PDA

View Full Version : Departed

Cheyenne
11-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Starring Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Wahlberg.

Not a movie you want to have on the TV with kids in the room; VERY nasty language, VERY violent. Was a good movie, but this spoiled it for me.

Hagbard Celine
11-09-2007, 02:14 PM
I thought it was mediocre. The ending was lame.

Cheyenne
11-09-2007, 02:25 PM
I beg to differ with you, but then that's why they make all kinds of movies. :)

dan
11-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah, definitely was a hard R, but I thought it was outstanding.

SORTA SPOILERS

I disagree, I felt the ending perfectly fit the movie. The entire theme of the movie is that nobody is really innocent, it sort of needed to end that way. And, in the end, the only person left alive, Marky Mark, is certainly not a hero by any means. The plot structure closely resembles a five-part Shakespearean tragedy. It would've been mediocre and lame to me if the bad guys died and the good guys all lived happily ever after.

truthmatters
11-09-2007, 07:52 PM
I thought it was a good movie.

manu1959
11-09-2007, 09:54 PM
loved this movie.....

live and die in la

usual suspects

kalifornia

resivouir dogs

natural born killers

love these movies

Cheyenne
11-09-2007, 11:10 PM
usual suspectsG-r-e-a-t movie!

resivouir dogs I'm more of a Pulp Fiction gal.

Ronin is another good one.

I have 'Twilight' & 'Breach' here waiting to be watched

dan
11-09-2007, 11:43 PM
I think Kill Bill is now my favorite Tarantino movie, but to be fair, I pretty much burned myself out on Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs.

Cheyenne
11-10-2007, 01:43 AM
I think Kill Bill is now my favorite Tarantino movie, but to be fair, I pretty much burned myself out on Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs.What about Four Rooms?

mrg666
11-10-2007, 02:16 AM
loved this movie.....

live and die in la

usual suspects

kalifornia

resivouir dogs

natural born killers

love these movies

wheres leon and pulp fiction

dan
11-10-2007, 11:53 AM
What about Four Rooms?

Four Rooms was okay. I thought Robert Rodriguez's part (the one with the two kids) was the best one, Tarantino's was second-best after that, but I don't technically qualify that as a "Tarantino movie".

Has anyone seen Death Proof yet? It's okay, but definitely my least favorite Tarantino movie. Kurt Russell's cool in it, though.

Cheyenne
11-10-2007, 11:56 AM
I watched 'Keeping Mum' last night, starring Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean), Maggie Smith. Patrick Swayze is in to too; man does he look bad.

Anyway it was good; funny, but not hysterical; shows the daughter's boobs a couple of times. I don't consider this one a waste of time.

Four Rooms was okay. I thought Robert Rodriguez's part (the one with the two kids) was the best one, Tarantino's was second-best after that, but I don't technically qualify that as a "Tarantino movie".
Agreed.

Said1
11-10-2007, 01:38 PM
I really liked Departed - didn't you want punch Marky Mark in the head at certain points? :laugh: The casting was excellent and the script was decent as well. Even though Ray Winstone didn't have a large role, he has become one of my favorite actors - he was awesome in The Propostion - another one I loved despite the extreme violence.

truthmatters
11-10-2007, 02:08 PM
I caught an old movie recently called the Professional. It has Natalie Portman in it and she was about 12 years old. Its a great little film and she kicked ass.

typomaniac
11-10-2007, 03:33 PM

Not a movie you want to have on the TV with kids in the room; VERY nasty language, VERY violent. Was a good movie, but this spoiled it for me.

Damn! I was hoping this was your "goodbye" thread! :laugh2:

(No, not really. You're not even top ten on the list of members I wouldn't mind seeing permabanned.)

mrg666
11-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

i enjoyed it the story and acting were good , the violence and language came with the territory.

Cheyenne
11-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Damn! I was hoping this was your "goodbye" thread! :laugh2:

(No, not really. You're not even top ten on the list of members I wouldn't mind seeing permabanned.)
Thanks....I guess. :o

nevadamedic
11-11-2007, 02:55 PM

What do you expect from a true story about an Irish Mob boss.

nevadamedic
12-08-2007, 10:02 PM
I think Kill Bill is now my favorite Tarantino movie, but to be fair, I pretty much burned myself out on Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs.

I've never seen Kill Bill, what is it about? I have heard it talked about a lot.

dan
12-09-2007, 08:08 PM
I've never seen Kill Bill, what is it about? I have heard it talked about a lot.

Uma Thurman is a member of an all-woman assassination squat, led by Bill. The movie opens with Bill, at Uma's wedding, shooting her in the head. He thinks she's dead, but she survives, and once healed, she goes about seeking revenge on the entire squad.

It was released in two parts, the first part being an homage to old kung fu movies (complete with over-the-top and hokey violence, as well as an outstanding anime sequence), and the second part is sort of a western, but more all over the place (in a good way). It's not a sequel, though, the whole thing was clearly designed as one big story. Obviously, if you don't like Quentin Tarantino, you won't like it, but in my humble opinion, it's his best movie.

manu1959
12-09-2007, 09:31 PM
I caught an old movie recently called the Professional. It has Natalie Portman in it and she was about 12 years old. Its a great little film and she kicked ass.

did you wath the director's cut or the US version....also you should rent his prequel of sorts....Nikita