PDA

View Full Version : Fish Oil Pills

Guernicaa
11-08-2007, 07:38 PM
I've been taking fish oil pills lately (Omega-3's)...Anyone else taken or currently taking them?

glockmail
11-08-2007, 07:44 PM
So THAT 'splains it. :poke:

5stringJeff
11-08-2007, 07:47 PM
I've been taking fish oil pills lately (Omega-3's)...Anyone else taken or currently taking them?

As I understand, they are supposed to be good for your heart and/or brain.

hjmick
11-08-2007, 07:49 PM
I give them to my dogs so their coat will be nice and healthy and their skin not dry and itchy. They seem to work.

hjmick
11-08-2007, 07:49 PM

Huh...My dogs do seem smarter and more energetic...

retiredman
11-08-2007, 07:54 PM
my cardiologist recommends them

82Marine89
11-08-2007, 08:08 PM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cn73Wtem0No&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cn73Wtem0No&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

glockmail
11-08-2007, 08:47 PM
my cardiologist recommends them For you I would recomend lots and lots and lots of salt.

retiredman
11-08-2007, 08:50 PM
For you I would recomend lots and lots and lots of salt.

for you, I'd recommend lots and lots of KY Jelly. You don't want to hurt the little fella!

glockmail
11-08-2007, 08:53 PM
for you, I'd recommend lots and lots of KY Jelly. You don't want to hurt the little fella! What little fella are you wet dreaming about now, mr pedophile?

glockmail
11-08-2007, 08:56 PM
My grandpop had a dozen eggs a bottle of scotch per week and he died at age 94. That will be my diet.

Yurt
11-08-2007, 09:47 PM
for you, I'd recommend lots and lots of KY Jelly. You don't want to hurt the little fella!

pervert

Pale Rider
11-09-2007, 12:15 AM

My parents gave my brother and sisters and I a teaspoon of Cod Liver Oil each night before bed for awhile. Don't remember what for. It is supposed to be good for you.

Nukeman
11-09-2007, 07:49 AM
Take it as well, its good for lowering your cholesterol (the Omega-3's). I would also throw in a flax seed oil capsule as well to be sure your getting all the oils you need. Dont forget the exercise that goes with it.

As a side not don't go for the expensive ones they have been shown to have more additives than the cheaper ones. Most studies are done on the effectiveness of the less expensive ones due to the fact that is what most people buy.

Trigg
11-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Take it as well, its good for lowering your cholesterol (the Omega-3's). I would also throw in a flax seed oil capsule as well to be sure your getting all the oils you need. Dont forget the exercise that goes with it.

You forgot to mention the side affects

Guernicaa
11-09-2007, 02:53 PM

As a side not don't go for the expensive ones they have been shown to have more additives than the cheaper ones. Most studies are done on the effectiveness of the less expensive ones due to the fact that is what most people buy.
I take these extra fat ones. They have fish oil, flax seed oil, and sunflower oil.

Guernicaa
11-09-2007, 03:00 PM
My parents gave my brother and sisters and I a teaspoon of Cod Liver Oil each night before bed for awhile. Don't remember what for. It is supposed to be good for you.

I'm not sure if thats the stuff they put in the fish pills, it might be, because the benefits seem to be the same:

Cod liver oil is derived from cod livers. It is a nutritional supplement, in the past commonly given to children. Cod liver oil is one of the most effective providers of omega-3 fatty acids, and an excellent source of vitamin A and vitamin D. It is widely taken to ease the pain and joint stiffness associated with arthritis[1] but has also been clinically proven to have a positive effect on heart,[2][3] bone,[4] and brain[5] health, as well as helping to nourish skin,[6] hair, and nails.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cod_liver_oil