PDA

View Full Version : Angry migrant underclass might erupt in U.S.

stephanie
11-07-2007, 03:36 AM
Posted on Sun, Nov. 04, 2007Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
BY ANDRES OPPENHEIMER
aoppenheimer@MiamiHerald.com
The rapid escalation of the U.S. anti-immigration hysteria -- fueled by ratings-hungry cable-television hotheads and leading Republican presidential hopefuls -- is a dangerous trend: It may lead to a Hispanic intifada that may rock this nation in the not-so-distant future.
Remember the Palestinian intifada of the early 1990s, when thousands of frustrated young Palestinians took to the streets and threw stones at Israeli troops? Remember the French intifada of the summer of 2005, in which disenfranchised Muslim youths burned cars and stores in the suburbs of Paris?
If we are not careful, we may see something similar coming from the estimated 13 million undocumented immigrants in the United States, most of them Hispanic, who are increasingly vilified in the media, forced further into the underground by spineless politicians and not given any chance to legalize their status by a pusillanimous U.S. Congress.

We are creating an underclass of people who won't leave this country and, realistically, can't be deported. They and their children are living with no prospect of earning a legal status, no matter how hard they work for it. Many of them will become increasingly frustrated, angry, and some of them eventually may turn violent.

I was thinking about all of this when I read about last week's U.S. Senate refusal to pass the Dream Act, a bill that would offer a path to legalization to children of undocumented immigrants who were brought to the United States at a very young age, and who get a college degree or serve in the military.

SNIP:
You may have violated a rule, but that should not make you an ''illegal'' person. You may have gotten a ticket for speeding, but that doesn't make you an ''illegal'' human being, even if the potential harm of your reckless driving is much greater than anything done by most of the hard-working undocumented immigrants in this country.

Carrying out enforcement-only policies, labeling undocumented workers as ''illegals'' and depriving them of hope for upward mobility -- rather than working toward greater economic cooperation with Latin America to reduce migration pressures -- is not only wrong, but dangerous. The millions of undocumented among us will not leave. They will only get angrier.

read the rest...and Lots of comments...
http://www.miamiherald.com/418/story/295183.html

Pale Rider
11-07-2007, 03:53 AM
This fucking openhiemer is a TWIT! "Undocumented immigrants," HORSE SHIT!!! I HOPE the "ILLEGAL ALIENS" DO uprise, because the patience of the American people has been rubbed raw, and violence on the part of an illegal mob would push them over the edge. There would be ZERO tolerance for illegals after that, and frankly, I'd hope that it would give way to VIGILANTES!!! Yeah that's right... REAL ARMED VIGILANTES, and I'd be one of them. They want a fucking fight... WELL THEY'D HAVE ONE!

stephanie
11-07-2007, 04:22 AM
This fucking openhiemer is a TWIT! "Undocumented immigrants," HORSE SHIT!!! I HOPE the "ILLEGAL ALIENS" DO uprise, because the patience of the American people has been rubbed raw, and violence on the part of an illegal mob would push them over the edge. There would be ZERO tolerance for illegals after that, and frankly, I'd hope that it would give way to VIGILANTES!!! Yeah that's right... REAL ARMED VIGILANTES, and I'd be one of them. They want a fucking fight... WELL THEY'D HAVE ONE!

Did you read the comments with the article...Pretty much a lot people said what you are..:cheers2:

Gaffer
11-07-2007, 08:50 AM
one way to tell if the article is written by a lib or not. Note how many illegals they say are in the country. 12 million is the accepted liberal number while conservatives say 20 million. You only have to look at the article and see how many the author says are here to figure out how he/she leans. That and whether they use undocumented or illegal.

Dilloduck
11-07-2007, 09:06 AM
one way to tell if the article is written by a lib or not. Note how many illegals they say are in the country. 12 million is the accepted liberal number while conservatives say 20 million. You only have to look at the article and see how many the author says are here to figure out how he/she leans. That and whether they use undocumented or illegal.

In other words when illegals have enough numbers and enough lawyers to tell America to get screwed, it will all be Americas' fault for not treating the lawbreakers nicer. I can hardly wait for them to organize for higher wages.

Gaffer
11-07-2007, 09:14 AM
In other words when illegals have enough numbers and enough lawyers to tell America to get screwed, it will all be Americas' fault for not treating the lawbreakers nicer. I can hardly wait for them to organize for higher wages.

In case you hadn't noticed they are already doing that. And they have the support of the America haters as well. Their true intent will be shown when the rioting starts.

Dilloduck
11-07-2007, 09:30 AM
In case you hadn't noticed they are already doing that. And they have the support of the America haters as well. Their true intent will be shown when the rioting starts.

America is evil for luring them here in the first place. :cool:

gabosaurus
11-07-2007, 12:12 PM
California already has a plan to deal with the angry migrant underclass. We are sending them to Alaska.

manu1959
11-07-2007, 12:14 PM

isn't that what the grape pickers did decades ago....

manu1959
11-07-2007, 12:14 PM
California already has a plan to deal with the angry migrant underclass. We are sending them to Alaska.

when do you leave?

Pale Rider
11-07-2007, 03:11 PM

And so will mine... and thousands of others.

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2007, 03:35 PM
They and their children are living with no prospect of earning a legal status

this is the core of the problem, and it's what pisses off the immigrants AND the natives.....the government takes no action on illegals because they know the economy has come to rely on immigrant labor.....but, instead of simply passing a law giving the needed labor an opportunity to become legal, which would solve the whole problem.....they sit on their hands and do nothing.....I think that citizens and immigrants alike should band together in an "intrafada" against the government.......

Monkeybone
11-07-2007, 03:52 PM
they do have the chance to become legal, most just don't or are probaly too lazy or since they can't read english....

what do you mena PMP? like a revolt and the likes? take us back to where the states decide what they want instead of the fed gov deciding for everyone?

i don't know what would happen if they ever became violent. i don't think that it would be too pretty. and if you tried to do something about it, or even protect yourself you would probably get labled as a racist. that would like me being mad that they made stealing illegal or murder.

and that DREAM act that the article mentions, it was a good idea. givin aliens better chances to become a citizen, until they started attaching adendums to it to basically make it into another Amnesty thing.

Kathianne
11-07-2007, 09:01 PM
this is the core of the problem, and it's what pisses off the immigrants AND the natives.....the government takes no action on illegals because they know the economy has come to rely on immigrant labor.....but, instead of simply passing a law giving the needed labor an opportunity to become legal, which would solve the whole problem.....they sit on their hands and do nothing.....I think that citizens and immigrants alike should band together in an "intrafada" against the government.......

I seriously disagree with your 'solution' though I do agree with you about the government, both parties. I think the idea of an intafada is not only wrong for both our country and the illegals, it may cause something you are not even contemplating. Bottom line, the illegals need to return home, forced or voluntary, preferably the later as a result of law enforcement. I don't believe in jailing or deporting those that haven't committed crimes, just make enforce the laws that make it a crime to hire undocumented. No penalties on the workers, just the employers.

11-07-2007, 09:24 PM
You know, they wouldnt be underclass if they came here legally, assimilated and learned the language like every other immigrant who has ever come here.

This reminds me of the guy at the airport who parked his car in the pick up zone after the cops told him not to and went into the airport only to return to find he had received a ticket. He was pretty angry too. But it was no one's fault but his own.

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2007, 11:44 PM
they do have the chance to become legal, most just don't or are probaly too lazy or since they can't read english....

dude.....compare the number that are here with the number that can get a green card under the current system........one in a hundred has a chance to become legal.....

PostmodernProphet
11-07-2007, 11:48 PM
what do you mena PMP? like a revolt and the likes?

no, but since the Congress is revolting, get rid of their asses.....and I won't vote for anyone who refuses to enact a working immigration solution simply because they don't like the word "amnesty"....so unless the Republicans sort that out they will have one less voter next year......

Kathianne
11-07-2007, 11:50 PM
no, but since the Congress is revolting, get rid of their asses.....and I won't vote for anyone who refuses to enact a working immigration solution simply because they don't like the word "amnesty"....so unless the Republicans sort that out they will have one less voter next year......

to which I would say, 'ok'.

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 06:54 PM

In all actuallity, if the present immigration laws were enforced, we wouldn't be in the situatioin we are now. So it's not really that we need to enact new laws, it's more like we need to enforce the law.