PDA

View Full Version : Halting Hillary brings together '08 Dems

red states rule
11-08-2007, 05:27 AM
Has Hillary's flip flopping and whining finally caught up to her? Now Bill has come out and cried how poor Hillary (the smartest women in the world) is being "swift boated"

Halting Hillary brings together '08 Democrats
By Christina Bellantoni
November 8, 2007

The enemy of my enemy is my friend" may be the new campaign motto for the two Democratic presidential hopefuls simultaneously working to topple Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton.

The New York Democrat and former first lady is the candidate to beat, so former Sen. John Edwards and Sen. Barack Obama have turned their attention to her, using different styles to drag down her poll numbers.

It's not clear which of the two men would gain the most from a hypothetical Clinton collapse, but for now, they're helping each other out.

Already Mrs. Clinton's commanding lead in national and state polls is shrinking, with at least three polls showing the trend in recent days.

Mr. Edwards is the aggressor — often putting the words "corrupt" and "Clinton" in the same sentence, all the while pushing himself as the candidate of big change.

"The Democratic debate . . . was a defining moment in this election. From my perspective, it is important for the next president ... to be honest and sincere and trustworthy given what's happened with Bush over the last seven years. Instead of straight talk, there was a lot of double talk in the debate from Senator Clinton," Mr. Edwards said.

Mr. Obama is more nuanced, and even used a friendly "Saturday Night Live" venue to push his message — "I'm not going to change who I am" — with the subtext being that this is exactly how Mrs. Clinton operates.

He also tells voters that his record will withstand criticism in a general election.

for the complete article
http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071108/NATION/111080080/1001