PDA

View Full Version : Poll shows Arabs dislike Bush

stephanie
02-09-2007, 02:42 AM
SAY IT AINT.........SO...
Anybody who takes Reuters as a friend of the United States........
Just look at all their negative articles about US....
The People of the UNITED STATES...
But of course I know a few of you here will say,
WE DESERVIE IT... :(

By Carol Giacomo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A new poll on Thursday underscored deep Arab unhappiness with the United States but said the negative image could be repaired if Washington brokered a comprehensive Arab-Israeli peace agreement.

The survey of 3,850 people in six Arab countries rated President George W. Bush as the most disliked world leader, while the United States and Israel were viewed as significantly greater threats than Iran.

Sixty-seven percent of the respondents said the United States could improve its image by brokering a comprehensive Middle East peace agreement.

A smaller number -- 33 percent -- said this image change could happen if Washington withdrew its troops from Iraq.

The results show the Arab-Israeli conflict "remains the central prism through which people are evaluating the United States", even when the international focus is on the Iraq war and nuclear crisis with Iran, said Shibley Telhami of the Saban Center for Middle East Policy at the Brookings Institution.

Major powers recently backed a U.S. push to revive Israeli-Palestinian talks, with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice planning to travel to the region next week.

Based on face-to-face interviews conducted for the Saban Center by the Zogby International polling firm last November and December, attitudes were surveyed in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco and United Arab Emirates. Continued...
Respondents were asked to identify which world leader outside of their own country they disliked most.

Bush was named by 38 percent, former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon by 11 percent, current Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert by 7 percent and British Prime Minister Tony Blair by 3 percent.[/COLOR[COLOR="Blue"]](HUMMMMMMMMMMM)

HEZBOLLAH LEADER ADMIRED

The most admired leader was Hassan Nasrallah of Hezbollah, the Iranian-backed Islamic militant group in Lebanon, with 14 percent.

French President Jacques Chirac followed with 8 percent, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad with 4 percent and Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez with 3 percent.

Hezbollah, Ahmadinejad and Chavez are all adversaries of the United States, while Chirac was at odds with Washington in the run-up to the Iraq war.:pee:

Seventy-nine percent of the respondents cited Israel as their biggest threat, while the United States was named by 74 percent. Iran, which Washington considers a major threat because of its nuclear ambitions, was named by only 6 percent of the Arabs surveyed.

Although Bush and some U.S. politicians insist American troops cannot now be withdrawn from Iraq without leaving worse chaos behind, 44 percent of the Arabs polled said Iraqis will find a way to bridge their differences and 33 percent said a U.S. withdrawal would have no effect on the current situation.

Only 24 percent of the respondents predicted an American withdrawal would cause the Iraqi civil war to expand rapidly.
http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2007-02-09T032440Z_01_N08208702_RTRUKOC_0_US-MIDEAST-USA-POLL.xml&pageNumber=1&imageid=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-ArticlePage1

:lol:

red states rule
02-09-2007, 06:18 AM
I am sure FDR was not liked among Nazi's

Hobbit
02-09-2007, 11:02 AM
The duh heard round the world.

Hagbard Celine
02-09-2007, 11:20 AM
This is the first year that the US president is the MOST disliked world leader in the opinion of Middle Easterners. Usually the prime minister of Israel takes the top spot. But, I've got to say Bush has been jockeying pretty hard for this position. I'm glad to see all his hard work has finally paid off.

trobinett
02-09-2007, 12:09 PM
This is the first year that the US president is the MOST disliked world leader in the opinion of Middle Easterners. Usually the prime minister of Israel takes the top spot. But, I've got to say Bush has been jockeying pretty hard for this position. I'm glad to see all his hard work has finally paid off.]

Me too, must mean he's doing a hell of a job.

Hagbard Celine
02-09-2007, 12:16 PM
]

Me too, must mean he's doing a hell of a job.

Don't you mean "heckuva" job?

jillian
02-09-2007, 12:17 PM
*Yawn* Most of the public here isn't too fond of Bush either. So?

trobinett
02-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Don't you mean "heckuva" job?

No.:lol:

Did you know that Chuck Norris doesn't sleep, he wait's?

Saw that some where.;)

Hagbard Celine
02-09-2007, 12:55 PM
No.:lol:

Did you know that Chuck Norris doesn't sleep, he wait's?

Saw that some where.;)

You must be one of the 30 percent.

red states rule
02-09-2007, 04:18 PM
*Yawn* Most of the public here isn't too fond of Bush either. So?

Unlike Clinton, Pres Bush does not govern by polls, or to get glowing coverage from the liberal media

Only libs care about being liked by the nation's enemies

KitchenKitten99
02-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Unlike Clinton, Pres Bush does not govern by polls, or to get glowing coverage from the liberal media

Only libs care about being liked by the nation's enemies

only libs care about being popular with everyone, probably because few or none of them were back in their school days. i'll bet you can trace their self-loathing hostility back to them being picked on by the school bully or being teased by the in-crowd. I know that is kind of why I was a liberal for so long.

I hated feeling the way I did and being teased, and I wanted to be liked by everyone so much that by 8th grade, it started to consume my life, and by senior year, I was more worried about kids liking me, than grades, and I almost didn't graduate early like I wanted to. Then ya know what... I grew up, stopped caring what others thought, and was just myself. I gained more friends and was happier, still am. Because I don't give a hoot if someone doesn't like something about me. That's their problem.

red states rule
02-09-2007, 04:43 PM
only libs care about being popular with everyone, probably because few or none of them were back in their school days. i'll bet you can trace their self-loathing hostility back to them being picked on by the school bully or being teased by the in-crowd. I know that is kind of why I was a liberal for so long.

I hated feeling the way I did and being teased, and I wanted to be liked by everyone so much that by 8th grade, it started to consume my life, and by senior year, I was more worried about kids liking me, than grades, and I almost didn't graduate early like I wanted to. Then ya know what... I grew up, stopped caring what others thought, and was just myself. I gained more friends and was happier, still am. Because I don't give a hoot if someone doesn't like something about me. That's their problem.

That is one of the differences between Conservatives and Liberals

Conservatives made it out of adolescence

KitchenKitten99
02-09-2007, 05:04 PM
That is one of the differences between Conservatives and Liberals

Conservatives made it out of adolescence
I wouldn't say I made it entirely.

Gaffer
02-09-2007, 05:42 PM
I guess they only polled the small minority of radicals for their results. That's where all their news sources are anyway.

Ado
02-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Well a couple of Arabs must be happy with him;
he's still here and still their puppet.

krisy
02-09-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm thinking maybe they don't like George Bush because he doesn't put up with their radical terrorist horsesh*t.......surprising isn't it? Really,it's hard to take anything these people think seriously. They have an intense hatred for Jews that will never go away,no matter what. Their unreasonable. I mean really,they like the leader of Iran,he's a good guy:uhoh:

As far as what poeple here in the U.S. really think of Bush we will never know because of the skewed polling that takes place. Not to mention the constant horror stories on the news,and never a piece of good info coming out of Iraq,at least the way the press reports it.

Yurt
02-09-2007, 06:26 PM
These same arabs can't even agree on who is their "leader." They have no clue, only they know they must fight a 1400 year old war between themselves. Everyone else is an infidel. Period.

Make no mistake about that religion, you are with them or not. Yet they mock Bush for this statement. Snakes.