PDA

View Full Version : 2007 War on Christmas Has Started

red states rule
11-09-2007, 09:03 PM
The lefts annual war on Christmas has started early this year.

Once again, the kook left is attacking Christmas, to appease a small minority that does not celebrate the holiday

Red, green lights to be banned?
Committee proposal says colored Christmas twinklers too religious

Posted: November 6, 2007
1:00 a.m. Eastern

A special task force in a Colorado city has recommended banning red and green lights at the Christmas holiday because they fall among the items that are too religious for the city to sponsor.

"Some symbols, even though the Supreme Court has declared that in many contexts they are secular symbols, often still send a message to some members of the community that they and their traditions are not valued and not wanted. We don't want to send that message," Seth Anthony, a spokesman for the committee, told the Fort Collins, Colo., Coloradoan.

He said the recommended language does not specifically address Christmas trees by name, but the consensus was that they would not fall within acceptable decorations.

What will be allowed are white lights and "secular" symbols not associated "with any particular holiday" such as icicles, unadorned greenery and snowflakes, the task force said.

The group was made up of members of the city's business and religious communities as well as representatives from some community groups. Members met for months to review the existing holiday display policy, which allowed white as well as multi-colored lights and wreaths and garlands.

In previous years, there also was a Christmas tree at the city's Oak Street Plaza.

A vote on the proposal will be coming up before the city council on Nov. 20, officials said.

"As far as I'm concerned, the group ended up in a very fair place in which primarily secular symbols will be used on city property," task force member Saul Hopper told the newspaper.

Anthony told WND that there actually would be colored lights allowed.

"Colored lights would be allowed as part of holiday display inside city buildings, and as part of the multicultural display at the museum. Our recommendations allow wide latitude as far as what can be included in those displays, which are the displays the public sees and interacts with the most," he said.

However, a copy of the actual proposal said for city building exteriors, "white lights" are allowed, and for city building interior common areas, such as lobbies, hallways and conference rooms, administrators should follow the guidelines that include allowances for "snowflakes, snowmen, snow balls, ice skates, skies, penguins, polar bears, white lights, etc."

The new guidelines include no provision for colored lights.

The existing holiday display rules were adopted in 2006 after a rabbi requested that the city display a menorah.

The only apparent exception to the completely secular rule would be at the Fort Collins Museum, where a "multicultural display" of symbols and objects would be collected to represent Diwali, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and Christmas among others.

"I expect criticism from people who feel like we are taking Christmas away. And I expect we will get criticism from people who think educational display endorses religions," Anthony said. "(But) to the extent we can, recognizing that offending no one will be impossible, we want to be inclusive."

City officials touted their own efforts.

"I am really delighted to see us taking this step," Mayor Doug Hutchinson said when the task force was being assembled. "I think Fort Collins is a great city, and I think great cities are inclusionary."

In a forum for the Coloradoan, outrage was pretty evident.

"Let's spend our CHRISTMAS money somewhere that believes in CHRISTMAS!" wrote barbie333. "Where does the 'PC-ization' stop? Maybe if the town leaders realize that we do not live in Boulder (or California)!?"

Added "Stick," "No Virginia, there is no Santa Claus, he is dead from lack of political correctness and the elves have all been sent to China to make toys."

"Seth Anthony says, 'Some symbols, even though the Supreme Court has declared that in many contexts they are secular symbols, often still send a message to some members of the community that they and their traditions are not valued and not wanted. We don't want to send that message.' Guess what, Seth? That's EXACTLY the message you sent me!" added "notpc."

"If the city council decided to not acknowledge Christmas on public grounds this year then all city offices should be open for business on Dec. 25th, white lights shining! Don't want to offend anyone by stopping city business for a day to celebrate a holiday not everyone believes in," added Amidon
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58528

LiberalNation
11-09-2007, 09:08 PM
:tinfoil:

red states rule
11-09-2007, 09:09 PM
:tinfoil:

Great defense of the kook left LN

LiberalNation
11-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Who's the kook now, nearly what, 75% of our countries pop claim to be christian and celebrates christmas. It's not in any danger no matter how you try and hype it. Towns will still put up trees, store will still sale christmas cards. If your pissed off about the words happy holidays, why. Christmas isn't one day, it's a season and several other major religions have holiday at the same time.

red states rule
11-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Whose the kook, nearly what 75% of our countries claims to be christian and celebrates christmas. It's not in any danger no matter how you try and hype it. Towns will still put up trees, store will still sale christmas cards. If your pissed off about the words happy holidays, why. Christmas isn't one day, it's a season and several other major religions have holiday at the same time.

Without liberal kooks I would never have known red and green lights - gasp - are "religious" symbols

The PC police are running wild

LiberalNation
11-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Everybody needs a hobby. Not like ya'll don't live and breath of this stuff to get all outraged over.

red states rule
11-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Everybody needs a hobby. Not like ya'll don't live and breath of this stuff to get all outraged over.

When libs want to attack Christmas to appease a small minority - yes I get upset

Libs tell us how tolerant they are - I wish they would prove it

retiredman
11-09-2007, 09:26 PM
When libs want to attack Christmas to appease a small minority - yes I get upset

Libs tell us how tolerant they are - I wish they would prove it

this, from the guy who, while getting all righteously indignant about attacks on Christianity, spent all day Easter Sunday from early early morning until late into the evening ranting away on USMB about things having nothing to do with the risen Christ!

faux rage. it is so endearing, RSR...so droll!

manu1959
11-09-2007, 09:48 PM
this, from the guy who, while getting all righteously indignant about attacks on Christianity, spent all day Easter Sunday from early early morning until late into the evening ranting away on USMB about things having nothing to do with the risen Christ!

faux rage. it is so endearing, RSR...so droll!

sounds like your easter was riveting......

Kathianne
11-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Who's the kook now, nearly what, 75% of our countries pop claim to be christian and celebrates christmas. It's not in any danger no matter how you try and hype it. Towns will still put up trees, store will still sale christmas cards. If your pissed off about the words happy holidays, why. Christmas isn't one day, it's a season and several other major religions have holiday at the same time.
So is the 'kook' majority supposed to hide? Is that what you think is the best appearance of America? Is it was is best for you, your children, granted 'adopted' of what have you?

retiredman
11-09-2007, 10:26 PM
sounds like your easter was riveting......

my easter was wonderful. I went to church, and then my family gathered for a lovely dinner. It was only later, when I logged on and examined the postings from RSR and saw that he had posted some cut and paste (or one liner) rant every twenty minutes or so from about 5AM until late into the evening. I found his righteous indignation to be quite humorous!

how was yours?

BoogyMan
11-09-2007, 10:29 PM

That one is just precious LN. A liberal claiming that conservatives live and breathe to be outraged? Bwahahahahahaha :lol:

PostmodernProphet
11-09-2007, 10:32 PM
can someone take a moment to explain to me why a Christian should give a shit whether someone bans red and green lights?......or Christmas trees?...all it means is that the secular humanists are finally getting treated the same way Christians get treated.....their holiday symbols are being taken away.....whoopdedoo......

retiredman
11-09-2007, 10:42 PM
I, for one, have never relied on public displays and decorations to "get me in the mood" for the birth of the Christ child. Christmas in my family is just as exciting and meaningful today as it ever was, and the presence or absence of nativity scenes in the public square, or decorations on lamp posts down mainstreet has never had one iota of impact on my celebration of the holiday.

Kathianne
11-09-2007, 10:44 PM
I, for one, have never relied on public displays and decorations to "get me in the mood" for the birth of the Christ child. Christmas in my family is just as exciting and meaningful today as it ever was, and the presence or absence of nativity scenes in the public square, or decorations on lamp posts down mainstreet has never had one iota of impact on my celebration of the holiday.

Why do you believe there ever was a 'christ child'? What is meaningful to you and your family if such a thing ever really came to be? I understand it would be much better if it were hidden, that would make it more meaningful, except for the idea of sharing, but wtf, no nastiness meant, right.

retiredman
11-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Why do you believe there ever was a 'christ child'? What is meaningful to you and your family if such a thing ever really came to be? I understand it would be much better if it were hidden, that would make it more meaningful, except for the idea of sharing, but wtf, no nastiness meant, right.

I share it with congregations of faithful Christians around the globe. I also understand that not everyone believes as I do.

I do know that I, personally, do not need to have Christian iconography in view 24/7 for me to retain my faith. It would seem that others do. Sad, really.

Kathianne
11-09-2007, 11:06 PM
I share it with congregations of faithful Christians around the globe. I also understand that not everyone believes as I do.

I do know that I, personally, do not need to have Christian iconography in view 24/7 for me to retain my faith. It would seem that others do. Sad, really.

I agree, those that need an icon, are pitiful. There is no need for that.

retiredman
11-09-2007, 11:09 PM
I agree, those that need an icon, are pitiful. There is no need for that.
so, for true believers, what is the real concern? cross, creche, ten commandments, BVM.... why would anyone care if they are on display in the public square?

REDWHITEBLUE2
11-09-2007, 11:19 PM
I Believe ill go buy some extra Red and Green Christmas Lights :dance:

retiredman
11-09-2007, 11:21 PM
I Believe ill go buy some extra Red and Green Christmas Lights :dance:

as a soon to be retired employee of the electric utility industry, I hope you keep them lit 24/7!!!

Kathianne
11-09-2007, 11:24 PM
so, for true believers, what is the real concern? cross, creche, ten commandments, BVM.... why would anyone care if they are on display in the public square?

I don't know, I never claimed to be a 'true believer'. I think you did, so what is your take?

retiredman
11-09-2007, 11:29 PM
I don't know, I never claimed to be a 'true believer'. I think you did, so what is your take?

I decorate my home. I help decorate my church. I fully understand that there are many taxpaying members of my community that do not share my faith. That's too bad for them. As I said earlier, I do not personally feel the need to be within 100 yards of Christian iconography for fear of losing my faith...I certainly do not feel compelled to spend non-believer's tax dollars in putting that iconography in front of THEIR faces against their wishes.

Kathianne
11-09-2007, 11:30 PM
I decorate my home. I help decorate my church. I fully understand that there are many taxpaying members of my community that do not share my faith. That's too bad for them. As I said earlier, I do not personally feel the need to be within 100 yards of Christian iconography for fear of losing my faith...I certainly do not feel compelled to spend non-believer's tax dollars in putting that iconography in front of THEIR faces against their wishes.

Obviously, me neither.

Gaffer
11-09-2007, 11:35 PM
The lefts annual war on Christmas has started early this year.

Once again, the kook left is attacking Christmas, to appease a small minority that does not celebrate the holiday

Red, green lights to be banned?
Committee proposal says colored Christmas twinklers too religious

Posted: November 6, 2007
1:00 a.m. Eastern

A special task force in a Colorado city has recommended banning red and green lights at the Christmas holiday because they fall among the items that are too religious for the city to sponsor.

"Some symbols, even though the Supreme Court has declared that in many contexts they are secular symbols, often still send a message to some members of the community that they and their traditions are not valued and not wanted. We don't want to send that message," Seth Anthony, a spokesman for the committee, told the Fort Collins, Colo., Coloradoan.

He said the recommended language does not specifically address Christmas trees by name, but the consensus was that they would not fall within acceptable decorations.

What will be allowed are white lights and "secular" symbols not associated "with any particular holiday" such as icicles, unadorned greenery and snowflakes, the task force said.

The group was made up of members of the city's business and religious communities as well as representatives from some community groups. Members met for months to review the existing holiday display policy, which allowed white as well as multi-colored lights and wreaths and garlands.

In previous years, there also was a Christmas tree at the city's Oak Street Plaza.

A vote on the proposal will be coming up before the city council on Nov. 20, officials said.

"As far as I'm concerned, the group ended up in a very fair place in which primarily secular symbols will be used on city property," task force member Saul Hopper told the newspaper.

Anthony told WND that there actually would be colored lights allowed.

"Colored lights would be allowed as part of holiday display inside city buildings, and as part of the multicultural display at the museum. Our recommendations allow wide latitude as far as what can be included in those displays, which are the displays the public sees and interacts with the most," he said.

However, a copy of the actual proposal said for city building exteriors, "white lights" are allowed, and for city building interior common areas, such as lobbies, hallways and conference rooms, administrators should follow the guidelines that include allowances for "snowflakes, snowmen, snow balls, ice skates, skies, penguins, polar bears, white lights, etc."

The new guidelines include no provision for colored lights.

The existing holiday display rules were adopted in 2006 after a rabbi requested that the city display a menorah.

The only apparent exception to the completely secular rule would be at the Fort Collins Museum, where a "multicultural display" of symbols and objects would be collected to represent Diwali, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and Christmas among others.

"I expect criticism from people who feel like we are taking Christmas away. And I expect we will get criticism from people who think educational display endorses religions," Anthony said. "(But) to the extent we can, recognizing that offending no one will be impossible, we want to be inclusive."

City officials touted their own efforts.

"I am really delighted to see us taking this step," Mayor Doug Hutchinson said when the task force was being assembled. "I think Fort Collins is a great city, and I think great cities are inclusionary."

In a forum for the Coloradoan, outrage was pretty evident.

"Let's spend our CHRISTMAS money somewhere that believes in CHRISTMAS!" wrote barbie333. "Where does the 'PC-ization' stop? Maybe if the town leaders realize that we do not live in Boulder (or California)!?"

Added "Stick," "No Virginia, there is no Santa Claus, he is dead from lack of political correctness and the elves have all been sent to China to make toys."

"Seth Anthony says, 'Some symbols, even though the Supreme Court has declared that in many contexts they are secular symbols, often still send a message to some members of the community that they and their traditions are not valued and not wanted. We don't want to send that message.' Guess what, Seth? That's EXACTLY the message you sent me!" added "notpc."

"If the city council decided to not acknowledge Christmas on public grounds this year then all city offices should be open for business on Dec. 25th, white lights shining! Don't want to offend anyone by stopping city business for a day to celebrate a holiday not everyone believes in," added Amidon
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58528

Those members are not valued or wanted. If I can ignore religious holidays of all types then so can they. Don't like christmas, then don't celebrate it.

mrg666
11-10-2007, 02:09 AM

so when the whole spirit of christmas is killed off by idiot killjoys , and you are taking a trip to the mosque before your dinner on xmas day , it will be exciting and meaningfull .
if we let them slowly eat away at western life as we know it , and become some sort of global community. what happens then ? if we give in on these things we will be in trouble .
these are the things wars were fought for , ie our freedom to enjoy our western traditions .

JohnDoe
11-10-2007, 02:16 AM
Personally I think Christmas has become extremely secular and commercialized over the last 100 years with no reverence given to the humble, Jesus Christ.

jd

red states rule
11-10-2007, 06:02 AM
so when the whole spirit of christmas is killed off by idiot killjoys , and you are taking a trip to the mosque before your dinner on xmas day , it will be exciting and meaningfull .
if we let them slowly eat away at western life as we know it , and become some sort of global community. what happens then ? if we give in on these things we will be in trouble .
these are the things wars were fought for , ie our freedom to enjoy our western traditions .

This reminds me of liberal school boards who want to ban red or green clothing, or even Christmas Carols during the holidays

Once again libs prove that those who demand the most tolerance from the rest of us, are the least tolerant themselves.

PostmodernProphet
11-10-2007, 08:30 AM
who want to ban red or green clothing

I had thought I was quite familiar with scripture......but this one has me baffled.....which book covered clothing colors?

red states rule
11-10-2007, 08:36 AM
I had thought I was quite familiar with scripture......but this one has me baffled.....which book covered clothing colors?

Ask the liberal kooks who are the ones trying to ban Christmas and all references to it

Trigg
11-10-2007, 10:36 AM

Personnally I like this quote in the article. If they want to pretend that this time of year has nothing to do with religion than they should go to work.

The stores that bother me at Christmas are the ones with Happy Hanukkah (?), Happy Kwanza and others but NO Merry Christmas.

I especially love that they want to put out Happy Holidays before Christmas, but have after Christmas sales the day after. Even on those years where Hanukkah is AFTER Christmas ended. WHY are all the displays being taken down..........................right after?????????????????????????

Trigg
11-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Personally I think Christmas has become extremely secular and commercialized over the last 100 years with no reverence given to the humble, Jesus Christ.

jd

Very true.

red states rule
11-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Personnally I like this quote in the article. If they want to pretend that this time of year has nothing to do with religion than they should go to work.

The stores that bother me at Christmas are the ones with Happy Hanukkah (?), Happy Kwanza and others but NO Merry Christmas.

I especially love that they want to put out Happy Holidays before Christmas, but have after Christmas sales the day after. Even on those years where Hanukkah is AFTER Christmas ended. WHY are all the displays being taken down..........................right after?????????????????????????

Now you attend Holiday parties, and schools are closed for the Winter Break.

Wal Mart did put their Merry Vhristmas banners up last year after many people complained. I hope to see those banners again this year

Trigg
11-10-2007, 10:47 AM

Wal Mart did put their Merry Vhristmas banners up last year after many people complained. I hope to see those banners again this year

One great thing about living in the boonies, it's still Christmas vacation around here, we also have Good Friday off.

red states rule
11-10-2007, 10:51 AM
One great thing about living in the boonies, it's still Christmas vacation around here, we also have Good Friday off.

I live in a rural area and while some libs have tried to change the local school calendar - they were told to take a hike

If you don't celebrate Christmas fine - leave those of who do alone

Abbey Marie
11-10-2007, 10:58 AM
I must have missed the part where the angels shone red and green lights over the stable in Bethlehem. :rolleyes:

As for RSR's supposed failure to celebrate Easter in accordance with the proper guidelines: Hey MFM, please let me know which hours of the day and in what manner, I am supposed to worship God. I don't want to get it wrong, now.

red states rule
11-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Every year, the left has to endure Christian extremists going nuts and wishing people a Merry Christmas, despite their warnings not to do so

bullypulpit
11-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Christmas was killed by American retailers looking to dump their overstocks and merchandise that would otherwise be left on the shelves at the end of the tax year. There's no anti-religious motive to it...Just pure profit.

red states rule
11-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Christmas was killed by American retailers looking to dump their overstocks and merchandise that would otherwise be left on the shelves at the end of the tax year. There's no anti-religious motive to it...Just pure profit.

Not so BP

The kook left are the ones wanting to ban Christmas decorations, parties, cards, and carols

They want to remove the word Christmas from calandars and from stores

The Christmas season makes and breaks retail stores - that is when they make all their profit for the entire year

red states rule
11-10-2007, 11:16 AM
If you run or work for a company that has Christmas parties - pay attention. This may be what is coming in the near future

Politically-Correct Christmas Holiday Parties

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO: All Employees
RE: Christmas Party
DATE: December 1

I'm happy to inform you that the company Christmas Party will take place on December 23, starting at noon in the banquet room at Luigi's Open Pit Barbecue. No-host bar, but plenty of eggnog! We'll have a small band playing traditional carols...feel free to sing along. And don't be surprised if our CEO shows up dressed as Santa Claus! A Christmas tree will be lit at 1:00 P.M. Exchange of gifts among employees can be done at that time, however, no gift should be over $10.00 to make the giving of gifts easy for everyone's pockets. This gathering is only for employees! A special announcement will be made by our CEO at that time!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Patty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RE: Holiday Party
DATE: December 2

In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognize that Chanukah is an important holiday which often coincides with Christmas, though unfortunately not this year. However, from now on we're calling it our "Holiday Party". The same policy applies to employees who are celebrating Kwanzaa at this time. There will be no Christmas tree present. No, Christmas carols sung. We will have other types of music for your enjoyment.

Happy now?

Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Patty

DATE: December 3

Regarding the note I received from a member of Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table ... you didn't sign your name. I'm happy to accommodate this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, "AA"; you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. How am I supposed to handle this? Somebody? Forget about the gifts exchange, no gifts exchange are allowed since the union members feel that $10.00 is too much money and executives believe $10.00 is very little for a gift.

NO GIFTS EXCHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED.
Patty

DATE: December 7

What a diverse group we are! I had no idea that December 20 begins the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which forbids eating and drinking during daylight hours. There goes the party! Seriously, we can appreciate how a luncheon this time of year does not accommodate our Muslim employees' beliefs. Perhaps Luigi's can hold off on serving your meal until the end of the party-the days are so short this time of year-or else package everything for take home in little foil swans. Will that work?

Meanwhile, I've arranged for members of Overeaters Anonymous to sit farthest from the dessert buffet and pregnant women will get the table closest to the restrooms. Gays are allowed to sit with each other. Lesbians do not have to sit with Gay men, each will have their own table. Yes, there will be flower arrangement for the Gay men's table. To the person asking permission to cross dress, no cross dressing allowed though. We will have booster seats for short people. Low-fat food will be available for those on a diet. We cannot control the salt used in the food we suggest for those people with high blood pressure problems to taste first. There will be fresh fruits as dessert for Diabetics, the restaurant cannot supply "No Sugar" desserts. Sorry!

Did I miss anything?
Patty

DATE: December 8

So December 22 marks the Winter Solstice...what do you expect me to do, a tap-dance on your heads? Fire regulations at Luigi's prohibit the burning of sage by our "earth-based Goddess-worshipping" employees, but we'll try to accommodate your shamanic drumming circle during the band's breaks. Okay???

Patty

DATE: December 9

People, people, nothing sinister was intended by having our CEO dress up like Santa Claus! Even if the anagram of "Santa" does happen to be "Satan" there is no evil connotation to our own "little man in a red suit." It's a tradition, folks, like sugar shock at Halloween or family feuds over the Thanksgiving turkey or broken hearts on Valentine's Day.

Could we lighten up? Please????????? Also the company has changed their mind in announcing the special announcement at the gathering. You will get a notification in the mail sent to your home.

Patty

TO: All #%&$**@ Employees
RE: The %#*&^%@*%^Holiday Party
DATE: December 10

I have no #%&*@*^ idea what the announcement is all about. What the %#&^!@ do I care... I KNOW WHAT I AM GOING TO GET!!!!!!!!!!!! You change your address now and you are dead!!!!!!!!!!!! No more changes of address will be allowed in my office. Try to come in and change your address, I will have you hung from the ceiling in the warehouse!!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarians!?!?!? I've had it with you people!!! We're going to keep this party at Luigi's Open Pit Barbecue whether you like it or not, so you can sit quietly at the table furthest from the "grill of death," as you so quaintly put it, and you'll get your #$%^&*! salad bar, including hydroponic tomatoes. But you know, they have feelings, too. Tomatoes scream when you slice them. I've heard them scream. I'm hearing them scream right now! HA!

I hope you all have a rotten holiday! Drive drunk and die you hear me!!!!!!!!!!!

The ßitch from HËLL!!!!!!!!

DATE: December 14
RE: Patty Lewis and Holiday Party

I'm sure I speak for all of us in wishing Patty Lewis a speedy recovery from her stress-related illness and I'll continue to forward your cards to her at the sanitarium. In the meantime, management has decided to cancel our Holiday Party and give everyone the afternoon of the 23rd off with full pay.

Happy Holidays!

http://wilk4.com/humor/humorm184.htm

retiredman
11-10-2007, 02:12 PM

"western life as we know it" requires christians to be constantly in sight of iconography of their faith?

Like I said...I decorate my house, I hlep decorate my church. I celebrate the birth of Jesus along with faithful christians around the world. I do not need to see symbols of my faith plastered all over government buildings and real estate at tax payer expense in order to retain my faith.

This crap is just another issue to rile up the masses to keep them from thinking about how fucked up our health care is, about how stupid the war in Iraq is, and how rich the drug companies and all the other well heeled special interests are getting while the bottom half of America sinks.

red states rule
11-10-2007, 02:22 PM
"western life as we know it" requires christians to be constantly in sight of iconography of their faith?

Like I said...I decorate my house, I hlep decorate my church. I celebrate the birth of Jesus along with faithful christians around the world. I do not need to see symbols of my faith plastered all over government buildings and real estate at tax payer expense in order to retain my faith.

This crap is just another issue to rile up the masses to keep them from thinking about how fucked up our health care is, about how stupid the war in Iraq is, and how rich the drug companies and all the other well heeled special interests are getting while the bottom half of America sinks.

I do not see big mouth libs like you, Michael Moore, and Sean Penn going to Cuba or Canada for their health care.

We know you lib still want to surrender in Iraq, and without drug companies we would not have such long lives.

"Tolerant" libs are once again trying to impose their views on the rest of us byt trying to remove all references of Christmas from the public view

retiredman
11-10-2007, 02:27 PM
I do not see big mouth libs like you, Michael Moore, and Sean Penn going to Cuba or Canada for their health care.

We know you lib still want to surrender in Iraq, and without drug companies we would not have such long lives.

"Tolerant" libs are once again trying to impose their views on the rest of us byt trying to remove all references of Christmas from the public view

my wife and I are within a year or two at the outside of moving to Mexico for our retirement...and the primary reason is healthcare.

Like I have said before...what do YOU care about Christiam iconography? You spent the day we celebrate our Lord rising from the dead and descending into heaven, not at church glorifying and worshippin him, but on USMB from before dawn until dusk prattling away about politics.

I just watched "Sicko" this afternoon. Have you seen it, RSR? Of COURSE you haven't. But you can sure spew talking points that others feed you to denigrate it.

You SHOULD watch it...it shows several Americans who were diagnosed with cancer only to have their health care denied by insurance companies and they died. It SHOULD scare the shit out of you... but of course, you'll never watch it.

red states rule
11-10-2007, 02:29 PM
my wife and I are within a year or two at the outside of moving to Mexico for our retirement...and the primary reason is healthcare.

Like I have said before...what do YOU care about Christiam iconography? You spent the day our Lord rose from the dead and descended into heaven, not at church glorifying and worshippin him, but on USMB from before dawn until dusk prattling away about politics.

I just watched "Sicko" this afternoon. Have you seen it, RSR? Of COURSE you haven't. But you can sure spew talking points that others feed you to denigrate it.

what a fucking loser.

Good the sooner you leave the better

Poor health care? No menntal health benefits MM? Or did the shrink toss you out of his office and write loon on your file?

Again, please tell us how you have decided how we should celebrate the holiday. Libs like you like to tell us how to live nearly every aspect of our lives

Sicko has been proven to have many lies and distorations in it. No wonder you love the film

retiredman
11-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Good the sooner you leave the better

Poor health care? No menntal health benefits MM? Or did the shrink toss you out of his office and write loon on your file?

Again, please tell us how you have decided how we should celebrate the holiday. Libs like you like to tell us how to live nearly every aspect of our lives

Sicko has been proven to have many lies and distorations in it. No wonder you love the film

I don't need any mental health benefits. I am only under the observation of a cardiologist.

I have not decided how you should celebrate anything. Why should YOU decide, on behalf of every citizen, to spend THEIR tax dollars on Christmas decorations?

Wanna decorate? decorate your trailer. decorate your church...oh wait..we know you don't have one of those...all you have is faux outrage!

red states rule
11-10-2007, 02:36 PM
I don't need any mental health benefits. I am only under the observation of a cardiologist.

I have not decided how you should celebrate anything. Why should YOU decide, on behalf of every citizen, to spend THEIR tax dollars on Christmas decorations?

Wanna decorate? decorate your trailer. decorate your church...oh wait..we know you don't have one of those...all you have is faux outrage!

Libs are banning those decorations in many towns. The tolerant left is the most introlerant group of nuts you can meet

retiredman
11-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Libs are banning those decorations in many towns. The tolerant left is the most introlerant group of nuts you can meet

like I said...why should tax dollars be spent on christmas decorations? wanna decorate, decorate your trailer, or your mon's basement, or wherever you are living now.... or decorate your church. LOL.... as if you even know where one is.

red states rule
11-10-2007, 02:48 PM
like I said...why should tax dollars be spent on christmas decorations? wanna decorate, decorate your trailer, or your mon's basement, or wherever you are living now.... or decorate your church. LOL.... as if you even know where one is.

A lib like you walks through the nieighborhood singing Jingo Bell Crock" at the top of your lungs and kicking over nativity scenes in the city square. It is unconstitutional to have them there

retiredman
11-10-2007, 02:52 PM
A lib like you walks through the nieighborhood singing Jingo Bell Crock" at the top of your lungs and kicking over nativity scenes in the city square. It is unconstitutional to have them there

I actually go around the neighborhood singing christmas carols with my church choir, but we always stop and ask homes if they would like to hear one and never impose without their approval.

what do you do at the trailer park?

actsnoblemartin
11-10-2007, 02:57 PM
i agree their is a war on christmas, many haters out there.

Without liberal kooks I would never have known red and green lights - gasp - are "religious" symbols

The PC police are running wild

red states rule
11-10-2007, 02:57 PM
I actually go around the neighborhood singing christmas carols with my church choir, but we always stop and ask homes if they would like to hear one and never impose without their approval.

what do you do at the trailer park?

I do not live in a trailer park nubmnuts. Usually we find a liberal, use him for bait, and go bear hunting

retiredman
11-10-2007, 03:01 PM
I do not live in a trailer park nubmnuts. Usually we find a liberal, use him for bait, and go bear hunting

you are repeating yourself. maybe it's the meds, eh?:lol:

waterrescuedude2000
11-10-2007, 03:19 PM
you are repeating yourself. maybe it's the meds, eh?:lol:

Maybe its just because you are an worthless pencil dick asshole mainequeer???? I hope you get something worse than cancer. If there is something worse than it. I look forward to putting you back in the negatives dickhead!!

mrg666
11-10-2007, 03:21 PM

it may well be crap to rile the masses , however the pc brigade are slowly erroding our way of life .
now it doesn't matter if it's looked at from a religeous point of view or an athiests . it's not just christmas it's many many areas of our lives and traditions that are at risk , from black jelly babies ( riddiculous ) to who knows what else . the normal folk around the world need to stick together on these issues and voice objections.

retiredman
11-10-2007, 03:35 PM
it may well be crap to rile the masses , however the pc brigade are slowly erroding our way of life .
now it doesn't matter if it's looked at from a religeous point of view or an athiests . it's not just christmas it's many many areas of our lives and traditions that are at risk , from black jelly babies ( riddiculous ) to who knows what else . the normal folk around the world need to stick together on these issues and voice objections.

odd. I do not feel my way of life is being eroded by anything. I celebrate Christmas exactly as I have for decades. And I can buy black jelly beans at my local candy store anytime I want!

I think it is ridiculous that we allow the government to pass a law that allows drug companies to charge whatever they chose for drugs for seniors and no one says a word...but Christmas decorations cause an uproar. pretty pathetic.

mrg666
11-10-2007, 04:01 PM
odd. I do not feel my way of life is being eroded by anything. I celebrate Christmas exactly as I have for decades. And I can buy black jelly beans at my local candy store anytime I want!

I think it is ridiculous that we allow the government to pass a law that allows drug companies to charge whatever they chose for drugs for seniors and no one says a word...but Christmas decorations cause an uproar. pretty pathetic.

the drug thing is a differant point , that im sure people are lobbying against.
unfortunately most folk wont worry about that till a relative or themselves are affected (sad but true ).
have you even started a thread for the discussion of this and seen a reaction ?

waterrescuedude2000
11-10-2007, 04:57 PM

You know I can see maybe limiting it for seniors on a limited income.... But just because someone is of an older age they get "senior discounts" Where the hell is the veterans discounts???? I am not worried about a pharmacy I got the VA as far as senior males most are veterans anyways and don't have to pay for prescriptions.

actsnoblemartin
11-10-2007, 05:35 PM
common waterrescuedude2000, tell us how you really feel.

Maybe its just because you are an worthless pencil dick asshole mainequeer???? I hope you get something worse than cancer. If there is something worse than it. I look forward to putting you back in the negatives dickhead!!

actsnoblemartin
11-10-2007, 05:36 PM
come on waterrescuedude2000, tell us how you really feel. :laugh2:

waterrescuedude2000
11-10-2007, 05:39 PM
come on waterrescuedude2000, tell us how you really feel. :laugh2:

If I were to do that they would be edited within 30 seconds for content. Besides while I really don't like Maine Queer Bitch I still cant put it in here.
I might use an acronym though it goes like this Can't Understand Normal Thinking!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
11-10-2007, 05:40 PM
:coffee:

You sound full of cheer.

Santa's not giving you any presents mr.

:laugh2:

If I were to do that they would be edited within 30 seconds for content. Besides while I really don't like Maine Queer Bitch I still cant put it in here.
I might use an acronym though it goes like this Can't Understand Normal Thinking!!!!!

red states rule
11-10-2007, 06:43 PM

Maybe when he was born, his Mom pushed to hard - and he shot out and hit the far wall head first

actsnoblemartin
11-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Maybe when he was born, his Mom pushed to hard - and he shot out and hit the far wall head first

I made a mistake in judgment. Rsr I dont think we should bring people's mothers into this.

I apologize to maineman for laughing at this joke, it was very vicious of me.

Sorry maineman.

I think we should all leave other peoples families out of it, starting.... NOW

red states rule
11-10-2007, 06:47 PM
:lol:

It would explain alot

actsnoblemartin
11-10-2007, 06:48 PM
more kitty pictures :)

It would explain alot

bullypulpit
11-11-2007, 08:07 AM
Not so BP

The kook left are the ones wanting to ban Christmas decorations, parties, cards, and carols

They want to remove the word Christmas from calandars and from stores

The Christmas season makes and breaks retail stores - that is when they make all their profit for the entire year

The only "war on Christmas" exists solely in the fevered minds of the right-wings so-called "culture warriors" like Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, et al, and their slavish followers. Followers such as yourself whose acqaintance with any original thought is, at best, but a passing one.

Pale Rider
11-11-2007, 11:58 AM

I was in the Wal Mart by me just recently rsr, and they were playing Christmas music over the intercom. Yes, Christmas music. Complete with lyrics of Jesus and angels, the whole bit. I loved it, and will Christmas shop there this year because of it.

Pale Rider
11-11-2007, 12:00 PM

It's an American tradition. Do we Americans let tradition get trampled out so easily by a few loud mouthed secularists? Are we to bend to the every whimper of the militant miniority, anti religous left?

JohnDoe
11-11-2007, 12:04 PM
I was in the Wal Mart by me just recently rsr, and they were playing Christmas music over the intercom. Yes, Christmas music. Complete with lyrics of Jesus and angels, the whole bit. I loved it, and will Christmas shop there this year because of it.That's nice to hear Pale, about Walmart playing Christmas music about Jesus Christ.

BUT, for goodness sakes the Christmas season is surely starting earlier and earlier every year for purely Secular reasons, wouldn't you say? DAMN! Christmas music before thanksgiving is a bit too much in my opinion!

jd

Pale Rider
11-11-2007, 12:35 PM
That's nice to hear Pale, about Walmart playing Christmas music about Jesus Christ.

BUT, for goodness sakes the Christmas season is surely starting earlier and earlier every year for purely Secular reasons, wouldn't you say? DAMN! Christmas music before thanksgiving is a bit too much in my opinion!

jd

I agree, and I was thinking the same thing when I heard it... "shit, it isn't even Thanksgiving yet."

It's all about money, and quite frankly, I really wouldn't care if I ever see another "Christmas light." Who made a string of lights symbols of Christmas anyway? Who invented Santa? Some big, fat, man dressed in red that goes around the world in one night and gives presents to everyone? Well, he doesn't really does he? He skips poor countries. He skips countries that don't believe in Christianity. He even skips poor people here in America that are Christian. Well I am a Christian, and frankly I do think the true meaning about Christmas is being eroded away a little more every year by secular commercialism. Rudolf the red nosed reindeer? What the fuck has he got to do with the birth of Christ? All of it. I don't know.... I've never read anything in the Bible that tells me about when the birth of Christ actually was, and many say it isn't even December 25th. I can see having the spirit of giving because of the story of the three wise men in the Bible that brought gifts to Jesus Christ, so we Christians should share in that tradition. But to have a fit about the lights and the decorations... yes it's tradition, but isn't it maybe just a little bit tradition gone wild? Could it maybe be tradition driven by the almighty dollar? I think a nativity scene is probably the most accurate decoration one can have for Christmas. I don't think our government has to sponsor one either. If you think one should be displayed in public, then put one in your front yard. And if the government and businesses are going to rehash this same old shit this year just as we have been for about tens years now, just do away with anything Christmas, and yes, we will be expecting to see everyone WORKING this year on Christmas day.

LiberalNation
11-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Oh Christmas tree, Oh christmas tree, how lovely are your branches.

Abbey Marie
11-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Oh Christmas tree, Oh christmas tree, how lovely are your branches.

You need to get your cat healed before Christmas; cats love Christmas trees. Right, Shattered? :)

red states rule
11-11-2007, 03:48 PM
That's nice to hear Pale, about Walmart playing Christmas music about Jesus Christ.

jd

JD, this is the time of year the stores make their entire profit for the year. So what if the sales start early?

By cutting prices and sratring early, working people can get Christmas gifts early and save money

red states rule
11-11-2007, 03:50 PM
The only "war on Christmas" exists solely in the fevered minds of the right-wings so-called "culture warriors" like Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, et al, and their slavish followers. Followers such as yourself whose acqaintance with any original thought is, at best, but a passing one.

This is the usual response when libs are busted and can't offer any defense for their actions

retiredman
11-11-2007, 06:18 PM
JD, this is the time of year the stores make their entire profit for the year. So what if the sales start early?

By cutting prices and sratring early, working people can get Christmas gifts early and save money

and certainly, celebrating the birth of Jesus is all about maximizing retail sales!

red states rule
11-11-2007, 06:21 PM
and certainly, celebrating the birth of Jesus is all about maximizing retail sales!

Again, a proud member of the kook left wants to tells us how to celebrate the holiday

Perhaps you are hoping for retail sales to plunge? Libs love to see as many people as possible to be as miserable as possible

retiredman
11-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Again, a proud member of the kook left wants to tells us how to celebrate the holiday

Perhaps you are hoping for retail sales to plunge? Libs love to see as many people as possible to be as miserable as possible

retail sales have nothing to do with the birth of the Christ child.

but if you were a christian, instead of a moronic hack gadfly who complains about attacks on Christianity while spending the entire day on Easter on USMB railing about "libs and dems" and not celebrating the resurrection of Christ.

red states rule
11-11-2007, 06:28 PM
retail sales have nothing to do with the birth of the Christ child.

but if you were a christian, instead of a moronic hack gadfly who complains about attacks on Christianity while spending the entire day on Easter on USMB railing about "libs and dems" and not celebrating the resurrection of Christ.

Again, libs have deemed themselves the ones who will decide how folks celebrate the holiday

Leave it egotistical and sactomonious nitwits like to to tell us

retiredman
11-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Again, libs have deemed themselves the ones who will decide how folks celebrate the holiday

Leave it egotistical and sactomonious nitwits like to to tell us

if you want to try to claim that Christmas is about early shopping and retail profits, go for it, Christian! :lol:

red states rule
11-11-2007, 06:32 PM
if you want to try to claim that Christmas is about early shopping and retail profits, go for it, Christian! :lol:

To you it it tis the season to harass those who do celebrate the season openly

Then attack them when they call you and your ilk on it

retiredman
11-11-2007, 06:37 PM
To you it it tis the season to harass those who do celebrate the season openly

Then attack them when they call you and your ilk on it

you are absolutely wrong about me...for me it is an intensely devout season.... one in which I spend a great deal of time with my family and my church congregation.

But you seem to feel it is about shopping and retail sales. Is that how you feel devout Christians celebrate the birth of the savior? By going to walmart before thanksgiving and buying stuff? :lol:

red states rule
11-11-2007, 06:40 PM
you are absolutely wrong about me...for me it is an intensely devout season.... one in which I spend a great deal of time with my family and my church congregation.

But you seem to feel it is about shopping and retail sales. Is that how you feel devout Christians celebrate the birth of the savior? By going to walmart before thanksgiving and buying stuff? :lol:

You are well known here

Since consumer spending is 2/3's of the economy - and folks like to give gifts for Christmas - it is important

The last thing libs want to see is people flocking to the mall and spending - they are still screaming how rotten the economy is

They do not want to see more proof they are wrong

retiredman
11-11-2007, 06:42 PM
You are well known here

Since consumer spending is 2/3's of the economy - and folks like to give gifts for Christmas - it is important

The last thing libs want to see is people flocking to the mall and spending - they are still screaming how rotten the economy is

They do not want to see more proof they are wrong

so Christmas is not so much about joyous celebration about the birth of Jesus as it is about boosting the economy by buying stuff?

I take it you celebrate Christmas with all the reverance that you do Easter! :laugh2:

red states rule
11-11-2007, 06:44 PM
so Christmas is not so much about joyous celebration about the birth of Jesus as it is about boosting the economy by buying stuff?

I take it you celebrate Christmas with all the reverance that you do Easter! :laugh2:

What is your idea of celebrating the holiday? Ripping down Christmas trees in the town square and punting Nativity scenes across the street?

retiredman
11-11-2007, 06:48 PM
What is your idea of celebrating the holiday? Ripping down Christmas trees in the town square and punting Nativity scenes across the street?

nothing of the kind. My ideas of celebrating the Christmas holiday has a great deal to do with prayer, and worship, and liturgical music...and spending time with family and congregation members. But clearly, your idea has to do with walmart! Easter is all about the eggs and mrashmallow peeps, too, isn't it?:laugh2:

Oh..and by the way...I really don't give a fuck about reputation points, and you can keep giving them to me all night long. Last I checked, negative numbers have not stopped me from poking holes in your faux outrage!:laugh2:

red states rule
11-11-2007, 06:50 PM
nothing of the kind. My ideas of celebrating the Christmas holiday has a great deal to do with prayer, and worship, and liturgical music...and spending time with family and congregation members. But clearly, your idea has to do with walmart! Easter is all about the eggs and mrashmallow peeps, too, isn't it?:laugh2:

Oh..and by the way...I really don't give a fuck about reputation points, and you can keep giving them to me all night long. Last I checked, negative numbers have not stopped me from poking holes in your faux outrage!:laugh2:

For a person that claims to be so Religiuos - you have a funny way of showing it

As far as your rep - I don't care about your numbers either. When you act like a dick many people let you know what they think about it

retiredman
11-11-2007, 06:54 PM
For a person that claims to be so Religiuos - you have a funny way of showing it

As far as your rep - I don't care about your numbers either. When you act like a dick many people let you know what they think about it

for a person who is clearly not religious at all, you seem to get all in a dither about retail christmas sales!

I show my faith by attending church every sunday and by serving as a deacon and by singing in the choir and by delivering home communion to shut ins.

you show your "faith" by shopping! :laugh2:

red states rule
11-11-2007, 06:56 PM
for a person who is clearly not religious at all, you seem to get all in a dither about retail christmas sales!

I show my faith by attending church every sunday and by serving as a deacon and by singing in the choir and by delivering home communion to shut ins.

you show your "faith" by shopping! :laugh2:

Oh yes Mr Christian

Making jokes about a person with cancer and chemo.

Making insulting comments anbout family members

Posting how people who disagree with you have sex with animals

I wonder how your fellow Church members would react if they read those posts

Now you make your usual lame attampt to change the subject while showing you are totally without facts and your arguments are lame at best

retiredman
11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Oh yes Mr Christian

Making jokes about a person with cancer and chemo.

Making insulting comments anbout family members

Posting how people who disagree with you have sex with animals

I wonder how your fellow Church members would react if they read those posts

Now you make your usual lame attampt to change the subject while showing you are totally without facts and your arguments are lame at best

Christians are all sinners....they also all seek, and receive, forgiveness. I am certain that my fellow church members would react with forgiveness and understanding.

My argument is totally factual, by the way. I am factual when I point out that you are in no position to claim any sort of piety. I am factual when I point out that your view of Christmas is about retail sales and not about adoring the Christ child.

and I never said you had sex with animals....you need to comprehend the concept of "analogy"....but I bet they don't cover that in My Weekly Reader, do they? :laugh2:

and really. how are any of us really to KNOW that you actually have cancer? For all we KNOW, you are a teenager with a vivid imagination living with his mom. I have stated to you and to the board, that, if you do indeed have cancer, it is in poor taste for me to be poking you about it. that is all you will get and more than you deserve!

mrg666
11-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Christians are all sinners....they also all seek, and receive, forgiveness. I am certain that my fellow church members would react with forgiveness and understanding.

My argument is totally factual, by the way. I am factual when I point out that you are in no position to claim any sort of piety. I am factual when I point out that your view of Christmas is about retail sales and not about adoring the Christ child.

and I never said you had sex with animals....you need to comprehend the concept of "analogy"....but I bet they don't cover that in My Weekly Reader, do they? :laugh2:

and really. how are any of us really to KNOW that you actually have cancer? For all we KNOW, you are a teenager with a vivid imagination living with his mom. I have stated to you and to the board, that, if you do indeed have cancer, it is in poor taste for me to be poking you about it. that is all you will get and more than you deserve!

you really can't leave it alone , you go quiet for a few weeks then the cycle re starts .
if this is the only way you can get your point across then i pity you .

retiredman
11-11-2007, 07:56 PM
my POINT was, and is, that RSR's exhibition of faux outrage about Christmas is fucking ridiculous given the fact that the season is nothing more to him than a chance for retailers to make profits....and when I pointed that out to him, he has to try to deflect that by bringing up old news.... issues that have been discussed and apologized for.... but don't let that stop you from jumping in!

Yurt
11-11-2007, 09:39 PM
my POINT was, and is, that RSR's exhibition of faux outrage about Christmas is fucking ridiculous given the fact that the season is nothing more to him than a chance for retailers to make profits....and when I pointed that out to him, he has to try to deflect that by bringing up old news.... issues that have been discussed and apologized for.... but don't let that stop you from jumping in!

What difference does it make if some make christmas out to be a retail fest and others use it to remember Christ? We live on an imperfect world, any chance we get to remember, is very important. Remember, a key word, only used once in the commandments. Does it matter if some make it secular or some make it spiritual?

IMO, this anti "christmas" stuff serves only to make Christ more known to people. So keep up your blatherings MFM

mrg666
11-11-2007, 09:54 PM

oh i wont

red states rule
11-12-2007, 05:31 AM
oh i wont

It won't stop alot on this board either

red states rule
11-12-2007, 05:34 AM
What difference does it make if some make christmas out to be a retail fest and others use it to remember Christ? We live on an imperfect world, any chance we get to remember, is very important. Remember, a key word, only used once in the commandments. Does it matter if some make it secular or some make it spiritual?

IMO, this anti "christmas" stuff serves only to make Christ more known to people. So keep up your blatherings MFM

With stores like Wal Mart starting the Christmas sales ealry this year, they are helping the middle and lower class get what they want at a lower price

So what is the beef from the left?

I like what Wal Mart has added to their logo:

"Save Money - Live Better"

retiredman
11-12-2007, 07:27 AM

the "difference", is what people use as the basis for their faux outrage. If Christmas really is only a retail shopping event, why act all indignant when the subject is religious iconography that does not have anything to do with shopping? Save the outrage for the big box stores that don't offer amazing before Christmas bargains!

Hagbard Celine
11-12-2007, 09:32 AM
This is such a non-issue. It was kinda funny last year. This year it's just sad. It's the "Poor me, I'm a white Christian and I'm victimized by everything" argument. Here's a hint, you're not a victim of anything other than your own self-centered stupidity. Grow a backbone, turn-off the talk radio and go out and partake in the capitalist holiday like everyone else. Buy your kid that Stone Cold Steve Austin doll he's been whining about for so long, go to the mandatory church "service" and drink some freakin' egg nog. I'd recommend adding some whiskey, but I know your prudish, conservative mores won't allow you to follow my advice. I AM just a secularist commie liberal devil afterall! Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry X-Mas! Haha :laugh:

red states rule
11-12-2007, 09:33 AM
This is such a non-issue. It was kinda funny last year. This year it's just sad. It's the "Poor me, I'm a white Christian and I'm victimized by everything" argument. Here's a hint, you're not a victim of anything other than your own self-centered stupidity. Grow a backbone, turn-off the talk radio, go out and partake in the capitalist holiday like everyone else. Buy your kid that Stone Cold Steve Austin doll he's been whining about for so long, go to the mandatory church "service" and drink some freakin' egg nog. I'd recommend adding some whiskey, but I know your prudish, conservative mores won't allow for it. I AM just a secularist commie liberal devil afterall! Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry X-Mas! Haha :laugh:

Why can't libs just look away when they see a Christmas tree and lights - and they are offended?

Then we have libs who are offended over Christmas Carols

Christmas carols banned, but Hanukkah songs OK

WorldNetDaily:

Religious-liberty attorneys have contacted a Wisconsin school district that consistently forbids Christian Christmas carols from being sung in music programs but finds nothing wrong with Hanukkah songs.

According to law firm Liberty Counsel, the Glendale-River Hills School District of Glendale, Wis., has a written policy saying songs with "dogmatic religious statements" are strictly forbidden.

A statement from Liberty Counsel tells the story of Barbara Wheeler, whose 9-year-old daughter attends school in the district. In 2003, when the district's music programs excluded religious Christmas songs, Wheeler complained about their absence. School officials said they would get back with her, but they reportedly never did. Last year, Wheeler voiced complaints to the district in mid-November, but school officials said the songs already were set.

This year, when the school's music program contained Hanukkah and secular Christmas songs but no religious Christmas songs, Wheeler again objected.

That's when the mother was referred to the district's written policy:

"Music programs given at times close to religious holidays should not use the religious aspect of these holidays as the underlying motive or theme. No songs should be sung which contain dogmatic religious statements."

According to Liberty Counsel, Frances Smith, the district administrator, says the Hanukkah songs are more cultural than spiritual and thus are OK to sing.

On behalf of Wheeler, Liberty Counsel has written a demand letter to the district, stating that the school's policy is unconstitutional. Included was the law firm's Friend or Foe Christmas memo, which addresses the legality of celebrating Christmas.

The letter requests that the district immediately change its policy and include religious Christmas songs. Failure to respond favorably will subject the district to a lawsuit, Liberty Counsel says.

"The intent of the school district's policy is clear – 'Frosty the Snowman' is in, 'My Dreidel' is in, 'Silent Night' is out," said Mat Staver, Liberty Counsel president and general counsel. "How much more ridiculous can it get when 96 percent of Americans celebrate Christmas, but the school district pretends like Christmas is merely a ghost of Christmas past."

The organization's Friend or Foe Christmas Campaign urges churches to run Friend or Foe ads in their local newspapers.

Controversy over Christmas and its celebration in the public square has reached a fever pitch this year with battles raging over everything from what to call evergreen trees to whether or not retailers allow their employees to wish customers a "merry Christmas."

http://moderntribalist.blogspot.com/2005/12/christmas-carols-banned-but-hanukkah.html

retiredman
11-12-2007, 10:06 AM
what offends me is right wingers who turn on the crocodile tears when they willingly betray the essence of Christmas and turn it into a retail shopping holiday instead of a religious celebration.

Christmas is not under assault from secularists who want to stop the state from foisting religious iconography paid for by the taxpayers on every citizen.

Christmas is under assault from the leaders of corporate America who see the birth of Jesus as a great opportunity to sell stuff to consumers...

and the really sick part is, as corporate America has it's hands in our pockets it simultaneously whines about people who want to take the commercial trappings of Christmas off of the public expense.... because they know that the more pervasive the bombardment of Christmas decorations and music and hoopla, the more Americans will shop.

Sir Evil
11-12-2007, 11:39 AM

Once you are deceased, and being chewed upon by the maggots the world will be a better place. You don't deserve the air you breathe shitbag.

red states rule
11-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Once you are deceased, and being chewed upon by the maggots the world will be a better place. You don't deserve the air you breathe shitbag.

Stop holding back and tell us how you really feel

Hagbard Celine
11-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Why can't libs just look away when they see a Christmas tree and lights - and they are offended?

Then we have libs who are offended over Christmas Carols

Christmas carols banned, but Hanukkah songs OK

WorldNetDaily:

Religious-liberty attorneys have contacted a Wisconsin school district that consistently forbids Christian Christmas carols from being sung in music programs but finds nothing wrong with Hanukkah songs.

According to law firm Liberty Counsel, the Glendale-River Hills School District of Glendale, Wis., has a written policy saying songs with "dogmatic religious statements" are strictly forbidden.

A statement from Liberty Counsel tells the story of Barbara Wheeler, whose 9-year-old daughter attends school in the district. In 2003, when the district's music programs excluded religious Christmas songs, Wheeler complained about their absence. School officials said they would get back with her, but they reportedly never did. Last year, Wheeler voiced complaints to the district in mid-November, but school officials said the songs already were set.

This year, when the school's music program contained Hanukkah and secular Christmas songs but no religious Christmas songs, Wheeler again objected.

That's when the mother was referred to the district's written policy:

"Music programs given at times close to religious holidays should not use the religious aspect of these holidays as the underlying motive or theme. No songs should be sung which contain dogmatic religious statements."

According to Liberty Counsel, Frances Smith, the district administrator, says the Hanukkah songs are more cultural than spiritual and thus are OK to sing.

On behalf of Wheeler, Liberty Counsel has written a demand letter to the district, stating that the school's policy is unconstitutional. Included was the law firm's Friend or Foe Christmas memo, which addresses the legality of celebrating Christmas.

The letter requests that the district immediately change its policy and include religious Christmas songs. Failure to respond favorably will subject the district to a lawsuit, Liberty Counsel says.

"The intent of the school district's policy is clear – 'Frosty the Snowman' is in, 'My Dreidel' is in, 'Silent Night' is out," said Mat Staver, Liberty Counsel president and general counsel. "How much more ridiculous can it get when 96 percent of Americans celebrate Christmas, but the school district pretends like Christmas is merely a ghost of Christmas past."

The organization's Friend or Foe Christmas Campaign urges churches to run Friend or Foe ads in their local newspapers.

Controversy over Christmas and its celebration in the public square has reached a fever pitch this year with battles raging over everything from what to call evergreen trees to whether or not retailers allow their employees to wish customers a "merry Christmas."

http://moderntribalist.blogspot.com/2005/12/christmas-carols-banned-but-hanukkah.html
You won't "convince" me of anything. I like Christmas trees. I just think the "war on Christmas" folks are a bunch of crazies trying to make something out of nothing.

red states rule
11-12-2007, 12:19 PM
You won't "convince" me of anything. I like Christmas trees. But I still think the "war on Christmas" folks are goofy.

I believe you said you work at CNN - so since when would facts mean anything to you?

Every Christmas, the offended left spreads out and whines about people having the nerve to celebrate Christmas in public

retiredman
11-12-2007, 12:31 PM
that's simply not true.

the vast majority of liberals are only concerned about state sponsorship of christmas...and you only seem to really care about corporate retail success!

red states rule
11-12-2007, 12:32 PM
that's simply not true.

the vast majority of liberals are only concerned about state sponsorship of christmas...and you only seem to really care about corporate retail success!

Only to an offended liberal, will the country fall if a Christmas tree is in the town square, or kids sing Christmas Carols in a Christmas play

retiredman
11-12-2007, 12:37 PM
the righteous indignation from a fake like you is really quite humorous.

Tell us again how you celebrated Easter this year!

Tell us again how Christmas is really all about those fabulous before Christmas sales at Walmart!:laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
11-12-2007, 12:42 PM
I believe you said you work at CNN - so since when would facts mean anything to you?

Every Christmas, the offended left spreads out and whines about people having the nerve to celebrate Christmas in public

And the equally offended so-called "right" spreads out and whines about a "war on Christmas." The whole thing is pure ridiculousness. Both sides of it are completely batsh*t insane. There is no war on Christmas. It's just another whiney talking point for Rush and friends to whine about.

gabosaurus
11-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Shouldn't this thread be placed under "Conspiracy Theories"? That is all it is.

actsnoblemartin
11-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Every time you make a negative comment about rsr's cancer, whether you do it publicly or dont have the balls to say in publicly and hide it in pms, the consequence will be the same. A bright shiny christmas present

The wrath of the board :dance:

Hagbard Celine
11-12-2007, 05:42 PM
I don't think we should bring up personal health issues on the board to score sympathy points. RSR is a pretty big assh*le imo. I hope he doesn't die obviously, but I don't want to hear a bunch of depressing stuff about his cancer either. Afterall, you guys don't hear me talking about my rickets do you?

red states rule
11-12-2007, 05:54 PM
I don't think we should bring up personal health issues on the board to score sympathy points. RSR is a pretty big assh*le imo. I hope he doesn't die obviously, but I don't want to hear a bunch of depressing stuff about his cancer either. Afterall, you guys don't hear me talking about my rickets do you?

MM is the one who brings it up

He is the poster child for the modern angry male liberal

retiredman
11-12-2007, 05:59 PM

I apologized for a comment made last month.... publicly and privately....It is RSR who keeps bringing it up everytime I am wiping the floor with his moronic arguments...

and his butt buddy actsmoronicmartin wipes off his chin quickly and always jumps in to protect the honor of his "pal".

I agree...the issue should be the faux outrage of a guy who doesn't know or care the first thing about Christianity - who thinks that Christmas is all about Malmart marketing success...but who wails at the left for wanting only to stop government support for the display of religious iconography.

We should be talking about that....but RSR can't win on that...he has to play the pity card and his pal aids and abets.

hjmick
11-12-2007, 05:59 PM
I am so tired of this "War on Christmas" crap. Get back to me when they arrest Santa Clause and you can no longer buy a Christmas tree. When wrapping paper is burned like books under the Nazis and Trans Siberian Orchestra is exiled to...Siberia, then I'll panic.

red states rule
11-12-2007, 06:02 PM
I apologized for a comment made last month.... publicly and privately....It is RSR who keeps bringing it up everytime I am wiping the floor with his moronic arguments...

and his butt buddy actsmoronicmartin wipes off his chin quickly and always jumps in to protect the honor of his "pal".

I agree...the issue should be the faux outrage of a guy who doesn't know or care the first thing about Christianity - who thinks that Christmas is all about Malmart marketing success...but who wails at the left for wanting only to stop government support for the display of religious iconography.

We should be talking about that....but RSR can't win on that...he has to play the pity card and his pal aids and abets.

Oh yes, the country will implode when we have kids exchanging Christmas cards, performing Christmas plays, and having Christmas decorations in the halls

retiredman
11-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Oh yes, the country will implode when we have kids exchanging Christmas cards, performing Christmas plays, and having Christmas decorations in the halls

I have never suggested that.... but again, why do you care? Christmas means retail sales to you...nothing else.:laugh2:

red states rule
11-13-2007, 07:07 AM
I have never suggested that.... but again, why do you care? Christmas means retail sales to you...nothing else.:laugh2:

Not nothing else

You are to be busy with your fellow lib sticking your damn nose into other peoples business to see otherwise

The shopping season is starting early, and Wal Mart is cutting prices. I would think you libs would be happy that the "working poor" you claim to care about, are now saving money

retiredman
11-13-2007, 07:37 AM
Not nothing else

You are to be busy with your fellow lib sticking your damn nose into other peoples business to see otherwise

The shopping season is starting early, and Wal Mart is cutting prices. I would think you libs would be happy that the "working poor" you claim to care about, are now saving money

what else besided shopping does Christmas mean to you? Are you suggesting that you become sort of different, more observant Christian at Christmas than you are at Easter? I KNOW how you observed Easter.... your record of one post every 20 minutes from 5AM until way into the night speaks for itself.

I have no problem with Walmart cutting prices...that is always a good thing. I have a problem with the faux outrage YOU exhibit when Christianity is clearly nothing you are interested in and Christmas means retail bargains.

red states rule
11-13-2007, 08:57 PM
what else besided shopping does Christmas mean to you? Are you suggesting that you become sort of different, more observant Christian at Christmas than you are at Easter? I KNOW how you observed Easter.... your record of one post every 20 minutes from 5AM until way into the night speaks for itself.

I have no problem with Walmart cutting prices...that is always a good thing. I have a problem with the faux outrage YOU exhibit when Christianity is clearly nothing you are interested in and Christmas means retail bargains.

By all means MM, duck the facts who secular progressives attack the holiday - and attack me

The last thing you want to do is to try and address the issue at hand

retiredman
11-13-2007, 09:01 PM
By all means MM, duck the facts who secular progressives attack the holiday - and attack me

The last thing you want to do is to try and address the issue at hand

my church and the members of it have not been impacted in any negative way by anyone else's issues concerning public funding of religious iconography.

I am not "attacking" you, RSR...I am merely pointing out the hypocrisy of someone who whines about attacks on Christianity but who clearly cares nothing about it...other than the retail bonanza it brings.

red states rule
11-13-2007, 09:02 PM
my church and the members of it have not been impacted in any negative way by anyone else's issues concerning public funding of religious iconography.

I am not "attacking" you, RSR...I am merely pointing out the hypocrisy of someone who whines about attacks on Christianity but who clearly cares nothing about it...other than the retail bonanza it brings.

Once again you give your fellow Dems a pass as they launch their annual attack on the holiday

No surprise here

retiredman
11-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Once again you give your fellow Dems a pass as they launch their annual attack on the holiday

No surprise here

If I felt that Christmas was threatened in any way, I would certainly not give anyone a free pass. I allow free speech, however, and I can tell you that, from my perspective, the true celebration of Christmas has not suffered from the free speech of anyone.

red states rule
11-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Is this an accident or a PC act that has blown up in their face?

Lowe's Apologizes for 'Family Trees' in Christmas Catalog

By Randy Hall
CNSNews.com Staff Writer/Editor
November 14, 2007

(CNSNews.com) - An early skirmish in this year's "War on Christmas" ended on Tuesday when the nationwide home improvement chain Lowe's apologized for referring to Christmas trees in its holiday catalog as "family trees."

"That was a complete error," Maureen Rich, a spokeswoman for Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse - which serves more than 13 million customers a week in its 1,400 stores across the nation - told Cybercast News Service. "Right now, we're extremely disappointed in this breakdown in our own creative process.

"We are apologizing to customers today for any confusion our holiday catalog created," Rich said. She explained that the full-color document is called a holiday catalog "because it encompasses all the holidays from October through January."

Rich's comments came in response to an "Action Alert" sent out earlier in the day by the Mississippi-based American Family Association. The e-mail stated: "In an effort to avoid the use of the term 'Christmas tree,' Lowe's [is] now calling them 'family trees.'"

"In their Holiday 2007 catalog, containing 56 pages of Christmas gifts, Lowe's advertises hundreds of gift items, including scores of 'family trees,'" the message continued. "In fact, the word 'Christmas' only appears two times in the entire holiday catalog."

"Lowe's evidently did not want to offend any non-Christians; therefore, they replaced 'Christmas tree' with 'family tree,'" the AFA e-mail said. "Of course, if Christians are offended, that is evidently OK.

"An online search of Lowe's does reference some....

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.asp?Page=/Culture/archive/200711/CUL20071114b.ht

http://www.newsbull.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=54958

retiredman
11-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Is this an accident or a PC act that has blown up in their face?

By Randy Hall
CNSNews.com Staff Writer/Editor
November 14, 2007

(CNSNews.com) - An early skirmish in this year's "War on Christmas" ended on Tuesday when the nationwide home improvement chain Lowe's apologized for referring to Christmas trees in its holiday catalog as "family trees."

"That was a complete error," Maureen Rich, a spokeswoman for Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse - which serves more than 13 million customers a week in its 1,400 stores across the nation - told Cybercast News Service. "Right now, we're extremely disappointed in this breakdown in our own creative process.

"We are apologizing to customers today for any confusion our holiday catalog created," Rich said. She explained that the full-color document is called a holiday catalog "because it encompasses all the holidays from October through January."

Rich's comments came in response to an "Action Alert" sent out earlier in the day by the Mississippi-based American Family Association. The e-mail stated: "In an effort to avoid the use of the term 'Christmas tree,' Lowe's [is] now calling them 'family trees.'"

"In their Holiday 2007 catalog, containing 56 pages of Christmas gifts, Lowe's advertises hundreds of gift items, including scores of 'family trees,'" the message continued. "In fact, the word 'Christmas' only appears two times in the entire holiday catalog."

"Lowe's evidently did not want to offend any non-Christians; therefore, they replaced 'Christmas tree' with 'family tree,'" the AFA e-mail said. "Of course, if Christians are offended, that is evidently OK.

"An online search of Lowe's does reference some....

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.asp?Page=/Culture/archive/200711/CUL20071114b.ht

who cares? it is a private business.... they can advertise anyway they want. If it sells more trees, aren't YOU, the guy who worships the santa claus of retail sales, HAPPY?