PDA

View Full Version : I'm Getting A Real Itch...

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 08:22 AM
I road one of these at this years Street Vibrations. Harley Davidson had their trailer there with many of the new models and letting people test ride them on about a three mile ride, lead by a Harley rep. The one I rode was red. But, I'm getting a real unhealthy itch to own one of these. I especially like the inverted front forks and the 110 cubic inch Screamin Eagle engine. This thing is nimble and quick, and I need one like another whole in the head. What can I say... I love Harleys... and this thing is freakin' pretty...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2271/1917703353_84a53f0b50_o.jpg

glockmail
11-08-2007, 08:52 AM
What's in that little blue bump, low and just behind the front wheel?

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 09:09 AM
What's in that little blue bump, low and just behind the front wheel?

The voltage regulator.

About the only thing I don't like about this bike is the separate tach mounted above the handle bar clamp. I'd change that to an integrated tach/speedo in the tank console like I have mine.

jackass
11-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Hey Pale,
Does that mean you will give me your old one?!?!?! :laugh2:

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Hey Pale,
Does that mean you will give me your old one?!?!?! :laugh2:

What... you on an all nighter'? :cheers2: - - :laugh:

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 05:37 PM
So "pictures" of cars are OK in the photography section, but "pictures" of Harley Davidsons are not... OK. That's kind of fucked.

glockmail
11-08-2007, 07:05 PM
I agree. That's fucked up.

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 07:20 PM
I agree. That's fucked up.

I wonder if it had a picture of a rice burner if it would have been allowed to stay.

glockmail
11-08-2007, 07:27 PM
As long as it was the right kind of rice burner, I guess. But not being a "car guy" I really shouldn't have a clue. I'll just have to go back to fish line and carpenter levels...

Sitarro
11-08-2007, 09:10 PM
I road one of these at this years Street Vibrations. Harley Davidson had their trailer there with many of the new models and letting people test ride them on about a three mile ride, lead by a Harley rep. The one I rode was red. But, I'm getting a real unhealthy itch to own one of these. I especially like the inverted front forks and the 110 cubic inch Screamin Eagle engine. This thing is nimble and quick, and I need one like another whole in the head. What can I say... I love Harleys... and this thing is freakin' pretty...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2271/1917703353_84a53f0b50_o.jpg

That is easily one of the finest looking scooters I have ever seen, I can fully understand your itch........ how much?

jackass
11-08-2007, 09:15 PM
What... you on an all nighter'? :cheers2: - - :laugh:
Well I thought it might be worth a shot. I keep trying to talk my wife into letting me buy one but no luck so far.

So "pictures" of cars are OK in the photography section, but "pictures" of Harley Davidsons are not... OK. That's kind of fucked.

What pic was deleted?

Jon
11-08-2007, 09:54 PM

<iframe src="http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=89256&postcount=1" height=600 width=100%></iframe>

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 10:27 PM
That is easily one of the finest looking scooters I have ever seen, I can fully understand your itch........ how much?

Depending on the dealer, probably around $26K to $28K out the door.

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Well aren't you just little mister johnny be helpful, doing Darin's work for him, thank you so much Jon.

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 10:30 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.co

Well aren't you just little mister johnny be helpful, doing Darin's work for him, thank you so much Jon, you get a star for the day.

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Fucked up another thread with the iframe stuff.

82Marine89
11-08-2007, 10:35 PM
That bike would look good lowered and raked.

Pale Rider
11-09-2007, 12:28 AM
That bike would look good lowered and raked.

Yeah but then you'd have to go over speed bumps sideways and it would ride like shit. As it is it's a great rider. Very nimble and easy to throw around, and corners really nice. You won't have very big chicken strips on these tires. They weren't out to build a chopper. That's not what Harley ever intended the Dyna to be.

How do I know all this. You may never have known 82Marine89, but I'm a retired Harley Davidson Technician, and I own a 2006 Limited Edition 35th Anniversary Dyna Super Glide.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2165/1928885236_baf3595bc5_o.jpg

glockmail
11-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Well aren't you just little mister johnny be helpful, doing Darin's work for him, thank you so much Jon, you get a star for the day.

Fucked up another thread with the iframe stuff.

I agree he's been such a nice boy. :pee: on him for a golden shower better than a golden star.

Jon
11-09-2007, 01:56 PM

Took a bit of creative work, but I was able to fix the beloved thread that you hosed with your edit of my quote.

You're welcome.

Pale Rider
11-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Took a bit of creative work, but I was able to fix the beloved thread that you hosed with your edit of my quote.

You're welcome.

Hey... I'll make my apology public right here... I've had the mother of all tooth aches for two days now. I have gotten crap for sleep hence all my posts here, and I haven't eaten, and I've been eating Vicodin like candy. So not only am a very tired and a little loopy, I'm a more than just a little bit irritable.

So sorry Jon. Didn't mean to jump all up in your shit. I went to Dental urgent care this morning, and I'll be better soon.

glockmail
11-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Hey... I'll make my apology public right here... I've had the mother of all tooth aches for two days now. I have gotten crap for sleep hence all my posts here, and I haven't eaten, and I've been eating Vicodin like candy. So not only am a very tired and a little loopy, I'm a more than just a little bit irritable.

So sorry Jon. Didn't mean to jump all up in your shit. I went to Dental urgent care this morning, and I'll be better soon.

Gee, I kinda liked you as an ornery old coot, giving the mods shit an all.

darin
11-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Thanks Pale - :beer:

Refreshing to see ppl's posts 'moderated' without the OP getting bitter. Good work, Jon.