PDA

View Full Version : Huge Oil Find Off Coast of Brazil

red states rule
11-09-2007, 02:05 PM
A new oil reserve has been found that could equal the oil in Venezuela and Saudi Arabia

Last year a huge oil field was found in the Gulf of Mexico

In 2000, Pres Bush wanted to tap the oil in Anwar. Dems said no, and it would take 6 years before we would get a drop of oil

Well, the oil could be flowing out right now - as oil approaches $100/bll

When will libs finally stop blocking us from tapping our on oil reserves and stop rolling over to the enviro wackos?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14678206/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7086264.stm

Pale Rider
11-09-2007, 02:43 PM
A new oil reserve has been found that could equal the oil in Venezuela and Saudi Arabia

In 2000, Pres Bush wanted to tap the oil in Anwar. Dems said no, and it would take 6 years before we would get a drop of oil

When will libs finally stop blocking us from tapping our on oil reserves and stop rolling over to the enviro wackos?

I heard this early this morning on the radio. I think if we looked hard enough we could find all the fucking oil this world would ever need. But the oil cartels don't want that. Then they wouldn't be stuffing their pockets with record profits. If there was ever a segment of the free market that I'd agree should be under government regulation, it would be the oil industry. They have us all by the shortest of the short hairs, and they're milking us for every fucking last penny the can pinch out of us without open revolt. They have the government bought off and in their back pockets, so they pretty much have it made.

red states rule
11-09-2007, 02:46 PM
I heard this early this morning on the radio. I think if we looked hard enough we could find all the fucking oil this world would ever need. But the oil cartels don't want that. Then they wouldn't be stuffing their pockets with record profits. If there was ever a segment of the free market that I'd agree should be under government regulation, it would be the oil industry. They have us all by the shortest of the short hairs, and they're milking us for every fucking last penny the can pinch out of us without open revolt. They have the government bought off and in their back pockets, so they pretty much have it made.

Pale, the oil companies make 10 cents profit off a gallon of gas. Governent makes 50 to 60 cents in taxes

We also need to relax regs and allow oil companies to build and expand refineries. They are running at 98 to 99% and take much more new oil

Hagbard Celine
11-09-2007, 02:49 PM

Tried to pos rep you but I've got to spread it around first!

11-09-2007, 05:02 PM
i think we would have plenty of oil for our needs as well. atleast if the government freaking let anyone drill for it.

red states rule
11-09-2007, 05:04 PM
i think we would have plenty of oil for our needs as well. atleast if the government freaking let anyone drill for it.

From what I have seen, groups like the Sierra club go to court and block any attempt

Yurt
11-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Pale, the oil companies make 10 cents profit off a gallon of gas. Governent makes 50 to 60 cents in taxes

We also need to relax regs and allow oil companies to build and expand refineries. They are running at 98 to 99% and take much more new oil

Exactly.

red states rule
11-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Exactly.

So who is really gouging the consumer here?

actsnoblemartin
11-09-2007, 05:24 PM
awww. such a preety kitty

red states rule
11-09-2007, 05:34 PM
From a buddy of mine via email

Has the dem congress offered to reduce the tax on gas? Who makes the biggest profit on every single stinkin gal of gas?..............USA, LOCAL, STATE, AND FEDERAL GOVERNMENT,,THAT'S WHO......PHALEEEEASE, when the question was ask at the dem debate about the high cost of heating homes this winter NOT ONE OF THEM ANSWERED THE QUESTION, the answer should been a moretorium on heating fuels taxes for six months.

Dems actually doing something to lower the cost of gas for the working people they claim to care about?

Dream on!!!

Hobbit
11-09-2007, 06:08 PM

You're thinking OPEC. That's the cartel.