PDA

View Full Version : Ladies! Do you like your DH's friends?

KitchenKitten99
02-08-2007, 11:13 PM
And if not, what do you do when they come around?

Tim has got this one friend that I don't like for several reasons, but I won't get into those (unless someone wants to know), and so I have resolved to leaving the house or asking Tim to take his buddy elsewhere, because my personal distaste for him. I am in no way asking him to stop being friends with him, I just don't care to associate with him anymore. Tim doesn't want me to leave every time this guy shows up (not like he would out of the blue cuz he lives and works an hour away).

Insein
02-09-2007, 01:56 AM
DH?

KitchenKitten99
02-09-2007, 08:19 AM
DH?

silly me... I forgot which board I was talking to. DH=dear husband
I'm surprised no one here knew that.

Dilloduck
02-09-2007, 09:12 AM
silly me... I forgot which board I was talking to. DH=dear husband
I'm surprised no one here knew that.

:lmao: I thought it meant 'designated hubby' !

KitchenKitten99
02-09-2007, 11:26 AM
:lmao: I thought it meant 'designated hubby' !

it could, depending on his drinking habits :alcoholic:

Mr. P
02-09-2007, 12:02 PM
I can read cyberease ok but to read the 'Fuzzease'. Well..:laugh:

Pale Rider
02-09-2007, 12:34 PM
What is it about him you don't like?

KitchenKitten99
02-09-2007, 01:10 PM
What is it about him you don't like?

Well, he's moody and overly-needy, and he is a hard-to-read person. You never know what kind of mood he is truly in and his sarcasm isn't apparent, so sometimes you think he means what he says. But a recent backstabbing behavior is the straw that broke the camel.

2 months ago he called up asking if we could spare one of our cars, because his was needing a repair that his mechanic said to avoid driving the car if possible. So, we offered him a choice. The Caddy or Impala. He chose Impala because of fuel mileage. Now we warned him the Impala needed a new ingnition switch, so periodically it may have trouble starting, but it will- it just took a few minutes for the car's computer system to recoginize the key. It is a $500 job to replace it, so being close to Christmas, we held off until last month.

So, he says he'll need it for a week at most. At the end of the week, he said his car was still not fixed because the tranny they had to order from Japan (Honda car) was held up for some reason. So he needed another week. Meanwhile, I have to wait until Tim gets home at 7pm to go anywhere or do anything. All this time he had it, he complained to everyone he knew that my car was a PoS. It has nearly 140k, and is 6 years old, and is paid for. Even still, it worked better than his at the moment, and his is newer than ours.

Now, he works in the same office as Tim's mom and older brother John, and even asked John what we paid monthly for the car -not that it was any of his business, and John told him he didn't know and asked why. Tim's friend said that if it was more than a certain $$, we were getting ripped off. :bang3:

So, we get the car back, and while he did top off the tank, fluids, and get the oil changed, the car itself was free. For two weeks. Then I talk to my BIL about a computer issue I was having, and he mentioned what the guy said, and I was furious. I told Tim, and he got a little upset, but he feels that since his friend was going through a lot emotionally because of his recent divorce (wife left him), he isn't going to press the matter. I on the other hand, want nothing to do with him any longer.

sorry this got longer than I wanted.

KitchenKitten99
02-09-2007, 01:37 PM
I can read cyberease ok but to read the 'Fuzzease'. Well..:laugh:

uh, it isn't my term. It is actually fairly common amongst more female-dominated boards. The ones I frequent is webMD parenting.
others:
DS- son
DD-daughter
SO-significant other
BF-boyfriend (or breastfeeding, depending on the board and topic)
FF-formula fed/feeding
DF-fiance
OT-off topic
IMO-in my opinion

Pale Rider
02-09-2007, 01:46 PM
I think what you did was VERY generous fuzzy. I understand why you feel the way you feel.

I've had friends ask me to use my truck because they needed to move something, and didn't have a truck. They even offered to let me use one of their cars, and I still flat out denied them.

jillian
02-09-2007, 02:28 PM
I think you went above and beyond with the guy. If he had complaints, he could have rented himself a car while his was out of commission. Otherwise, he should have been thankful that someone entrusted him with something so expensive to replace.

If someone does you a favor, you don't diss them. I wouldn't talk to the guy either. I would do what you've decided to do and just not be around him.

oh... and I knew what a DH was (must be a female thang!)

darin
02-09-2007, 02:31 PM
sorry this got longer than I wanted.

I've had to use that same line on women... :)

KitchenKitten99
02-09-2007, 02:43 PM

:lol: dmp, the jokester... :p

Pale Rider
02-09-2007, 02:43 PM

... and in my case, it's the truth.. :D

darin
02-09-2007, 02:51 PM
... and in my case, it's the truth.. :D

uh - I've never used that line on you, brother.....that's just...ew! :vomit:

:D

Abbey Marie
02-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Fuzzy, I would be angry too. What an ingrate!
When people act that way (tear down their friends in some way), I usually find there is some jealousy involved.

KitchenKitten99
02-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Fuzzy, I would be angry too. What an ingrate!
When people act that way (tear down their friends in some way), I usually find there is some jealousy involved.

ya know, in the 8 years he has been friends with Tim, I have tried to like him. I have tried to befriend him, and talk to him like I do the other guys. But he is just to hard to read emotionally and otherwise. I never really got close to his now-ex because she was/is so pretentious. I can't make myself like someone who I feel uncomfortable around. It just makes it hard for Tim though because this guy is our oldest son's godfather, and Tim is his oldest son's godfather, as well as our boys' middle names reflect that. Not by my choice, but at the time, I didn't care too much, because I didn't have much of an issue with him then.

I guess I don't see why Tim wants me to stay when he's here, because he doesn't come for my company anyway. His last visit here (about 2 weeks after the car borrowing incident) he brought his kids, who are very cute and well behaved, and played great with Nathan. Problem was that he went downstairs to our den with Tim, and they proceeded to chat online with someone from high school they hadn't talked to in months, for two hours. Meanwhile, i play the babysitter upstairs, without even being asked. I just did what I instinctively do daily. I almost wanted to ask him for my hourly rate! But, I didn't want to make a scene with his kids there, so I just kept my mouth shut. But you can bet Tim heard about it afterwards. He wanted to tell his friend about my feelings about the whole thing, but I said no, i just needed to get it off my chest, and that nothing needed to be said to his buddy, but from now on I have no interest in being around him.