PDA

View Full Version : Twice now since the shut down I haven't been able to log on...

Pale Rider
11-07-2007, 06:28 PM
I don't know what it is, but I'll be on the board and click to go to another thread or section, it'll sit there and do nothing, and then I get a message that says this internet page cannot be displayed, and that I should check my internet connection. This is the only website that does that. Everything else loads in a heart beat. This not being able to log on will last for a couple hours, just like what just happened not long ago.

What's up with that?

dan
11-07-2007, 06:37 PM
I couldn't get on earlier tonight, about an hour ago. Probably more server issues.

darin
11-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah - server is jacked. :)

April15
11-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Virtual burping.

jimnyc
11-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Anyone read the announcement where I let everyone know the server would be coming down at 4pm EST today to have the drives moved to a new server?

82Marine89
11-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Anyone read the announcement where I let everyone know the server would be coming down at 4pm EST today to have the drives moved to a new server?

It also happened last night about 8 fricking times.

dan
11-07-2007, 09:39 PM

:link:

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 04:32 AM
Happened again just now. The board went dead at 11:40 PM my time and I haven't been able to get back on until now. The message I get is the same every time... "cannot find server." It happens enough. It was happening before the crash, and it's happening after the crash. Your board deserves better Jim. This server sucks.

jimnyc
11-08-2007, 06:32 AM
Because of the outage from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon, I turned off monitoring services. I am in the process of signing up with better services. These are paid services, and they monitor various ports on your website at set intervals. In order for me to have the service check the site every 60 seconds I must pay a fee. I'm also adding a few more free services for redundant checking that will run anywhere between 5-15 minute intervals.

Shortly you will see a small uptime button in my signature that will show the total server uptime from the paid service.

This will not only help us all keep aware of how the server performs, but give me additional ammunition when opening support tickets showing them that it's not my connection, which they frequently claim is the problem.

Again though, bear with me, as I believe we'll be moved to a much better place before long!

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 06:39 AM
Because of the outage from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon, I turned off monitoring services. I am in the process of signing up with better services. These are paid services, and they monitor various ports on your website at set intervals. In order for me to have the service check the site every 60 seconds I must pay a fee. I'm also adding a few more free services for redundant checking that will run anywhere between 5-15 minute intervals.

Shortly you will see a small uptime button in my signature that will show the total server uptime from the paid service.

This will not only help us all keep aware of how the server performs, but give me additional ammunition when opening support tickets showing them that it's not my connection, which they frequently claim is the problem.

Again though, bear with me, as I believe we'll be moved to a much better place before long!

Outstanding.

jimnyc
11-08-2007, 06:41 AM
:link:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=8496

jimnyc
11-08-2007, 06:46 AM
I have just an image in my signature which pulls the uptime stats since recording started with the new monitoring service. It's only an image as certain elements of the script aren't allowed in signatures.

At the top of the board, just to the right of the Paypal donate button, is once again the image, but that one is clickable and will bring you to the stats page for the board.

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 06:53 AM
I have just an image in my signature which pulls the uptime stats since recording started with the new monitoring service. It's only an image as certain elements of the script aren't allowed in signatures.

At the top of the board, just to the right of the Paypal donate button, is once again the image, but that one is clickable and will bring you to the stats page for the board.

It's being checked by Moscow, Russia? :confused:

jimnyc
11-08-2007, 07:24 AM
It's being checked by Moscow, Russia? :confused:

That's just one. They have 80 datacenters around the world and they check randomly. This is to ensure reliability, and to make sure the server is available and not failing as a result of just one route. It'll use a different server to test every minute.

dan
11-08-2007, 08:00 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=8496

I was just messing with you, I'd have to be a real asshole to demand a link to the top of the board!