still think it would get even more fun if we also brought some other (http://crab.rutgers.edu/~goertzel/creationmyths.htm) creational myths into consideration.

Maybe this is the truth?

Comanche
One day the Great Spirit collected swirls of dust from the four directions in order to create the Comanche people. These people formed from the earth had the strength of mighty storms. Unfortunately, a shape-shifting demon was also created and began to torment the people. The Great Spirit cast the demon into a bottomless pit. To seek revenge the demon took refuge in the fangs and stingers of poisonous creatures and continues to harm people every chance it gets.

It actually explains why snakes are poisonous - not talking about fruits!

PostmodernProphet
11-08-2007, 08:16 AM

We aren't suffering for what Adam and Eve did....we are suffering for what we would have done as well, if we had been them.....

Look at it this way.....if you go to your school's football game against it's chief rival and your team has the highest score at the end of the game, all your friends jump up and down shouting "we won, we won" even though none of them were out on the field......we "identify" with the players on the field because they represent us.....saying that we are being punished for what Adam and Eve did is like jumping up and down shouting "we won" when the team does well, but saying "if I had been on the field it would have been different" when the team doesn't do well....

we find it impossible to do everything that God would want us to do even when faced with the uncertainty of having to accept his existence upon faith....Adam and Eve walked and talked with him daily and STILL couldn't do everything he wanted them to do....we would have done no better....

so we aren't being punished because of what Adam and Eve did, we are punished because we are no better than Adam and Eve were at obedience....

fortunately for us, being forgiven for not being good at it, isn't conditioned upon obedience, it's only conditioned upon acceptance.....

PostmodernProphet
11-08-2007, 08:19 AM
sounds peacefull.....sunrise ....sun set..... full moons....silence....

umm, Manu....I don't think you quite have a grasp on "formless void".....no sunrise, no sunsets, no moon.....think sensory deprivation chamber......

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 08:44 AM
It says in the Bible that after Christ returns and all the Christians ascend, all will be made known to them. Why not just wait until then?

You can drive yourself crazy speculating the reason for this and that when there's no way to know for sure.

HotPinkConsevative
11-08-2007, 08:57 AM
We aren't suffering for what Adam and Eve did....we are suffering for what we would have done as well, if we had been them.....

Look at it this way.....if you go to your school's football game against it's chief rival and your team has the highest score at the end of the game, all your friends jump up and down shouting "we won, we won" even though none of them were out on the field......we "identify" with the players on the field because they represent us.....saying that we are being punished for what Adam and Eve did is like jumping up and down shouting "we won" when the team does well, but saying "if I had been on the field it would have been different" when the team doesn't do well....

we find it impossible to do everything that God would want us to do even when faced with the uncertainty of having to accept his existence upon faith....Adam and Eve walked and talked with him daily and STILL couldn't do everything he wanted them to do....we would have done no better....

so we aren't being punished because of what Adam and Eve did, we are punished because we are no better than Adam and Eve were at obedience....

fortunately for us, being forgiven for not being good at it, isn't conditioned upon obedience, it's only conditioned upon acceptance.....

The way that we are suffering from what Adam and Eve did, is not the way that you think, Before Adam and Eve sined the was no death no suffering, just imagine, a world were instead of getting awful hormones every month and possibly cramps, it's like crying that's getting water out. just imagine, a wourld where everybody loves everybody, Where you never die, life would be perfect!

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 09:01 AM
The way that we are suffering from what Adam and Eve did, is not the way that you think, Before Adam and Eve sined the was no death no suffering, just imagine, a world were instead of getting awful hormones every month and possibly cramps, it's like crying that's getting water out. just imagine, a wourld where everybody loves everybody, Where you never die, life would be perfect!

I told you in the beginning of this thread that you were going to have hard time.

And you didn't answer my question. Why not just wait until Christ returns to worry about questions that obviously can't be answered now?

HotPinkConsevative
11-08-2007, 09:21 AM
I told you in the beginning of this thread that you were going to have hard time.

And you didn't answer my question. Why not just wait until Christ returns to worry about questions that obviously can't be answered now?

If you want to get as many people to believe as possible before he returns, then it would be kinda silly to wait untiltill he returns to tell everybody, besides, there will be a time when Christ returns, but it's not for good, he is just coming to get all the Christians, I kwno that sounds really rude like some mean guy only taking who he wants, but everone will get last chance, after the rapture, there will be a man whose name equals 666 and he will make a 7 year peace treaty with Israel, which he will break at the 3 1/2 year mark when Saten himself indwells in him (as soon as Saten indwells himself in the antichrist, the antichrist will have amazing power, power to call down fire from heaven on anyone who opposes him, scary huh?) he will be raised from the dead at that point, and he will be trying to kill even more
Christian then before, all who dont' have the mark of the beast(the antichrist) the sad thing about the mark of the beast is that if you take it willingly then you have just been eternally condemned. after the 7 years are over, Christ will come back, throw the antichrist and his flase prophet live, into the lake of fire. He will rule on the earth for 1000 years at the end of which he'll let saten out of the bottemless pit where he will do much harm for a short time, then Christ will cast him(saten) into the bottemless pit where he will stay forever. God will then make a new heaven and a new earth where we will live forever. I hope that answers your question pale rider, the reason not to wait till Christ comes back is so we can help as many people as we can, Goback to heaven with Christ, so they won't have to suffer during those 7 years

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 10:06 AM
If you want to get as many people to believe as possible before he returns, then it would be kinda silly to wait untiltill he returns to tell everybody, besides, there will be a time when Christ returns, but it's not for good, he is just coming to get all the Christians, I kwno that sounds really rude like some mean guy only taking who he wants, but everone will get last chance, after the rapture, there will be a man whose name equals 666 and he will make a 7 year peace treaty with Israel, which he will break at the 3 1/2 year mark when Saten himself indwells in him (as soon as Saten indwells himself in the antichrist, the antichrist will have amazing power, power to call down fire from heaven on anyone who opposes him, scary huh?) he will be raised from the dead at that point, and he will be trying to kill even more
Christian then before, all who dont' have the mark of the beast(the antichrist) the sad thing about the mark of the beast is that if you take it willingly then you have just been eternally condemned. after the 7 years are over, Christ will come back, throw the antichrist and his flase prophet live, into the lake of fire. He will rule on the earth for 1000 years at the end of which he'll let saten out of the bottemless pit where he will do much harm for a short time, then Christ will cast him(saten) into the bottemless pit where he will stay forever. God will then make a new heaven and a new earth where we will live forever. I hope that answers your question pale rider, the reason not to wait till Christ comes back is so we can help as many people as we can, Goback to heaven with Christ, so they won't have to suffer during those 7 years

Hey... I'm a born again Christian. I've read the Bible cover to cover. You're telling me things I already know.

And I can understand you wanting to proselytize here, but some have questions about creation that you can't answer. That's what I'm talking about.

manu1959
11-08-2007, 10:26 AM
umm, Manu....I don't think you quite have a grasp on "formless void".....no sunrise, no sunsets, no moon.....think sensory deprivation chamber......

um at one poit there was that on no people....but that was not my question....

my question is why did he create us.....

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 10:35 AM

And I can understand you wanting to proselytize here, but some have questions about creation that you can't answer. That's what I'm talking about.

See what I mean hotpink? You can't answer that. Only God can, and he's not a member of debatepolicy.

Hagbard Celine
11-08-2007, 10:41 AM
lol, Hag.....the Jews and Christians were the earliest proponents of the Big
Bang theory....we even know what it sounded like......."Let there be....." in Hebrew......

Wow. Just wow. How old are you? Five?

PostmodernProphet
11-08-2007, 11:08 AM
The way that we are suffering from what Adam and Eve did, is not the way that you think, Before Adam and Eve sined

the point you miss is that it all isn't simply the result of Adam and Eve's acts....if A&E hadn't the next generation would have...all the way up to you...it's because of YOUR sinfulness that it is happening, not because of anyone else's......

PostmodernProphet
11-08-2007, 11:10 AM
um at one poit there was that on no people....but that was not my question....

I don't think he created the earth for himself, he created the earth for us.....it was US that he created for himself......

PostmodernProphet
11-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Wow. Just wow. How old are you? Five?

yes...which makes you what, one and a half? What's your point?

Hagbard Celine
11-08-2007, 11:36 AM
yes...which makes you what, one and a half? What's your point?
Yes. I'm one and half. You're on to me.

HotPinkConsevative
11-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Hey... I'm a born again Christian. I've read the Bible cover to cover. You're telling me things I already know.

yeah, I knwo that i can't answer all of your questions, but it would be a lot easier if you would tell me exactly what you question is

Hagbard Celine
11-08-2007, 01:38 PM
yeah, I knwo that i can't answer all of your questions, but it would be a lot easier if you would tell me exactly what you question is

PLEASE! Don't keep it from us! Fill us all in on the secret of creation! Put the debate to rest already! I'm on the edge of my seat awaiting your irrefutable pseudoscientific proof! :lol:

HotPinkConsevative
11-08-2007, 01:42 PM

Hey, I do want to proselytize people here, but that's not why I made this thread, I made this thread because I wanted to know what people think about said subject. And really, if people would just ask a question in plain English then It'll be a lot easier for me to answer, the one thing that I sometimes have troube at it simply answering a question where I'm not sure what the question is, I could probabley write 20 books full of stuff i've learned on this subject, I just really need a place to start

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 11:58 PM

Umm... stay with me here... "I" don't have a question. I merely pointed out to you, because I have years of experience with many of the people here on this board, that you were going to have a hard time selling the idea of creation to them... OK?

Pale Rider
11-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Hey, I do want to proselytize people here, but that's not why I made this thread, I made this thread because I wanted to know what people think about said subject. And really, if people would just ask a question in plain English then It'll be a lot easier for me to answer, the one thing that I sometimes have troube at it simply answering a question where I'm not sure what the question is, I could probabley write 20 books full of stuff i've learned on this subject, I just really need a place to start

Well if you're having a hard time hanging in this thread, you may want to give some thought to being anywhere else on the board, because people have been playing soft ball with you here.

HotPinkConsevative
11-09-2007, 12:12 AM
yeah, ya'll are right, I havn't been the best example in taking other peoples correcting remarks and looking at myself and seeing if there is anything that I need to learn or to change, thanks to all ya'll who have helped me learn some very valuable lessons :-) :-) :-)

HotPinkConsevative
11-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Well if you're having a hard time hanging in this thread, you may want to give some thought to being anywhere else on the board, because people have been playing soft ball with you here.

Do you think that I should quit the site?

diuretic
11-09-2007, 02:25 AM

Hell no, you haven't done anything wrong, stick around, it's a good place.

Pale Rider
11-09-2007, 04:51 AM

Only if you like being a quiter.

One thing real quick, PM dmp or jimnyc and ask them to correct the spelling in your board name.

Immanuel
11-09-2007, 08:05 AM

Heck no!

Don't quit. Stick around and have some fun.

Learn from what went on here and give it a go later.

You are a welcomed addition to the site.

Immie

Hagbard Celine
11-09-2007, 10:03 AM
While "Evolution or Creation" is a rather amusing topic I still think it would get even more fun if we also brought some other (http://crab.rutgers.edu/~goertzel/creationmyths.htm) creational myths into consideration.

Maybe this is the truth?

Comanche
One day the Great Spirit collected swirls of dust from the four directions in order to create the Comanche people. These people formed from the earth had the strength of mighty storms. Unfortunately, a shape-shifting demon was also created and began to torment the people. The Great Spirit cast the demon into a bottomless pit. To seek revenge the demon took refuge in the fangs and stingers of poisonous creatures and continues to harm people every chance it gets.

It actually explains why snakes are poisonous - not talking about fruits!

Finally! Someone has broken the code. There is nothing to suggest that the Jewish creation myth is superior to any other. EVERY ancient society has a creation myth and they're all different. If we're going to debate the finer points of an oral myth passed down by cavemen, we might as well also debate the finer points of the myth passed down by the pygmy people of the Amazon.

HotPinkConsevative
11-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Heck no!

Don't quit. Stick around and have some fun.

Learn from what went on here and give it a go later.

You are a welcomed addition to the site.

Immie

Hey thanks! i didn't really want to quit, i just thought that ya'll were saying (practicley) that this may not be the correct web-site for me. Though I'm really greatfull for ya'll taking it easy on me:-)

gabosaurus
11-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Let us once again consult the Gospel According to Bill Hicks:

I asked this guy, I said, 'Can I ask you a question? It's a one-word question.'
"Go ahead."
"Dinosaur. Come on man, Dinosaur fossils. What's the deal?"
"Dinosaur fossils? God put those there to test our faith."
"I think God put you here to test my faith, dude. You believe that?"
"Uh huh."
Does that trouble anyone here? The idea that God might be fuckin' with our heads? Anyone have trouble sleeping restfully with that thought in their heads?
God's running around, burying fossils: "Huh huh ho. We will see who believes in me now, ha HA. I'm a prankster god. I am killing me. Ho ho ho ho."
You know, you die, you go to St. Peter
"Did you you believe in dinosaurs?"
"Well, you know, there was fossils everywhere."
KOOM Ooowwwwwww.
"What are you, an idiot? God was FUCKING with you! Giant flying lizards? You moron! That's one of God's easiest jokes!"
"It seemed so plausible! Aieeeeeeeee!"
Bound for the lake of fire.

PostmodernProphet
11-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Finally! Someone has broken the code. There is nothing to suggest that the Jewish creation myth is superior to any other. EVERY ancient society has a creation myth and they're all different. If we're going to debate the finer points of an oral myth passed down by cavemen, we might as well also debate the finer points of the myth passed down by the pygmy people of the Amazon.

the funniest creation myth is the one that thinks the first living thing crawled out of a pit of slime after creating itself.....

diuretic
11-10-2007, 09:22 PM
the funniest creation myth is the one that thinks the first living thing crawled out of a pit of slime after creating itself.....

Who's got that one? That's funny too!

HotPinkConsevative
11-12-2007, 10:08 AM

Totally right!!!

Hagbard Celine
11-12-2007, 10:12 AM

Thanks for that wise insight. Now onto something that's half-way coherent!....:poke:

PostmodernProphet
11-12-2007, 02:59 PM
.:poke:

why can't we have an icon of the blue guy taking the stick and breaking over the yellow guy's head?.......

manu1959
11-12-2007, 04:59 PM
.:poke:

why can't we have an icon of the blue guy taking the stick and breaking over the yellow guy's head?.......

i always thought the yellow dude should see a doctor about the growths on his "stick"........the blue dude sure looks scared....