PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice for my bff

HotPinkConsevative
11-08-2007, 03:39 PM
My a couple months ago my bff joined a chat group for aspiring clothes designers, she really liked the people at first, but after a while, her so called friends started telling her that she didn't know anything about clothes and that being a clothes designer would be the worst idea that she could ever diside to do. i think that she quit the chat room. but I don't knwo if she'll take it very well. Do you think that that's what I should do????????

mrg666
11-08-2007, 03:53 PM
if she's your best friend you should encourage her in all things.
as long as they are not bad things, when people are put down especialy young folk , it sometimes discourages them from doing things that they would be good at :)

HotPinkConsevative
11-08-2007, 03:55 PM
yeah, and she's REALLY good at designing stuff

Guernicaa
11-08-2007, 04:14 PM
My a couple months ago my bff joined a chat group for aspiring clothes designers, she really liked the people at first, but after a while, her so called friends started telling her that she didn't know anything about clothes and that being a clothes designer would be the worst idea that she could ever diside to do. i think that she quit the chat room. but I don't knwo if she'll take it very well. Do you think that that's what I should do????????

...Should we expect anything better from a young conservative living in Texas?

Mr. P
11-08-2007, 04:18 PM
if she's your best friend you should encourage her in all things.
as long as they are not bad things, when people are put down especialy young folk , it sometimes discourages them from doing things that they would be good at :)

There ya go....successful people surround themselves with the positive not negative, at the same time keeping an eye on the negative for good measure and balance.

April15
11-08-2007, 04:29 PM
It could be the new friends are scared of her talent.

April15
11-08-2007, 04:30 PM
...Should we expect anything better from a young conservative living in Texas?uncalled for!

Abbey Marie
11-08-2007, 04:44 PM

I think that she should quit the chat room, too. Go for it.

Nukeman
11-08-2007, 04:56 PM
uncalled for!Agreed whole heartedly..

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 04:58 PM
It could be the new friends are scared of her talent.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Somebody may have become a little envious. However, I'll bet that sort of dog eat dog is something she'll run into often in that line of work. She probably should get some thick skin.

glockmail
11-08-2007, 05:12 PM

History is full of people who were told early on that they were full of shit, and used that as an incentive to become great and shove it back in their faces. Sucess is the best revenge.

Guernicaa
11-08-2007, 05:25 PM
uncalled for!
No not really.

Pale Rider
11-08-2007, 05:31 PM
No not really.

Yes really. But then that's what you do here, more than anyone else.

Yurt
11-08-2007, 06:11 PM
it was funny.

darin
11-08-2007, 06:51 PM
I don't believe you have a leg to stand on when it comes to personal attacks considering you once threatened that you were going to "find me" and physically attack me. I do believe you also received a very long ban for those comments during which you started an unsuccessful forum with Nevada which you then described was going to be "one of the hottest boards on the internet". So, in other words, you’re a hypocrite, and a loser.

Removed from thread.

Look - Can we keep the F'in PEACE around here for 10 minutes?

82Marine89
11-08-2007, 08:21 PM

As you grow older, you will learn that honesty with your friends will keep them around for a long time. I'm brutally honest with family and friends. They might not like what you have to say, but they'll know you care and are looking out for them.

Just my 2˘.

HotPinkConsevative
11-09-2007, 12:02 AM
thanks ya'll! I'll make sure to tell her next time I see her:-)

Yurt
11-09-2007, 12:57 AM
Removed from thread.

Look - Can we keep the F'in PEACE around here for 10 minutes?

So what gets us removed? It was a funny comment. I just had the same comments directed at me. No bans and no worries, I took it in stride.

My only concern is, only one got banned. Where is the line?